Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePhilip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota

Go down 
+3
JonM229
SteelersYak
Buddha Bus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota  Empty
PostSubject: Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota    Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 9:01 am

Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota [REPORT]
Posted: 04/16/2015, 12:33pm | Matthew Schwerha

Another day, another NFL trade rumor. This one comes from Bleacher Report’s Jason Cole and has the San Diego Chargers making moves to acquire Marcus Mariota.

“San Diego Chargers will ultimately make a deal with the Tennessee Titans for the number two overall pick. As part of that trade, the Chargers will send the number 17 overall pick and Philip Rivers, just as a start, for the number two pick.”

(Read More:) http://national.suntimes.com/nfl/7/72/946003/philip-rivers-marcus-mariota-trade

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Looks like the Colts could end up with some competition for that division after all.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota    Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 9:37 am

Interesting. I don't know who actually gets the better deal here. I like Mariota and I think he's going to be a solid QB but I don't know that SD is a place he will thrive.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota    Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 9:44 am

SteelersYak wrote:
Interesting. I don't know who actually gets the better deal here. I like Mariota and I think he's going to be a solid QB but I don't know that SD is a place he will thrive.

I don't watch college ball so I only know what I read about Mariota occasionally. Not sure how he would work out in SD, but the Chargers have barely even sniffed a Super Bowl with Rivers behind center. With him getting up in age and unable to bring home a trophy thus far with some of the talented teams he's helmed, I don't blame the Chargers for looking for the next great QB in the draft if the opportunity presents itself. Rivers has not been a great playoff QB for them and a disappointment of sorts considering his regular season accomplishments in relation to his playoff results. Factor in age, money, and past results and I can see why they would consider turning the page now.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota    Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 10:14 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:

I don't watch college ball so I only know what I read about Mariota occasionally. Not sure how he would work out in SD, but the Chargers have barely even sniffed a Super Bowl with Rivers behind center. With him getting up in age and unable to bring home a trophy thus far with some of the talented teams he's helmed, I don't blame the Chargers for looking for the next great QB in the draft if the opportunity presents itself. Rivers has not been a great playoff QB for them and a disappointment of sorts considering his regular season accomplishments in relation to his playoff results. Factor in age, money, and past results and I can see why they would consider turning the page now.

I've never liked Rivers, going all the way back to his days at NC State. I don't know if it's his shitty sidearm release, or the fact that he's constantly mouthing off to the other team, but I hate him. I hope he continues his run of regular season success followed by post-season disappointment. It's more fun that way.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota    Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 10:17 am

JonM229 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:

I've never liked Rivers, going all the way back to his days at NC State.  I don't know if it's his shitty sidearm release, or the fact that he's constantly mouthing off to the other team, but I hate him.  I hope he continues his run of regular season success followed by post-season disappointment.  It's more fun that way.

Yeah, Rivers is a douche. I never liked him either. I hope he never finds postseason success.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota    Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 10:35 am

Philip Rivers to Tennessee Titans? GMs debunk senseless rumor
By Adam Schein
NFL Media columnist
Published: April 16, 2015 at 11:56 a.m. Updated: April 16, 2015 at 02:56 p.m.

The Philip Rivers-to-Tennessee rumor has me scratching my head. Frankly, I'm stumped. I simply don't get it. I cannot comprehend it. I don't see the logic anywhere.

So let me get this straight ... A team that has visions of winning double-digit games and making the playoffs is going to trade its quarterback to a rebuilding team for the second overall pick?

If the San Diego Chargers deal Rivers, presumably to get Marcus Mariota, they aren't a playoff team. And I have major questions about their future. If the Tennessee Titans get Rivers, they aren't a playoff team, either. Not even close. And they will have even more major questions for the future.

Other than that, it's a fantastic concept.

In recent days, we've seen a ton of smoke on the Rivers front. But is there actually any fire?

Many teams in the NFL need a quarterback. So why is Rivers only being linked to the Titans? That's the question that has kept me up at night. That's what raises an eyebrow on the matter.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000485703/article/philip-rivers-to-tennessee-titans-gms-debunk-senseless-rumor

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota    Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 1:59 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Philip Rivers to Tennessee Titans? GMs debunk senseless rumor
By Adam Schein
NFL Media columnist
Published: April 16, 2015 at 11:56 a.m. Updated: April 16, 2015 at 02:56 p.m.

The Philip Rivers-to-Tennessee rumor has me scratching my head. Frankly, I'm stumped. I simply don't get it. I cannot comprehend it. I don't see the logic anywhere.

So let me get this straight ... A team that has visions of winning double-digit games and making the playoffs is going to trade its quarterback to a rebuilding team for the second overall pick?

If the San Diego Chargers deal Rivers, presumably to get Marcus Mariota, they aren't a playoff team. And I have major questions about their future. If the Tennessee Titans get Rivers, they aren't a playoff team, either. Not even close. And they will have even more major questions for the future.

Other than that, it's a fantastic concept.

In recent days, we've seen a ton of smoke on the Rivers front. But is there actually any fire?

Many teams in the NFL need a quarterback. So why is Rivers only being linked to the Titans? That's the question that has kept me up at night. That's what raises an eyebrow on the matter.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000485703/article/philip-rivers-to-tennessee-titans-gms-debunk-senseless-rumor

He's debunking until April 30th.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota  3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota    Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota  EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 3:33 pm

Tomlinson: Philip Rivers has lost faith in Chargers
By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The NFL Editor
Published: April 20, 2015 at 08:02 p.m. Updated: April 21, 2015 at 02:28 p.m.

Philip Rivers is at the center of the most fascinating storyline of the offseason. But the Chargers quarterback isn't leaving San Diego yet, and its business as usual around the Chargers for now.

Rivers was at the start of the offseason training program Monday, NFL Media's Alex Flanagan reported. New Chargers receiver Steve Johnson, for one, said he was looking forward to catching Rivers' passes on Tuesday. But will Johnson still be catching his passes in Week 1?

One of Rivers' most notable former teammates, NFL Media's LaDainian Tomlinson, doesn't think so.

"You never want to trade your franchise quarterback. You know that's never the case. However, in this situation, they might have no choice but to do so," Tomlinson said Monday on NFL Network's NFL Total Access. "Because I don't know if Philip (Rivers) wants to be there anymore. I think he has lost confidence in the organization. He's seen a lot of changes going on and the L.A. thing is valid. Him not wanting to go to L.A. is very valid."

Tomlinson points towards a larger divide between the quarterback and the organization than just a potential move up Interstate 5.

"The parts around him keep on moving. The receiver corps keeps on changing. Eddie Royal is now gone," Tomlinson noted. "We talked about this before with Vincent Jackson leaving years ago. There are so many parts that are leaving. When Philip is looking around in that locker room and he doesn't see anyone that he's familiar with other than Antonio Gates.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000486717/article/tomlinson-philip-rivers-has-lost-faith-in-chargers

Back to top Go down
Pappy
Xtreme Newb
Pappy

PostSubject: Re: Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota    Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota  EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 1:45 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:

I agree with you completely. Add in the fact that Rivers doesn't want his large family to move to LA if the Chargers jump ship and I really see this trade a major possibility. But where does that leave the Eagles? Boy the Titans are in the drivers seat in my opinion!
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota    Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota  EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 3:09 pm

WOW! I'm amazed Adam Schein was able to get Aaron Rodgers dick out of his mouth to actually have the time to write another blow hard article on a qb that gets too much credit.

Plus rivers goes from one shit team to another shit team lol
Back to top Go down
The_Joker

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota    Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota  EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 3:34 pm

This doesn't make any sense on Tennessee's part. They're a team that's in the middle of a total rehaul, why would they want a QB in his mid-30's? I don't think they're as dumb as the Redskins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota    Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota  Empty

Back to top Go down

Philip Rivers headed to Tennesse in likely deal for Mariota
Page 1 of 1