Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJerome Bettis: I sold crack, shot at people growing up in Detroit Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Jerome Bettis: I sold crack, shot at people growing up in Detroit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vis

Vis

Jerome Bettis: I sold crack, shot at people growing up in Detroit Empty
PostSubject: Jerome Bettis: I sold crack, shot at people growing up in Detroit   Jerome Bettis: I sold crack, shot at people growing up in Detroit EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 10:01 am

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/24/jerome-bettis-i-sold-crack-shot-at-people-growing-up-in-detroit/

When the Steelers played the Seahawks in Super Bowl XL, perhaps you heard that Pittsburgh running back Jerome Bettis was from Detroit.

But the story he tells now about his growing up are a bit grittier than the heartwarming homecoming stories he was telling then.

In an interview with syndicated sports talk host Graham Bensinger, Bettis admitted selling crack and shooting at people when he was growing up in the Motor City.

Bettis was asked about selling crack with his brother, and admitted it was considered a financial necessity.

“The mind-set was, ‘We’re in the hood. Mom and Dad, they’re working their butts off. There’s no money around. We need to make some money.'” he said, via James Jahnke of the Detroit Free Press. “So we said, ‘You know what? Let’s give it a shot.’ And it was one of those moments that you regret, but at the moment, that was the only thing that was really available to us.”

More....

PostSubject: Re: Jerome Bettis: I sold crack, shot at people growing up in Detroit   Jerome Bettis: I sold crack, shot at people growing up in Detroit EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 11:30 am

His biography is worth a read (Especially if youre on a 5 hour plane ride to pittsburgh).

. .
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Jerome Bettis: I sold crack, shot at people growing up in Detroit   Jerome Bettis: I sold crack, shot at people growing up in Detroit EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 12:44 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
His biography is worth a read  (Especially if youre on a 5 hour plane ride to pittsburgh).

I read it. Truly a different tale of live before the NFL and an honest approach to the underlying stories that never get aired by the NFL

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Jerome Bettis: I sold crack, shot at people growing up in Detroit 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Jerome Bettis: I sold crack, shot at people growing up in Detroit   Jerome Bettis: I sold crack, shot at people growing up in Detroit EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 8:38 pm

So, fire the bus? Jerome Bettis: I sold crack, shot at people growing up in Detroit 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jerome Bettis: I sold crack, shot at people growing up in Detroit   Jerome Bettis: I sold crack, shot at people growing up in Detroit Empty

Back to top Go down

Jerome Bettis: I sold crack, shot at people growing up in Detroit
Page 1 of 1