Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeShould the Steelers sign Mike Vick... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick...

Go down 
+9
FrancoLambert
fer69
steelcityboyz
SteelerEmpire
Fire Arians
Atlanta Dan
vasteeler
Vis
tony hipchest
13 posters
AuthorMessage
tony hipchest

Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... Empty
PostSubject: Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick...   Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 1:49 pm

...assuming Bruce Gradkowski isnt healing for the regular season?

Im not opposed to it. Vick can win on this team.

. .
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick...   Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:11 pm

Can Vick win in the same system?

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick...   Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:19 pm

i haven't really followed his professional career very closely and maybe im wrong but has he ever been a good NFL QB?

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick...   Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 3:25 pm

vasteeler wrote:
 i haven't really followed his professional career very closely and maybe im wrong but has he ever been a good NFL QB?

He was an awesome offensive weapon early in his career although that was due to his great running ability rather than passing skills

When he came back after prison his 2010 passing stats in 11 starts when the Eagles made the playoffs (62.6% completions - 3018 yards - 21 TDs - 6 INTs)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/V/VickMi00.htm

were comparable to Ben's 2010 stats in the 12 games Ben played after the suspension (61.7% completions - 3200 yards - 17 TDs - 5 INTs)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RoetBe00.htm

As Bouchette said this morning, Vick is at least competent, which apparently was not the case with the Steeler backup QB alternatives at practice yesterday

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick...   Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 4:00 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

He was an awesome offensive weapon early in his career although that was due to his great running ability rather than passing skills

When he came back after prison his 2010 passing stats in 11 starts when the Eagles made the playoffs (62.6% completions - 3018 yards - 21 TDs - 6 INTs)  

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/V/VickMi00.htm

were comparable to Ben's 2010 stats in the 12 games Ben played after the suspension (61.7% completions - 3200 yards - 17 TDs - 5 INTs)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RoetBe00.htm

As Bouchette said this morning, Vick is at least competent, which apparently was not the case with the Steeler backup QB alternatives at practice yesterday

affraid wow.....i had no idea he put up those numbers

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick...   Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 5:02 pm

one year, vet minimum. Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... 1797695198

I would usually say "Come on man" but we got landry jones, who at this point, i'd rather have dennis dixon or timmy tebow over him
Back to top Go down
SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick...   Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 5:13 pm

Don't know if we should sign Vick, but after Ben there is a 'drastic' drop in skill and ability. We need a reliable back-up like asap.

steelcityboyz

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick...   Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 5:54 pm

Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... 1505004552 Vick is past his prime no thanks. Also Being a dog lover, Fuck Mike Vick.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick...   Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 6:39 pm

SteelerEmpire wrote:
Don't know if we should sign Vick, but after Ben there is a 'drastic' drop in skill and ability. We need a reliable back-up like asap.  

Agree especially if gradkowski is banged up. I wanted to give landry jones a chance, and still am, but if he can't show us something this preseason he's almost as good as gone
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick...   Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 7:01 pm

steelcityboyz wrote:
Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... 1505004552 Vick is past his prime no thanks. Also  Being a dog lover, Fuck Mike Vick.
I have 5 dogs who are family. That would be 7 if you count the two oldest i lost this past year.

Animal abuse is disgusting. But Mike Vick did his time. I think he's the best option available if Bruce can't go.

. .
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick...   Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 8:11 pm

Hide the dogs........hide the women......Superbowl!!!!!!

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick...   Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 8:23 am

So, if heaven forbid Ben goes down, who would be the best candidate to keep the season alive?

Gradkowski, Jones, or Vick?

This one is easy.....it's Vick.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick...   Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:37 am

Why not Vick? If he is the best FA QB left...

I'm not sold on Boyd being the guy. And I wonder what really is wrong with Gradkowski.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick...   Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:55 am

If Ben goes down, we're fucked no matter who's our back-up QB.
Vick is probably the best of the rest but he's at the end of his career. If Boyd turned out to be ok in preseason games I would give him a chance. You never know that he might be a long term solution.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick...   Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 11:12 am

I wouldn't mind seeing Vick signed. He's still got some gas in the tank and could prove to be vital to our continued success should Ben go down for any length of time.

I'm certainly not impressed with the ones we have on the roster after Ben.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick...   Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 1:16 pm

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2015-pittsburgh-steelers-training-camp-news-times-schedule-tickets-updates/2015/7/31/9079651/why-the-steelers-should-entertain-the-thought-of-bringing-in-michael

Quote :
ick in 2009 would have been a bad idea. Coming off of a Super Bowl win, Vick's inclusion would have been a major distraction to their quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. Vick was hell bent on starting and the competition would have been possibly counter-productive.

Six years later, the landscape has definitely changed. Rothlisberger is firmly entrenched as the starter and Vick's presence would not be threatening to him. Also, Vick has done a lot of things as penance for his crimes. Vick is trying to rebuild public perception of him by working with pro-animal groups to stop dog fighting. The 35 year-old Vick is selling himself as a changed man and having his experience may be a positive for an NFL team at this point.

So is Mike Vick an option? Should the Steelers think about bringing Vick in?

Steeler Nation may differ on the team taking on Vick. Some just want to win and would not care about his past. But a certain subset of Steeler fans have never forgotten about the dogfighting and would never welcome his presence.

The most pressing question is, would Vick help the Steelers win a 7th Lombardi trophy, or be just another dog-and-pony show (no pun intended...sort of)?

. .
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick...   Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 2:27 pm

I guess I'll weight in with a blog this time...

Around this time last year, I had made a case for signing Josh Freeman as a backup Steelers QB. I had placed some of Freeman’s experience side-by-side with former backups Charlie Batch and Byron Leftwich. Freeman also exhibited some of the same physical attributes as Ben Roethlisberger.

As training camp opened this week, Bruce Gradkowski, entrenched as the number 2, finds himself on the physically unable to perform (or PUP) list, with a bum right shoulder. With the remaining options, Landry Jones and Taj Boyd, looking less than appealing, speculation has begun as to whether the Steelers should scan the waiver wire for a signal caller with more experience.

Enter Michael Vick.

http://www.steelcityunderground.com/2015/07/31/michael-vick-steeler-material/

http://steelcityunderground.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick...   Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick... Empty

Back to top Go down

Should the Steelers sign Mike Vick...
Page 1 of 1