Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)

Go down 
+16
Atlanta Dan
pczach
Wallace108
Steel Peon
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
vasteeler
IowaSteeler927
solardave
WVABE
Dave75th
FrancoLambert
Fire Arians
Hawaii 5-0
ImperialFan
tony hipchest
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) Empty
PostSubject: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 11:33 am

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/09/11/NFL-will-review-Steelers-claim-of-malfunctioning-headsets-during-first-half-of-loss-to-New-England-Patriots*/stories/201509110294

By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The NFL will perform a “thorough review” of the circumstances surrounding the Steelers’ claim that their headsets were disrupted at inopportune times throughout their season-opening 28-21 loss to the Patriots* Thursday night.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin answered questions about the communication issues in his postgame news conference, telling reporters Steelers coaches heard the Patriots* radio broadcast of the game throughout the first half.

When pressed on the matter, he did not go into much detail.

The Steelers did, however, go into much more detail on their web site. Bob Labriola, who writes for Steelers.com, wrote the following about the headset communication:

“This is the kind of stuff that happens to the visiting team in Gillette Stadium all the time. From the start of the game through the opening 14 minutes of the first quarter, the Steelers’ coaches’ headsets were receiving the Patriots* Radio Network broadcast of the game. The broadcast was so loud that the Steelers coaches were unable to communicate, and the NFL rule is that if one team’s headsets are not working the other team is supposed to be forced to take their headsets off. It’s what the NFL calls the Equity Rule. Strangely enough, whenever an NFL representative proceeded to the New England sideline to shut down their headsets, the Steelers headsets cleared. Then as the representative walked away from the New England sideline, the Steelers’ headsets again started to receive the Patriots* game broadcast.”

NFL spokesman Michael Signora said the league will review the complaint.

“Technological and stadium infrastructure issues of this type happen at many stadiums around the league and whenever there are issues of this nature, we do a thorough review,” Signora replied via email.

This is not the first time opposing teams have encountered problems with communication at Gillette Stadium in New England.

continued in link.

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 11:37 am

So it's clear. I do NOT blame the issues with the headsets for why we lost. We missed two FGs, Bey messed up on a sure TD, and the series from the one yardline following Heath's PI call were killers but this is IMO yet another example of why I will continue to despise NE. They just have to continue stunts like this and it's just ridiculous. I am really almost to the point where I want Belichick suspended a whole season so they'll think twice about any shady business but then again given how McDaniels conducted himself as Denver's HC suggest to me it's a cultural thing with this franchise. Anyhow, that said, I am encouraged with how the team played last night mostly on offense but I like some of what I saw on D too.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:16 pm

sure the nfl will "investigate" NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) 798776511

just like the dozens of other times other teams complained and they did jack shit.

rober kraft should be fined and have the entire slew of draft picks removed from next year for failing to maintain adequate playing facilities.

and if the owners wont fire goodell for ignoring countless complaints and getting this shit corrected years ago, they should strongly consider reducing his pay.

. .
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:21 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
sure the nfl will "investigate" NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) 798776511

just like the dozens of other times other teams complained and they did jack shit.

rober kraft should be fined and have the entire slew of draft picks removed from next year for failing to maintain adequate playing facilities.

and if the owners wont fire goodell for ignoring countless complaints and getting this shit corrected years ago, they should strongly consider reducing his pay.
Yeah I don't trust the NFL at all here and I agree about Kraft. I was getting really pissed off watching the game last night especially when the issues with the headsets got brought up. Collinsworth and Michaels actually seemed amused by it and acting like poor Brady did nothing wrong. Even Berman's ruling did not clear Brady of cheating, it just ruled that Goodell acted too harshly in the CBA that the Pats*' owner himself was given credit for passing. I mean the cheating is who these guys are and it's maddening how they continue to do it.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:35 pm

Yo that is some bullshit. The reason the Patriots* are so good at home is because they can cheat better there. Fags.

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:38 pm

Got a notification about a Steelers assistant coach reportedly kicking a Patriots* fan. Not cool if true. Their fans may bs annoying pricks but that's not right.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:40 pm

Seeing it was allegedly our TE coach, James Daniel.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:49 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Got a notification about a Steelers assistant coach reportedly kicking a Patriots** fan. Not cool if true. Their fans may bs annoying pricks but that's not right.

NFL investigating Steelers assistant for allegedly assaulting Patriots* fan

Adam Schefter, NFL

NFL security is investigating Pittsburgh Steelers tight ends coach James Daniel for allegedly assaulting and verbally accosting a New England Patriots* fan on the way to the locker room before halftime Thursday, according to league sources.

A league official confirmed the NFL is aware of the incident and is looking into it. A Steelers spokesman said NFL security has informed them about the incident and the team is also investigating.

The incident in question occurred before and after halftime of the Steelers' 28-21 loss on Thursday night. Daniel, who was on his way to the Steelers locker room, was seen allegedly kicking a Patriots* fan in the back of his leg and yelling at the fan in front of witnesses.

By the time Daniel returned to the coaching booth after halftime, police and NFL security were waiting for him. Once the coach was identified by witnesses, and police approached him about controlling his behavior, Daniel began shouting at the police officer, according to witnesses.

NFL security, which did not witness the exchange with police, interviewed Daniel afterward about the entire incident, according to sources.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13630481/pittsburgh-steelers-assistant-james-daniel-being-investigated-nfl-allegedly-assaulting-Patriots*-fan
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:52 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Got a notification about a Steelers assistant coach reportedly kicking a Patriots*** fan. Not cool if true. Their fans may bs annoying pricks but that's not right.

NFL investigating Steelers assistant for allegedly assaulting Patriots** fan

Adam Schefter, NFL

NFL security is investigating Pittsburgh Steelers tight ends coach James Daniel for allegedly assaulting and verbally accosting a New England Patriots** fan on the way to the locker room before halftime Thursday, according to league sources.

A league official confirmed the NFL is aware of the incident and is looking into it. A Steelers spokesman said NFL security has informed them about the incident and the team is also investigating.

The incident in question occurred before and after halftime of the Steelers' 28-21 loss on Thursday night. Daniel, who was on his way to the Steelers locker room, was seen allegedly kicking a Patriots** fan in the back of his leg and yelling at the fan in front of witnesses.

By the time Daniel returned to the coaching booth after halftime, police and NFL security were waiting for him. Once the coach was identified by witnesses, and police approached him about controlling his behavior, Daniel began shouting at the police officer, according to witnesses.

NFL security, which did not witness the exchange with police, interviewed Daniel afterward about the entire incident, according to sources.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13630481/pittsburgh-steelers-assistant-james-daniel-being-investigated-nfl-allegedly-assaulting-Patriots**-fan

I like it, Show some fire, show some Pizzazz!

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:53 pm

I do want to hear Daniels side of the story but it doesn't look good for him.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:54 pm

One thing is for sure, we do not like these guys and I don't blame them at all.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:55 pm

I do want to hear Daniels side of the story but it doesn't look good for him.

"He be aight" according some an un named steelers player.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:57 pm

Got a notification about a Steelers assistant coach reportedly kicking a Patriots** fan. Not cool if true. Their fans may bs annoying pricks but that's not right.

Depends what the fan did. IMO you don't get in the face of another grown man and not expect to get a thrashing
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:58 pm

Do you think the fan provoked him somehow? I've never heard about Daniel being a hothead or anything like that which is why I want to hear his side. We all know what obnoxious assholes their fans are.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:59 pm

But yeah I want to hear what the fan did that would have had him on a part of the field where Daniel would kick him.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 1:03 pm

Do you think the fan provoked him somehow? I've never heard about Daniel being a hothead or anything like that which is why I want to hear his side. We all know what obnoxious assholes their fans are.

Most likely, people don't just randomly go up to someone, kick and shout at them unless they're provoked lol. On the other hand though, NFL coaches should be used to heckling when they're the visiting team & he probably should have ignored it. Unless the fan touched him first, then its game on, he can claim self defense lol NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) 1797695198
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 1:06 pm

See, that's why I think he may have been touched first. He's a veteran coach and no doubt used to heckling. And you're right, normally someone isn't kicked just like that. But this is yet another headache we will have to go through and hear even more crap about how Tomlin "purposefully" tripped Jones.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 1:52 pm

The NE douchebag fan should consider himself lucky that it wasn't Joey Porter. NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) 3514758605
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 2:02 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
The NE douchebag fan should consider himself lucky that it wasn't Joey Porter.  NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) 3514758605
Ha but really what the hell was a fan doing that close to a coach where a coach could kick him? I've never been to a game so I don't know how close fans get to coaches but I am curious how a fan could be that close to a coach. Seeing now we're not going to file a formal complaint about the headsets. I guess Tomlin wants to let it go and not let it become a distraction so the team can focus on other games.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 4:24 pm

NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) 4rurgx
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 4:38 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) 4rurgx
Hahaha. Well it looks like that saga is over since the Steelers don't appear to want to file a formal complaint. I think that speaks to Tomlin's strength as a leader. I've never seen him make excuses and he is always quick to give credit to the opposition. See how he gave credit to the Ravens in the playoff game last year in a way that Harbaugh never would have to us. Now I understand Harbaugh's reaction but he acts how a fan reacts when they lose to a hated rival not a coach.
Back to top Go down
Dave75th
Banned
Dave75th

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 5:25 pm

What a bunch of cowards. Your team losses and your coach accuses the other team of cheating. The Steelers are going nowhere, cowards never do.
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 6:08 pm

Dave75th wrote:
What a bunch of cowards. Your team losses and your coach accuses the other team of cheating. The Steelers are going nowhere, cowards never do.
And would have the Cheatriot fans have cried the blues if the Steelers brought all 6 Lombardi trophies on to the field.
A piece of shit coach is the definition of coward, Bro.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 6:32 pm

Well they were just cleared. On to the Niners.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 9:30 pm

Dave75th wrote:

Tomlin never accused anyone of cheating. Go fuck yourself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)   NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG) Empty

Back to top Go down

NFL to thoroughly investigate Steelers complaints (PG)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next