Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGame Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)

Go down 
+29
marvology
Steelcitian
solardave
SteelersNorth
JonM229
Rick5895
IowaSteeler927
Steeler-in-west
DesertSteel
BlackAndGold
ImperialFan
Atlanta Dan
OX1947
schillah
Steel Peon
zcoop
SteelerSpartan
Fire Arians
Drizztbob
pczach
Steeler Zach
Craziaskowboi
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
vasteeler
SteelCity4Life
jak341
Lokki
tony hipchest
Wallace108
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
pczach

pczach

Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 12:40 am

A few 7 and 7's and a frustrating night of football has me worn out. Now I have to get up just after 5 AM after watching THAT! Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 2913999526

I'm going to bed. I hope I can get my brain to shut down.

Goodnight everybody!

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 12:42 am

pczach wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
pczach wrote:
My point about giving the ball to Bell on third down, and questioning the play calling is because if Tomlin knew he was going to go for it on fourth down, I'd take my chances with the guy that made plays all night to make a couple yards on two tries. I just don't understand the thought process of not giving the ball to the most productive guy all night, and maybe the best back in the NFL when he knew he would be going for it on fourth down. He was making yards when there was nothing there all night.

similar to the seahawks not throwing it in the superbowl. trying to trick the defense "they wont ever expect us not to hand it to the best back in the league"

The difference is they didn't really try to trick them. They called designed runs with a 35 year old backup quarterback with a history of injury or threw the ball in situations when they knew they were going to go for it on fourth down if they didn't make it. If they knew they were going to take two plays to go two yards, why not give it to Bell. The hardest thing for a quarterback to do is throw the ball in a pressure situation when they haven't thrown the ball very often in the game. Particularly in the second half.

This isn't the end of the world. I don't think Tomlin should be fired or anything ridiculous like that. I think he's a good coach.  I just disagree with the way the handled short yardage situations late in the game.

This was a very tough loss tonight. There is a lot to second guess, but the team was in a tough position. Tomlin did what he thought was right at the time, it just didn't work out.

Tomlin and the Coach had a winning game plan. We simply do not have a kicker. That puts us at a distinct disadvantage.

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 12:44 am

Have the Steelers won like they should have, Levy on Bell would have gotten the game ball

. .
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 12:49 am

Exactly, it was a good game plan our kicker simply sucks horribly at life. and his job

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 1:01 am

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
BlackAndGold wrote:
Bryant is back next game so hopefully the pass attack gets better. Vick still has a cannon of an arm so maybe the coaching staff we'll let him sling it deep.

And you still gotta find more ways to get AB the ball. Stop playing so safe.

Yeah, pretty sure AB ended his 5 for 50 today unless im mistaken. Wasting that talent is criminal.

Antonio Brown ended that streak on his own when he dropped that TD. If he caught it, his streak would have continued. By the way, dropping a TD when your team loses by three in overtime looms very large. Let's not make him out to be a victim of circumstance here.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 1:05 am

tony hipchest wrote:
he's a quarterback isn't he? His job is to throw the ball isn't it? It's not like they're asking him to throw it with his feet

Fortunately. They have a hard enough time KICKING the ball with their feet, much less trying to THROW it with their feet. Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 1505004552

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 1:07 am

Wallace108 wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:
he's a quarterback isn't he? His job is to throw the ball isn't it? It's not like they're asking him to throw it with his feet

Fortunately. They have a hard enough time KICKING the ball with their feet, much less trying to THROW it with their feet. Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 1505004552

And it was that moment, as Coach Tomlin was lurking a steelers fan board, that a truly remarkable season was born.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 1:38 am

tony hipchest wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
i give tomlin the goat....i dont usually do that. that last drive you have to try the field goal Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 2913999526 Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 2913999526 Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 2913999526
you cant. You give Baltimore 15 free yards when he misses.

Ummm.... That'd be 7 yards.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 1:56 am

The goats in this game are obvious, everyone's pretty much unanimous on those.

I want to list the honorable mentions in this game (no game balls)

Allen
Heyward
James Harrison
Timmons
Mitchell
Spence
Cockrell and Blake

and on offense, Bell

These guys played hard and with heart, i'm not going to blame them for Forsetts yards, they were also getting tired because the offense was going three and out in the 2nd half. And it sucks to see that effort go for naught because a kicker can't get out of a slump,

some questionable decisions also, Tomlin made a mistake not going for the kick in OT. He should've thrown Scobee out there with a threat to his health if he didn't make that third kick.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 2:03 am

yes in hind sight. However, at the time I felt more comfortable trying to pick up the 2 yards except I would have handed it to bell. Played to our strengths not our weaknesses.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 2:14 am

Laces out

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 2:20 am

Gameballs:

Defense - They played quite well and gave our team every opportunity to win the game despite being on the field for the majority of the second half. I thought they played very well, in particular the secondary that's been much criticized the past few weeks. They could've done better against the run but they did generate turnovers, and had some crucial sacks as well. It's not their fault that the offense couldn't capitalize, and that Scobee couldn't hit a field goal to save his life.

Goats:

Todd Haley - Playcalling was mediocre at best, and they were much too conservative against a Raven's secondary that's been scorched by everyone they've played against so far this season. Dink and dunk passing wasn't the way to win. They should've tried to stretch the field a little more considering Le'Veon Bell was able to be the first 100 yard rusher this Ravens defense has allowed in 2 whole seasons. With that kind of success running the football there should have been more opportunities down the field. They failed to capitalize, and they cannot be this overly cautious in the future.

The Front Office/Coaching Staff - Josh Scobee shouldn't be on this roster. Week 1 was a huge red flag, Week 2 should've been the nail in his coffin. He cost us the game, and the coaching staff as well as the front office are to blame for letting this scrub hog up a roster spot. At this point, I think anyone out there would be better than Scobee. It's almost comical how bad he is.

Josh Scobee - Fairly obvious one here. You do your job, we win the game. Plain and simple. Instead his inability to do his damn job cost us the game. No excuses here. He's not at NFL kicker anymore at this point, he's washed up, and while he has plenty of leg strength, his accuracy makes him look like he's Stevie Wonder out there trying to kick field goals.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 2:21 am

ImperialFan wrote:
yes in hind sight. However, at the time I felt more comfortable trying to pick up the 2 yards except I would have handed it to bell. Played to our strengths not our weaknesses.

I hear what your saying, but if we can't rely on our kicker in that situation we're screwed. It puts too much pressure on the offense (and Defense) to keep going for it. That guy gets paid to do nothing but kick. they should've thrown his ass out there and made him kick it again
Back to top Go down
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 6:08 am

Lots of folks blaming the coaches for conservative play calling. Remember, Vick had essentially 1 day of practice with the first team before this game, and it showed. The D played a solid game but for the amount of rush yards allowed. Was McClendon hurt, Cam Thomas was out there getting blocked on all those big runs by Forsett. HE IS A GOAT .
I don't blame the coaches going for it 4th and 1 in OT, and Brown was wide open Vick missed the throw. But the fact they can't trust that kicker to make a 41 Yard FG is very telling SCOBEE IS THE MAIN GOAT. In fact the 2 he made were adventures to say the least, barely making it.
Blame the Coaches, Front Office, the water boy, whoever you want, but the loss was squarely on SCOBEE
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 6:11 am

Rick5895 wrote:
Lots of folks blaming the coaches for conservative play calling.  Remember, Vick had essentially 1 day of practice with the first team before this game, and it showed.  The D played a solid game but for the amount of rush yards allowed. Was McClendon hurt, Cam Thomas was out there getting blocked on all those big runs by Forsett.  HE IS  A GOAT .
I don't blame the coaches going for it 4th and 1 in OT, and Brown was wide open Vick missed the throw. But the fact they can't trust that kicker to make a 41 Yard FG is very telling SCOBEE IS THE MAIN GOAT.  In fact the 2 he made were adventures to say the least, barely making it.
Blame the Coaches, Front Office, the water boy, whoever you want, but the loss was squarely on SCOBEE

And who has kept Scobee on this football team allowing him to take up a roster spot?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 6:33 am

Rick5895 wrote:
Lots of folks blaming the coaches for conservative play calling.  Remember, Vick had essentially 1 day of practice with the first team before this game, and it showed.  The D played a solid game but for the amount of rush yards allowed. Was McClendon hurt, Cam Thomas was out there getting blocked on all those big runs by Forsett.  HE IS  A GOAT .
I don't blame the coaches going for it 4th and 1 in OT, and Brown was wide open Vick missed the throw. But the fact they can't trust that kicker to make a 41 Yard FG is very telling SCOBEE IS THE MAIN GOAT.  In fact the 2 he made were adventures to say the least, barely making it.

Of course Scobee sucked.

The fact that several times at the end of the game they put the ball in the hands of Vick, the player you describe accurately above, is the reason why the coaches missed the boat. Instead of handing the ball to their best player all night.....a player that averaged 5.9 yards per rush in the game........many times when they had 3rd and 2 situations and knew they were going to go for it on 4th down.........they put the ball in Michael Vick's hands to win the game..........the one thing they tried to prevent all game with conservative play calling, when the game was on the line. Just as you described above, Vick had 1 day of practice, he hasn't played in a while, they tried to protect him all night.......yet with the game on the line, they did exactly what they shouldn't have done with him in that situation.

It was a mistake not to put the ball in Bell's hands. They didn't even use him as a decoy with play action fakes to Bell. It was very poor offensive play calling.

Back to top Go down
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 6:37 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Rick5895 wrote:

And who has kept Scobee on this football team allowing him to take up a roster spot?

If they don't attempt to find another kicker, now, then coaches take some of the blame if this continues.

Fans are always criticizing and blaming coaches, Arians, Lebeau, Butler, Tomlin, Cowher, Haley etc fact is the players need to execute. Whether it be kicking a FG, not overthrowing the ball, dropping TD in endzone, stopping the run. IF Vick hits Brown on 4th and 1 and we win, the coaches are geniuses, Vick overthrows and the coaches suck (according to all the arm chair coaches and GM's)

I think part of the reason Scobee is still on the roster is there just isn't enough decent kickers in waiver land to pick up. I'm sure they will be searching now. TBH i wold be looking to bring in Shayne Graham, he has kicked in poor weather and has kicked in the AFC North.
Back to top Go down
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 6:49 am

pczach wrote:
Rick5895 wrote:

Of course Scobee sucked.

The fact that several times at the end of the game they put the ball in the hands of Vick, the player you describe accurately above, is the reason why the coaches missed the boat. Instead of handing the ball to their best player all night.....a player that averaged 5.9 yards per rush in the game........many times when they had 3rd and 2 situations and knew they were going to go for it on 4th down.........they put the ball in Michael Vick's hands to win the game..........the one thing they tried to prevent all game with conservative play calling, when the game was on the line. Just as you described above, Vick had 1 day of practice, he hasn't played in a while, they tried to protect him all night.......yet with the game on the line, they did exactly what they shouldn't have done with him in that situation.

It was a mistake not to put the ball in Bell's hands. They didn't even use him as a decoy with play action fakes to Bell. It was very poor offensive play calling.

Sure they should have put the ball in Bells hands, or ran play action. No matter what they do as coaches we blame them. The point I'm trying to make is the players still have to execute. So they give the ball to Bell, and he is doesn't make a yard against a stacked D (like the Rats had)then all the armchair coaches are saying "why didn't they throw to Brown, or Heath or Bell out of the backfield". It goes on and on, Steelers lost and it sucks but it is always the same on losses, Fans always blame the coaches.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 7:11 am

I honestly feel like I need blood pressure medication after watching that game.

I'm convinced that Ravens - Steelers games have taken years off of my life.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 7:29 am

Some people might give me shit but one of my goats was AB.
why? the dropped TD in the endzone right in his hands.
the 2nd being his sideline catch which I think was a first down easily (and gained a total of between 15-20 yards) when he stepped on the chalk.
Both catches are routine for him and I personally couldn't believe he missed both.

All the other GOATS are bang on.

My gameball goes to Bell.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 8:07 am

Bring back Jeff Reed. There is no way he doesn't make one of those kicks. He could probably kick a hand blower 40 yards for the win.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 8:08 am

OX1947 wrote:
Can't blame anyone but the players who couldn't execute their job. Tomlin is not to play. He got screwed by his kicker and Vick screwed him by not passing the ball where it needed to be.

What game did you watch? Ultra conservative play calling. Letting your senior 37 yo backup QB attempt to pick up first downs. Sure you have the all time WORST KICKER EVER but in overtime you still go for the win and by that I mean let the SOB half way redeem himself by KICKING the damn field goal.

Gameball: Bell
1/2 Gameball: DHB and Cockrell ( he got burned for the TD but he did make 2 good plays)

Goats: Vick. How long in this league and you still don't know how to get rid of the ball to not take a sack. Bad throws and poor timing.
O-line for putting him in this postion.
AB for not catching that pass in the endzone.
Tomlin for not trying the FG in overtime and Haley for not letting Vick open it up.
Scobee deserves his own category. I was getting tired of hearing how good this looooooser was in J-ville.
I bet they laughed all the way to the bank.

I've been watching this team for 43 years now and can't remember having a kicker this bad. If we had a legitimate kicker we could be at least 3-1 and possibly 4-0.
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 8:31 am

JonM229 wrote:
I honestly feel like I need blood pressure medication after watching that game.

I'm convinced that Ravens - Steelers games have taken years off of my life.
Took off quite a few years-what a dissapointment
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 8:41 am

You give an team that many chances to win and they are going to win. Let the Ratbirds gloat all they want-I wouldn't get excited too much over that win.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 9:02 am

solardave wrote:

I've been watching this team for 43 years now and can't remember having a kicker this bad. If we had a legitimate kicker we could be at least 3-1 and possibly 4-0.

Maybe you have repressed your memories of Kris Brown?

The reputation of Heinz Field as a tough place to kick got its start with this 2001 performance by Brown against the Ravens in a 13-10 loss.

Three times, Brown's field-goal attempts sailed right of the uprights on the open, south end of Heinz Field, the last one from just 35 yards away with eight seconds left that would have sent the game into overtime....

Brown made his first, from 38 yards, then missed from 41, had one tipped away from 33 and missed two others of 48 and 35.

http://old.post-gazette.com/Steelers/20011105steele1105p2.asp

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)   Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Balls & Goats (Steelers vs. Ravens)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next