Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homehad vick not been injured... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

had vick not been injured...

Go down 
+24
Lokki
Chaotic Zen
zcoop
steelcityboyz
Atlanta Dan
SteelerFreak58
Vis
Hawaii 5-0
Steelcitian
tony hipchest
SteelCityUnderground
DesertSteel
Stella Nation
lotas
HeinzMustard
SoCalFan
SteelersYak
SteelersNorth
FrancoLambert
solardave
El-Gonzo Jackson
OX1947
Fire Arians
Master_Of_Puppets
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

had vick not been injured... Empty
PostSubject: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 10:24 pm

i don't think tomlin woulda pulled vick. 3 completions , a couple should have been INT's , and 6 passing yards into the 3rd quarter
and he's still in the game ? had vick not been injured... 1505004552
tomlin woulda rode vick all the way to the L column ...i have no doubt... had vick not been injured... 131212936
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 10:26 pm

Who knows maybe Vick plays his ass of in the 4th quarter like last game :P
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 10:27 pm

who knows..maybe it wouldn't have come down to the last play of the game to pull a win out of their ass ... had vick not been injured... 2087824411
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 10:44 pm

Little unfair to blame the coaches for the decision on Vick, Vick was still making plays with his legs. Jones has had 3 years in this system. He never had a chance to play and it helped to have Bryant in there. Coaching staff is doing great considering they have been playing good teams with their 3rd and 4th quarterbacks and back up offenisve lineman and half the defense being injured.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 10:55 pm

Fire Arians wrote:

Vick didn't play his ass off in the 4th last week. He completed one 72YD underthrown pass that Ben drew up on the sideline for a TD and scrambled for 24YDS at the end of the game.

Blake's pick 6 and Wheaton's TD were the only majors until Bell scored on the final play of the game. Vick is still a better athlete than a passer at age 35.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 2:06 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

Vick didn't play his ass off in the 4th last week.  He completed one 72YD underthrown pass that Ben drew up on the sideline for a TD and scrambled for 24YDS at the end of the game.  

Blake's pick 6 and Wheaton's TD were the only majors until Bell scored on the final play of the game.  Vick is still a better athlete than a passer at age 35.
you forgot the pass that he ALMOST , was able to throw over beys head on 3rd and long . bey had to do a 36 inch vertical leap to pull that one down...but hey ...vick pulled it out .. had vick not been injured... 184121345
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 3:08 am

Fire Arians wrote:

The question is: can anyone's blood pressure stand the wait? I know mine can't. IMHO his hammy was a blessing in disguise. Last week was the only game that he's played where he showed a little life. I say if Ben's not ready for KC we ride Landry Jones because right now he seems to be the hot hand.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 6:09 am

As Deebo said, the Michael Vick experience is over. He still has some legs, but no arm.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 7:29 am

The only time Vick had an arm was in 2010 with Philly.

The issue with Vick I noticed is that he was afraid to even try a pass down field and would literally wait until the route was finished before he threw the ball.
I think the first incomplete pass that Jones had he threw the ball LONG before the route was finished (great d play) but point being is that when the receiver turns the ball should be in his hands.
With Vick you can have a cup of tea before the ball even leaves his hand, its tough to watch.

But does this mean we go with Jones instead of Ben the rest of the season like in '04 when Cowher canned Tommy ball? lol

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 8:09 am

We don't know what would have happened if Vick wouldn't have been injured but we do know what did happen because Laundry Jones (he earned that nickname for cleaning up the mess that Vick had left him) played very well. This team continues to impress me.

Seems like the biggest mistake they have made to date with a starter wasn't Vick; it was Scoobee.

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 8:27 am

Was a blessing in disguise when Vick went down. Sorry Vick, sad for you but true!

-entire locker room...

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 8:41 am

Where are all the Landry Jones haters now?
Back to top Go down
lotas

lotas

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 8:54 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i don't think tomlin woulda pulled vick.  3 completions , a couple should have been INT's , and 6 passing yards into the 3rd quarter
and he's still in the game ?  had vick not been injured... 1505004552
tomlin woulda rode vick all the way to the L column ...i have no doubt... had vick not been injured... 131212936
You're right.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/10/19/steelers-mike-vick-landry-jones-mike-tomlin-cardinals-week-6/

"Mike Tomlin says Mike Vick wouldn't have been benched"
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 10:55 am

I hope I never have to watch a game again with Vick as a Steeler.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 11:37 am

Worse yet... if Ben isn't ready for KC and Tomlin starts Vick, I will completely lose it and question Tomlin's sanity.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 11:39 am

HeinzMustard wrote:
Yeah... I've been saying since they drafted him that he needs to be starting over Ben!
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 1:59 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
HeinzMustard wrote:
Yeah... I've been saying since they drafted him that he needs to be starting over Ben!

I defended this kid this year and caught a lot of heat for it. I feel vindicated after those 4 scoring drives and some semblance of the offense Ben runs... though my tune has completely changed on Dri Archer lol.

http://steelcityunderground.com
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 2:04 pm

Well if nothing else, this one win makes the 4th round pick for him justifiable, even if he never does another thing.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 2:29 pm

Landry earned his hypocloids yesterday and made some big boy throws.

I mean he was picking on Patrick Peterson and making back shoulder throws. Plus he was throwing the receivers open, something that has shown to be incapable of doing.

I think he is the number two quarterback for the rest of the year and going into next season.

. .

Last edited by tony hipchest on Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 2:30 pm

The only downside on Landry Jones is if he takes a sack too hard, he might not get back up.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 3:08 pm

Vick has “tiny tear” in hamstring, expects to be out this week

Posted by Josh Alper on October 19, 2015

had vick not been injured... 493263968-e1445278704326

Ben Roethlisberger thinks he may be able to return to the lineup for the Steelers this week, but the same may not be true of the man who has started the last three weeks while Roethlisberger recovers from his knee injury.

Mike Vick left Sunday’s victory over the Cardinals with a hamstring injury and had tests done after the game to assess the extent of the injury. He showed pictures from those tests to Aditi Kinkhabwala of NFL Media, who reports that there’s a “tiny tear” visible.

Vick said that he will test the hamstring in a couple of days, but that his best guess is that he will be unable to play for at least a week as a result of the injury.

If Roethlisberger isn’t able to return to face the Chiefs, there’s a chance the Steelers would look in a different direction if Vick is given a clean bill of health. Landry Jones was 8-of-12 for 168 yards and two touchdowns to Martavis Bryant after replacing Vick in the lineup, giving the team the best production they’ve had through the air since Roethlisberger’s injury. Even crediting Bryant with much of the work on his 88-yard score, that would be hard for the Steelers to ignore if they’re making a call on a backup again this week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/19/vick-has-tiny-tear-in-hamstring-expects-to-be-out-this-week/
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 4:12 pm

If Vick and Ben are both out, we need to sign a QB to dress behind Jones.

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 4:29 pm

Vick should never have had the job over Jones. Vick to his crdit did great coming in with only 2 preseason games left and taking over for Ben. It's pretty obvious Jones has a much better comfort level and knowledge of the system how it eluded our coaches is beyond me. If this would have been the kids first year I might have agreed but I thought Jones has consistently gotten a bad wrap from the beginning. He is in his third year in the system and it obviously showed when he came in. Maybe he is not a #1 type of guy but he has a pedigree of knowing how to win when he is surrounded with quality players.

I am really happy for him I hope he can continue elevating his skills and play it will only help,this organization and that is what matters.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 4:59 pm

i can't wrap my head around keeping a guy on the roster for 3 years that can't show enough to the coaches to move up to the number 2 spot. especially a guy you felt was good enough to pick in the 4th round. if you're that unsure about the guy that, not once, but twice, you went out and found a number two , then why did keep him on the roster ?
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 5:03 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i can't wrap my head around keeping a guy on the roster for 3 years that can't show enough to the coaches to move up to the number 2 spot.  especially a guy you felt was good enough to pick in the 4th round.  if you're that unsure about the guy that, not once, but twice, you went out and found a number two , then why did keep him on the roster ?

I think it's one of those "slip through the cracks" things. Jones was unimpressive in preseason his first 2 seasons, so much so, I had a pitchfork in one hand and wanted him gone too... but this year, he got a ton of time and looked very much improved.

Still, when Bruce went down, this FO loves having 3 QBs and we knew Vick was pretty much a lock to get signed. You're not going to justify playing someone who has never taken a snap over a guy that's been in the league since 2001.

Even if Tomlin thought of it, I'm sure the memory of Dennis Dixon played into his decision, when he put Dixon over Batch years ago in Ben's absence.

http://steelcityunderground.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: had vick not been injured...   had vick not been injured... Empty

Back to top Go down

had vick not been injured...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next