Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBoats and Goats Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Boats and Goats

Go down 
+20
Drizztbob
HeinzMustard
Hawaii 5-0
Steeler-in-west
tony hipchest
SteelersYak
Rick5895
El-Gonzo Jackson
Steel Peon
Wallace108
solardave
SteelerSpartan
pczach
Atlanta Dan
DesertSteel
lotas
SteelCity4Life
Fire Arians
MostHateD
ImperialFan
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 3:59 pm

I give a boat to Leveon Bell

I give a Goat to Landry Jones and Tomlin

Last edited by ImperialFan on Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MostHateD
Xtreme Newb

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 4:00 pm

Jones wasn't the problem today.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 4:02 pm

Game Ball: Le'Veon Bell
Goats: EVERYONE ELSE

Nobody except Bell gets a free pass for this game, it was an overall team loss. Offense stunk, and our Defense got manhandled all afternoon. They couldn't stop the chiefs from scoring when we needed it the most.

We just flat out got beat and lost, this was on the team as a whole.
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 4:04 pm

We have Martavis Bryant, Le'Veon Bell, Antonio Brown, Heath Miller, etc. And score 13 points on the CHEIFS? Boats and Goats 2913999526

Landry would've done bad no matter what because Villanoname and co. can't protect the QB. Ben getting hurt was no mystery.

Also, Tomlin and Haley are the goats. With a mention of Butler's defense for letting the 30th ranked red zone offense score 23 damn points.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Boats and Goats 1505004552
Back to top Go down
lotas

lotas

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 4:12 pm

Team loss, coaching staff included. We got outplayed, plain and simple. They made more splash plays than we did, and they picked up the momentum in the 4th to really run away with the game.

I think Tuitt's absence was felt, as our pressure on Smith was essentially non-existent. He did have a good flow getting the ball out, but there were plenty of times he had all day to throw.

Shazier didn't have much of an impact, but hell he hasn't played for a damn month.

Props to the Chiefs for really showing up and wanting it more.

DesertSteel

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 4:12 pm

MostHateD wrote:

I didn't get to watch the game, but how's a guy with 3 turnovers not the problem??
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 4:16 pm

One INT was on Briwn bobbling a pass into the safety's hands

The fumble was the LT getting beaten badly on the rush

Only the end of first half INT was on Jones
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 4:16 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
MostHateD wrote:

I didn't get to watch the game, but how's a guy with 3 turnovers not the problem??

I'm kinda on board with this. He kept forcing passes it seemed like.

The offense as a whole wasn't good and Haley's lack of mixing the plays up made them predictable.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Boats and Goats 1505004552
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 4:18 pm

Bell was awesome. Game ball for him.

It's tough naming goats considering the injuries, but.....

The defense allowed a backup running back to go over 100 yards and control the clock. They also allowed the Chiefs to score nearly every time they had the ball in the second half with no Charles or Maclin. They missed more tackles in this game than in the last 4 games combined.

Again, some strange play calling. Going a quarter and a half without calling a pass play is just wrong. I don't want to hear that play calling is just an excuse for not executing. They were executing, particularly in the run game. Especially when you have an effective ground game to go play action off of. I just don't get it sometimes. Jones knows the offense. At other times during the game they had him throwing on every down and abandoning the running game at the start of the second half.

Andy Reid had a great game plan today without many offensive weapons. They kept our defense off balance with running and passing, and they did enough to win.

SteelerSpartan

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 4:19 pm

i seriously think with Tuitt out and having to play Cam Thomas that much....cost the defense 10 points.

There's such a huge drop off. tHis is the worst DLine performance since Playing the cheaters.

we aren't going to beat many good teams with that type of pass rush. Got to get Tuitt back in there.

That missed finish tackle by j.jones in the 2nd was pathetic.

About the offense,With the homer glasses off...this was a predictable performance from them. The Chiefs had a week to prepare for jones and made him look like the 3rd string QB he is.

That Said, Williams dropping that early 3rd down catch in the Chiefs redzone was huge....major goat there for D-Williams.

And I know Tomlin and this coaching staff have way more excuses for losing this one.....but here we are again with another loss to a sub.500 team.

Winning last week takes the sting off this one....but we are far from being out the woods yet
Let's hope Ben is back next week and the offense is lighting some suckers up.

Last edited by SteelerSpartan on Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 4:25 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
MostHateD wrote:

#1 was his fault
#2 was on AB (if you're not gonna make the catch don't tip it to the defense) which earns him a goat in my opinion.
#3 was lack of protection. He got hit trying to make the throw. Not his fault.

Game ball: Bell and Mike Mitchell for hitting hard all day.
Goats; Tomlin for not letting our 7-7 kicker kick a Damn field goal.
Williams for dropping a pass that hit him in the hands and at the very least would have been first and goal.
The defense for bending but not braking until the fourth quarter melt down.
The Oline for not giving Jones enough time in the pocket when it mattered.

For anyone who actually thinks Vick would have done better I would say: C'MON MAN!
This was a team loss but once again we PLAYED DOWN TO THE LEVEL OF OUR COMPETITION!!!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 4:34 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
MostHateD wrote:

Only the first INT was his fault. He can't be blamed for the second INT and fumble.

I'm sure a lot of fans are going to come down hard on Jones, but we need to keep things in perspective. Although he didn't light it up today, he didn't play horribly considering it was only his second game and first start. I'd blame some of the play calling more than Jones. If we're looking to blame someone for this loss, I'd focus on the defense.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 4:38 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:
MostHateD wrote:

Only the first INT was his fault. He can't be blamed for the second INT and fumble.

Actually he could be blamed for the fumble. Ben would most likely have felt the pressure and took the sack. Landry Jones though, doesn't have the pocket presence Ben has.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 4:49 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:
MostHateD wrote:

Actually he could be blamed for the fumble. Ben would most likely have felt the pressure and took the sack. Landry Jones though, doesn't have the pocket presence Ben has.

It was a quick pass. Villanueva whiffed on the block and Jones got hit almost immediately. He never saw the hit coming. Ben is hard to bring down, but he doesn't have eyes in the back of his head. How many times have we seen Ben fumble?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 5:42 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
I'd blame some of the play calling more than Jones.

I'm all for giving a goat to Haley, who I also think was responsible for the 2 burned TOs in the 2nd half, by taking forever to get the next play in.

El-Gonzo Jackson

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:
MostHateD wrote:

It was a quick pass. Villanueva whiffed on the block and Jones got hit almost immediately. He never saw the hit coming. Ben is hard to bring down, but he doesn't have eyes in the back of his head. How many times have we seen Ben fumble?

Exactly!! Jones couldn't even get to the top of his drop and plant his back foot on the sack/fumble. If anybody is blaming this loss on Jones, they are jaded by something against Landry Jones.

The offense scored a TD and FG to get the game back within one score and the defense let Alex Smith drive down the field like Joe Montana in his prime. Cant put it on your 3rd string QB in his first start to engineer 2 scores in 3 minutes to win the game. Mitchell needs to be giving help over the top to Timmons in covering Kelce for that long gain. Antowan Blake cant let receivers run a 12 yard out and still be 7 yards away from the WR.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 6:23 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:
MostHateD wrote:

Exactly!!  Jones couldn't even get to the top of his drop and plant his back foot on the sack/fumble.  If anybody is blaming this loss on Jones, they are jaded by something against Landry Jones.

The offense scored a TD and FG to get the game back within one score and the defense let Alex Smith drive down the field like Joe Montana in his prime.  Cant put it on your 3rd string QB in his first start to engineer 2 scores in 3 minutes to win the game.  Mitchell needs to be giving help over the top to Timmons in covering Kelce for that long gain.  Antowan Blake cant let receivers run a 12 yard out and still be 7 yards away from the WR.  

thats why we got boykin

Xtreme Newb

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 6:26 pm

A few thoughts on goats for the game.  A.Blake can not cover, he's a big hitter, but man, he sure gets beat a lot.  I sure didn't like the defensive scheme with some soft coverage and letting Travis kelce run free in the secondary.  Playing zone against a dink and dunk west coast offense is a recipe for disaster, so goat to Butler on that.
The majority of the D for the frequent missed tackles, just awful.
I'm going to say this, and Im sure will be criticized, but Tomlin is NOT at fault.  he 4th and 1 we made, no one is complaining, the 4th and 1 we got stuffed, everyone is complaining.  Should've kicked the 51 yard field goal, Shoulda woulda coulda.  I like the call.  Shows guts, he's playing to win.  We make that , who knows what happens.  I can think of two plays that were more responsible than coaching for this loss.  D.Williams dropping that easy third down pass in the red zone and Antonio bobbling the ball into a safeties hands.  
We lost a game with our 3rd string QB, 2nd string LT making his first start, missing a starting DE (Tuiit)having a pro bowl season.  Missing our starting safety (W.Allen)  To me this loss was predictable, KC has a tremendous D, and we have a HUGE game next week vs Bungles.  The letdown was predictable.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 7:28 pm

solardave wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:
MostHateD wrote:

#1 was his fault
#2 was on AB (if you're not gonna make the catch don't tip it to the defense) which earns him a goat in my opinion.
#3 was lack of protection. He got hit trying to make the throw. Not his fault.

Game ball: Bell and Mike Mitchell for hitting hard all day.
Goats; Tomlin for not letting our 7-7 kicker kick a Damn field goal.
Williams for dropping a pass that hit him in the hands and at the very least would have been first and goal.
The defense for bending but not braking until the fourth quarter melt down.
The Oline for not giving Jones enough time in the pocket when it mattered.

For anyone who actually thinks Vick would have done better I would say: C'MON MAN!
This was a team loss but once again we PLAYED DOWN TO THE LEVEL OF OUR COMPETITION!!!

I highly doubt that anyone thinks Vick could've done better. We aren't delusional.

We just need Ben back under center. And top address the backup position in the offseason.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 8:05 pm

I realized why landry sucks today, he puts way to much air under all his balls, theyre all pop flys!

El-Gonzo Jackson

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 8:07 pm

ImperialFan wrote:

thats why we got boykin

Yup, I thought so too. I don't know why Boykin cant push Blake to the 4th CB spot. Blake must have photos of somebody with Pete Prisico's horse...as there is no way he is better than Boykin.

I think Cockrell, Boykin, Gay should be the top 3 CB's getting time....but Steelers still pretty poor at safety. At least all those #1 picks in the LB group are dominating. Boats and Goats 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 8:58 pm

Steel Peon wrote:
I'm all for giving a goat to Haley, who I also think was responsible for the 2 burned TOs in the 2nd half, by taking forever to get the next play in.

As I mentioned in another thread, the play calling felt schizophrenic to me. They started the game leaning heavily on Jones. Then they went heavy on Bell. Then they went back to Jones to try to win the game. At various points in the game, it seemed like there was a clear focus on either run or pass. To me, there didn't seem to be any balance in the play calling. I've had too many beers today to explain what I'm thinking, but the play calling seemed odd.

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Exactly!! Jones couldn't even get to the top of his drop and plant his back foot on the sack/fumble. If anybody is blaming this loss on Jones, they are jaded by something against Landry Jones.

The offense scored a TD and FG to get the game back within one score and the defense let Alex Smith drive down the field like Joe Montana in his prime. Cant put it on your 3rd string QB in his first start to engineer 2 scores in 3 minutes to win the game. Mitchell needs to be giving help over the top to Timmons in covering Kelce for that long gain. Antowan Blake cant let receivers run a 12 yard out and still be 7 yards away from the WR.

Amen! We need to keep things in perspective. Jones was making his first start and playing in only his second NFL game. All things considered, I thought he played a solid game today. He played with the poise and confidence of a veteran QB, and as he gains more experience, I think he has the potential to be a solid backup, if not a starter in the NFL. One thing is for certain ... Tomlin and Haley have a lot more faith in Jones to run the offense than they had in Vick. It's too bad Jones didn't get any help from the defense today.

Rick5895 wrote:
I can think of two plays that were more responsible than coaching for this loss. D.Williams dropping that easy third down pass in the red zone and Antonio bobbling the ball into a safeties hands.

Yep. You can't expect your third-string QB playing in only his second game to go out and win the game for you. He needs some help. And he didn't get it today.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 11:09 pm

Laundry threw a lot of good balls today. The one that Bryant dropped early and the one Williams dropped hurt. Absolute dime to Bryant for the TD (Bryant should have made a cleaner catch). Laundry managed the game well enough to not earn a goat.

The defense was the goat. The KC receivers had time to make smores while they waited for the ball to come to them with how open they were. And how bad is it we let a team that gives up tons of sacks block us with no issue?

Wallace108

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 11:57 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
And how bad is it we let a team that gives up tons of sacks block us with no issue?

Good point.

Poor pass rush + poor secondary play = poor defense.
Poor defense + offensive mistakes + solid but unheroic play by third-string QB = loss.

Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 11:58 pm

No heroes, no zeros. i don't know about this boat stuff but the Steelers need one because they are up the creek without a paddle with all these injuries that keep happening every week.

Mike Tomlin needs to start playing a bit more conventional and take the easy points when they present themselves. Being cute and the riverboat gambler is wearing thin and is.
becoming all too predictable.

The two-point conversion last week was a fail, and going for it on 4th and 1 when there was an easy field goal to make this week was a bad move.

Hopefully all this gambling is just a product of ben and half of the rest of our team being out for the past 4 weeks.

. .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boats and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boats and Goats   Boats and Goats Empty

Back to top Go down

Boats and Goats
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next