Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGoats all around Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Goats all around

Go down 
+17
pczach
SteelerFreak58
El-Gonzo Jackson
Rick5895
Fire Arians
BlackAndGold
marvology
Wallace108
FanSince72
Steel Peon
jak341
SoCalFan
SteelerSpartan
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Stryker
Shalieve5090
solardave
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:26 pm

To quote John Mckay the late coach of the Tampa Bay Bucs: "We couldn't throw-we couldn't catch-but we made up for it by not tackling!"

I think every player involved in this game for us on offense and defense (with the exception of Heath because he wasn't used nearly enough) should forfit their game check. That goes for every coach as well. What a shit game plan. Add to it absolutely no execution on either side of the ball. Any more Bryant is more concerned with getting a PI call then actually catching the damn ball. Goats all around 2913999526

Even if we pulled this out of our asses today and managed a win in Cleveland we'd be one and done playing like this in the playoffs.

I do have a question. If we win next week and Buffalo beats the Jets do we sneak in.Us, you know: the team no one wants to face right now.Goats all around 611739232

Now we go scout DBs for our #1 next year.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:28 pm

solardave wrote:
To quote John Mckay the late coach of the Tampa Bay Bucs: "We couldn't throw-we couldn't catch-but we made up for it by not tackling!"

I think every player involved in this game for us on offense and defense (with the exception of Heath because he wasn't used nearly enough) should forfit their game check. That goes for every coach as well. What a shit game plan. Add to it absolutely no execution on either side of the ball. Any more Bryant is more concerned with getting a PI call then actually catching the damn ball. Goats all around 2913999526

Even if we pulled this out of our asses today and managed a win in Cleveland we'd be one and done playing like this in the playoffs.

I do have a question. If we win next week and Buffalo beats the Jets do we sneak in.Us, you know: the team no  one wants to face right now.Goats all around 611739232

Now we go scout DBs for our #1 next year.

Yes if we win next week and the Jets lose we get in. We have a better record against like opponents
Back to top Go down
Stryker

Stryker

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:29 pm

Why bother? We are going to get embarrassed in the first round. This team will never have any discipline or consistency against shit teams as long as Tomlin coaches.

"It was time to go to the mattresses if you will" - Mike Tomlin

The worst tragedy in the world is running out of a pack of Luckies
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:30 pm

No playoffs guys. And IF so, no playoff wins. The 2016 Draft thread in the FO portion of these forums needs some more activity. We need to be talking which OLB we will be drafted with our first pick.
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:31 pm

wtf was going on during the week....they looked utterly baffled that they might have to throw the ball today.....they come out an ran the ball so much tthat it looked like Ben didnt want do any work today.

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:35 pm

SteelerSpartan wrote:
wtf was going on during the week....they looked utterly baffled that they might have to throw the ball today.....they come out an ran the ball so much  tthat it looked like Ben didnt want do any work today.

Ben doesn't study film like a real leader. Also he's fat.

Ryan Mallet is on HGH.

Antwong Blame singlehandedly lost us the game.

I'm getting drunk, watching college tape on Cornerbacks, and playing Madden.

Where The Steelers always make the playoffs Goats all around 469886443
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:37 pm

This coaching staff seriously played right into the hands of that jackass harbaugh. Yea, they have a super weak secondary so lets run it down their throats in the 1st half...Kick the damn field goal on that 4th down, this is the gawd damn ravens where every point counts and on and on and on... Goats all around 2913999526

jak341

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:37 pm

I didn't watch, but it sounds like your typical loss.

Turnovers on O, D can't stop anything, and piss poor game planning.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:40 pm

I think maybe theres a way we can get in over Denver too, because if KC ends up taking that division and Denver continues losing I think us and the Jets could both get in. But I'm really hoping Buffalo beats the Jets next week
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:41 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
No playoffs guys. And IF so, no playoff wins. The 2016 Draft thread in the FO portion of these forums needs some more activity. We need to be talking which OLB we will be drafted with our first pick.
Ben doesn't study film like a real leader. Also he's fat.

Ryan Mallet is on HGH.

Antwong Blame singlehandedly lost us the game.

I'm getting drunk, watching college tape on Cornerbacks, and playing Madden.

Where The Steelers always make the playoffs Goats all around 469886443
Goats all around 3562723908

Last edited by Steel Peon on Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:41 pm

jak341 wrote:

Well I'll be damned... that's EXACTLY what happened!

Either you're psychic or this team is as predictable as a sunrise.

Wallace108

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:42 pm

Earlier in the week, one of my co-workers, who is a Colts fan, said: "Well, this should be an easy win for the Steelers." My response was: "Never underestimate the Steelers' ability to play down to the level of the competition."

In reality, we didn't play down to the level of the competition today as much as the Ravens played up to the level of their competition. Watching the game, it felt like the Ravens were playing like the team with the playoffs on the line, and we were like, "Meh, whatever." If this was a meaningless game, I could understand this kind of performance. But with so much on the line, I don't get it. We were outplayed and outcoached. I hate to say it, and I could be wrong of course, but after rising up to beat the Bengals and Broncos, I think it's possible that the Steelers looked past the Ravens and were already thinking about the playoffs.

I can't remember the last time I was this disappointed in a loss. Quite honestly, I'm not even angry ... just disappointed. As Dave said in the first post ... Goats to everyone.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
jak341

jak341

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:42 pm

Buffalo could win. They are going to play hard for Rex (which rumor has it is on the hot seat already) and the game is in Buffalo. This game for the Jets is the same as this week for us. Let's see if the Jets play down to Buffalo.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:43 pm

No playoffs guys. And IF so, no playoff wins. The 2016 Draft thread in the FO portion of these forums needs some more activity. We need to be talking which OLB Goats all around 1072540953 we will be drafted with our first pick.

There I fixed it for you. Please tell me you were being sarcastic. I'm afraid Tomlin reads this forum and will think it's a good idea. Goats all around 2605341373

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:44 pm

jak341 wrote:
Buffalo could win. They are going to play hard for Rex (which rumor has it is on the hot seat already) and the game is in Buffalo. This game for the Jets is the same as this week for us. Let's see if the Jets play down to Buffalo.

Absolutley. Like I said I think Rex would love to spoil his old teams chances. Buffalo already beat them in New York. So lets hope
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:44 pm

FanSince72 wrote:
jak341 wrote:

Well I'll be damned... that's EXACTLY what happened!

Either you're psychic or this team is as predictable as a sunrise.

Let me correct myself, I heard bits and pieces on the radio as I was chauffeuring my parents around shopping. I did stream the final 2 minutes on my phone to see the ending.

As for the X's and O's, didn't hear what happened. Will have to listen to the media shows during the week for the breakdowns.
Back to top Go down
marvology
Xtreme Newb
marvology

Goats all around Empty

* Shazier has been a woeful disappointment in coverage. I was expecting him to be our TE/RB killer.
* Ben takes the blame for this loss. The Ravens schemed to defend the deep pass while giving up the running game and short passes. Ben threw lots of terrible passes to the WRs while underneath routes were wide open. Someone must have gotten on him about it at halftime. Still threw a bad pass to AB in the endzone on that INT.
* Blake still having issues tackling.
* Yet again, we make a mediocre QB look like a hall-of-famer. Any time I see a scrub backup QB starting, I start worrying.

Defense held them to 20 though and that's my "you-did-your-job" cutoff. Offense has to match that.

http://www.marvbook.com
jak341

jak341

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:46 pm

marvology wrote:

* Yet again, we make a mediocre QB look like a hall-of-famer.  Any time I see a scrub backup QB starting, I start worrying.

It's this point which is baffling. I don't get it. It's not just this year. This B.S. has gone on for years now.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:47 pm

Another 1st round LB coming up...smfh.

solardave

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:48 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Earlier in the week, one of my co-workers, who is a Colts fan, said: "Well, this should be an easy win for the Steelers." My response was: "Never underestimate the Steelers' ability to play down to the level of the competition."

In reality, we didn't play down to the level of the competition today as much as the Ravens played up to the level of their competition. Watching the game, it felt like the Ravens were playing like the team with the playoffs on the line, and we were like, "Meh, whatever." If this was a meaningless game, I could understand this kind of performance. But with so much on the line, I don't get it. We were outplayed and outcoached. I hate to say it, and I could be wrong of course, but after rising up to beat the Bengals and Broncos, I think it's possible that the Steelers looked past the Ravens and were already thinking about the playoffs.

I can't remember the last time I was this disappointed in a loss. Quite honestly, I'm not even angry ... just disappointed. As Dave said in the first post ... Goats to everyone.

I know Tomlin says all the right things to the press but I have to question what he's telling these guys in the locker room. I'll say this. If we don't draft a legitimate DB or Safety in the first round I'll be saying we need a new coach and GM. Moats and Farrior are and were about as good as any LBs we've drafted ( I know it's too early to judge Dupree but he looked lost out there today) as of late and neither one broke the bank.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:52 pm

Goat = Tomlin. I haven't seen such a lack of preparation in forever. There was no sense of urgency or fire in the team whatsoever. It's like they came in expecting to win. Well when that happens you see the classic Steeler way of playing down to opponents. With 19 of their players on IR and a QB they signed of the street, &a healthy Steeler team, this loss is downright inexcusable.

Fuck rooting for buffalo next week, I want this team to remember what happened today and pay the price for it. We don't deserve a wildcard if we can't even get ready for ravens week
Back to top Go down
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:55 pm

This was the most pathetic effort I've seen since the 80's.  Goats all the way around.  I'm not willing to put more blame on coaches than players.  The players have to do whats expected and they didn't. Ben was forcing the ball even when the underneath was wide open, and Ben does that from time to time (see Bengals first game), they had no fire.  You can fault the game plan all you want but the run was there early and they took advantage.  The defense is just awful, and I don't know what you can call defensively when your D Line is continually getting blown off the ball and you are losing the one on one battles.
Folks are going to blame Tomlin...say he should be fired...blah,blah, blah.  Fact is this was predictable.  We just pounded the bungles and the donkeys and sooner or later a team was going to come with a plan to slow the offense down, usually a team like the Ratbirds who know us well.
Playoffs are a long shot, because I don't see the Bills circus beating the Jets and TBH I won't be surprised with another poor effort against the clowns.

This all being said, I still bleed black and gold and will never stop believing even when they are awful like today!!!
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:59 pm

marvology wrote:
* Shazier has been a woeful disappointment in coverage.  I was expecting him to be our TE/RB killer.
* Ben takes the blame for this loss.  The Ravens schemed to defend the deep pass while giving up the running game and short passes.  Ben threw lots of terrible passes to the WRs while underneath routes were wide open.  Someone must have gotten on him about it at halftime.  Still threw a bad pass to AB in the endzone on that INT.
* Blake still having issues tackling.  
* Yet again, we make a mediocre QB look like a hall-of-famer.  Any time I see a scrub backup QB starting, I start worrying.

Defense held them to 20 though and that's my "you-did-your-job" cutoff.  Offense has to match that.

Great synopsis! Goats all around 1647293567

I still think the entire secondary played soft. Also think the D line didn't stand up against the run well, but they have no depth. Need some guys like McCullers and McLendon to rotate in and be a factor.
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:01 pm

I hate to question a player or coach like this....but how many more zombie mode losses to sub.500 teams can one take......WTF is going on with the leadership in these situations....from top to bottom.

Clusterfu**s like this are why we are constantly digging out of huge holes....late in the season...having to win freaking 4-6 games in a row just to make the playoffs....Let alone competing for a bye.

I don't know who it comes from more Ben...Tomlin...somebody else on the coaching staff.....but there has been entirely too much of it for a team that has a 2 time SB winning and future Hall of Fame qb. There's just no excuse for losing this many games to dog sh** teams.

Sorry....I don't care if the overall stats say we're right around the norm....as some dumbass journalist were trying to point out when we were in the midst of losing to the likes of the bucs,Saints, and jets....last year

Something is really Fffing wrong there and has to be fixed if we want another SB anytime soon.

Last edited by SteelerSpartan on Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:04 pm

Simply a pathetic performance from our supposed high powered offense and once again we make a 3rd string QB look like a pro bowler. Lazy preparation, crap execution and play calling all the way around. Steelers football the last few years nothing surprising really nothing surprising at all.

My only question is how many more seasons of missing the playoffs does Tomlin get before the Roonies move on to another head coach? I know they will stick with their guy but honestly how many more years will they allow it to go on?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Goats all around Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats all around   Goats all around Empty

Back to top Go down

Goats all around
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next