Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOpen Arms or Not!? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Open Arms or Not!?

Go down 
+7
El-Gonzo Jackson
JonM229
Buddha Bus
stlrtruck
solardave
ImperialFan
Releets
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Releets
Xtreme Newb
Releets

Open Arms or Not!? Empty
PostSubject: Open Arms or Not!?   Open Arms or Not!? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 11:26 pm

My nephew has converted from a Browns fan to a Steeler fan.
Seriously, are there any guidelines to receiving a cleveland brown convert?
Back to top Go down
http://bit.ly/SteelerFansOnly
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Open Arms or Not!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Arms or Not!?   Open Arms or Not!? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 12:01 am

No. The browns suck, and he finally realized this. Who wants to be a fan of a team who has no chance to win the superbowl for the next 8 years.

Xtreme Newb
Releets

Open Arms or Not!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Arms or Not!?   Open Arms or Not!? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 12:48 am

Wow!

This is going to be tough and the Thanksgiving dinner table will be interesting to sit at nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
http://bit.ly/SteelerFansOnly
solardave

solardave

Open Arms or Not!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Arms or Not!?   Open Arms or Not!? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 7:36 am

Releets wrote:
Wow!

This is going to be tough and the Thanksgiving dinner table will be interesting to sit at nonetheless.

Look at it this way. He's come over from the dark side. It doesn't matter when it happens it is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Open Arms or Not!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Arms or Not!?   Open Arms or Not!? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 8:45 am

If you go back to when the browns left town to move to Baltimore, there were a lot of conversions at Three Rivers Stadium.

Prior Browns fans were being baptized in Iron City to become part of the Steelers family.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Open Arms or Not!? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Open Arms or Not!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Arms or Not!?   Open Arms or Not!? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 10:09 am

I'd say a nice way to receive him would be for the Steelers to pound the hell out of the Browns twice more this year. Open Arms or Not!? 184121345

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Open Arms or Not!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Arms or Not!?   Open Arms or Not!? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 10:13 am

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

Open Arms or Not!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Arms or Not!?   Open Arms or Not!? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 11:07 am

If he is still a Buckeye fan, you cant trust him. He will turn back to the factory of sadness the moment they get a decent QB.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Open Arms or Not!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Arms or Not!?   Open Arms or Not!? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 5:06 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
If you go back to when the browns left town to move to Baltimore, there were a lot of conversions at Three Rivers Stadium.

Prior Browns fans were being baptized in Iron City to become part of the Steelers family.

Good Point! Open Arms or Not!? 469886443
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

Open Arms or Not!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Arms or Not!?   Open Arms or Not!? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 5:51 pm

How old is he? If he is young enough it will be fine. I truly believe that once a fan always a fan unless you are a child OR have a child brain!

Sounds like a shaky bandwagoner to me if he is a grown man. Just pretend if johnny football lights it up next year and they win the division (WHOA) fans like that will go running back.

Fire Arians

Open Arms or Not!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Arms or Not!?   Open Arms or Not!? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 6:43 pm

Releets wrote:
Seriously, are there any guidelines to receiving a cleveland brown convert?

Just don't mention you been a browns fan and no harm no foul right? Open Arms or Not!? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Open Arms or Not!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Arms or Not!?   Open Arms or Not!? EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 7:46 am

I think you should be able to jump ship once so long as you're not jumping on the bandwagon of whichever team happens to be winning at a given time, and doing it over and over again. I grew up idolizing Dan Marino, and was a Dolphins fan by default through my Dad. When Marino left, I lost all interest in that team. I got sick of the underachieving, I hated it when Marino left, and the team turned into a total circus.

The Steelers were always a favorite of mine because I liked watching the defenses, and I liked watching the bus steam roll over everyone. Been a die hard Steeler fan ever since. Feel like I found my true calling, and Steeler Nation feels like family to me. People approach me in stores and say GO STEELERS! Never had that happen once when I was younger, it was a rarity to even see a Dolphins fan here in Iowa. I came to a full realization of just how awesome Steeler Nation is when I attended the Chiefs-Steelers game in KC back in 2011 and it was literally a sea of Steeler fans. It was amazing. At that moment I knew I made the right decision, and I knew that I'd die a Steeler fan.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

Open Arms or Not!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Arms or Not!?   Open Arms or Not!? EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 6:19 pm

Releets wrote:

He was probably too young to be making important life decisions like that, and it's horrible to think some online Browns predator would take advantage of his naivety.

Open Arms or Not!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Arms or Not!?   Open Arms or Not!? Empty

Back to top Go down

Open Arms or Not!?
Page 1 of 1