Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTime to move on from Bell next season. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Time to move on from Bell next season.

Go down 
+17
Wallace108
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
FrancoLambert
SteelersCanada
Fire Arians
MostHateD
Atlanta Dan
stlrtruck
El-Gonzo Jackson
jak341
HeinzMustard
JonM229
SteelersNorth
SteelersYak
solardave
Hawaii 5-0
ImperialFan
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Time to move on from Bell next season. Empty
PostSubject: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:07 am

I know nobody wants to hear it.

It's been a great 2 and a half years with Bell but from what I'm hearing around the internet his knee is destroyed. His Acl wasnt torn but there is other damage besides from the severely torn MCL. Who is going to feel safe running him back out there next season when weve seen what happens to runningbacks that destroy their knee? (see marcus lattimore)

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:42 am

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 1:06 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 1:12 am

Willis McGahee didn't have a terrible career after his knee injury....

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:24 am

You could say the same about Ben after his miltitude of injuries.
But to say that in either case that you want to 'move on' is just idiotic.

In Bell's case he had a foot injury his first season came back and played basically 2 full seasons as the premier guy. He gets hurt on a low hit not his fault. and then yesterday gets yanked down from behind and Burficts weight buckles his knee. 2 of the 3 injuries are flukes if you ask me, especially given the fact how often he gets hit and is on the field.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:28 am

SteelersYak wrote:
Willis McGahee didn't have a terrible career after his knee injury....

McGahee had one of the sickest stiff arms that I've ever seen.

Time to move on from Bell next season. Willis-mcgahee-stiff-arm-o

Time to move on from Bell next season. Sayow

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
HeinzMustard

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:34 am

Steelers would be wise to draft another RB somewhere in rounds 3-5 next year... just to be safe.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:36 am

HeinzMustard wrote:
Steelers would be wise to draft another RB somewhere in rounds 3-5 next year... just to be safe.  

Wouldn't be surprised to see them do this at all.

Sucks because we are down picks this this and have other needs to fill.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:53 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Time to move on from Bell next season. 3562723908

This is so good. I heard its only an MCL sprain, but I heard that.................on the internet. Time to move on from Bell next season. 2829330259
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 10:46 am

SteelersNorth wrote:
You could say the same about Ben after his miltitude of injuries.
But to say that in either case that you want to 'move on' is just idiotic.

In Bell's case he had a foot injury his first season came back and played basically 2 full seasons as the premier guy. He gets hurt on a low hit not his fault. and then yesterday gets yanked down from behind and Burficts weight buckles his knee. 2 of the 3 injuries are flukes if you ask me, especially given the fact how often he gets hit and is on the field.

Look, and this goes for all yall. I never said we need to move on I just put the idea out there because from what I hear the only thing not torn in half was his ACL, theres a lot more to your knee than just that. Maybe we should have just drafted markus lattimore in stead, if severe knee injuries dont impact a runningbacks career.

I hope its not as bad as I have read. I hope he heals fast. Bell is one of my favorite players to watch ever in any sport. I'm just saying he MIGHT not be the same guy when he comes back physically OR mentally. Not enough is known to say what we "should" do.,but whoever it was who called his injury "just an mcl sprain" might want to do some googling.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 10:58 am

Anyone remember Adrian Peterson coming back from his injuries. As I recall, he was a freakin' terror when he returned.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Time to move on from Bell next season. 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 11:01 am

ImperialFan wrote:

Look, and this goes for all yall. I never said we need to move on I just put the idea out there because from what I hear the only thing not torn in half was his ACL, theres a lot more to your knee than just that. Maybe we should have just drafted markus lattimore in stead, if severe knee injuries dont impact a runningbacks career.

I hope its not as bad as I have read. I hope he heals fast. Bell is one of my favorite players to watch ever in any sport. I'm just saying he MIGHT not be the same guy when he comes back physically OR mentally. Not enough is known to say what we "should" do.,but whoever it was who called his injury "just an mcl sprain" might want to do some googling.

You said this and wrote the headline (with no question mark after the headline) Time to move on from Bell next season. 1401235891

ImperialFan wrote:
Time to move on from Bell next season

It's been a great 2 and a half years with Bell but from what I'm hearing around the internet his knee is destroyed. His Acl wasnt torn but there is other damage besides from the severely torn MCL. Who is going to feel safe running him back out there next season when weve seen what happens to runningbacks that destroy their knee? (see marcus lattimore)

So when you post his knee is "destroyed" with other damage in addition to the MCL (with no link to your alleged source), compare his injury to that sustained by Marcus Lattimore, and ask "who is going to feel safe running him back out there next year" you were not saying it is time to move on from Bell? Time to move on from Bell next season. 2829330259

If you want to post flames about Bell being a goat and done go for it - but if you are going to do it be prepared to defend your post rather than claim you were joking or never said what the plain meaning of your post stated.

That of course assumes you are not simply trolling to see what sort of s*** you can stir up
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 11:36 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

You said this and wrote the headline (with no question mark after the headline) Time to move on from Bell next season. 1401235891

ImperialFan wrote:

So when you post his knee is "destroyed" with other damage in addition to the MCL (with no link to your alleged source), compare his injury to that sustained by Marcus Lattimore, and ask "who is going to feel safe running him back out there next year" you were not saying it is time to move on from Bell? Time to move on from Bell next season. 2829330259

If you want to post flames about Bell being a goat and done go for it - but if you are going to do it be prepared to defend your post rather than claim you were joking or never said what the plain meaning of your post stated.

That of course assumes you are not simply trolling to see what sort of s*** you can stir up

Im not trolling okay,

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25360819/leveon-bells-knee-injury-to-likely-knock-steelers-rb-out-for-the-season

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/11/1/9654814/leveon-bell-pittsburgh-steelers-injury-knee

TAKE YOUR FUCKING PICK DAN those are the first two results that came up when I googled it.

read between the lines especially in the sb article, here let me give you a direct quote in fact

ttsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell suffered what looked to be a serious knee injury against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday. Bell has a "severely" torn MCL and other damage to his knee that is expected to keep him out for the season, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.

"It was announced just after halftime that Bell was taken from the stadium to be further evaluated at the hospital and he would not return to the game. The initial exam of Bell's knee has made the team "optimistic" about his ACL, and they hope it's only an injury to his MCL, according to Pro Football Talk. Those hopes were apparently dashed with the subsequent report Sunday night."

Is that better Dan? Am I making shit up? or does everyone else also see" "bell sprained his mcl" ???? Because I see a shit ton more than that, it looks to me like there is some info withheld, Meniscus maybe? oh btw a The meniscus is a piece of cartilage that provides a cushion between your thighbone (femur) and shinbone (tibia). There are two menisci in each knee joint. They can be damaged or torn during activities that put pressure on or rotate the knee joint.Aug 15, 2012.

Who knows what the "other damage is" but a "severe MCL tear" and "other damage" means a little more than "an mcl sprain" Give me a fuckin break. Use your head, read inbetween the lines BELLS INJURY IS VERY SERIOUS if you cant see that you are blind.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 11:36 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

ImperialFan wrote:

Im not trolling okay,

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25360819/leveon-bells-knee-injury-to-likely-knock-steelers-rb-out-for-the-season

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/11/1/9654814/leveon-bell-pittsburgh-steelers-injury-knee

TAKE YOUR FUCKING PICK DAN those are the first two results that came up when I googled it.

read between the lines especially in the sb article, here let me give you a direct quote in fact

ttsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell suffered what looked to be a serious knee injury against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday. Bell has a "severely" torn MCL and other damage to his knee that is expected to keep him out for the season, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.

"It was announced just after halftime that Bell was taken from the stadium to be further evaluated at the hospital and he would not return to the game. The initial exam of Bell's knee has made the team "optimistic" about his ACL, and they hope it's only an injury to his MCL, according to Pro Football Talk. Those hopes were apparently dashed with the subsequent report Sunday night."

Is that better Dan? Am I making shit up? or does everyone else also see" "bell sprained his mcl" ???? Because I see a shit ton more than that, it looks to me like there is some info withheld, Meniscus maybe? oh btw The meniscus is a piece of cartilage that provides a cushion between your thighbone (femur) and shinbone (tibia). There are two menisci in each knee joint. They can be damaged or torn during activities that put pressure on or rotate the knee joint.

Who knows what the "other damage is" but a "severe MCL tear" and "other damage" means a little more than "a mcl sprain" Give me a fuckin break. Use your head, read inbetween the lines BELLS INJURY IS VERY SERIOUS if you cant see that you are blind.

like im making shit up, thefuckouttahereyo. All the info isnt available yet, but do I need to post a diagram of a knee for you so you realize there is more than an mcl and acl in your knee? What do you think? hes gonna be rushing for 200 yards in december? "You can say all you want about dont believe everything you hear on the internet" For some reason the two links I provided just seem credible, maybe I just know more about anatomy than you? Im just not getting where you can suggest this thread is trolling, along with my thread about tomlins poor clock management, I must just be making up that he let 30 seconds run off the (see other thread).
breathe ... I know its hard to accept but not everything is peaches and creme for Pittsburgh right now.

Last edited by ImperialFan on Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 11:55 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

ImperialFan wrote:

Okay yeah I left the question mark out. I also left out the two words "it is" and stuff like "we need to" or "they should". Ill admit my wording was perhaps a bit suggestive but I wanted the thread to get some attention and it did, not because I'm a troll because I want to discuss the prospect of this possibly being career altering injury (not that i want it to be) Ill give you that I went back and kind of changed my words around, but hey so do politicians and I don't see you running around with a pickett sign at their campaign events. Get over it , I pissed you off by joking around in some thread and giving bell a goat and you can't fricken get over it. so you try to brand everything with a "troll alert" when actually if you llook past the suggestive wording and read the damn post and maybe do some research you'll realize i dont pull everything I say out of my ass. I joke a lot and its misunderstood but quit pissing in my fricken wheaties over that bell goat post, jesus.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:01 pm

I would need to know what grade the MCL tear is.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:01 pm

stillstoned is that you man? haha
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:02 pm

MostHateD wrote:

I'm not a doctor but usually tear = grade 3. Every sprain technically is a tear but tear (in nfl speak) usually implies its a complete tear (grade 3). Doesn't seem to be a good outlook for Bell and this season.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:09 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
MostHateD wrote:

I'm not a doctor but usually tear = grade 3. Every sprain technically is a tear but tear (in nfl speak) usually implies its a complete tear (grade 3). Doesn't seem to be a good outlook for Bell and this season.

Thank you, damn, it takes a fricken miracle around here for people to realize Bell's knee is JACKED THE FUCK UP. Anyone that saw the way it bent should have been able to tell, holy shit it was almost ripped from his femur!

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:12 pm

[url=Time to move on from Bell next season. Knedd]Time to move on from Bell next season. Knedd[/url]

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:14 pm

[url=Time to move on from Bell next season. Muscles_of_the_Knee]Time to move on from Bell next season. Muscles_of_the_Knee[/url]

look at the diagrams, does anyone believe that there is more than an acl and an mcl in your knee now? WOW

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:15 pm

Absolutely convinced this is Blaze Quietly.

I don't know if this is trolling or just flat out stupidity, but maybe it's time for a five minute timeout.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:16 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

ImperialFan wrote:

Im not trolling okay,

Is that better Dan? Am I making shit up? or does everyone else also see" "bell sprained his mcl" ???? Because I see a shit ton more than that, it looks to me like there is some info withheld, Meniscus maybe? oh btw  The meniscus is a piece of cartilage that provides a cushion between your thighbone (femur) and shinbone (tibia). There are two menisci in each knee joint. They can be damaged or torn during activities that put pressure on or rotate the knee joint.

Who knows what the "other damage is" but a "severe MCL tear" and "other damage" means a little more than "a mcl sprain" Give me a fuckin break. Use your head, read inbetween the lines BELLS INJURY IS VERY SERIOUS if you cant see that you are blind.

like im making shit up, thefuckouttahereyo. All the info isnt available yet, but do I need to post a diagram of a knee for you so you realize there is more than an mcl and acl in your knee? What do you think? hes gonna be rushing for 200 yards in december? "You can say all you want about dont believe everything you hear on the internet" For some reason the two links I provided just seem credible, maybe I just know more about anatomy than you? Im just not getting where you can suggest this thread is trolling, along with my thread about tomlins poor clock management, I must just be making up that he let 30 seconds run off the (see other thread).
breathe ... I know its hard to accept but not everything is peaches and creme for Pittsburgh right now.

I assumed when you were posting last night you were drunk. Since you hopefully are not blotto at noon on Monday it appears you have some serious anger management issues.

It was suggested last night you dial it down - whether or not your posting style is something that is going to continue to be tolerated here is not my call.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:22 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

ImperialFan wrote:

Im not trolling okay,

Is that better Dan? Am I making shit up? or does everyone else also see" "bell sprained his mcl" ???? Because I see a shit ton more than that, it looks to me like there is some info withheld, Meniscus maybe? oh btw  The meniscus is a piece of cartilage that provides a cushion between your thighbone (femur) and shinbone (tibia). There are two menisci in each knee joint. They can be damaged or torn during activities that put pressure on or rotate the knee joint.

I assumed when you were posting last night you were drunk.  Since you hopefully are not blotto at noon on Monday it appears you have some serious anger management issues.

It was suggested last night you dial it down - whether or not your posting style is something that is going to continue to be tolerated here is not my call.

Hey, give it a break.  Clearly me calmly putting things makes you think I am making them up, but then when I provide proof with an animated and annoyed tone you start to cry about it. Some people just learn better when you yell at them because they don't listen when you say it the first time. I was asked to dial it down and quit calling you names, I quit calling you names because calling someone a name accomplishes nothing but if you tell me im lying, then ask for proof and I can make a compelling argument of course im going to try throwing it in your face because otherwise you just think its made up. I was man enough to admit I intentionally worded the post suggestively to draw attention now how about you just admit that you didnt understand the severity or "said" severity of bells injury.

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:35 pm

Even though I'm a relative "newbie," I think it might be time to put Imperial Fan on IR.

I don't usually join internet boxing matches, but man....you need to calm down and treat others with a bit more respect.

Also, a friendly suggestion....click the "preview" button before posting.....make an attempt to self-edit your posts...it will save you a lot of backlash and angst.   Time to move on from Bell next season. 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to move on from Bell next season.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next