Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTime to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Time to move on from Bell next season.

Go down 
+17
Wallace108
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
FrancoLambert
SteelersCanada
Fire Arians
MostHateD
Atlanta Dan
stlrtruck
El-Gonzo Jackson
jak341
HeinzMustard
JonM229
SteelersNorth
SteelersYak
solardave
Hawaii 5-0
ImperialFan
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:55 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
SteelersNorth wrote:
You could say the same about Ben after his miltitude of injuries.
But to say that in either case that you want to 'move on' is just idiotic.

In Bell's case he had a foot injury his first season came back and played basically 2 full seasons as the premier guy. He gets hurt on a low hit not his fault. and then yesterday gets yanked down from behind and Burficts weight buckles his knee. 2 of the 3 injuries are flukes if you ask me, especially given the fact how often he gets hit and is on the field.

Look, and this goes for all yall. I never said we need to move on I just put the idea out there because from what I hear the only thing not torn in half was his ACL, theres a lot more to your knee than just that. Maybe we should have just drafted markus lattimore in stead, if severe knee injuries dont impact a runningbacks career.

I hope its not as bad as I have read. I hope he heals fast. Bell is one of my favorite players to watch ever in any sport. I'm just saying he MIGHT not be the same guy when he comes back physically OR mentally. Not enough is known to say what we "should" do.,but whoever it was who called his injury "just an mcl sprain" might want to do some googling.

First and foremost, I apologize for my earlier comment to you. I shouldn't have implied any stupidity.

Secondly, Imperial, there's a lot wrong with this post. Lattimore's injury was far more severe than Bell's is right now. He tore is ACL, LCL and PCL all in one fell swoop. The damage that causes is far more significant than a badly torn MCL. Is a badly torn MCL cause for concern? Absolutely, but we don't know the full extent of the injury as it happened yesterday. I doubt Bell and the front office know the full extent of the injury to this point.

Thirdly, Bell's initial knee injury was not serious. He could've and would've played had the Steelers beat the Ravens two weeks after the injury happened. He wouldn't have been 100%, but he could've played. Referring to this as a significant knee injury is a mistake.

There are significant knee injuries aside from an ACL injury, but there's a reason why an ACL tear is considered devastating -- it's the worst. An MCL injury is nothing to scoff about, but it's not nearly the devastation an ACL injury is. To your point: it's not as bad. Le'Veon walked off to the cart. The fact he was able to walk is encouraging.

It's a mistake to question a professional athlete's mental shape. I'd encourage against this.

Releasing, trading, or cutting Bell is not the answer to any question mark on this team.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:58 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
Even though I'm a relative "newbie," I think it might be time to put Imperial Fan on IR.

I don't usually join internet boxing matches, but man....you need to calm down and treat others with a bit more respect.

Also, a friendly suggestion....click the "preview" button before posting.....make an attempt to self-edit your posts...it will save you a lot of backlash and angst.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 2087824411

Sorry I am just aggressively looking for intelligent life on this forum in regards to two topics that I believe my opinion on is more accurate. I am sorry if my occasional typo bothers you, I assure you I am educated can spell just as good as other people on this board. I just assume if someone notices a minor typo they will know what I meant. If I knew the grammar nazi and spelling nazi were going to peoples most intelligent response to my posts maybe I'd spend more time proof reading them, but I don't so you might have the deal with sentence fragments and run ons and all types of shit nobody cares about if the actual point I'm arguing is correct and you want to point out a punctuation mistake, maybe I just don't care as much about missing a period as some people here.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 1:06 pm

we have a common theme here.

Quote :
Attack the post, not the poster

I'll make this generalized statement:
Everyone needs to back down from personal attacks.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 1:18 pm

Imperial, I do think you need to chill out a bit man. Like stlrtruck says it's ok to disagree with someone's post, but personal attacks won't fly for long. You don't need to resort to name calling or insults to prove you're right, if anything, you'll still look like an a-hole even if you're correct by taking that angle.

Now if it's directed at a Patriots**** or Ravens fan, it's totally OK Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 1:21 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
I was man enough to admit I intentionally worded the post suggestively to draw attention now how about you just admit that you didnt understand the severity or "said" severity of bells injury.

As Steelers Canada posts above, I understand that comparing the unknown severity of Bell's injury to that of Marcus Lattimore is ludicrous.

You admit you do not know the severity or extent of the injury but then proceed to launch a thread that says it is time to move on from Bell because his knee is "destroyed."  I disagreed with that statement because you have nothing to back up that learned medical diagnosis, only that the injury may extend beyond the MCL.  I did not attempt to speculate on the extent of the injury.

ImperialFan wrote:
Some people just learn better when you yell at them

Maybe in your line of work. Not in mine.

I agree with the suggestion it is time to move on.  I am aware of your opinion of my posting style and and have a high degree of confidence you know my view on how you choose to get across your points. Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 230572241
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 1:39 pm

ImperialFan was Steelers(with some numbers at the end) at SteelersFever I believe. He sometimes says things that people don't want to hear or don't agree with. While I'm not all doom and gloom on Bell because A. Hes one of the most dedicated guys on the roster as far as work-outs, rehabilitation, and physical therapy. and B. There hasn't been enough time or development of details for me to make a comment on it.

Still. Even if the guy only sparks a flame war, a spark is a spark. An idea is an idea worth considering. I dont want to believe it and I want to stay glass half-full. But similar things to what hes suggesting have diminished careers. Runningbacks are not exactly the model for longevity relative to other football positions. That being said I believe wholely in Bell's dedication.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 1:49 pm

I'll just say this. It's been more heartbreak than storybook lately so.. Maybe we should revel in our inner masochists'.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 1:53 pm

SteelersCanada wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
SteelersNorth wrote:
You could say the same about Ben after his miltitude of injuries.
But to say that in either case that you want to 'move on' is just idiotic.

In Bell's case he had a foot injury his first season came back and played basically 2 full seasons as the premier guy. He gets hurt on a low hit not his fault. and then yesterday gets yanked down from behind and Burficts weight buckles his knee. 2 of the 3 injuries are flukes if you ask me, especially given the fact how often he gets hit and is on the field.

Look, and this goes for all yall. I never said we need to move on I just put the idea out there because from what I hear the only thing not torn in half was his ACL, theres a lot more to your knee than just that. Maybe we should have just drafted markus lattimore in stead, if severe knee injuries dont impact a runningbacks career.

I hope its not as bad as I have read. I hope he heals fast. Bell is one of my favorite players to watch ever in any sport. I'm just saying he MIGHT not be the same guy when he comes back physically OR mentally. Not enough is known to say what we "should" do.,but whoever it was who called his injury "just an mcl sprain" might want to do some googling.

First and foremost, I apologize for my earlier comment to you. I shouldn't have implied any stupidity.

Secondly, Imperial, there's a lot wrong with this post. Lattimore's injury was far more severe than Bell's is right now. He tore is ACL, LCL and PCL all in one fell swoop. The damage that causes is far more significant than a badly torn MCL. Is a badly torn MCL cause for concern? Absolutely, but we don't know the full extent of the injury as it happened yesterday. I doubt Bell and the front office know the full extent of the injury to this point.

Thirdly, Bell's initial knee injury was not serious. He could've and would've played had the Steelers beat the Ravens two weeks after the injury happened. He wouldn't have been 100%, but he could've played. Referring to this as a significant knee injury is a mistake.

There are significant knee injuries aside from an ACL injury, but there's a reason why an ACL tear is considered devastating -- it's the worst. An MCL injury is nothing to scoff about, but it's not nearly the devastation an ACL injury is. To your point: it's not as bad. Le'Veon walked off to the cart. The fact he was able to walk is encouraging.

It's a mistake to question a professional athlete's mental shape. I'd encourage against this.

Releasing, trading, or cutting Bell is not the answer to any question mark on this team.

^^^see now that guy knows how to make an intelligent argument. in response Ill agree comparing Lattimores injury to Bells is inappropriate. That was an extreme example, I know the injuries are different because I know Marcus tore his ACL and Bell did not. You are correct the ACL is the most important....however if I may think of an analogy....this is tough lol.... here it goes though. there are 2 football players that are fucking awesome one breaks their femur and or tibia. The Femur and tibia are the most important bones in your leg. Breaking your femur or tibia means you can support NO weight (10% by fibula pointless because its below the femur)for 4-8 weeks effectively ending their season. So let's say the second player in this scenario gets in a car accident shatters their fibula and their Patella (knee cap) into 50 pieces each and lets say all their toes get crushed on their foot to the point where they all have no feeling due to severe nerve damage. Does that mean that because their tibia and femur are okay they are going to have a faster recovery than football player A who hurt the big bones but didnt sustain other said injuries?- - - I realize that was a shitty analogy but im trying to keep it as relative to the situation as possible so please give me a pass on that.

My point is even though the ACL was saved if there was significant damage to lots of other muscles/tissues/tendons/ligaments that player could very well be just as slow to get back to playing shape.

Although I have worked in the medical field in the past I am not a doctor, I don't think we have any on this forum. I also would like to point out we dont know exactly what he did do BESIDES severely tearing his MCL, there are a LOT of other things you can do to your knee to cause a career altering injury. In MY opinion the fact that the steelers said the ACL is fine but due to the other findings Bell has no chance of playing this year indicates that he fucked something up bad, and when they decide to tell us what else he hurt and maybe explain the rehab process and healing times for some of these soft tissue injuries we might be wishing it was an ACL instead, or theres the possibility its say a severe tear of the MCL LCL and PCL with a bone bruise, and severely torn cartilage! IDK flip a coin if you ask me. They didnt say what the "other injuries" are so we can only speculate, but judging from everything I've read its probably pretty fricken bad. Its called reading between the lines or taking hints. With all that said, its for the most part ALL SPECULATION, but is it wrong of me to speculate based upon what I have seen and read? If someone doesnt wanna speculate with me they don't have to, I'm not making them sit there and try to tell me things I already know. I feel like speculating, hell if every thread here were 100% factual and we werent allowed to talk about hypothetical situations I think it would be pretty boring. If you want facts read a thesaurus and leave the speculation to me, cause I've got not problem with it. It's called hypothesizing or perhaps even suggesting something could be a fact and then stating what the effects of said fact are.

see I dont know why I had to break it down like that I'm just trying to make the people who call my really shitty scenario posts "trolling" simply because I didnt copy and past a link for them. Or someone saying its trolling to suggest a way in which 31 other coaches would have managed the game clock could have lead to more opportunities for us to win. I dont live in the world of the rose colored glasses and I don't see the crime in that at all.

STEELERCANADA seems to understand, and disagree with me, he presented a logical reason for why I over reached by bringing Marcus Lattimore into this, but he said it in a respectful vernacular  and did not imply I was "trolling" because my opinions were not all specifically supported by irrefutable proof and "links" for him to click on. Should I be sorry for having an opinion? I don't give anyone attitude unless they give it to me first, and if it comes off that way thats my fault because I have an extremely dry sense of humor and do a poor job of clearly labeling something a "joke" because I expect people to see situations from more than one perspective and recognize that sometimes I am completely joking rather than actually being the complete idiot I intentionally portray as a joke.  That may be my fault for assuming people will recognize I am joking in text due to the lack of facial expressions etc. Ill take some of the blame, but when the nonsense starts spilling over into what I consider to be a perfectly legit thread and someone blows the troll whistle because a proposed idea is just too progressive or extreme in comparison to their regular train of thought, it just annoys me and makes me break everything down into little tiny pieces and then try to cram it into their head so they understand what im saying when im being serious.

thats all im sayin

Last edited by ImperialFan on Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:13 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : typos galore yeah)
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 2:11 pm

@ImperialFan, I gave you some friendly advice last night, and I'll give you some more ... dial it down a notch or two. We encourage lively discussions and debates, but personal attacks are not acceptable. And as someone else already suggested, edit your posts before hitting Send to make sure you're saying exactly what you want to say, in the way you want to say it. We're not mind readers. You can't get pissed because someone reacts to what you posted instead of what you meant. This is now two days in a row that mods had to ask you to dial it down. I'm about out of friendly advice. Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 230572241

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 2:25 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
@ImperialFan, I gave you some friendly advice last night, and I'll give you some more ... dial it down a notch or two. We encourage lively discussions and debates, but personal attacks are not acceptable. And as someone else already suggested, edit your posts before hitting Send to make sure you're saying exactly what you want to say, in the way you want to say it. We're not mind readers. You can't get pissed because someone reacts to what you posted instead of what you meant. This is now two days in a row that mods had to ask you to dial it down. I'm about out of friendly advice. Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 230572241

Okay, I'll preview my posts. I honestly don't know who you think I'm personally attacking. I complimented one member, the person I was rude to called me a troll for just throwing the idea out there that we move on from Bell. In my opinion that's a misplaced insult because if you read my original post there was nothing offensive in it. I don't just go around calling people a troll because I don't agree with something they said. To me a troll is someone who intentionally says offensive/racist/sexist things he/she knows will offend a large number of people for the sole purpose of eliciting a massive response from several offended people. Am I doing that? If I am please point out where I did that and I will apologize. If severe knee injuries don't effect careers I apologize. If Bells isn't severe please correct me. Am I missing something?

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 2:34 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
ImperialFan was Steelers(with some numbers at the end) at SteelersFever I believe. He sometimes says things that people don't want to hear or don't agree with. While I'm not all doom and gloom on Bell because A. Hes one of the most dedicated guys on the roster as far as work-outs, rehabilitation, and physical therapy. and B. There hasn't been enough time or development of details for me to make a comment on it.

Still. Even if the guy only sparks a flame war, a spark is a spark. An idea is an idea worth considering. I dont want to believe it and I want to stay glass half-full. But similar things to what hes suggesting have diminished careers. Runningbacks are not exactly the model for longevity relative to other football positions. That being said I believe wholely in Bell's dedication.

Thank you, I don't see where I was being inappropriate as opposed to just saying something people don't want to hear then being railroaded when what I said could have truth to it and wouldn't be viewed as offensive by any sensible person.

I was not this member you mentioned from the SF forum, but I was a member there and often did have confrontations, I know its something I do because it happens in real life too, I'm not blind to it. I would say over on SF I probably was a legit troll at one point but since then I try not to be offensive, it's only when someone calls me a liar after I state a fact or even innocent opinion that I go on a tangent, then I look like the asshole. I actually really enjoy the conversations I have on this forum and am disappointed that anything I said today would be viewed as "started by me" If anything the person calling me a troll is a troll,a troll in sheep's clothing if you will.

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 2:38 pm

Steelers officially send Le'Veon Bell to I.R.

Steelers placed RB Le'Veon Bell on injured reserve with a torn right MCL, ending his season.

It's brutal news for all involved, but the silver lining is that Bell will be ready to rock for 2016 after avoiding ACL damage. It's not all roses, as this is the second consecutive season Bell has seen ended by a right knee issue. Neither have been major, but the cumulative toll could eventually add up. Either way, Bell remains a top-12 pick in Dynasty startups. For 2015, DeAngelo Williams immediately slides into an every-down role, and is Week 9's top waiver wire add.
Nov 2 - 2:24 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8390/leveon-bell

Last edited by Hawaii 5-0 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 2:40 pm

i cant believe i read through all that and still dont know the status of bells knee Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 294855916

edit: nevermind....thaks Hawaii

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 2:44 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Okay, I'll preview my posts. I honestly don't know who you think I'm personally attacking. I complimented one member, the person I was rude to called me a troll for just throwing the idea out there that we move on from Bell. In my opinion that's a misplaced insult because if you read my original post there was nothing offensive in it. I don't just go around calling people a troll because I don't agree with something they said. To me a troll is someone who intentionally says offensive/racist/sexist things he/she knows will offend a large number of people for the sole purpose of eliciting a massive response from several offended people. Am I doing that? If I am please point out where I did that and I will apologize. If severe knee injuries don't effect careers I apologize. If Bells isn't severe please correct me. Am I missing something?

Atlanta Dan already explained this to you, but I'll try it as well. You didn't just "throw the idea out there" for discussion. With your title of the thread and first post, you stated in no uncertain terms that it's time to move on from Bell. That might not be the way you intended it, but that's the way everyone, including me, read it. And when you make a controversial statement like that, you're going to get some strong responses.

After some strong responses, you got pissed off, backtracked and said this: "Look, and this goes for all yall. I never said we need to move on ..."

But again, with your thread title and first post, that's exactly what you said ... that it's time to move on. The way you reacted to the responses prompted Dan to question whether you were trolling. That wasn't a personal attack against you. He didn't call you a troll ... he wondered if you were trolling (there's a difference). He was questioning (understandably) the way you reacted to the responses you got. Then, as you acknowledged yourself, you got "rude" with him.

Look Imperial, I enjoy disagreement and debates. I love when people think outside the box and create some good, controversial discussions. But when you do that, you have to expect some strong responses. And you can't get pissed off and antagonistic when you get them.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 2:49 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Steelers officially send Le'Veon Bell to I.R.

Steelers placed RB Le'Veon Bell on injured reserve with a torn right MCL, ending his season.
It's brutal news for all involved, but the silver lining is that Bell will be ready to rock for 2016 after avoiding ACL damage. It's not all roses, as this is the second consecutive season Bell has seen ended by a right knee issue. Neither have been major, but the cumulative toll could eventually add up. Either way, Bell remains a top-12 pick in Dynasty startups. For 2015, DeAngelo Williams immediately slides into an every-down role, and is Week 9's top waiver wire add.
Nov 2 - 2:24 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8390/leveon-bell

Now theres a man who knows his shit.
Thats great news. I hope he doesn't have any mental side effects such as being less aggressive because hes afraid of getting his knee popped again. He's so fun to watch play and seems like such an all around good guy. Its so frustrating to see injuries ruin what I saw as our best chance to win a superbowl since 2005. It's good to see a report that didn't mention "other damage" which I still wonder about. Perhaps it's there but the MCL is most serious. I'm sure the specifics will all shake out in the coming days.  This injury alone doesn't ruin our superbowl shot but between ben going down week 3, now bell week 8. I guess best case scenario is we sneak into the playoffs at 9-7 or 10-6 and go on a roll, kinda like greenbay did in 2010. Luckily D-Wil is a great running back.It could still happen but one more big blow and we are playing for 2016-2017.

Last edited by ImperialFan on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 3:30 pm

@wallace108 you are correct he acted civil and I looked like a dick in this thread. OK I admit it, but heres why. This is what he originally said that pissed me off

"@Atlanta Dan wrote:
LOL

Bell is a goat?  Because he should have titanium knees and never get hurt

And Ben will never be Rogers (one Super Bowl and counting)?

Buy a breathalyzer and once you start blowing three times the legal limit quit posting"

Then he proceeded to reply in every thread I commented on just saying some condescending shit after I clearly explained that I wasnt being disrespectful to Bell by giving him a Goat, It was not meant to be disrespectful towards my favorite player (see sig) It was meant in a way to say I was fucking pissed that Bell got hurt. Ill even be the first to say I can see where if someone just read it quick it could seem that way but its not what I meant, and even after I explained I meant no disrespect to Bell AtlantaDan continued with little condescending remarks eventually questioning everything I was saying. Im not going to sift through them all but there were other remarks similar to the one I just showed. I'm only pointing this out because I feel like He is just as much in the wrong as I for continuing to antagonize me after I explained my self and my explanation made it clear what the true intended meaning was, to me it seemed he intentionally disregarded that and kept trying to put a "troll" spin to everything I would post anywhere.

It is my opinion we should both be warned because he basically said my posts appear to be from someone with a bac of .24 (someone with a bac of .24 wouldnt be able to even come close to typing a complete sentence or making any sense at all. Since obviously I wasn't that drunk (pretty sure that would knock most people out) it came off as him implying that I am stupid, which I assure you I am not, and I think that its rude of him to jump to that conclusion and stick to his guns even when it is obvious I am a huge fan of bells and would not ever disrespect him after his tragic injury. I just wish you could see where I am coming from and do what a baseball UMP would do and warn both parties. Do what you do though, I just wanted to show you I wasn't mad about what he said here but mad about him implying I was a level of drunkenness only a stupid inhibited person would portray. I assure you I was not drunk and I also assure you I am not stupid.

I would ask if someone has a problem with something I say please address what I said and let me explain my self don't do something to the effect of calling me a stupid drunk. I didn't say anything offensive and to imply I am obliterated drunk is offensive when it was just meant to voice frustration towards the injury, I never said anything along the lines of "Bells a goat because he got hurt and that was his fault" like was implied. Do you at least see where what he said was offensive to me, even if it was a misunderstanding that I initiated???

I mean come on that patriot fan Dave75th was posting pictures of dogs fights over and over clearly trying to be a troll and I feel like you are putting me on a shorter leash than you did him just because I was involved in an argument with someone who keeps calling me a drunk troll. I'm not out trying to offend people, I do talk about controversial subjects but there is no Ill intent and nothing Ive ever said comes anything close to someone posting sickening pictures of animal abuse. If you read any of my posts from the round table part of the forum where we talk about real issues you will see I am not an obnoxious asshole but actually have a decent deal of knowledge and I'm not the least bit sexist/racist or any other form of ignorance that this earth breeds.

I feel I have been misunderstood but realize I'm responsible all I ask if people not take offense to things I say because very rarely have I ever gone out of my way to insult someone here, especially when they have had no ill will towards me. I mean I'll think twice now before hitting the send button how what im saying could be interpreted but I don't feel like I was ever trying to offend anybody and to be persecuted to the extent of that person that was posting pictures of disgusting animal abuse seems like I was singled out and sided against just because this one guy wants to point out how things I say can seem offensive then call me something extremely offensive. I think the majority of people here understand what Im trying to say.... I hope.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 3:44 pm

Jesus christ man drop it already, nobody wants to read all that shit.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 3:49 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
I was man enough to admit I intentionally worded the post suggestively to draw attention now how about you just admit that you didnt understand the severity or "said" severity of bells injury.

As Steelers Canada posts above, I understand that comparing the unknown severity of Bell's injury to that of Marcus Lattimore is ludicrous.

You admit you do not know the severity or extent of the injury but then proceed to launch a thread that says it is time to move on from Bell because his knee is "destroyed."  I disagreed with that statement because you have nothing to back up that learned medical diagnosis, only that the injury may extend beyond the MCL.  I did not attempt to speculate on the extent of the injury.

ImperialFan wrote:
Some people just learn better when you yell at them

Maybe in your line of work. Not in mine.

I agree with the suggestion it is time to move on.  I am aware of your opinion of my posting style and and have a high degree of confidence you know my view on how you choose to get across your points. Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 230572241

As mentioned in previous post, insinuating that I had a BAC of 3 times the legal limit when I named bell a goat, you didnt need to accuse me of being so drunk I shouldnt post, could you possibly have said it a little more politely. I know how you took what I said but i didnt mean it as an insult towards Bell(much less you), but you clearly were trying to insult me "3 times over the legal limit" implies i am a complete idiot, thats how I took it, thats how it seems you intended it, thats what pissed me off that was a personal attack. Whether you are man enough to apologize is up to you. I'm sorry for blowing up on you like a maniac and initiating it and not thinking my post through well at all, the least you could do is admit you were in the wrong calling me a drunk.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 3:53 pm

Fire Arians wrote:

Just explaining my self bro, you dont need to read it, it was intended for the mod and the member who I had beefed with.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 3:54 pm

Being called a drunk isnt a bad thing, I took pride in being the 'drunk moderator' at SF Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 3:54 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

Just explaining my self bro, you dont need to read it, it was intended for the mod and the member who I had beefed with.

lot more productive to PM them, just saying. posting it on the forum kinda makes it everybody's business. In any case I hope you guys can work it out, we're all on the same team here (except jon Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 1797695198)
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 3:56 pm

point taken

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 4:16 pm

@ImperialFan, in regard to drunk posting, let me first say that many of us, at one point or another, have been guilty of drunk posting and saying some things that we regret the next day. I'm certainly no exception. So if drunk posting was to blame, I'd be understanding of that as long as it wasn't a recurring problem.

I took note of Dan's breathalyzer comment, and he obviously thought you might be drunk posting. I mean no offense by it, but based on how angry you were and some of the things you were saying, I assumed the same thing. So I took Dan's comment more as advice than an attack (step away from the keyboard or put down the phone if you've had too much to drink). If you say that you weren't drunk posting, I'll believe you. But there's no question that some of your posts were angry and antagonistic last night, and things that were said carried over to today.

I didn't issue a warning to Dan because I don't think he said anything that was over the line. We try not to be heavy-handed with our moderating and prefer if people can work out disagreements themselves. The only time we step in is when someone says something clearly over the line or things are starting to get out of control. And you were starting to get out of control last night. There was a lot of anger and antagonism in your posts. Not only were we asking you to dial it down, but we also were stepping in before someone else said something to you that pushed you even further over the edge.

In regard to comparing yourself with Dave75th, it's not fair to say that we put you on a shorter leash than we did him. As mods/admins, we don't always read every thread or see every post. His posts in the Vick thread had gone unnoticed by us, but as soon as I stumbled across them, I warned him about posting certain pics and then gave him an opportunity to knock off the personal attacks and be a member of this community. His response was posting a personal attack with his next post, so he was banned. In four years, Dave was only the second member we've banned. It's not something we like to do. We want everyone here to have fun and enjoy being a member of this community. From time to time there are going to be disagreements, and not everyone is going to get along. Like I said, we hope people can work out their disagreements on their own. But we will step in when we think it's necessary. And I can assure you that everyone is treated fairly.

Think about everything I said, and if you have any questions or disagreements, I'd be happy to continue the discussion privately. I feel I've said everything I need to say openly in this thread. The bottom line is this ... I appreciate your contributions to this community, and I want you to continue to be a valued member of SX. If you want that as well, then lets make it happen.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 4:24 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

lot more productive to PM them, just saying. posting it on the forum kinda makes it everybody's business. In any case I hope you guys can work it out, we're all on the same team here (except jon Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 1797695198)

Thanks - I agree poster beefs do not need to take up space in the threads.

Before I read this post I sent a PM to ImperialFan and Wally.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 4:35 pm

Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 Download
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on from Bell next season.   Time to move on from Bell next season. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to move on from Bell next season.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next