Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer

Go down 
+30
PhantomJB93
Stryker
Stella Nation
Jazzo
WCSteeler
WVABE
JonM229
Steel Peon
jak341
FrancoLambert
HeinzMustard
Drizztbob
IowaSteeler927
solardave
Steeler-in-west
El-Gonzo Jackson
The_Joker
SteelerEmpire
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
SoCalFan
tony hipchest
BlackAndGold
Atlanta Dan
pczach
ImperialFan
Fire Arians
Lokki
lotas
SteelersCanada
Hawaii 5-0
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 12:59 am

Jacoby is clearly a double agent.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 1:04 am

ImperialFan wrote:
I wouldn't say he is gay but his career is definitely done

. .
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 am

Please cut Jones now, he's done in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 6:32 am

We went from bad to worse to ????

What a fool I am.   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 2087824411   Lobbied for many months to let Dri go   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 1645253483 .....we finally do......and we're even worse off at the KR position.     Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 2761542443

At least Dri could catch a touchback in the end zone.
Back to top Go down
lotas

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 8:13 am

FrancoLambert wrote:

What a fool I am.   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 2087824411   Lobbied for many months to let Dri go   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 1645253483 .....we finally do......and we're even worse off at the KR position.     Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 2761542443

This is precisely how I feel now, too.

I wanted Archer gone as well, but it looks like our return game needs help, not just our returner. I don't think Jacoby Jones is the answer, and I don't think Dri Archer was the answer, either.

But seeing a new return man with our same special teams blocking just goes to show it's the unit as a whole that's the problem, not just the return man.

Does that mean we shouldn't have let Archer go? No, I don't think he was suited for that job, he was far too small and it was only a matter of time before he coughed up the ball getting smashed by a defender.

I haven't been a fan of these "washed up vet" pickups we've made the last couple years. Jacoby Jones, Michael Vick, Darrius Heyward-Bey, etc. it just doesn't feel Steeler-esque. We build teams from the ground up, not by moving a bunch of pieces around and throwing money at the washed up players no one else wanted to try to acquire skill.

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 8:18 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
seriously, we need to cut Jaboby Jones immediately...

Have people forgotten how Jones lost his job with the Texans?

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 12:43 pm

He only fumbled 3 times yesturday guys. If it were 4 fumbles, then we'd have a problem Rolling Eyes

Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 1:06 pm

The worst FO move this season. I understand the knee jerk reaction for getting rid of Archer, but to replace him with Jacoby Jones knowing why he was released just doesn't make sense.

I'm glad we aren't putting AB back there though.

"It was time to go to the mattresses if you will" - Mike Tomlin

The worst tragedy in the world is running out of a pack of Luckies
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 1:09 pm

Most of the kicks were not returnable due to depth or hang time. The mishandled punt cant happen and the kickoff that he dropped while charging is because he was pressing to get a chance at a return.

All the gnashing of teeth by fans about a guy that didn't have many chances to return a kick is funny. He still needs to catch the punt and not hurt the team, but we all know he has been a productive kick returner in the league and has the capability.

Archer showed he is a "never will be", while Jones is making a case that he is a "has been". I'd still rather ride with Jones who I think still has a few returns left in the tank, than Archer who we all saw is not even able to return a punt.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 3:34 pm

Jacoby Jones Botches Encore Showing With Steelers

BY MATTHEW MARCZI NOVEMBER 16, 2015

Veteran return man Jacoby Jones, the Pittsburgh Steelers’ newest player, failed to return any of the three kickoffs that he saw during the game, and the one punt that he did ‘return’, of the four fielded, was in error.

As poor as the blocking schemes up front have been in the return game at times this season, which was a point that I emphasized in Jones’ debut with the Steelers a week ago, there is no denying that his roughing outing on this day was on him.

Jones fielded the opening kickoff in a way that strongly seemed to indicate that he misjudged the depth, being forced to reach above his head to bring in the ball about two thirds of the way into the end zone. While the rest of the return unit expected him to bring the ball out, he chose to take a knee.

His second attempt at a kickoff return came just six minutes later after the Browns were able to kick a field goal. The ball cut sharply to Jones’ right, and he chased it about 15 yards laterally, for some reason leaving his feet to attempt to field the ball.

He alligator-armed the attempt, which got into his chest and facemask and caused him to put the ball on the ground, forcing him to regather himself, then the ball, and cut his losses by settling for the touchback.

The Browns had to punt the ball for the first time on the first play of the second quarter. Andy Leebooting it 32 yards from the Steelers’ 42, Jones called for a fair catch at that spot, but spread his base too wide and let the ball bounce through his arms. He was fortunate to be able to recover it on his own rather than giving Cleveland the ball with first and goal to go.

Of the other three opportunities, Jones successfully fair caught two punts into the 15-yard line, a modest improvement and accomplishment considering how his day began, and he also let another punt bounce and be downed at Cleveland’s 47-yard line after Lee kicked from the back of his own end zone.

Jones’ third and final attempt to field a kickoff properly ended as poorly or worse as his first two attempts. On this occasion, the ball again pulled him sharply to his right, attempting to bring it out with a running start.

Instead, he allowed the ball to bounce off his chest. It rolled forward and hit the front pylon, which technically resulted in a touchback, but things could have been a lot worse, for example, if it had rolled out of bounds at the one-yard line.

To recap, in six touches, Jones put the ball on the ground three times, did not cleanly field another that forced him to take a touchback, and successfully fair caught the other two. The return unit had nothing to do with this. But the Steelers are not likely to dump him. He has the bye week to get himself sorted after finding himself in new surroundings in the middle of a season.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/11...with-steelers/
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 2:08 pm

Comment From Guest:

What did Jacoby Jones show this year that he was better than Dri Archer? Should we bring back DRI!!!?

Ed Bouchette: Give it up. Dri Archer was a wasted draft pick and as I wrote today, the rest of the NFL agrees since no one has signed him.

http://www.post-gazette.com/chat
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 2:14 pm

Every time someone posts on this thread, I keep hoping to see Jacoby Jones getting cut.

Seriously, waste of space. He's a crap WR and doesn't have it any more as a return man. Let wheaton have the duties
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:28 pm

Jets work out Dri Archer, others

Posted by Mike Florio on November 17, 2015

Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 Cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwzlmtmznji4ztgzzwziytqxngmwzwnlywjlnzniy2yw-e1447801515741

Former Steelers running back Dri Archer, a third-round pick in 2014, has yet to find a new home. On Tuesday, Archer got a chance to show another team what he can do.

Per a league source, the Jets worked out Archer.

Also getting workouts with the Jets were receiver Trindon Holliday, receiver Damaris Johnson, punter Casey Redfern, and a whopping seven kickers: Corey Acosta, Michael Barnard, Tommy Frevert, Andrew Furney, Zach Hocker, Marvin Kloss, and Giorgio Tavecchio.

PFT recently reported that Archer, who ran a 4.26-second 40 at the Scouting Combine, turned down an invitation to join the practice squads of 10 different teams, including the Steelers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/17/jets-work-out-dri-archer-others/
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:57 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Jets work out Dri Archer, others

Posted by Mike Florio on November 17, 2015

Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 Cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwzlmtmznji4ztgzzwziytqxngmwzwnlywjlnzniy2yw-e1447801515741

Former Steelers running back Dri Archer, a third-round pick in 2014, has yet to find a new home. On Tuesday, Archer got a chance to show another team what he can do.

Per a league source, the Jets worked out Archer.

Also getting workouts with the Jets were receiver Trindon Holliday, receiver Damaris Johnson, punter Casey Redfern, and a whopping seven kickers: Corey Acosta, Michael Barnard, Tommy Frevert, Andrew Furney, Zach Hocker, Marvin Kloss, and Giorgio Tavecchio.

PFT recently reported that Archer, who ran a 4.26-second 40 at the Scouting Combine, turned down an invitation to join the practice squads of 10 different teams, including the Steelers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/17/jets-work-out-dri-archer-others/

Good luck to Archer - guess he is not a practice squad kind of guy

Noted Jets had seven kickers workout - it took a while but IMO the Steelers appear to have gotten lucky so far with Boswell - just because Scobee was a train wreck was no guarantee the next man up also would not have been terrible
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 9:33 pm

Ah the Jets, where potential goes to die.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 12:18 am

lotas wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:

This is precisely how I feel now, too.

I wanted Archer gone as well, but it looks like our return game needs help, not just our returner. I don't think Jacoby Jones is the answer, and I don't think Dri Archer was the answer, either.

But seeing a new return man with our same special teams blocking just goes to show it's the unit as a whole that's the problem, not just the return man.

Does that mean we shouldn't have let Archer go? No, I don't think he was suited for that job, he was far too small and it was only a matter of time before he coughed up the ball getting smashed by a defender.

I haven't been a fan of these "washed up vet" pickups we've made the last couple years. Jacoby Jones, Michael Vick, Darrius Heyward-Bey, etc. it just doesn't feel Steeler-esque. We build teams from the ground up, not by moving a bunch of pieces around and throwing money at the washed up players no one else wanted to try to acquire skill.

Thats the new york yankees MO.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 12:21 am

tony hipchest wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

Why is everything "gay" with you?

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 1:02 pm

Jacoby Jones will return punts this week #Steelers

— Steelers Depot (@Steelersdepot) November 24, 2015
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 1:16 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

do you ever know what the hell you are talking about? Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 1505004552

. .
Back to top Go down
SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 1:36 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

This is an underappreciated comment.

Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 1797695198
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 4:00 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

do you ever know what the hell you are talking about? Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 1505004552

Usually.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 5:02 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

what's wrong about being happy? Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 1797695198
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 5:26 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

what's wrong about being happy? Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 1797695198

Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 2893009358

SteelerEmpire

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 4:00 am

If Jones drops any more balls during this Seattle game, a "qualified" replacements needs to be sought.
Hopefully Tomlin will not try to "hold on" to another struggling player, like he often does.

An awful FG kicker helped lose us several games, a kick returner could do the same. We've been through something like this already this year. Stop it.

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 10:24 pm

Jacoby Jones will be released this week...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer   Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Claim KR Jacoby Jones, Release Dri Archer
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next