Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNext Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns

Go down 
+19
stlrtruck
SteelerEmpire
FrancoLambert
SteelerSpartan
DesertSteel
jak341
SteelersYak
El-Gonzo Jackson
SteelersCanada
ImperialFan
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Steelcitian
Atlanta Dan
The_Joker
Fire Arians
HeinzMustard
lotas
SoCalFan
Hawaii 5-0
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns Empty
PostSubject: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 11:53 pm

Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns ClevelandSucks
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 12:37 am

Going to be real interesting! This will be the first game in a long time with no Ben and no Bell. I still feel real good about not losing 3 weeks in a row, beating the rayderz, stains and a bye.

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 7:26 am

The way our defense is making plays I fully believe we can win this game even without Ben. I don't think it will be easy, but the benefit of injuries like we've had this season is it forces other play makers to step up, and I feel confident in the range of players we have. Imagine if our team had been healthy up until this point, and we just lose our RB and next week our QB. We'd be panicking a lot more right now, but we have dealt with different offensive lineups all season, so we are well prepared in that area.

I think Bryant was still not feeling well (he was listed on the injury report last week with "illness" I believe), so I look for him to have a better game next week. It was great to see him really work for that 1st down, and also that TD was a thing of beauty. Great patience and vision. He is a GREAT player, he just needs to mature a bit and pickup on Brown's work ethic and humility. Whatever you do Martavis, don't be the next Mike Wallace ;)

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 10:24 am

Jets and Bills both have better conference records than the Steelers and are competing for a wild card spot. Steelers have to stack wins.. starting with the Browns. As far as I'm concerned... every game from here on out is a playoff game.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 10:44 am

I'll be wearing this next Sunday

Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns 1392029_10202036873461377_1883408007_n
Back to top Go down
The_Joker

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 10:48 am

Just in case we falter, which I really think we won't, Oakland has to go to Minny and the Jets and Bills will play each other, so there's something.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 12:44 pm

Post Steelers-Raiders thoughts

By Dale Lolley November 8, 2015

If Ben Roethlisberger was going to get hurt again this season – and the way things are going, why wouldn’t he? – he might have picked a good time to do it.

Cleveland comes to Pittsburgh next week with its horrid run defense and then the Steelers head into their bye week. After that, it’s off to Seattle.

The Steelers need to find a way to win next week against the Browns – perhaps they’ll break out the wishbone or spread option in honor of an all-Big 12 matchup of Landry Jones vs. Johnny Manziel.

If they can do that, there’s an off chance Roethlisberger will be ready to play against the Seahawks coming out of the bye. If not, at 6-4, the Steelers would have some leeway to allow him another week to heal up, though we all now know that he is 2-6 when coming back the first game after an injury.

If he sits against Seattle, his next opportunity to play would come Dec. 8 in a night game against Indianapolis.

Besides, if you’re going to lose a game at this point, one against Seattle, an NFC team hurts the least.

@ Watching that injury, I thought for sure Roethlisberger’s season was over.

to read rest of article:

http://www.observer-reporter.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20151108/BLOGS08/151109496
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 12:55 pm

Steelers open 4&1/2 to 5 point favorites

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

No word yet who starts at QB for the Browns.

As a dedicated student of the game, Manziel spent the weekend after the Thursday night game at Texas A&M

Johnny Manziel out and about at Texas A&M while Browns mull whether or not to start him vs. Steelers  

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/11/johnny_manziel_frolics_back_at.html
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 1:35 pm

If the defense makes Manziel look like Joe Montana, they should all quit.
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 1:41 pm

From the Browns Board:

these are rich lol:

Pit - 10
Cle - 31

That's all you need to know.

Sweet, we may be facing Landry Jones!!!

Steelers have starting center, starting running back and starting quarterback out.  
Now, we have a chance.  

Keep him in that HOT pocket Todd Haley and I'll throw you a freakin parade.  I love it!

They went Dr Frankensten on Ben Rapen-morethanonce in the sense they rewired a pocket escape improvise artist that rivaled Fran Tarkenton.

Ummm, thank you and so does the 2 rape victims we know about...

Awe Ben chubby Cheeks got em hurts awe

McCown will pummel the steelers back into reality.
Or maybe Manziel, somebody will do it though

The Stoolers defense is on par with ours, the Browns will kick there ass next week.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 2:24 pm

Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns 10451141_10205645558996260_8663786706537627598_n
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 2:42 pm

Steelcitian wrote:
From the Browns Board:

these are rich lol:

Pit - 10
Cle - 31

Steelers have starting center, starting running back and starting quarterback out.  
Now, we have a chance.  

Keep him in that HOT pocket Todd Haley and I'll throw you a freakin parade.  I love it!

They went Dr Frankensten on Ben Rapen-morethanonce in the sense they rewired a pocket escape improvise artist that rivaled Fran Tarkenton.

The Stoolers defense is on par with ours, the Browns will kick there ass next week.

Wow haha. Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns 798776511

You think such mediocrity for so long would be enough to humble their fanbase even if they're given a modicum of success. The really old school Browns Fans must not have been posting on their boards that day.

"Someone will beat The Steelers. McCown, maybe Manziel, maybe the water-boy." Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns 1797695198

Yeah. Lol. Carr had success because Carr was talented enough (with talented enough recievers) to pick up the Steelers blitz that had been mauling opponents weeks before. That lack of help in the coverage allowed him to take advantage of Blake, our weakest link. Carr will be a legitimate franchise QB. If the Browns fans even slightly think they have a QB that can do the same thing, well, definition of insanity. Neither Smith, nor Flacco, nor Dalton, nor Palmer had the same kind of success. Also, that 35 points was a product of the pace of the game, it was necessary, it wasnt them running up a lead but chasing a win from behind. McCown did nice in the beginning of the season. But if after three 300+ passing yard games, they still cant come to a consensus as to who their QB is, its because their QBs still suck. These are the Browns were talking about, coming to Heinz field. Apparently they didn't watch what D Will was able to do the Number 2 ranked rush defense either. They maybe need to backpeddle from 10 (WERE GONNA CRUSH THE STEELERS) to maybe a 5 (maybe because of the Steelers injuries we have a shot??)
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 4:38 pm

Even with Ben and Bell out we have more talent on the field than them. If theres one thing we learned the first time Ben was out is that we need SOMEONE that can get the ball to our receivers. I pray to God we don't start Vick, because then they really might beat us 31-10.

For all intents and purposes D-Wil is just as good as Bell based on his performance thus far this season. D-Will reminds me a little of Lynch, a little of Blunt. Hes a different typee of runner than Bell. I feel like D-wil is a bruiser with perhaps better breakaway speed than Bell. He had over 200 yards from scrimmage. So not having Bell really doesnt hurt us much. Bell is certainly more of a receiving threat but we have mister 300 yards from scrimmage Antonio Brown and Martavis Bryant who will no doubt go on to be a huge star in this league if he can behave.

on a side note I did some quick math and Brown and Williams combined for over 500 offensive yards.... WOW!!!!

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 4:49 pm

Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns IMG_2340110869921416_zpsneu9mmjb
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 5:43 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns IMG_2340110869921416_zpsneu9mmjb

Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns 1797695198
Back to top Go down
SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 5:45 pm

Steelcitian wrote:
From the Browns Board:

these are rich lol:

Pit - 10
Cle - 31

Now, we have a chance.  

Well written, coherent and witty.

You know, what we've come to expect from Browns fans.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 6:50 pm

I love the factory of sadness. Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns 3562723908

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBDMMVctu8
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm

A Cleveland Browns fan's Steelers Rant

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 9:06 pm

This game will essentially be one of two "Super Bowls" for the team and the fan base. The Steelers are more talented but they cannot play down to their competition.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 9:22 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
This game will essentially be one of two "Super Bowls" for the team and the fan base.  The Steelers are more talented but they cannot play down to their competition.

I think that Ben being out might actually work to our advantage. That way we aren't going to come into this game thinking we've already won and then completely blow it to a shitty team again. With Jones starting I think we are going to game plan a lot better and I think the players are going to know that they all have to step up and win this game because Ben and Bell aren't going to be there to do it for them. I hope D-Wil keeps up the good work on the ground and that Jones plays well enough not to lose the game. Jones needs to take care of the ball and make smart throws and let Brown and Bryant take it the distance.

Jones looked pretty good while he was in there yesterday and now hes got a little more regular season experience under his belt. He just can't be throwing picks. He throws 2-3 picks and we lose. The browns are not the chiefs, I don't think they are going to cause us too many problems, we just have to treat this game like its a play off game and play our best football, if we do that we win. That simple. I don't really think Johnny Manziel is any better than Landry Jones and otherwise the browns are over matched. We should still be able to win, but the way things have been going the last couple years you really don't know what to expect when we play a shit team.

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 9:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 9:41 am

LOL

"Big Been is out 1-2 weeks because he's too scared to play the Browns. People's feet hurt everyday and they show up for work :)"

PLEASE!

"You forget 99% of Steeler fans think if it doesn't say "Super Bowl" it's not a Championship. The History of the NFL started in 1970."

What sad sacks!
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 9:46 am

I honestly think that with Landry Jones starting, it still will be a Steelers win. We have seen that Landry can get the ball to AB and DW is a beast.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 10:08 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

That is fantastic!! Thanks for sharing. Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns 3562723908
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 11:36 am

We have games in cinci, in Seattle and we host Denver, we will be underdogs in all 3 of those games and assuming we win 1 of them we have to go undefeated otherwise. I see that as our most likely path to a 10-6 playoff berth

Last edited by ImperialFan on Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns   Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns Empty

Back to top Go down

Next Must Win: The Cleveland Clowns
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next