Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back

Go down 
+13
kirklandrules
SteelerEmpire
FanSince72
IowaSteeler927
DesertSteel
Hawaii 5-0
SteelCity4Life
ImperialFan
jak341
El-Gonzo Jackson
Fire Arians
LambertWardSteel
Atlanta Dan
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WCSteeler

Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back   Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 11:47 am

I hope Toussait has a hell of a game and makes the Bungals look terrible at home.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back   Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 12:02 pm

It's looking like hes going to be the guy. Make us proud Fitzy and add your name to Steeler lore.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back   Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 12:20 pm

If he becomes the next willie parker i'll be satisfied. otherwise, bust.

i kid of course, but hey it'd be nice Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back   Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 1:56 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
I liked back in 06 when parker would start the drive and the bus would finish it.

I liked it even more in the 90's when Dirt Dawson, John Jackson, Leon Searcy, Justin Strelczyk would start and finish the drive......Barry Foster and Merril Hoge just got to deliver the ball in the end zone.

I liked it even more in the 70's when Franco and Rocky marched down the field time after time.    

"Give the ball to Franco," was my mantra at that time.  Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 512807920
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back   Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 1:58 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Todman looks hands down way better. No fumbles in 4 seasons? thats great. Toussaint must have really turned it around for getting the start over Todman. It would just feel so much better with williams in there, I'd say we would win this game easy. If we can manage to steal a win in Cinci, then go to Denver with williams back we could stand a chance in that game. I expect the Patriots*** in the AFCCG if we make it there, I dont see KC or Houston beating them at home.. Maybe KC. So yeah going through Cinci, Denver, and New England, All on he road would be an amazing feet to accomplish.

I guess all we can go is go beat Cinci, then worry about Denver next week. I honestly don't know what would be worse playing in NE or playing in Arrowhead. Chiefs could be a sleeper team, they could beat the Patriots*** because they have a steller defense.

From all reports it sounds like the reason why Fitz is the guy is because he's good in pass protection, and we're a passing team. So having someone back there who can protect Ben with any sort of consistency is HUGE. The biggest knock on Todman is he's a decent playmaker, but is bad at pass blocking.

TBH what killed us vs baltimore last year was the inability of tate / archer to pick up blitzers (fumbles didnt help either). The team rides by Ben's performance, so I want the starter to be someone who won't get our QB killed back there. We've almost become a NE style of offense where the #1 job of the running back is to protect the QB and chip in the passing game. Then running the ball #3

Last edited by Fire Arians on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back   Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 2:02 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
I liked back in 06 when parker would start the drive and the bus would finish it.

I liked it even more in the 90's when Dirt Dawson, John Jackson, Leon Searcy, Justin Strelczyk would start and finish the drive......Barry Foster and Merril Hoge just got to deliver the ball in the end zone.

I liked it even more in the 70's when Franco and Rocky marched down the field time after time.    

"Give the ball to Franco," was my mantra at that time.  Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 512807920

You got me. I only saw the late 70's teams and by then the Blonde Bomber was doing a lot more than just handing off to Franco, but they still had a mauling O line. Even some of the later 80's trap game with Frank Pollard running was just awesome hand to hand combat in the trenches. That is football!!
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back   Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 2:06 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
Todman looks hands down way better. No fumbles in 4 seasons? thats great. Toussaint must have really turned it around for getting the start over Todman. It would just feel so much better with williams in there, I'd say we would win this game easy. If we can manage to steal a win in Cinci, then go to Denver with williams back we could stand a chance in that game. I expect the Patriots*** in the AFCCG if we make it there, I dont see KC or Houston beating them at home.. Maybe KC. So yeah going through Cinci, Denver, and New England, All on he road would be an amazing feet to accomplish.

I guess all we can go is go beat Cinci, then worry about Denver next week. I honestly don't know what would be worse playing in NE or playing in Arrowhead. Chiefs could be a sleeper team, they could beat the Patriots*** because they have a steller defense.

From all reports it sounds like the reason why Fitz is the guy is because he's good in pass protection, and we're a passing team. So having someone back there who can protect Ben with any sort of consistency is HUGE. The biggest knock on Todman is he's a decent playmaker, but is bad at pass blocking.

TBH what killed us vs baltimore last year was the inability of tate / archer to pick up blitzers (fumbles didnt help either). The team rides by Ben's performance, so I want the starter to be someone who won't get our QB killed back there.

If you have the Browns game recorded, watch Toussaint pickup the blitz on either the Brown TD in the seam (or else it was the Wheaton overthrow in the same corner of the end zone). Fitz is right of Ben, blitz comes from left side B gap and he comes over and stays with the block until the blitzer is on his back.

I watched that play and immediately noticed the pickup and "nasty finish". Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 2893009358
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back   Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 2:08 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
Todman looks hands down way better. No fumbles in 4 seasons? thats great. Toussaint must have really turned it around for getting the start over Todman. It would just feel so much better with williams in there, I'd say we would win this game easy. If we can manage to steal a win in Cinci, then go to Denver with williams back we could stand a chance in that game. I expect the Patriots***** in the AFCCG if we make it there, I dont see KC or Houston beating them at home.. Maybe KC. So yeah going through Cinci, Denver, and New England, All on he road would be an amazing feet to accomplish.

I guess all we can go is go beat Cinci, then worry about Denver next week. I honestly don't know what would be worse playing in NE or playing in Arrowhead. Chiefs could be a sleeper team, they could beat the Patriots***** because they have a steller defense.

TBH what killed us vs baltimore last year was the inability of tate / archer to pick up blitzers (fumbles didnt help either). The team rides by Ben's performance, so I want the starter to be someone who won't get our QB killed back there.

If you have the Browns game recorded, watch Toussaint pickup the blitz on either the Brown TD in the seam (or else it was the Wheaton overthrow in the same corner of the end zone).  Fitz is right of Ben, blitz comes from left side B gap and he comes over and stays with the block until the blitzer is on his back.

I watched that play and immediately noticed the pickup and "nasty finish".  Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 2893009358

Yup, despite the paltry rushing yards, I thought he had a strong game, he did a good job of keeping defenders out of Ben's face.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back   Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:59 am

Toussaint was more than adequate today. So too was Todman. Again I say a lot of that goes to the O line for stepping up.

Funny there was a tribute to Allen Toussaint today as well. Its Toussaint week!!!
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back   Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:03 am

Solid A's to both guys today. They showed a lot that I didn't really feel with Harris and Tate last year.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back   Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:07 am

I'm feeling awfully proud right now. Toussaint grew up about 10 minutes from where I live. I watched him play a couple games in high school, but I never thought too much about him after he went to Michigan (not Ohio State). The last Steelers player from my area (Anthony Smith) didn't work out too well, so I was silently hoping that Toussaint would represent the Y'Town area well. And he did. He didn't do anything spectacular, but he ran well and didn't turn the ball over. He, along with Todman, did all we could hope for. Kudos to both of them.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back   Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:14 am

Fantastic game by both. This team has been incredible this year winning with back ups.

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back   Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:14 am

Wallace108 wrote:
I'm feeling awfully proud right now. Toussaint grew up about 10 minutes from where I live. I watched him play a couple games in high school, but I never thought too much about him after he went to Michigan (not Ohio State). The last Steelers player from my area (Anthony Smith) didn't work out too well, so I was silently hoping that Toussaint would represent the Y'Town area well. And he did. He didn't do anything spectacular, but he ran well and didn't turn the ball over. He, along with Todman, did all we could hope for. Kudos to both of them.
I thought that catch he had was pretty nice. Gained over 20 yards and was a factor in our first scoring drive. I'm happy for him. I think he can be a nice piece of the offense. I liked what I saw out of Todman too. Todman actually kind of reminds me of Bell in that he's patient and a nice catcher out of the backfield. I mean both guys aren't as talented obviously but they showed tonight that they're reliable and I'm happy to have both on our team going forward.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back   Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:21 am

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
I thought that catch he had was pretty nice. Gained over 20 yards and was a factor in our first scoring drive. I'm happy for him. I think he can be a nice piece of the offense. I liked what I saw out of Todman too. Todman actually kind of reminds me of Bell in that he's patient and a nice catcher out of the backfield. I mean both guys aren't as talented obviously but they showed tonight that they're reliable and I'm happy to have both on our team going forward.

Not that it's a perfect comparison by any stretch of the imagination, but during the game I said to my son that the combination of Toussaint and Todman reminded me of the days of Bam Morris and Pegram.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back   Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tomlin - Toussaint likely will be Steelers' featured back
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2