Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeYou're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint

Go down 
+20
The_Joker
Buddha Bus
Atlanta Dan
DesertSteel
JonM229
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
vasteeler
pczach
Stryker
Hawaii 5-0
Wallace108
effyou515
Fire Arians
steelcrazy
El-Gonzo Jackson
FanSince72
SteelCity4Life
SteelerEmpire
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Steel Peon
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint Empty
PostSubject: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:12 pm

Everyone from Adrian Peterson, to Emmit Smith, to Jerome Bettis, to Franco Harris, to Marshall Faulk, to Terrell Davis, and to even Jim Brown has fumbled the ball at unfortunate times, and those guys were 1st string running backs. Toussaint may not be a 1st stringer, but he gave us a chance where we didn't have any, and I'd say he did a fine job of it, with several clutch plays that without which we're not even having this conversation. Don't be too hard on yourself Fitz, because our backs (so to speak) were already up against the wall, and we're all glad as hell you were here when we needed you.

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:18 pm

I like this post a lot. Props to Fitz. He shouldn't blame himself for the loss. Whereas we won as a team last week, we lost as one this week. I think Fitz did a solid job against a very good run D. Ware who is a great player just made a nice play. A very unfortunate fumble but chin up Fitz and congratulations on your first career TD.
Back to top Go down
SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:21 pm

When guys don't play consistently, they make the kind of mistake Toussaint did. Hell, he did score 6 of the few points we did have !

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:23 pm

Have to echo the same sentiment. It sucks, and I'm sure he felt it while he was on the sidelines. It was good to see Ben providing encouragement.

He certainly needs to be the guy behind D'Angelo. It's bad enough it had to come down to the 4th and 5th string guys, but they did pretty admirable jobs.

Still crazy that we lost Bell and Williams. Fate just hates our RB. It would be nice if Bell could just see the playoffs once. Damn rivals in our division taking our guys out...sans asshole Burfict.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint 1505004552
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:27 pm

SteelCity4Life wrote:
Have to echo the same sentiment. It sucks, and I'm sure he felt it while he was on the sidelines. It was good to see Ben providing encouragement.

He certainly needs to be the guy behind D'Angelo. It's bad enough it had to come down to the 4th and 5th string guys, but they did pretty admirable jobs.

Still crazy that we lost Bell and Williams. Fate just hates our RB. It would be nice if Bell could just see the playoffs once. Damn rivals in our division taking our guys out...sans asshole Burfict.
Yeah I loved seeing Ben talking to him. I hope he hangs in there. Williams isn't a young guy and while I fully expect him back next year, he's not part of the long term future of this team, Toussant I think can be. I really like the kid. I think he fights hard for every yard. I saw him make a few plays today that should have been loses into short gains that made it 2nd or 3rd and managable. I don't blame him for the loss at all. He played very admirably these past two weeks and made a great impression on me too.
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:31 pm

I think Fitz and Todman are a couple of diamonds in the rough.

If I can take anything good away from this season it's that all the injuries to the skill positions allowed us to see just WHO we had in the stable and we uncovered some real talent.

In fact in just a couple seasons, we have gone from a team with ONE good WR and ONE good RB to an embarrassment of riches.

We now have multiple WR's each capable of being good enough to draw double-coverage, we now have MULTIPLE RB's each with their own unique skill-sets that we (hopefully) can rotate and use in many diverse ways and we may have identified the next Heath Miller in Jesse James.

We also established that Landry Jones (though no Big Ben) is quite capable of running the team and I think Tomlin & Co. need to focus on improving his skills.

As for the Defense, yes we still need some work there, but they started to play much better as the season progressed and I think with a good training camp, a good pre-season, good health and maybe some help from the draft, we have everything we need to not just take a run at a SB, but to take multiple runs and truly become the team to beat.

So yeah, today sucked, but in the long run we gained so much in other ways that it makes this schizo season worth it.

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:33 pm

Look forward to him being in camp in Latrobe this summer. Good runner, solid in blitz pickup and good to have for depth IMO, but never gonna be a feature back IMO.
Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:52 pm

never in my life have I been able to say a Steelers RB is from my high school (Liberty High School) !!!..yeah he fumbled but you still represented the Liberty Leopards Fitzy!!!!...LEOPARD PRIDE!!

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:56 pm

steelcrazy wrote:
never in my life have I been able to say a Steelers RB is from my high school  (Liberty High School) !!!..yeah he fumbled but you still represented the Liberty Leopards Fitzy!!!!...LEOPARD PRIDE!!
That's very cool. I don't know if we've even had people from mine make the NFL. Not really a good program. You should be proud of your fellow alum. I really liked what I saw out of him. He messed up yes but he played admirably in a tough spot.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:56 pm

One year vet minimum You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint 1797695198
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:00 pm

I watched him block the right blitzer the o-line couldn't and his hands catching the ball out of the backfield with the run after the catch in the Bengals game and the vision he has as a runner.

hey he effed up but he did a lot more to keep the offense going the fumble just happen at the wrong time.

he was picking up the blitzes who didn't lay a hand on Ben in the Bengals game catching the ball out of the backfield with the sweet run after the catch can't say enough about his vision as a RB.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:02 pm

It would be kind of neat I have to admit having a MSU guy as the starter and a UM guy as his backup. I have no real ties to the state of Michigan but that's kind of neat in a way.
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:04 pm

Just saw these posted over at Steelers Universe:

katmandu wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000624684/article/big-ben-we-wouldnt-be-here-if-it-wasnt-for-Toussaint

86WARD wrote:
https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib/status/688922810140344320

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:09 pm

Steel Peon wrote:

katmandu wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000624684/article/big-ben-we-wouldnt-be-here-if-it-wasnt-for-Toussaint

86WARD wrote:
I have to say this makes me proud of to be a fan of this team. Nice to see that Art Rooney II also took time to talk with the kid. Nice to know that Art II seems to be cut from the same cloth as his father and grandfather. We really are fortunate to have a classy bunch of players, coaches, and ownership. I know it sounds silly to you guys but when I started following football and first noticed the Steelers, one thing my grandpa (a Johnstown native) said to me that stood out was how the Rooneys treated their players. We didn't win this one but if this team can stay healthy, I think we'll be legitimate contenders. Watch out AFC.
Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:14 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
steelcrazy wrote:
never in my life have I been able to say a Steelers RB is from my high school  (Liberty High School) !!!..yeah he fumbled but you still represented the Liberty Leopards Fitzy!!!!...LEOPARD PRIDE!!
That's very cool. I don't know if we've even had people from mine make the NFL. Not really a good program. You should be proud of your fellow alum. I really liked what I saw out of him. He messed up yes but he played admirably in a tough spot.
For sure I'm proud...you'd have to understand LHS isn't exactly known for football...I played from 90-93 and our best record was 6-4 (we kinda sucked)..and I hated seeing him play for the team up north..but hell yeah I'm proud

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:18 pm

Steel Peon wrote:

katmandu wrote:

86WARD wrote:

The Chief talking to Fitzgerald "your a good man don't let one mistake (this part I don't know)
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:40 pm

steelcrazy wrote:

I'm from your neck of the woods. Former Steeler Anthony Smith went to my high school (Hubbard). I got to watch him play in high school, and he played like a man among boys. His NFL career fizzled, but it was neat (even for a short while) being able to root for someone from my high school playing for the Steelers. I was happy that Smith at least got an opportunity, and I'm also happy that Fitz got one as well. Mahoning Valley pride.
-------------------------------------

On another note, I love all the positive posts in this thread. Losing sucks, under any circumstance, but I think the Steelers can hold their heads high. Very few people outside of Steeler Nation thought they had a chance in this game, but they played with a lot of heart and had a shot to win it. They came up short, but they have absolutely nothing to be ashamed about.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
steelcrazy wrote:

I'm from your neck of the woods. Former Steeler Anthony Smith went to my high school (Hubbard). I got to watch him play in high school, and he played like a man among boys. His NFL career fizzled, but it was neat (even for a short while) being able to root for someone from my high school playing for the Steelers. I was happy that Smith at least got an opportunity, and I'm also happy that Fitz got one as well. Mahoning Valley pride.

On another note, I love all the positive posts in this thread. Losing sucks, under any circumstance, but I think the Steelers can hold their heads high. Very few people outside of Steeler Nation thought they had a chance in this game, but they played with a lot of heart and had a shot to win it. They came up short, but they have absolutely nothing to be ashamed about.
yep Wally..I feel fortunate to live in a Highschool rich area...believe it or not I was in California a number of years ago and when I told people there I was from the Younstown area they'd say "oh yeah.. the Steel Valley Conference"..not kidding

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 12:50 am

Aditi Kinkhabwala ✔@AKinkhabwala

Art Rooney walking through locker room, shaking hands w/ every Steeler. Spends extra minute w/ RB Fitz Toussaint.
Back to top Go down
Stryker

Stryker

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 1:31 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Aditi Kinkhabwala ✔@AKinkhabwala

Art Rooney walking through locker room, shaking hands w/ every Steeler. Spends extra minute w/ RB Fitz Toussaint.

Asked Fitz Toussaint what Steelers owner Art Rooney said to him. "He told me to keep my head up," the RB said.

"It was time to go to the mattresses if you will" - Mike Tomlin

The worst tragedy in the world is running out of a pack of Luckies
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:12 am

Wallace108 wrote:
steelcrazy wrote:

I'm related to a safety named Bo Orlando that played for the Steelers in 1998. That was extremely cool.

He's a cousin on my mother's side of the family. He played at West Virginia, was drafted by the Houston Oilers, where he played for 5 years. He played one year with the Chargers, then played two years with the Bengals. He got picked up by the Steelers in 1998. He only played one year in Pittsburgh, but it was a very cool feeling knowing that someone in the gene pool played for the Steelers!

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 9:26 am

man, you guys surprise me. I came in here wanting to blast the guy (JUST HOLD ON TO THE FUCKING BALL) but you guys have turned my thinking around. I never thought I would be the irrational one. Thanks for helping me to see the light You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint 230572241

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 9:41 am

vasteeler wrote:
man, you guys surprise me. I came in here wanting to blast the guy (JUST HOLD ON TO THE FUCKING BALL) but you guys have turned my thinking around. I never thought I would be the irrational one. Thanks for helping me to see the light You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint 230572241

I always tell people that we've all done at least one thing (many things) that we wish we could take back or do over and Fitz is no different.

When he went back to the bench I could tell he was heartbroken and I really felt sorry for him.
He didn't blame anyone he didn't point any fingers and he even credited Denver for making a great play -- he owned it and took it like a man and that speaks volumes about who he is.

He's in the early stages of what I think could be a great career and as Bobby Jones famously said: "We learn far more from our failures than we ever could from our successes" and for Fitz it was a tough lesson, but one I'm sure he'll never forget.

There's no need to bash Fitz as I'm sure he's been bashing himself since it happened.

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 10:01 am

pczach wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
steelcrazy wrote:

I'm related to a safety named Bo Orlando that played for the Steelers in 1998. That was extremely cool.

He's a cousin on my mother's side of the family.  He played at West Virginia, was drafted by the Houston Oilers, where he played for 5 years. He played one year with the Chargers, then played two years with the Bengals. He got picked up by the Steelers in 1998. He only played one year in Pittsburgh, but it was a very cool feeling knowing that someone in the gene pool played for the Steelers!
I think it's very cool to have a NFL relative. Not any NFL or any any sort of pro athletes in my family that I know of. My grandfather told me that his brother had the talent to make the majors as a pitcher but threw his arm out. Unfortunately, I didn't know any of his extended family so I never could find out if that one was just a proud baby brother exageratting his older brother's exploits on the diamond. The Rooneys I think though are from the same part of Pittsburgh that my dad's parents were so maybe the Chief had some run ins with some of my older great aunts and uncles in those days. Funnily enough, the Rooneys are from the same county in Ireland that some of my Irish relatives were from.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 10:54 am

The whole team seems to be up on Fitz. Maybe we will keep him on the depth chart. I hope we continue with D Will, he can still get that ring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint   You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint Empty

Back to top Go down

You're a good back Fitzgerald Toussaint
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next