Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHeyward impressive in first appearance Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Heyward impressive in first appearance

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Heyward impressive in first appearance Empty
PostSubject: Heyward impressive in first appearance   Heyward impressive in first appearance EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 3:32 am

Saturday, August 13, 2011
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

LANDOVER, Md. -- Defensive line coach John Mitchell probably would rather have a tax audit than pronounce a rookie ready to play in the National Football League.

And that probably isn't going to change anytime soon, either, even if the rookie happens to be the team's No. 1 draft choice.

Mitchell acknowledged earlier this week that defensive end Cameron Heyward, the Steelers' No. 1 draft choice from Ohio State, was "right where a rookie should be -- trying to learn everything" after two weeks of training camp. But he also said he will have to "wait and see" how Heyward performs in a game.

Mitchell got a pretty good indication in a 16-7 preseason loss Friday night to the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field -- and it might cause him to alter his assessment.

Even if Heyward's assessment of his performance wasn't very good.

"Terrible," Heyward said when asked how he played in his first NFL preseason game. "Individually, not good at all. I thought I screwed up a couple plays. I expect a lot out of myself."

Heyward might be overly hard on himself.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11225/1167228-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1UtMwZ7aR

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Heyward impressive in first appearance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heyward impressive in first appearance   Heyward impressive in first appearance EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 10:31 am

Yes. Heyward, Brown and Redman were the only ones that looked really good to me of what I saw.

Back to top Go down

Heyward impressive in first appearance
Page 1 of 1