Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.

Go down 
+6
WCSteeler
SoCalFan
pczach
Fire Arians
Hawaii 5-0
El-Gonzo Jackson
10 posters
AuthorMessage
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. Empty
PostSubject: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 7:15 pm

Great audio on the Rusillo show today with Steve Smith and what Mitchell said and why Smith says he is on his list and will hunt him next year. Start listening around the 5:05 mark.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=14530854

Honestly, I understand why Smith feels how he does and it will be interesting the next time they play.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 7:35 pm

you mean the Steve Smith who has twice had physical altercations with his own teammates?

let he who is without sin cast the first stone...
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 7:41 pm

he needs to worry about getting his ass knocked out by timmons again, ice up that achilles son

for all we know his injury could be career ending, Ive never seen a skill position player ever come back the same from an achilles injury
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 7:45 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
you mean the Steve Smith who has twice had physical altercations with his own teammates?

Listen to the audio. Then judge.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 7:47 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Listen to the audio.  Then judge.

i'd rather just go straight to judging, i don't give a crap about steve smith, nor do i like him
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 8:12 pm

I heard the show today, and listened to his comments. This is Steve Smith's side of what was said. He has a history of creating shit in his own head to motivate himself. It's who he is. He himself said he tried to walk it off. Mitchell probably had no idea he was severely injured, and was talking up his teammates that made the play and actually laid the hit on him.

I don't believe anything I hear from Steve Smith.....I mean Sucker Punch Steve Smith.

All this tough talk about what he would do at Disney World.....or Disneyland.....or whatever else he was talking about. He has always been a man that has created conflict where none exists.

Screw him. Little bad man with a bad attitude. His act is so old it's ridiculous.

Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. Badass_f393d5_204587

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 8:28 pm

pczach wrote:
I heard the show today, and listened to his comments. This is Steve Smith's side of what was said. He has a history of creating shit in his own head to motivate himself. It's who he is. He himself said he tried to walk it off. Mitchell probably had no idea he was severely injured, and was talking up his teammates that made the play and actually laid the hit on him.

I don't believe anything I hear from Steve Smith.....I mean Sucker Punch Steve Smith.

All this tough talk about what he would do at Disney World.....or Disneyland.....or whatever else he was talking about. He has always been a man that has created conflict where none exists.

Screw him. Little bad man with a bad attitude. His act is so old it's ridiculous.

Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. Badass_f393d5_204587

I could give a Ratbird's ass what Steve "I Sucker Punch my own teammates" Smith's side of the story or version of events are...
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 8:53 pm

Go ahead and hate.

I thought it was interesting. To me Smith is like Jerry Stackhouse, Gregg Lloyd or Tony Allen...all guys that wont hesitate to fight you if you wrong them. The part about having words(fighting) at Disneyworld at Space Mountain was funny.

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 9:22 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Go ahead and hate.  

I don't hate him, that's a pretty strong word.

it's just that there are always two sides to a story, and all Steve Smith has done is to tell his side of it...
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 9:23 pm

Only thing I like about Steve Smith is he went to a junior college in my area, Santa Monica college and his teammate there was Chad Johnson, yup 2 NFL top receivers at a JC at the same time! He is a fiery snappy guy that has a great work ethic, BUT he has turned into one of the biggest ASSES in the league!

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 9:39 pm

SoCalFan wrote:
Only thing I like about Steve Smith is he went to a junior college in my area, Santa Monica college and his teammate there was Chad Johnson, yup 2 NFL top receivers at a JC at the same time! He is a fiery snappy guy that has a great work ethic, BUT he has turned into one of the biggest ASSES in the league!

Steve Smith has been an ASS for many years now:

STEVE SMITH VS. HIS TEAMMATES

Let’s get this out of the way first: Steve Smith beat the crap out of three of his teammates. In 2002 he got in a fight with fellow receiver Guilian Gary. Later that same year, he broke the nose of another receiver, Anthony Bright, during a film session. He was charged with assault for that altercation. Five years later, he again broke a teammate’s nose; this time it was cornerback Ken Lucas.

The account of the Bright fight is pretty horrifying, with reports suggesting that Smith became enraged with Bright after the practice squad player asked for a play to be shown again, and then jumped him after the lights were turned out during a film session (“all hell broke loose”). Bright wound up suing Smith in 2004, claiming that the fight ruined his NFL career.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/steve-smith-vs-the-world/
Back to top Go down
WCSteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 9:54 pm

Steve Smith is a punk. Mike Mitchell is a punk as well, let's not let the fact the Mitchell wears the Black and Gold keep us from remembering how many idiotic, unnecessary Personal foul penalties this man has drawn because he cannot control his emotions. These guys are more alike than we would like to admit.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 10:44 pm

WCSteeler wrote:
Steve Smith is a punk. Mike Mitchell is a punk as well

I agree with both of these statements.

believe me, I'm not defending Mitchell at all. it's just that Steve Smith is far from perfect, for him to come out and declare another NFL player is on his permanent "hit list" is just a punk ass move imo...
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 11:51 pm

WCSteeler wrote:
Steve Smith is a punk. Mike Mitchell is a punk as well, let's not let the fact the Mitchell wears the Black and Gold keep us from remembering how many idiotic, unnecessary Personal foul penalties this man has drawn because he cannot control his emotions. These guys are more alike than we would like to admit.

And yet Mike Mitchell doesn't have a history of assaulting teammates or anyone else for that matter. Especially when you consider that it is Smith that is the one running his mouth. You know, Steve Smith, the guy that has a history of not just fighting people, but jumping them with little or no provocation, and cheap shotting them and trying to beat them senseless when they aren't in a position to defend themselves.

It's who this guy is. Let's not confuse what anyone here is saying. There is a difference between picking up some personal fouls on a football field, and literally having a history of ambushing and assaulting people, including fellow teammates. A coward that talks tough and attacks others when they least expect it off the field of play and not in the heat of battle. There is a huge difference.

Mike Mitchell has done nothing to make me put him in Steve Smith's class.

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 12:03 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Go ahead and hate.  

I thought it was interesting.  To me Smith is like Jerry Stackhouse, Gregg Lloyd or Tony Allen...all guys that wont hesitate to fight you if you wrong them.  The part about having words(fighting) at Disneyworld at Space Mountain was funny.

The problem is that Smith will fight people whether they wrong him or not. He has made a habit of creating imaginary slights or wrongs on the field to fuel his fire.

Don't misunderstand. I like fight and fire in a player. It's just that he is constantly talking, threatening, and then acting out. He stalks the sideline with his angry act every game. It's how he is wired.

If that's all he did......If he only acted out on the field.......I would have no problem with him. I wouldn't feel the way I do about him and the way he conducts himself. It's what he does outside the game that makes him a punk.

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 12:34 am

pczach wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Go ahead and hate.  

I thought it was interesting.  To me Smith is like Jerry Stackhouse, Gregg Lloyd or Tony Allen...all guys that wont hesitate to fight you if you wrong them.  The part about having words(fighting) at Disneyworld at Space Mountain was funny.

The problem is that Smith will fight people whether they wrong him or not. He has made a habit of creating imaginary slights or wrongs on the field to fuel his fire.

Don't misunderstand. I like fight and fire in a player. It's just that he is constantly talking, threatening, and then acting out. He stalks the sideline with his angry act every game. It's how he is wired.

If that's all he did......If he only acted out on the field.......I would have no problem with him.  I wouldn't feel the way I do about him and the way he conducts himself. It's what he does outside the game that makes him a punk.

I've heard a few interviews with Smith and I like his background and achievement. From a kid growing up poor in Compton, raised by a single mother, cited as too small to be a success. He's done well and its by having that constant brick on his shoulder. He's no poser, he has fought for everything he has and unlike some, he will back up his tough talk. Yes, he's taken it too far sometimes, but if I was in a fight I take guys like Smith, Jerry Stackhouse, Tony Allen over pretend tough guys like Burfict, Kevin Garnett or Pacman Jones.

Maybe I can relate, because I had instances where guys took shots at me and said "my bad" and I've done it myself and never mean to hurt the good guys in sports. I've never celebrated hurting another guy and I took note of those that wronged me. But, the guy that kidney punched me in a pile....I cut block at the knees 2 plays later. An eye for an eye, that's how it should work, just like old time hockey.

I liked Smith as a Panther, but anybody that wears purple I don't like. I just thought it was an interesting bit of radio and if somebody asked my advice in a career, then a year later taunted me at the low point of my career...I would get mine. Been there, done that.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 12:35 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Go ahead and hate.  

I thought it was interesting.  To me Smith is like Jerry Stackhouse, Gregg Lloyd or Tony Allen...all guys that wont hesitate to fight you if you wrong them.  

I don't recall Jerry Stackhouse, Gregg Lloyd or Tony Allen ever getting into fist fights with their own teammates...
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 1:27 am

Mike Mitchell is a fiery guy that leaves it out on the field. No different than guys like Joe Greene, or Jack Lambert, Greg Lloyd, Joey Porter, or James Harrison. Last I heard Mitchell hasn't assaulted any of his own teammates. He talks trash, and plays the mental game with his opponents, it's a perfect strategy against a goon with little big man syndrome like Steve Smith who feeds right into it, instead of blowing it off. I'm sick of Stevie's little big man act, and the media always constantly acting as if the guy has something to prove still. It's a ridiculous narrative, that might have held water earlier in his career, but it doesn't anymore... But Steve Smith is still living in a fantasy world where everyone is telling him he's too small to play in the NFL. Dude revels in believing everyone is out to get him. Doesn't help that he's a thug that has no issue injuring guys wearing the same uniform as him. It's one thing to get into a scuffle with a teammate, but to actually assault someone... That's ridiculous. To openly admit you have a hit list, even more childish behavior. He should've been fined for those comments alone, especially in light of Bountygate with the Saints.

I hope Steve Smith gets lit up again next year. I love nothing more than watching a thug, get his just desserts.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
lotas

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 8:10 am

When I see Steve Smith, I see a kid at an elementary school on the playground getting picked last because he's so short, or insert any narrative of the small kid getting punked on. While I sympathize with getting punked on, the problem with Steve Smith is he never evolved, matured, or adapted, he stayed in that same 9 year old skin, looking at everyone like they are against him (apparently even his fellow teammates) and always out to show he has something to prove. Like a punk ass 9 year old kid.

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 8:44 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Mike Mitchell is a fiery guy that leaves it out on the field. No different than guys like Joe Greene, or Jack Lambert, Greg Lloyd, Joey Porter, or James Harrison. Last I heard Mitchell hasn't assaulted any of his own teammates. He talks trash, and plays the mental game with his opponents, it's a perfect strategy against a goon with little big man syndrome like Steve Smith who feeds right into it, instead of blowing it off. I'm sick of Stevie's little big man act, and the media always constantly acting as if the guy has something to prove still. It's a ridiculous narrative, that might have held water earlier in his career, but it doesn't anymore... But Steve Smith is still living in a fantasy world where everyone is telling him he's too small to play in the NFL. Dude revels in believing everyone is out to get him. Doesn't help that he's a thug that has no issue injuring guys wearing the same uniform as him. It's one thing to get into a scuffle with a teammate, but to actually assault someone... That's ridiculous. To openly admit you have a hit list, even more childish behavior. He should've been fined for those comments alone, especially in light of Bountygate with the Saints.

I hope Steve Smith gets lit up again next year. I love nothing more than watching a thug, get his just desserts.

Mitchell is fiery, I'll give you that.  But to lump him in with the all-pros you mentioned is a bit of a stretch.
They played at a much higher level than Mitchell ever has.  Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. 2087824411
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 8:49 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
pczach wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Go ahead and hate.  

If that's all he did......If he only acted out on the field.......I would have no problem with him.  I wouldn't feel the way I do about him and the way he conducts himself. It's what he does outside the game that makes him a punk.

I've heard a few interviews with Smith and I like his background and achievement.  From a kid growing up poor in Compton, raised by a single mother, cited as too small to be a success.  He's done well and its by having that constant brick on his shoulder.  He's no poser, he has fought for everything he has and unlike some, he will back up his tough talk.  Yes, he's taken it too far sometimes, but if I was in a fight I take guys like Smith, Jerry Stackhouse, Tony Allen over pretend tough guys like Burfict, Kevin Garnett or Pacman Jones.

Maybe I can relate, because I had instances where guys took shots at me and said "my bad" and I've done it myself and never mean to hurt the good guys in sports.  I've never celebrated hurting another guy and I took note of those that wronged me.  But, the guy that kidney punched me in a pile....I cut block at the knees 2 plays later.  An eye for an eye, that's how it should work, just like old time hockey.

I liked Smith as a Panther, but anybody that wears purple I don't like.  I just thought it was an interesting bit of radio and if somebody asked my advice in a career, then a year later taunted me at the low point of my career...I would get mine.  Been there, done that.

I understand how you feel. I always had an edge. I was never a big guy, so I always had to prove myself from a young age. I fought anyone and everyone that tried to put me down or tell me how it is. I completely understand the mindset he plays with. I understand it, because I lived it and have always had it myself.

There is no doubt that there are always going to be players or people that deserve all the shit that comes their way. I never tried to injure anyone on the field, but in the heat of battle, things do happen.

The difference with Smith and people like him is that at times he becomes the person that he claims to despise. In life, there is nothing worse than a bully. I hate anyone that bullies another person. I have felt like that my entire life. I would never back down to anyone, and in fact, would jump in to fight someone else's battle if they couldn't do it themselves. That's just how I'm built.

I've told my two sons over the years that I would always back them if someone was bullying them at school. I told them that they should avoid it if they can and try to reason with people. But if that didn't word, that they should defend themselves rather than taking shit from others, and that they should stand up for and try to help those that can't help themselves.

I've also told them that if I ever found out they were bullying someone else that I would beat the shit out of them myself, and that I would never tolerate it.....never. Abusing others to make you feel more powerful doesn't make you a man, it makes you less of a man.

That's why I feel the way I do about Smith and the way he has jumped other people and assaulted them. I understand his pride and toughness, but that isn't what he is acting out on when he attacks people when they are least expecting it. He is being exactly what people like me hate in other people.

I'm just trying to explain that there is a line that shouldn't be crossed, or you become what you despise.

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 10:51 am

FrancoLambert wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Mitchell is fiery, I'll give you that.  But to lump him in with the all-pros you mentioned is a bit of a stretch.
They played at a much higher level than Mitchell ever has.  Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. 2087824411

Agreed. I see Mitchell as a guy that over celebrates plays he should have made, so somebody thinks he is doing something really special. Like the kid in highschool basketball that makes a nice drive to the hoop and scores, but then talks it up like there is a camera on him and finishes the game with only 3 points.

Mitchell is more sizzle than steak. Lambert, Greene, Porter, Lloyd, Harrison's play all spoke louder than their voices.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 3:22 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Not saying he's at their level of play, but he brings that kind of nasty attitude to our defense. He's actually been pretty good this season.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 3:44 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Not saying he's at their level of play, but he brings that kind of nasty attitude to our defense. He's actually been pretty good this season.
I think he struggled last year since he was injured and also adjusting to a new playbook. I don't know if he'll end up being as good as Ryan Clark was but Mitchell is a decent piece.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.   Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list. Empty

Back to top Go down

Steve Smith on why Mike Mitchell is on his hit list.
Page 1 of 1