Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeLet's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Let's have an unbiased discussion...

Go down 
+22
ImperialFan
IowaSteeler927
respect4steelers
pczach
El-Gonzo Jackson
stlrtruck
LambertWardSteel
SteelCityUnderground
Vis
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Fire Arians
Atlanta Dan
kirklandrules
OX1947
QueenstownPa
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
JonM229
DesertSteel
FanSince72
Rhyno
harrison'samonster
dave n'at
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Vis

Vis

Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 12:35 pm

Porter should have been flagged as should every other coach on the field

Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 CYYL4dWUMAEPgbT

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 12:47 pm

Vis wrote:

Joey Porter has become the lightning rod for Cincy fans claiming Burfict and PacMan were singled out - this from a Cincy writer

It has been reported that the Steelers gave Joey Porter a game ball. If that’s the case, hey, stay classy Steelers.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/blogs/daugherty-blog/2016/01/11/mourning-line-111/78623704/

I would highly recommend reading the linked column to anyone interested in the extent of the despair and disgust among Bengals fans

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 12:50 pm

Vis wrote:

That's all medical personnel. Nothing to see here, move along sir.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
QueenstownPa
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 12:50 pm

Vis wrote:

While this may not be a picture from the exact moment in question, and some of those highlighted may not in fact be coaches, there are numerous coaches and staff on the field during EVERY potentially bad injury.

IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL! EVER!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 12:51 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Vis wrote:

That's all medical personnel.  Nothing to see here, move along sir.

thats 9 coaches, 135 yard penalty, automatic first down Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 12:52 pm

QueenstownPa wrote:
While this may not be a picture from the exact moment in question, and some of those highlighted may not in fact be coaches, there are numerous coaches and staff on the field during EVERY potentially bad injury.

IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL!  EVER!

It's definitely NOT the bengals training staff. Why would the other teams' training staff be on the field if it's our player who's down?
Back to top Go down
QueenstownPa
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 12:54 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
QueenstownPa wrote:

It's definitely NOT the bengals training staff. Why would the other teams' training staff be on the field if it's our player who's down?

The point is not "who" it is or isn't. The point is that it happens ALL THE TIME AND IS A NON-ISSUE!
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 12:57 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
QueenstownPa wrote:

Steelers sent their trainer out once at Heinz when a Pat was injured and Belichick ordered him away

New England coach Bill Belichick ordered Pittsburgh Steelers trainer John Norwig off the field when Norwig asked if medical help was needed for injured Patriots** tackle Matt Light during Sunday's game.

As Light lay on the Heinz Field turf with an apparently serious right leg injury during the second quarter of New England's 23-20 victory, Norwig came onto the field to offer help. (Related story: Patriots** Steel win)

That prompted Belichick, who cautiously guards all injury information, to emphatically order the trainer off the field. Light later left the stadium with a cast on his leg.

NFL trainers normally treat only their own players but will offer their assistance during a serious injury, especially when it involves a visiting team player. Most teams have larger medical staffs for home games than for road games.

Belichick also may have been upset because Steelers coach Bill Cowher went onto the field to offer condolences to Patriots** safety Rodney Harrison after he badly injured a knee earlier in the game

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/steelers/2005-09-26-belichick-clock_x.htm

The president of the pro football athletic trainers society expressed surprise yesterday that any NFL coach would rudely chase off a trainer offering aid to a seriously injured player on a football field.

"It's a common courtesy for the home team," said Steve Antonopulous, the trainer for the Denver Broncos who heads the NFL group...

"If a player goes down on the field and is there for a little bit or has a recognizable serious injury, the home trainer will go to that area of the field to offer his assistance," Antonopulous said. "That's a common courtesy. That's something each of us does. It helps the situation as it is on the field to expedite the medical care of the individual -- expedites getting the cart on the field, paramedics if needed, if they need to be transported off the field."

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2005/09/28/Steelers-Notebook-NFL-trainer-says-Belichick-s-act-uncommon/stories/200509280211

Given that Brown potentially took a Daryl Stingley type hit that looked like the type of situation where the home team trainer would be expected to assist if necessary
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 1:37 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 Gio.0

Shazier's tackle was a textbook tackle
, he stuck and wrapped up, it's not like he left his feet and launched into him. Yes it was a hard tackle, but a dirty one, no. If anything it's Bernard's fault he got smashed, he hesitated when he saw shazier coming, and well, if you're just standing there when a 240 lb guy with 4.4 speed is running at you, well, you see what happens.

It definitely wasn't a textbook tackle. A tackler is coached from small fry to the NFL to keep their head up. As a tackler, you should never be looking at your feet. There should never be contact with the top of your helmet ... that's a great way to break your neck.

Other than that, he did a great job on the tackle.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 1:41 pm

QueenstownPa wrote:

People are fascinated with Peezy being on the field.  
1. There were numerous coaches on the field.
2. This happens in virtually every game where a player is badly hurt.
3. Peezy was intentionally bumped by a Bengal player.

PICK A PARTICULAR SNOWFLAKE TO BLAME FOR YOUR DRIVEWAY NEEDING SHOVELED!

Joey Porter spends so much time in the Bengals' heads he should pay rent

Monday, Bengals tackle Andrew Whitworth shared some of his feelings on Porter and his actions.

“I respect the Steelers and Coach Tomlin, but Joey Porter I don’t respect,” Whitworth told reporters Monday. “No class.”

Whitworth is a Bengals captain, a longtime leader and go-to for locker room reporters on all matters. Though it wasn’t quite the tirade Pacman Jones had after the game, Whitworth had strong words for Porter.

“His unprofessionalism,” Whitworth said, “is ridiculous.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/11/whitworth-i-respect-steelers-but-not-joey-porter/
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 1:43 pm

You know what's textbook? Steelers winning and Bengals losing in the playoffs. I hope the Bengals never see the playoffs for the next 5 years because of this. Burfict needs to be destroyed especially.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 1:50 pm

OX1947 wrote:
You know what's textbook? Steelers winning and Bengals losing in the playoffs. I hope the Bengals never see the playoffs for the next 5 years because of this. Burfict needs to be destroyed especially.
I really wouldn't be surprised if this loss begins a playoff drought for them. They're going to lose some parts and it appeared a lot of players on the team blamed Lewis for the loss. What I'm hoping happens is they lose Jackson to another team so they lose a sort of HC in waiting. I don't feel bad for Cincy or their fans at all. Mike Brown has always been okay with guys like Burfict on his team and Lewis has always looked the other way. And then you have their fans who threw trash and cheered as Ben was hurt and then the one asshole who hoped AB was dead. Fuck Cincy.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 1:55 pm

Well gents, I took some time and compiled some info... I'm surprised the Bryant catch remained, since AB trapped a ball to his hip 2 weeks earlier, called a TD on the field and it was taken away.

But aside from that, is everyone's SHORT MEMORY of a legal "clean" hit that knocked Le'Veon Bell out of the Ravens game on Thanksgiving night. After a Cleveland fan was so gracious to send me a video of Harrison knocking Josh Cribbs into next year, I was quick to send the Bell clip back as rebuttal, with no further comment!

The rest of my thoughts on this dirty game are highlighted on my site, along with a clip of the Bell hit I found on YouTube.

Analyzing The Ugliest Football Game I've Ever Seen - http://www.steelcityunderground.com/2016/01/11/analyzing-the-ugliest-football-game-ive-ever-seen/

http://steelcityunderground.com
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 2:13 pm

SteelCityUnderground wrote:
Well gents, I took some time and compiled some info... I'm surprised the Bryant catch remained, since AB trapped a ball to his hip 2 weeks earlier, called a TD on the field and it was taken away.

But aside from that, is everyone's SHORT MEMORY of a legal "clean" hit that knocked Le'Veon Bell out of the Ravens game on Thanksgiving night. After a Cleveland fan was so gracious to send me a video of Harrison knocking Josh Cribbs into next year, I was quick to send the Bell clip back as rebuttal, with no further comment!

The rest of my thoughts on this dirty game are highlighted on my site, along with a clip of the Bell hit I found on YouTube.

Analyzing The Ugliest Football Game I've Ever Seen - http://www.steelcityunderground.com/2016/01/11/analyzing-the-ugliest-football-game-ive-ever-seen/

The hit that knocked bell out in the Ravens game a couple years ago? I have no problem with that. Sucks what happened to Bell + a turnover, but that's football. Runners aren't protected like players attempting a catch since they are capable of defending themselves.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 2:14 pm

I didn't either. That's the rule. He got hit with the crown of the Ravens defender's helmet too. Same scenario as Bell. It sucks, but it is what it is. This isn't college football and "targeting."

Rhyno

Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 3:09 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

, he stuck and wrapped up, it's not like he left his feet and launched into him. Yes it was a hard tackle, but a dirty one, no. If anything it's Bernard's fault he got smashed, he hesitated when he saw shazier coming, and well, if you're just standing there when a 240 lb guy with 4.4 speed is running at you, well, you see what happens.

It definitely wasn't a textbook tackle. A tackler is coached from small fry to the NFL to keep their head up. As a tackler, you should never be looking at your feet. There should never be contact with the top of your helmet ... that's a great way to break your neck.

Thank you. No where on Earth is the Shazier hit a "textbook tackle."

Also, the legality of that hit has nothing to do with the offensive player being able or unable to defend himself. It pertains to the "Crown of the Helmet Rule" which is a completely different rule than the "Defenseless Player Rule". Now, it is totally fair to argue that Ryan should not have been flagged here because that rule never or seldom gets enforced. I'm happy it wasn't in this case.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 3:12 pm

QueenstownPa wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
FanSince72 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
And here's Burfict trying to step on Ramon Foster's foot:

Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 WatchfulFelineBullmastiff

Nice footwork by Foster

Fuck the Bengals!

As I recall, Foster got flagged for a Personal Foul for shoving Burfict on that play and that's one of the examples of the refs trying to set a tone early on.

Foster wasn't flagged for shoving Burfict, he was flagged for stepping on Burfict. Foster's shove came just at the whistle. This is a case of the ref not seeing what Burfict did, but the very end of what Foster was doing. Insane.

I'd like to watch the replay, at what time of the game did this occur?

It doesn't get called because it doesn't really apply to running backs. Gio isn't the first (or last) that will get rocked like that.

But QBs... Ben never, NEVER gets the same calls as Brady or Manning. Imagine one of them catching that drilling to the ground and the subsequent knee to the shoulder. Unreal...

SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 3:16 pm

Sorry that was meant for the helmet hit, not the Foster stomp... yeah, the 2nd (or 3rd) guy usually get caught. Just look at Munch earlier.

Speaking of, if Munch gets flagged for "pushing" Nelson, why doesn't Burfict/Gilberry get a flag for grabbing/shoving Joey Porter?

LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 3:40 pm

There's an official online petition to investigate the AFC wildcard game:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/107/136/801/investigate-the-afc-wildcard-game-the-steelers-vs-the-bengals/?taf_id=20293351&cid=fb_na
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 3:44 pm

As for Porter, there were four Cincy coaches on the field. So where's the anger directed at them? i don't know what Porter said to PacMan but the guy was probably pissed off since yet again Burfict took out another of our guys. Cincy's such a shit organization. Their QB cries like a little brat when J.J Watt playfully mocks his nickname and says he's a bad role model but Andy signed an extension to stay teammates with one of the league's most dirty players. I don't have any respect for Cincy. They can't win or lose like professionals because they have a HC Lewis and owner Brown who has no problem with unprofessionalism on and off the field.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 3:54 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
There's an official online petition to investigate the AFC wildcard game:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/107/136/801/investigate-the-afc-wildcard-game-the-steelers-vs-the-bengals/?taf_id=20293351&cid=fb_na

Well he clearly doesn't understand that it wasn't the same officiating team, just the same referee. The NFL uses "all star" crews for the postseason, so these guys didn't do a game together during the regular season.

Also, there's another petition to remove Burfict from the league! https://www.change.org/p/nfl-roger-goodell-the-release-of-vontaze-burfict-from-the-nfl?recruiter=345177968

SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 3:56 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
As for Porter, there were four Cincy coaches on the field. So where's the anger directed at them? i don't know what Porter said to PacMan but the guy was probably pissed off since yet again Burfict took out another of our guys. Cincy's such a shit organization. Their QB cries like a little brat when J.J Watt playfully mocks his nickname and says he's a bad role model but Andy signed an extension to stay teammates with one of the league's most dirty players. I don't have any respect for Cincy. They can't win or lose like professionals because they have a HC Lewis and owner Brown who has no problem with unprofessionalism on and off the field.

I have to agree with this. I keep getting told we're the cheaters and dirty players, but when in recent memory can you remember a Steeler throwing a punch at someone? Stomping them on the ground? Knee strikes? Spitting?

If your problem is someone hitting hard (Mitchell, Harrison) your anger is directed at the wrong people! The NFL and their new rules to protect them from lawsuits is the issue.

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:01 pm

SteelCityUnderground wrote:
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:

I have to agree with this. I keep getting told we're the cheaters and dirty players, but when in recent memory can you remember a Steeler throwing a punch at someone? Stomping them on the ground? Knee strikes? Spitting?

If your problem is someone hitting hard (Mitchell, Harrison) your anger is directed at the wrong people! The NFL and their new rules to protect them from lawsuits is the issue.
Yeah I'm tired of being told we're cheaters and our players are dirty. Our guys play hard but not dirty.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:08 pm

[*]Bryant's front-flip TD grab [b] It was definitely a catch, but I could also have seen it going the opposite way upon review. It was one helluva grab, and I thought the ball was controlled against his leg all the way through and it never moved.

[*]The Shazier hit vs. the Burfict hit [b] Shazier's hit as legal as he was helmet up and hit the man squarely. Also, the WR had made a football move and at the point he becomes a 'runner' where the rules for aggressive hits change. Let's not forget the play should've been a TD for the Steelers. Burfict's hit on Brown was definitely targeting, and while he was flagged for it, as Steelers fans we have to remember these are the same hits we bitched about James Harrison getting fines for a few years ago. It's football. It's violent. It involves collisions. It involves violent collisions. But I also think Burfict had intent to injure in his hit.

[*]The Munchak/Reggie Nelson sideline dread-grabbing kerfuffle [b] Munchak's actions were deliberate and personally, I don't think he should have touched the player what so ever.

[*]Peezy being on field/instigating [b] Apparently there's some slack on coaches being on the field during an injury. I don't know what Peezy said, but from what I saw of the replays today, it appears as if Burfict and few other Bengals approached him. As much as Peezy needs to control himself, players shouldn't be touching coaches, similar to coaches not touching players.

[*]General game calling by the refs [b] Refs make mistakes. It is part of the game. The only call I have a problem with was the Shazier fumble and subsequent TD. Refs have been told to let the action on the field play out, especially if the ball is coming out. For whatever reason, the sideline judge didn't do that on this play. It almost cost the Steelers the game, but alas, it all worked out. Other than that play, I thought the game was called efficiently.

The only other thing I would bring up is the fans throwing things at Ben when he was on the cart. Total classless act.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:08 pm

Rhyno wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

Thank you. No where on Earth is the Shazier hit a "textbook tackle."

Also, the legality of that hit has nothing to do with the offensive player being able or unable to defend himself. It pertains to the "Crown of the Helmet Rule" which is a completely different rule than the "Defenseless Player Rule". Now, it is totally fair to argue that Ryan should not have been flagged here because that rule never or seldom gets enforced. I'm happy it wasn't in this case.

In high school I got coached to tackle helmet first. then again it was a different game, but it's still legal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's have an unbiased discussion...   Let's have an unbiased discussion... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's have an unbiased discussion...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next