Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
HomeMarvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment"

Go down 
+7
IowaSteeler927
NorCalSteelerFan
Fire Arians
harrison'samonster
TESS743
Atlanta Dan
Hawaii 5-0
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0


Posts : 2482
Join date : 2015-04-19

Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" Empty
PostSubject: Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment"   Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:14 pm

Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" on Saturday

By: Daniel Sager

As the fourth quarter of the AFC Wild Card playoffs opened in Cincinnati, Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger was on the back of a cart headed to the locker room for an x-ray on his shoulder that he injured one play earlier.

What ensued was about as low-class as you can get.

Water bottles and beer cans, apparently some of them still full, were hurled at Roethlisberger as the cart headed towards the locker room. He was even hit by one of them, he claims.

Apparently that sits well with the Bengals’ head man, as Marvin Lewis opened his press conference on Monday by thanking the Bengals fans in attendance for “creating a good environment.”

Marvin Lewis presser: Opens by applauding fans for creating good environment.

— Ray Fittipaldo (@rayfitt1) January 11, 2016

In addition to throwing objects at Roethlisberger, fans loudly cheered as he was shown exiting the field on the back of the cart, and the screen operators apparently put the play on the stadium scoreboard several times, eliciting more cheers from the crowd at Paul Brown Stadium. Lewis is now 0-7 in his playoff career, and the Bengals have not won a playoff game since 1989. With such grim figures in mind, it’s easy to rationalize why they would cheer an injury.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/01/12/marvin-lewis-thanks-bengals-fans-for-creating-a-good-environment-on-saturday/
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan




Posts : 2001
Join date : 2015-04-18

Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment"   Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:28 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" on Saturday

By: Daniel Sager

As the fourth quarter of the AFC Wild Card playoffs opened in Cincinnati, Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger was on the back of a cart headed to the locker room for an x-ray on his shoulder that he injured one play earlier.

What ensued was about as low-class as you can get.

Water bottles and beer cans, apparently some of them still full, were hurled at Roethlisberger as the cart headed towards the locker room.  He was even hit by one of them, he claims.

Apparently that sits well with the Bengals’ head man, as Marvin Lewis opened his press conference on Monday by thanking the Bengals fans in attendance for “creating a good environment.”

Marvin Lewis presser: Opens by applauding fans for creating good environment.

— Ray Fittipaldo (@rayfitt1) January 11, 2016

In addition to throwing objects at Roethlisberger, fans loudly cheered as he was shown exiting the field on the back of the cart, and the screen operators apparently put the play on the stadium scoreboard several times, eliciting more cheers from the crowd at Paul Brown Stadium.  Lewis is now 0-7 in his playoff career, and the Bengals have not won a playoff game since 1989.  With such grim figures in mind, it’s easy to rationalize why they would cheer an injury.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/01/12/marvin-lewis-thanks-bengals-fans-for-creating-a-good-environment-on-saturday/

It is like running in a Presidential primary - if you want the job you have to placate the crazed base

This isn't Bill Belichick with 4 Lombardis and 6 Super Bowl appearances or the Steelers with 40 years of success

The Bengals have trouble selling out their stadium and the Saturday night loss to the f***ing Steelers was the cherry on top of the s**t sundae of Marvin being 0-7 in the playoffs and the Bengals being 0 for 25 years in the playoffs with Mike Brown as the owner

Nobody is lining up to hire Marvin away - so looking forward to all of you fans who created such a "good environment" renewing your season tickets - perish the thought the answer to increasing season ticket renewals is firing me
Back to top Go down
TESS743

TESS743


Posts : 193
Join date : 2015-09-19
Location : NEW JERSEY

Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment"   Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:41 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" on Saturday

By: Daniel Sager

As the fourth quarter of the AFC Wild Card playoffs opened in Cincinnati, Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger was on the back of a cart headed to the locker room for an x-ray on his shoulder that he injured one play earlier.

What ensued was about as low-class as you can get.

Water bottles and beer cans, apparently some of them still full, were hurled at Roethlisberger as the cart headed towards the locker room.  He was even hit by one of them, he claims.

Apparently that sits well with the Bengals’ head man, as Marvin Lewis opened his press conference on Monday by thanking the Bengals fans in attendance for “creating a good environment.”

Marvin Lewis presser: Opens by applauding fans for creating good environment.

— Ray Fittipaldo (@rayfitt1) January 11, 2016

In addition to throwing objects at Roethlisberger, fans loudly cheered as he was shown exiting the field on the back of the cart, and the screen operators apparently put the play on the stadium scoreboard several times, eliciting more cheers from the crowd at Paul Brown Stadium.  Lewis is now 0-7 in his playoff career, and the Bengals have not won a playoff game since 1989.  With such grim figures in mind, it’s easy to rationalize why they would cheer an injury.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/01/12/marvin-lewis-thanks-bengals-fans-for-creating-a-good-environment-on-saturday/

All I can say is, wow!! Anyone who still thinks that Lewis is a good coach should re-think that compliment. This guy is pathetic!! He seems to be living in a alternate universe. I really can't stand the sight of him. That classless organization with its equally classless fans need to keep Lewis on board, because they deserve each other. I find it hard to believe that a really good coach would want to be part of a team with out of control players and a fan base that is a embarrassment to the NFL.
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster


Posts : 2443
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Near Youngstown OH

Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment"   Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:47 pm

TESS743 wrote:


All I can say is, wow!! Anyone who still thinks that Lewis is a good coach should re-think that compliment. This guy is pathetic!! He seems to be living in a alternate universe. I really can't stand the sight of him.  That classless organization with its equally classless fans need to keep Lewis on board, because they deserve each other. I find it hard to believe that a really good coach would want to be part of a team with out of control players and a fan base that is a embarrassment to the NFL.

I've always thought he was, if not a great head coach, at least a good person and quality football character with integrity. He's just about lost all my respect with this statement

_________________
Have you ever wondered what you would look like frozen in carbonite?
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians


Posts : 2051
Join date : 2011-11-11

Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment"   Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:48 pm

Fuck Marvin Lewis
Back to top Go down
NorCalSteelerFan
Xtreme Newb



Posts : 6
Join date : 2015-12-29

Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment"   Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:55 pm

I would say that is a classic case of covering thine arse.
Atlanta Dan nailed it. Marvin is in self-preservation mode at this point. However, if the man truly dos believe those folks showed class and created a "good environment", then that explains why he has no control over his players.
He thinks all is well.
Delusional.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan




Posts : 2001
Join date : 2015-04-18

Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment"   Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 10:00 pm

NorCalSteelerFan wrote:

He thinks all is well.
Delusional.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927


Posts : 5065
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : Des Moines, Iowa

Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment"   Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 2:39 am

Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" Bengals-fans-throw-trash-at-big-ben-as-he-goes-off

Yeah look at the good environment. The fans were just trying to throw Ben a cold one because they felt truly awful about his injury. They felt so awful for Ben in Cinci when he got driven into the turf, and kneed in the shoulder, that they felt the need to play the hit on their big screen numerous times, and the crowd cheered for Ben hoping he was alright and would come back into the game.

Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" 1072540953

_________________
Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" PaKS9WC
"Success isn't owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." - TJ Watt
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
pczach

pczach


Posts : 952
Join date : 2015-04-28
Location : Stunted Growth PA

Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment"   Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 5:52 am

The Question of the Day

Did the Bengals throw out any of the fans that were throwing things onto the field and at Steelers players? Were any fans banned from the stadium?

Just some interesting questions that need to be answered and discussed nationally.

_________________
I'm a shell of my former self.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927


Posts : 5065
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : Des Moines, Iowa

Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment"   Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 6:13 am

pczach wrote:
The Question of the Day

Did the Bengals throw out any of the fans that were throwing things onto the field and at Steelers players? Were any fans banned from the stadium?

Just some interesting questions that need to be answered and discussed nationally.

No but I watched one video where the Cincinatti PD came in and put a Steeler fan in handcuffs and took him away after he was assaulted by about 3 different people. He did hit a female Bengals fan with his forearm/elbow but only after he had been assaulted numerous times and they were surrounding him and berating him.

One Bengals fan though reportedly came in and told the police the truth that the Steelers fan did nothing wrong and was only defending himself. The Bengals fan found the video online and mentioned it.

The video:


_________________
Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" PaKS9WC
"Success isn't owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." - TJ Watt
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
FrancoLambert




Posts : 763
Join date : 2015-05-02
Location : Tony Soprano's neighborhood

Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment"   Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 6:18 am

And we as Steeler fans should thank Marvin Lewis for being the coach that he is.....a perpetual loser.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus


Posts : 13488
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : The last bar stool on the left

Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment"   Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 6:26 am

A good environment for a prison colony.

_________________
Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" Ee7ffacdb22647915dff1a9d3eef0fd8
-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927


Posts : 5065
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : Des Moines, Iowa

Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment"   Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 6:45 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
A good environment for a prison colony.

Escape from Cincinnati.

_________________
Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" PaKS9WC
"Success isn't owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." - TJ Watt
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
TESS743

TESS743


Posts : 193
Join date : 2015-09-19
Location : NEW JERSEY

Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment"   Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 12:12 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
pczach wrote:
The Question of the Day

Did the Bengals throw out any of the fans that were throwing things onto the field and at Steelers players? Were any fans banned from the stadium?

Just some interesting questions that need to be answered and discussed nationally.

No but I watched one video where the Cincinatti PD came in and put a Steeler fan in handcuffs and took him away after he was assaulted by about 3 different people. He did hit a female Bengals fan with his forearm/elbow but only after he had been assaulted numerous times and they were surrounding him and berating him.

One Bengals fan though reportedly came in and told the police the truth that the Steelers fan did nothing wrong and was only defending himself. The Bengals fan found the video online and mentioned it.

The video:


Absolutely pathetic!! They were like a pack of rabid dogs. Especially those females. I felt so sorry for that poor guy being abused like that because he's a Steelers fan. And, for the police to just handcuff him, when all he was doing was standing there, is pure bs. They could have at least escorted him out and then question him. That organization and fans do not deserve to ever play in a super bowl let along win one.
Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" 2306309830
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel




Posts : 1643
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment"   Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 12:37 am

The fans created the atmosphere he approves of. His players are doing the same thing on the field. He can't win a playoff game legitimately so he resorts to his players knocking out the Steelers best players

_________________
Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" $_35
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment"   Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment" Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Marvin Lewis thanks Bengals fans for "creating a good environment"
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Lewis might not want to see a good game out of Cortez Allen today
» Bengals Fans Cry Steelers Are Dirty, Cheaters
» Lewis keeps his job! Amazing.....but good for us!
» Bengals fans still running their mouthes
» I think I'm going to barf with all these cocky Bengals Fans

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: