Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWelcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR

Go down 
+9
La Flama Blanca
SteelerTide
Buddha Bus
solardave
JonM229
fer69
Wallace108
Bays
stlrtruck
13 posters
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR Empty
PostSubject: Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR   Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:31 pm

Well, it's a great day for a few of us in Steelers Nation.

It's time to move on from Arians and welcome in our next OC in a fashion on the Xtreme could do. Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR 512807920 NO BUDDHA! That doesn't mean go piss in his office on his first day on the job (but hold the thought and we'll use that tactic later if he becomes like Arians). No let's welcome him with open arms, and let him know that STEELERS NATION supports him.

While we don't know who it will be yet, let's throw out some good dialogue on who we would want and why you think they provide the best opportunity for the Steelers offense to be successful?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR   Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Dammit truck, I came in here looking for names Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR 1647293567

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR   Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:09 pm

OK, you and fer need to knock it off with your thread teases. Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR 131212936

The one name I have in my head right now is Hue Jackson.
--------------------------------

Jackson was running backs coach with the Redskins. In 2001, under Jackson’s tutelage, RB Stephen Davis rushed for 1,432 yards, breaking the record he had set in 1999 for most rushing yards in a season by a Redskin.

Jackson was the wide receivers coach for the Cincinnati Bengals for 3 seasons. Under Jackson’s tutelage in Cincinnati, Chad Ochocinco and T. J. Houshmandzadeh became one of the most prolific wide-receiving tandems in the NFL.

In 2010, under Jackson’s guidance, the Raiders offense finished fourth in the AFC and sixth in the NFL in scoring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hue_Jackson
-----------------------------------

Just a thought. Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR 2087824411

No matter who they select, I think it has to be someone with a strong personality and proven track record ... someone who can stand up to Ben and say, "We're doing this MY way!!"

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR   Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:11 pm

is brad childress coaching? he would be an upgrade imo

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR   Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:23 pm

You guys should take Cam Cameron off our hands

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR   Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:30 pm

JonM229 wrote:
You guys should take Cam Cameron off our hands

NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!!!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR   Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:37 pm

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/01/looking-at-the-steelers-top-offensive-coordinator-candidates-to-replace-bruce-arians/

Candidates:
Randy Fichtner - finished 2nd season as QBs coach
Tom Clements - QB coach under Cowher, now with GB
Jim Caldwell - formerly HC of Colts
Hue Jackson - former HC of Raiders
Todd Haley - former HC of Chiefs, was OC of Cardinals under Whisenhunt

Given those options, I'd rate them in this order of preference:
Hue Jackson - fresh blood is always good
Todd Haley - he's got a track record of having some good offensive results (except when he was the HC)
Jim Caldwell - another fresh blood approach
Tom Clements - I remember having struggling offenses under Cowher but maybe his time in GB has cured him of what ailed the Steelers
Randy Fichtner - too close to the current regime that has left many wanting more

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR   Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:39 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
. Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR 512807920 NO BUDDHA! That doesn't mean go piss in his office on his first day on the job (but hold the thought and we'll use that tactic later if he becomes like Arians).

Too late. I already let loose in my pants when I read the big news! Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR 3798349058

Hue Jackson was the first one to come to mind for me too.

No way I want Todd Haley.... he's a douche and Ben and he would probably kill each other.

Childress would be good, but I'm not sure if he's coaching somewhere else or not. It seems I heard his name mentioned somewhere in the past week or two, but I'm not sure.

Too bad Norv didn't get shit-canned. That was my number one pick if he had.

I'm also worried about promoting from within right now. I don't want to see someone who may have shared Arians philosophies, although a fresh take on those philosophies, some better situational play-calling, some discipline towards the players, and a commitment to a better and more effective running scheme could make a difference. Bruce did have games where he called a brilliant game and we rolled, but they were few and far between.

I'm not really certain who's available, but I know I want to see a change. Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR 184121345

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR   Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:10 pm

I think we're all on the same page. We need change. I think most of us acknowledge that our offensive problems can't all be blamed on Arians' play calling. A lot of the problem is Ben. Anyone who comes in needs to either get Ben to change his style of play or design an offense around Ben's style of play (not try to fit a square peg into a round hole like Arians did). That's why I'm a little wary of Fichtner. Unless he was just doing what he was told, he's already been working with Ben, and we haven't seen any change in him. What we don't need is more of the same.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelerTide
Xtreme Newb
SteelerTide

PostSubject: Re: Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR   Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Jackson or Haley would be fine. Would have preferred Norvall though.

Don't want Clements. Can't have any former terrorists on this team.

Xtreme Newb
La Flama Blanca

PostSubject: Re: Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR   Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:50 am

SteelerTide wrote:
Jackson or Haley would be fine. Would have preferred Norvall though.

Don't want Clements. Can't have any former terrorists on this team.

This is the way I'm leaning....

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR   Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:57 am

I wouldn't mind Haley.

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR   Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:42 pm

i want to see us talk mike martz out of retirement

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR   Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:07 pm

Clements please.

Xtreme Newb
British Steel

PostSubject: Re: Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR   Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:28 pm

The main thing is that Wilford Brimley is gone - after that it's all good.

For what it's worth, I'd be happy with Jackson or Haley, though Jackson as a preference. Like someone said, it's a shame the Chuggers stuck with Turner. He'd have been ideal.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR   Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:18 pm

Thank God, and welcome aboard to the new OC! Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR 1372836603
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR   Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome our NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR
Page 1 of 1