Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThanks to Xtreme Forum Posters Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters

Go down 
+27
vasteeler
Bays
DesertSteel
The_Joker
FrancoLambert
Buddha Bus
harrison'samonster
Stella Nation
Steeler-in-west
solardave
Wallace108
Lokki
Hawaii 5-0
El-Gonzo Jackson
effyou515
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
steelcrazy
ImperialFan
SteelCity4Life
lotas
schillah
jak341
pczach
Stryker
FanSince72
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Atlanta Dan
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters Empty
PostSubject: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:13 pm

Just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed posting on this forum this past season and to thank Wally and the mods

I know with the season over a lot of us will not be around as much until the draft

I came here after Steelers Fever Forum imploded and am awed by the expertise I have seen here

But I am particularly impressed, given what I have seen on SFF and a college basketball site on which I post, with the tone of the comments I have seen after the Denver loss - having the perspective to recognize the good aspects of a season without throwing rocks when the season has ended short of a championship is the exception to posts I usually have seen after season ending  losses in the past on other sports fans forums.

Best regards to everyone  - already looking forward to the draft and next season Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters 230572241
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:17 pm

It's been a fun season. I agree. I really like the tone I've seen. Disappointment is understandable since hey we're fans but I am glad no one's freaking out and being reactionary and keeping this season in perspective. I'm already looking forward to seeing who we get in the draft. This is always the toughest time of the year for me since I don't have a NHL team or a NBA team that I'm heavily invested in so I'm pretty much in sports limbo until Baseball starts up in a couple months. I too am an exile from SF like quite a few of us and I wanted to thank the people here for welcoming us with open arms. I love the Steelers, I love the city of Pittsburgh, and I'm proud that this was the city that my family decided to go to all those years ago(I'm a genealogy junkie and have traced my family's roots in the area surrounding Pittsburgh going back to the early 19th century.).
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:25 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed posting on this forum this past season and to thank Wally and the mods

I know with the season over a lot of us will not be around as much until the draft

I came here after Steelers Fever Forum imploded and am awed by the expertise I have seen here

But I am particularly impressed, given what I have seen on SFF and a college basketball site on which I post, with the tone of the comments I have seen after the Denver loss - having the perspective to recognize the good aspects of a season without throwing rocks when the season has ended short of a championship is the exception to posts I usually have seen after season ending  losses in the past on other sports fans forums.

Best regards to everyone  - already looking forward to the draft and next season Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters 230572241

I'll second that!

When I first came over here from Steelers Fever Forum it felt really foreign.
But everyone here has actually turned out to be a lot of fun to talk with and there's a LOT less flaming (in fact, hardly any at all) and everyone here really knows their game and are usually open-minded enough to hear what people are saying whether they agree or not - which is no small thing thing on the internet these days.

I'm glad to be here!

Cheers to all! Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters 230572241

Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:26 pm

But really, where did tony hipchest go? His ban was only a week, but never came back

"It was time to go to the mattresses if you will" - Mike Tomlin

The worst tragedy in the world is running out of a pack of Luckies
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:29 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:

Well said Dan.

I agree with everything you said.

It seems that there is a large percentage of the population here that gets it, and understands football. Being able to see things in their proper perspective allows fans to enjoy and appreciate what others find intolerable in their short-sided views and ridiculous expectations.

Cooler heads prevail here.

I'm very proud to be associated with so many quality people and great Steelers fans.

Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters 230572241

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:32 pm

I love you man!

Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters 1921757303_sandy51_internet_hug_jpg_2_500
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:34 pm

Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters Tumblr_inline_n6763piN6v1r7blwi

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:39 pm

Cheers to everyone as well. I too was a Steelers Fever guy and after the forum went down I was happy to find Xtreme, and it helped to see some friendly names and faces here from SF. This is by far the best forum I have been a part of in terms of maturity and insightful conversation. It's hard to read a bigger forum like SU when you're used to this level of competence. I have learned a lot from many of you and I am happy to be a part of some great discussion.

Can't wait for the draft Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters 2893009358

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:53 pm

I was on Steelers Fever but never really did post much besides the gameday threads. I've enjoyed discussing things here and we all do feel like a goofy family of fans rooting on a great franchise.

It sucks that it had to end now. It's always tough when football ends, at least our team anyway. Idk how much I will watch up until the Superbowl, which I hope either Arizona or Carolina wins.

I was really hoping we'd go the distance, leaving me with a week until The Walking Dead returns. But this will give me a free Sunday to do any needed college assignments.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters 1505004552
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:37 pm

I have my criticisms but as banged up as we were we did good. Just a shame we were using 2nd 3rd and sometimes 4th string players at key offensive positions.

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:43 pm

yep...pretty much what everyone else said..had a great season...looking forward to the draft and the 2016 season

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:26 pm

I'll pop in from time to time, it's been a good season, I'm itching for the draft. I geek out about the draft a little bit.

SX is the place man. You guys are the best.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:42 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:

the young'uns are starting to understand kneejerk fire everyone and why the Steelers have only had 3 headcoaches in how many years.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 12:24 am

Stryker wrote:
But really, where did tony hipchest go? His ban was only a week, but never came back

I missed the whole banning episode, but I thought something must have happened with him. I have always enjoyed the sarcasm, insight of TH.

As to the OP sentiments, I agree. I'm a SF castoff, but glad I found this board. Has the usual knee jerk reactions from week to week, but also a lot of posters that dig deeper into this team, this sport and know their football. Good season folks, better next year.

I've already got plans to record the Shrine Game, Senior bowl week and Combine, like I do annually in prep for the draft. I'm a degenerate football junkie and I know it. As long as it doesn't interfere with my family and my job, its OK.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 12:30 am

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
I'll pop in from time to time, it's been a good season, I'm itching for the draft. I geek out about the draft a little bit.

I hear ya. I can remember watching coverage for hours and yelling at the screen when we passed on Jon Tait to take Troy Edwards. Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters 2164293255 My film breakdown and draftnik activity slowed when my kids were born, but now that my son is in his teens and the coverage is so much better, I have been back in the draft analysis addiction. Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters 1645253483
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 12:30 am

Stryker wrote:

why did tony get banned?

he's a proud guy, if a message board banned me I would never post there again either...
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 12:31 am

Awww.. I love you guys.. here's a wet beaver for the great season.

Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters Beaver-8
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 1:08 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:

Actually, me and the other mods/admins should be thanking all of you. Despite a high level of activity on this forum, we really don't do a hell of a lot in terms of moderating. After the SF "invasion," I was expecting a lot of headaches with a large amount of new members transitioning to SX. While SX and SF were similar, there were a few differences that I thought might cause some issues. But despite a few minor incidents, the transition has gone better than I ever could have hoped. And that's not a credit to the SX mods and admins. That's a credit to all of the former SF members who somehow found the perfect balance of maintaining the fun atmosphere that made SF great, while adapting to the laid-back atmosphere that made SX great. So thanks to all of the old members and new members for making this a tremendous year here at SX. I look forward to many more. Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters 3056903510
---------------------------------------------------------

Since there have been 3 posts regarding hipchest, I'll address the situation briefly.

Tony was asked more than a few times to knock off the personal attacks and baiting. He refused to tone down the attacks, so he was given a 7-day ban. It's not something we wanted to do ... it's something we believed was necessary. We try to take a hands-off approach in terms of moderating and try not to step in as mods/admins unless we absolutely have to. Tony gave us no choice but to issue a temporary ban. We're not heavy-handed with our moderating, but that doesn't mean that everyone is free to post whatever they want. Constant personal attacks against other members is something that won't be tolerated here. Why? So we can maintain the kind of atmosphere that FanSince described earlier in this thread:

FanSince72 wrote:
But everyone here has actually turned out to be a lot of fun to talk with and there's a LOT less flaming (in fact, hardly any at all)
------------------------------------

This isn't just an Internet football forum. Everyone here at SX is family, even if we have disagreements from time to time. In fact, disagreeing and debating is a lot of fun. But there has to be a level of respect to keep threads (especially the political threads) from turning into flame wars. Some people will get it and enjoy it. Some won't.

I hope my explanation is satisfactory.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:32 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 1:26 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:

Actually, me and the other mods/admins should be thanking all of you. Despite a high level of activity on this forum, we really don't do a hell of a lot in terms of moderating. After the SF "invasion," I was expecting a lot of headaches with a large amount of new members transitioning to SX. While SX and SF were similar, there were a few differences that I thought might cause some issues. But despite a few minor incidents, the transition has gone better than I ever could have hoped. And that's not a credit to the SX mods and admins. That's a credit to all of the former SF members who somehow found the perfect balance of maintaining the fun atmosphere that made SF great, while adapting to the laid-back atmosphere that made SX great. So thanks to all of the old members and new members for making this a tremendous year here at SX. I look forward to many more. Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters 3056903510
---------------------------------------------------------

Since there have been 3 posts regarding hipchest, I'll address the situation briefly.

Tony was asked more than a few times to knock off the personal attacks and baiting. He refused to tone down the attacks, so he was given a 7-day ban. It's not something we wanted to do ... it's something we believed was necessary. We try to take a hands-off approach in terms of moderating and try not to step in as mods/admins unless we absolutely have to. Tony gave us no choice but to issue a temporary ban. We're not heavy-handed with our moderating, but that doesn't mean that everyone is free to post whatever they want. Constant personal attacks against other members is something that won't be tolerated here.

I hope that answer is satisfactory.

If TLDR. Us from SF are savage wackadoos slowly learning how to fit into society. Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters 1797695198

Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters 19646935

In seriousness, glad this was here when SF went down. I've been here now longer than there, and it's been fun to get on here and get news about the team, discuss the team, and make heavy handed crowd sourced decisions about firing the entire staff from Rooney down.

Tony's personal attacks weren't very tasteful, I'll say that. I appreciate seeing someone like Imperial not back off from his opinions regardless if close to the whole forum comes down on him for them. Late in the season, you optimists were coming over to the dark side with us pessimists, so it only took some time  Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters 1378315869

Now that seasons over, very proud of the steelers. VERY excited about the draft and the Senquez Golson debut for next season. More excited then I have been at the beginning of any offseason for a while. Excited to spend draft day here on SX. Excited to pop in every so often to see what sort of dumb threads are created out of boredom here. Here's to a soon to come long and terrible football-less drought of sorrow and despair. Quoth the Ratbird, "Never more."
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 2:27 am

I was on another unrelated forum the other day and they had a NFL thread talking about the Steelers/Bengals playoff game and one guy said that Burfict is not dirty and Brown actually caused his own injury. When I responded that I didn't agree with him he instantly went into attack mode by stating that I couldn't read. I told him I read just fine but that I don't have to attack people personally to get my opinion out there. For that reason alone I enjoy being here. Sure we don't agree on some things but we don't bash each other to get our points across. I'll admit after tough losses I get down but at the end of the day it's great to have a good group of knowledgable individuals to talk about our favorite team.
I wish everyone a happy,prosporous off season and I'm looking forward to the draft discussionseven though I'm pretty much Forest Gump when it comes to following college prospects. Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 4:14 am

Sorry the season ended short of the goal. Thanks to xtreme and the posters here. Being surrounded by raider, Pats*, Chargers and Vikings fans at home and at work: this forum gives me an outlet: it's made the wins more enjoyable and the losses easier to take.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 7:37 am

I really enjoy reading this forum and posting here from time to time. A lot of great guys here, good discussions, great atmosphere and no assholes like on some other forums.

Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters 792589548
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 7:45 am

more beavers!

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 9:01 am

I hate you all (especially Jon). Fire everybody! Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters 124247948

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 9:03 am

harrison'samonster wrote:
more beavers!

hah.. that beaver was for you, big guy!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters Empty

Back to top Go down

Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next