Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters

Go down 
+27
vasteeler
Bays
DesertSteel
The_Joker
FrancoLambert
Buddha Bus
harrison'samonster
Stella Nation
Steeler-in-west
solardave
Wallace108
Lokki
Hawaii 5-0
El-Gonzo Jackson
effyou515
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
steelcrazy
ImperialFan
SteelCity4Life
lotas
schillah
jak341
pczach
Stryker
FanSince72
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Atlanta Dan
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 9:27 am

Lokki wrote:
harrison'samonster wrote:
more beavers!

hah.. that beaver was for you, big guy!

Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 2573146105

I would have to say that's the one thing wrong with this site. No stupid threads to derail with beaver pictures.

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 9:28 am

Like many others, I migrated to SX after SF went belly up.
At first it didn't feel right.....but I gave it time and I'm glad that I did.
This is the best place for Steeler info, breaking news, insightful discussions, and laughs.
Everyone seems to contribute in their own way.

As for the flaming.....almost non-existent here.....a rare accomplishment on most internet chat sites.

THANKS to everyone who makes SX a place I like to visit.    Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 175256714

As for TH's absence....loved his insight....loved his background knowledge....but was never was a fan of his vitriol.....or his mean streak.  Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 2087824411
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 10:20 am

Yes, those of us that came from Steelers Fever are a bit off. It's just who we are. Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 1797695198

But.......

Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 3868260

I'm happy I came here to meet so many great new people and reunite with many of my old friends. This place has welcomed us with open arms, and has provided us with a place I now call home.

Thank you guys!

Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 1948569602

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 10:45 am

Come on everyone, no need to be sad.

Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 F08a3bc6bdd099d5aa2b4c2b61c8bb42.500x197x12

With college and other stuff on my plate it sucks that I can't hang out here for hours like I used to, but I'll always make time to pop in and offer my really bad attempts at comedy. Glad I'm on this forum with you guys, we're a brotherhood. Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 2685281973

You're still an idiot Fitz. >:(

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 10:49 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed posting on this forum this past season and to thank Wally and the mods

I know with the season over a lot of us will not be around as much until the draft

I came here after Steelers Fever Forum imploded and am awed by the expertise I have seen here

But I am particularly impressed, given what I have seen on SFF and a college basketball site on which I post, with the tone of the comments I have seen after the Denver loss - having the perspective to recognize the good aspects of a season without throwing rocks when the season has ended short of a championship is the exception to posts I usually have seen after season ending  losses in the past on other sports fans forums.

Best regards to everyone  - already looking forward to the draft and next season Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 230572241

I was a member of SF since 2005 and there's a lot of us over here now with member dates of April 2015. There's not as much activity here, but it's picking up and I too like the clientele. Except for the same couple of posters that I didn't care for at SF Lol.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 10:50 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Stryker wrote:
But really, where did tony hipchest go? His ban was only a week, but never came back

why did tony get banned?

he's a proud guy, if a message board banned me I would never post there again either...

I would never post again either. As for Hipchest, it's an addition by subtraction in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:59 pm

The_Joker wrote:
Come on everyone, no need to be sad.

Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 F08a3bc6bdd099d5aa2b4c2b61c8bb42.500x197x12

With college and other stuff on my plate it sucks that I can't hang out here for hours like I used to, but I'll always make time to pop in and offer my really bad attempts at comedy. Glad I'm on this forum with you guys, we're a brotherhood. Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 2685281973

You're still an idiot Fitz. >:(

Man, I know the feeling! Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 230572241

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 1505004552
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 6:25 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Stryker wrote:
But really, where did tony hipchest go? His ban was only a week, but never came back

why did tony get banned?

he's a proud guy, if a message board banned me I would never post there again either...

I would never post again either. As for Hipchest, it's an addition by subtraction in my opinion.

He got banned for making personal attacks on me over and over.

It must have got to his ego.

I'm glad, he was always antagonizing me.
and @Atlanta Dan I know we have had our disagreements in the past but i appreciate you talking to me privately to so we could see eye to eye.

I do enjoy this forum more than the SF forums, it was hostile, some of the mods should not have been mods.

Obviously I have made some controversial posts for fun, to start a convo, and along the way I have pissed some people off, So i've been trying to not press the issue to much.

I will probably be here occasionally for the FA, and draft. and I will probably still post at the round table.
Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 3798349058

(tried to tag u dan, it didnt work.)

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 7:30 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Stryker wrote:

why did tony get banned?

and @Atlanta Dan I know we have had our disagreements in the past but i appreciate you talking to me privately to so we could see eye to eye.

I do enjoy this forum more than the SF forums, it was hostile, some of the mods should not have been mods.

Obviously I have made some controversial posts for fun, to start a convo, and along the way I have pissed some people off, So i've been trying to not press the issue to much.

I will probably be here occasionally for the FA, and draft. and I will probably still post at the round table.

Thanks - after engaging in flame wars at SFF (I always regret not patching things up with the late Hometown Gal (Marianne) when we got into it during the 2008 election), I no longer enjoy napalming bridges to other members.  This is  supposed to be fun.

OTOH maybe I am just getting old. Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 2087824411
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 9:42 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Stryker wrote:

why did tony get banned?

Thanks - after engaging in flame wars at SFF (I always regret not patching things up with the late Hometown Gal (Marianne) when we got into it during the 2008 election), I no longer enjoy napalming bridges to other members.  This is  supposed to be fun.

OTOH maybe I am just getting old. Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 2087824411

I prefer not to think of it as getting older.

It's all about getting wiser.   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 2981382511
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 11:30 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:

I hear ya Dan...I used to have some good donnybrooks with revs at SF, as I noticed he used to like to try and flame bait newbies and I wasn't having any of it. Some people just love to argue, while I would rather have an intelligent discussion about football(and beavers).

I will admit that some of the knee jerk overreactions that I see in posts still bug me. That and I think some form opinions from what they read on blogs instead of what they see on the football field, but I realize that there is a lot happening on a football field that some fans wont see.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 3:32 am

I wasn't expecting life to hit me as it has, but I fully expected everyone to fit in here just nicely. I'm glad that's exactly what happened, and i'm very proud of this team & forum. Hope to be more involved in the future when things slow down.

Go Steelers!

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 8:04 am

bayz101 wrote:
I wasn't expecting life to hit me as it has, but I fully expected everyone to fit in here just nicely. I'm glad that's exactly what happened, and i'm very proud of this team & forum. Hope to be more involved in the future when things slow down.

Go Steelers!

now you know how all those poor kittens feel Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 3798349058

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 8:31 am

You're welcome. Every one of you.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Rhyno

Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 8:42 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed posting on this forum this past season and to thank Wally and the mods

I know with the season over a lot of us will not be around as much until the draft

I came here after Steelers Fever Forum imploded and am awed by the expertise I have seen here

But I am particularly impressed, given what I have seen on SFF and a college basketball site on which I post, with the tone of the comments I have seen after the Denver loss - having the perspective to recognize the good aspects of a season without throwing rocks when the season has ended short of a championship is the exception to posts I usually have seen after season ending  losses in the past on other sports fans forums.

Best regards to everyone  - already looking forward to the draft and next season Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 230572241

via GIPHY

Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 8:42 am

I do miss sloppy joe and x-box 9000 and Steeldude! remember Steeldude with the Incredible Hulk picture. That guy just didn't have a sense of humor. He seemed like a half way decent guy though.

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 8:43 am

JonM229 wrote:
You're welcome.  Every one of you.

Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 Thank-you-0736-stick-man-dance

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 9:38 am

harrison'samonster wrote:
I do miss sloppy joe and x-box 9000   and Steeldude!  remember Steeldude with the Incredible Hulk picture.  That guy just didn't have a sense of humor.  He seemed like a half way decent guy though.

SFF posters included some characters like the 70s Raiders included some characters - posting was blood sport

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 11:47 am

I too have been mightily impressed with this forum and our posters. Makes me proud to be a mod here. Can't wait to see what the future brings. Can't wait for the draft! Which I may try to attend since it's in Chicago this year again.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
The_Joker

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 11:50 am

DesertSteel wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Stryker wrote:

why did tony get banned?

There's a fine line between disagree with people and just being a dick about it.

Shoutout to Vis, still love ya man. Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 183388472

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
Steellamb86
Xtreme Newb
Steellamb86

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 1:06 pm

I came over here from the SFF as well and have been happy here. I don't post a lot because I am usually at work and don't have the time, but do enjoy the conversations here. Great forum and looking forward to the off-season. Go Steelers!
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 1:15 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Stryker wrote:

I missed the whole banning episode, but I thought something must have happened with him.  I have always enjoyed the sarcasm, insight of TH.

As to the OP sentiments, I agree.  I'm a SF castoff, but glad I found this board.  Has the usual knee jerk reactions from week to week, but also a lot of posters that dig deeper into this team, this sport and know their football.  Good season folks, better next year.

I've already got plans to record the Shrine Game, Senior bowl week and Combine, like I do annually in prep for the draft.  I'm a degenerate football junkie and I know it.  As long as it doesn't interfere with my family and my job, its OK.

Tony actually seemed really intelligent and funny. Him and I had a feud from when he was a mod back on SF where he would keep banning me for just disagreeing with him, or him picking fights with me, making a personal comment, then banning me for making one back.

He began doing the same thing here and antagonizing me every time I made a post. I think he was just pissed at me because he could never truly ban me, I'm good with computers.

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters   Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thanks to Xtreme Forum Posters
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2