Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeCortez Allen? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Cortez Allen?

Go down 
+5
pczach
IowaSteeler927
EbonySteel86
kirklandrules
Lokki
9 posters
AuthorMessage
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

Cortez Allen? Empty
PostSubject: Cortez Allen?   Cortez Allen? EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 12:09 pm

Playing fantasy GM, it wouldnt haven taken near as long to give Cortez the boot and wash my hands.

Why nothing yet, even when Tomlin himself publicly seemed to doubt that he would be here?
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Cortez Allen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cortez Allen?   Cortez Allen? EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 12:20 pm

Supposedly they asked him to take a pay cut and they were waiting on an answer. Personally, I would've cut him already if it was my decision. He may end up being a June 1 cut.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Cortez Allen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cortez Allen?   Cortez Allen? EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 1:05 pm

Lokki wrote:
Supposedly they asked him to take a pay cut and they were waiting on an answer.  Personally, I would've cut him already if it was my decision.  He may end up being a June 1 cut.  

If he takes a pay cut, then they cut him after June 1 ... what is the benefit to the paycut? How does that all work from a cap perspective? I'm surprised they didn't just cut him already. Asking for a pay cut almost makes me think they plan to keep him.

This guy has baffled me. I just don't get that he couldn't play well because he showed, prior to his big contract, that he was a baller. Then the Steelers are saying he's been dealing with a really bad knee injury, but he's never had surgery on that knee. And with the way Tomlin has crapped on him, you'd think his days with the Steelers were up. But now they want him to take a paycut? confused

If anyone has a good theory or inside knowledge, please let me know because none of this make sense.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Cortez Allen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cortez Allen?   Cortez Allen? EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 1:09 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Lokki wrote:
Supposedly they asked him to take a pay cut and they were waiting on an answer.  Personally, I would've cut him already if it was my decision.  He may end up being a June 1 cut.  

If he takes a pay cut, then they cut him after June 1 ... what is the benefit to the paycut? How does that all work from a cap perspective? I'm surprised they didn't just cut him already. Asking for a pay cut almost makes me think they plan to keep him.

This guy has baffled me. I just don't get that he couldn't play well because he showed, prior to his big contract, that he was a baller. Then the Steelers are saying he's been dealing with a really bad knee injury, but he's never had surgery on that knee. And with the way Tomlin has crapped on him, you'd think his days with the Steelers were up. But now they want him to take a paycut? confused

If anyone has a good theory or inside knowledge, please let me know because none of this make sense.

I'm as puzzled as you are. Maybe he has photos of Tomlin showering with Jon's dog or something.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

Cortez Allen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cortez Allen?   Cortez Allen? EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 2:24 pm

Lokki wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
Lokki wrote:

I'm as puzzled as you are.  Maybe he has photos of Tomlin showering with Jon's dog or something.  

Not to mention they restructured Timmons and some others contracts to free up more cap space before addressing the cap space that Cortez occupies as nothing more than a benchwarming liability that doesnt even seem to be in the good graces of the staff. Even a pay cut is not good enough when we nobody finds it likely that he will play a snap. It is just odd.

It will make me paranoid if they're not willing to drop him perhaps because hes a CB. Which could be telling about which way they could be leaning in rounds 1 and 2 of the draft.
Back to top Go down
EbonySteel86

Cortez Allen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cortez Allen?   Cortez Allen? EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 10:59 pm

Keep Cortez and Blake, cut Boykin.....I give up!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Cortez Allen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cortez Allen?   Cortez Allen? EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 5:34 am

Lokki wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
Lokki wrote:

I'm as puzzled as you are.  Maybe he has photos of Tomlin showering with Jon's dog or something.  

Maybe he has photos of Tomlin and Trixie.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
pczach

pczach

Cortez Allen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cortez Allen?   Cortez Allen? EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 7:52 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Lokki wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
Lokki wrote:

Maybe he has photos of Tomlin and Trixie.

Who doesn't! He must have used the toll-free number.

Cortez Allen? 1549491426

Cortez Allen? 777056651

Banned

Cortez Allen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cortez Allen?   Cortez Allen? EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 9:58 am

what an exciting, new, creative topic. I think he and his situation has been discussed , I don't know, 1000 times
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

Cortez Allen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cortez Allen?   Cortez Allen? EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 10:13 am

steelers5895 wrote:
what an exciting, new, creative topic.  I think he and his situation has been discussed , I don't know, 1000 times

then dont click into the thread Cortez Allen? 2087824411

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

Cortez Allen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cortez Allen?   Cortez Allen? EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 10:54 am

steelers5895 wrote:
what an exciting, new, creative topic.  I think he and his situation has been discussed , I don't know, 1000 times

So you can start a thread on any ridiculous topic you feel like and it's enlightened thinking, but anyone else that starts a thread that you don't approve of is crap?

Another very constructive post on your part.

Keep trolling.....

kirklandrules

Cortez Allen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cortez Allen?   Cortez Allen? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 2:07 pm

From the Trib:

"The Steelers cornerback situation is still murky, at best.

Cortez Allen can clear that up quickly if he is able to rebound from back-to-back disappointing years since signing a $25 million contract the day before the start of the 2014 season.

General manager Kevin Colbert was non-committal about Allen's role for the upcoming season or even if there will be one.

“Well, you know, we're still trying to determine where he is from a health standpoint,” Colbert said. “We'll make judgments accordingly.”

Read the rest of the article here:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/10179921-74/colbert-steelers-free

Thought it interesting they mention Allen had knee surgery.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Cortez Allen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cortez Allen?   Cortez Allen? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 1:13 am

Ask Ed: What's going on with Steelers cornerback Cortez Allen?

By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

YOU: I don’t know why I’m fascinated by the Cortez Allen situation. What do you think the Steelers offered him in the revised deal? He has had performance issues but it was my impression he was a solid citizen type. Maybe there is hope he can be productive with us with less pressure and another chance.

ED: I know it’s been reported the Steelers asked him to take a pay cut, but I did not report it (nor did anyone at the PG) so I cannot speak on that. It’s been my experience that the Steelers only ask those players they know will make the team and contribute and have contributed in the past to take pay cuts because once a player of that stature takes one, they almost surely will be on the team that season.

If you look at what has been said about Allen by both Mike Tomlin and Kevin Colbert, it’s hardly been a vote of confidence. Both also have mentioned that they do not know if he is healthy. Wouldn’t you think that if they were counting on him that they would know right now if he is healthy or not? For example, they know Mike Adams is now healthy enough to work out and should be a full participant in their spring drills. Why not Allen? Perhaps Allen is following the same path he did when he was placed on injured reserve after six games (one played) last season – pulled a disappearing act.

He has done little since they gave him that big contract late in the 2014 preseason, a deal they rue to this day. I am on record many times saying I do not believe he will be on the roster when the season kicks off this year and I believe that as strongly as ever.

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2016/03/24/Ask-Ed-What-s-Going-on-with-Steelers-Cortez-Allen.html?utm_campaign=echobox&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1458826322
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

Cortez Allen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cortez Allen?   Cortez Allen? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:28 am

If Allen is playing games and not giving the team any true information about his injury.....he's officially a piece of shit. He's been taking that salary and disappearing since he signed the contract.

He has to know that he'll never get another contract above league minimum with his track record if he doesn't show he works hard, competes, and gets on the field. Maybe he doesn't care about that anymore and is just taking his paychecks and has already decided he's done with football. Cortez Allen? 2087824411

It sounds like he has quit on the team. Everything you ever hear about the guy is very nebulous.

What a debacle his contract has turned into. It has hung like an albatross around the necks of the team, preventing them from resigning players or adding that one piece that may put them over the top the last two years.

kirklandrules

Cortez Allen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cortez Allen?   Cortez Allen? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 1:51 pm

Yeah, maybe the relationship between Allen and the Steelers (coaches) is fractured. I heard an interview with him last year after he had been sitting on the pine for a few weeks. He basically was saying he has no clue why he wasn't playing and indicated the interviewer needed to speak with Tomlin about what his injury was ... very much came across like he didn't have an injury.

I also heard an interview on Steelers Nation Radio with Dale Lolley the other day. He said he thinks Allen has had a chronic knee issue that ultimately causes frustration between player and coach.

The entire situation sucks because he demonstrated the ability to make plays prior to signing that contract. If, indeed, he's had knee issues ever since, it's got to piss off the coaches and frustrate Allen as well.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

Cortez Allen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cortez Allen?   Cortez Allen? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 2:23 pm

If Allen covered up his knee issues to get that big contract only to reveal those issues to a fuller extent after the fact, yeah, I see why the FO would want to create enough distance to where we won't miss him when hes cut.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cortez Allen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cortez Allen?   Cortez Allen? Empty

Back to top Go down

Cortez Allen?
Page 1 of 1