Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSean Spence - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Sean Spence

Go down 
+12
JPPT1974
Steeler-in-west
Fire Arians
effyou515
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
pczach
vasteeler
steelers5895
BlackAndGold
schillah
El-Gonzo Jackson
fer69
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

Sean Spence - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sean Spence   Sean Spence - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 11:09 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Titans sign ILB Sean Spence (1 year, $2.5 million): C+ Grade

Sean Spence has yet to live up to his third-round billing. He was chosen in that frame back in 2012, but couldn't even take the field until 2014 because of injuries. He was just mediocre by then, and continued to play that way this past season. Spence wasn't bad in coverage, but was abused against the run - which was expected of him when coming out of college.

Spence is a bit overpaid here, as he could've been obtained for less. As a positive though, Spence will be reunited with his former defensive coordinator, Dick LeBeau, so there won't be any sort of transition period.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#DHpUOAHuBkp23OwH.99

I thought Spence played pretty well for us, that guy is talking like he was horrible.

I don't think he is saying that. He is being realistic that Spence did get engulfed by blockers at the LOS. When Spence made plays it was him scraping thru seams from the weakside, or doing similar frontside before the guard got to him at the 2nd level. There were times he just got mauled and pushed out of the way. I do honestly believe that Vince Williams is better, so Spence was the 4th best ILB on the roster. Best of luck to him.
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

Sean Spence - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sean Spence   Sean Spence - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 2:49 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Titans sign ILB Sean Spence (1 year, $2.5 million): C+ Grade

Sean Spence has yet to live up to his third-round billing. He was chosen in that frame back in 2012, but couldn't even take the field until 2014 because of injuries. He was just mediocre by then, and continued to play that way this past season. Spence wasn't bad in coverage, but was abused against the run - which was expected of him when coming out of college.

Spence is a bit overpaid here, as he could've been obtained for less. As a positive though, Spence will be reunited with his former defensive coordinator, Dick LeBeau, so there won't be any sort of transition period.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#DHpUOAHuBkp23OwH.99

I thought Spence played pretty well for us, that guy is talking like he was horrible.

I think he's commenting just from the perspective of not living up to being a third round draft pick. I also think that Spence just hasn't shown the ability to take on blockers and hold up physically at times. He needs to be kept clean of blockers to be able to do anything on the field.

Not all of that has been Spence's fault. He suffered an awful injury, and has fought hard to come back from that. All things considered, he has done well for himself, and has given himself a chance at a good career after it looked like he would not be able to come back from the knee injury.

I like his effort, and I hope he has a long career in the NFL. He worked very hard just to have that chance.

Sean Spence
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2