Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWelcome Back TE David Johnson. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Welcome Back TE David Johnson.

Go down 
+4
PhantomJB93
fer69
kirklandrules
jak341
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Welcome Back TE David Johnson. Empty
PostSubject: Welcome Back TE David Johnson.   Welcome Back TE David Johnson. EmptyTue May 17, 2016 4:13 pm

A bigger point: are we trying to deplete the entire TE squad of the Chargers?

http://m.steelers.com/news/transactions/article-1/Steelers-Sign-TE-Johnson/cbbf276b-6cf6-4533-989e-0450e933f2ed
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Back TE David Johnson.   Welcome Back TE David Johnson. EmptyTue May 17, 2016 4:54 pm

jak341 wrote:
A bigger point: are we trying to deplete the entire TE squad of the Chargers?

http://m.steelers.com/news/transactions/article-1/Steelers-Sign-TE-Johnson/cbbf276b-6cf6-4533-989e-0450e933f2ed

The Steelers like their cast off NTs too. Chargers East?
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Back TE David Johnson.   Welcome Back TE David Johnson. EmptyTue May 17, 2016 6:00 pm

Superbowl!

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
PhantomJB93

PhantomJB93

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Back TE David Johnson.   Welcome Back TE David Johnson. EmptyTue May 17, 2016 7:43 pm

I could not possibly be more indifferent about this.

Actually nevermind, I could. Still pissed at him for the XLV fumble. We don't need him, I don't want him.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Back TE David Johnson.   Welcome Back TE David Johnson. EmptyWed May 18, 2016 8:09 am

Familiar with the offense and the organization, can play the hybrid FB/TE role and is somewhat versatile in that regard. Good depth move to bring him back. Ladarius Green and Jesse James are going to be the feature TEs in the offense, but Johnson will offer good depth at the position. We'll effectively have Green/James/Spaeth/Johnson. Doesn't seem like a bad lineup to me.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Back TE David Johnson.   Welcome Back TE David Johnson. EmptyWed May 18, 2016 11:40 am

fer69 wrote:
Superbowl!

dangit beat me to it Welcome Back TE David Johnson. 1797695198
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Back TE David Johnson.   Welcome Back TE David Johnson. EmptyWed May 18, 2016 11:50 am

PhantomJB93 wrote:
I could not possibly be more indifferent about this.

Actually nevermind, I could.  Still pissed at him for the XLV fumble.  We don't need him, I don't want him.

I go right to the root cause: He shouldn't have been playing FB and, therefore, wouldn't have missed an obvious blitzing Matthews. That's why I think the Steelers should FIRE ARIANS .... again, just for good measure.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Back TE David Johnson.   Welcome Back TE David Johnson. EmptyWed May 18, 2016 2:22 pm

Ugh....he's reinforcing the TE position????..... Welcome Back TE David Johnson. 1505004552 .....Too many bonehead plays and drops for me to forget and welcome him back with open arms.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Back TE David Johnson.   Welcome Back TE David Johnson. EmptyWed May 18, 2016 3:10 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
Ugh....he's reinforcing the TE position????..... Welcome Back TE David Johnson. 1505004552 .....Too many bonehead plays and drops for me to forget and welcome him back with open arms.

I think with James and the new TE he's not going to see the field as a TE but as a FB. I didn't like him much as a FB either though.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Back TE David Johnson.   Welcome Back TE David Johnson. EmptyWed May 18, 2016 6:02 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:

I think with James and the new TE he's not going to see the field as a TE but as a FB. I didn't like him much as a FB either though.

Fills the role of Will Johnson. Honestly, I thought we either needed Will Johnson or Rosie Nix on the roster, not both.

4 TE's or 2 FB's should not be that big a priority. I think with Harrison, Jones, Timmons all entering the final year of their contracts it would make more sense to use the roster spots for LB's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Back TE David Johnson.   Welcome Back TE David Johnson. Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome Back TE David Johnson.
Page 1 of 1