Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBen's worst game? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ben's worst game?

Go down 
+11
vasteeler
solardave
Jazzo
LambertWardSteel
SteelersNorth
Lokki
Fire Arians
FrancoLambert
El-Gonzo Jackson
jak341
QueenstownPa
15 posters
AuthorMessage
QueenstownPa
Xtreme Newb

Ben's worst game? Empty
PostSubject: Ben's worst game?   Ben's worst game? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 9:40 am

Where does yesterday rank with respect to stinkers in Ben's Hall Of Fame career? Yesterday was terribly boring for a Steeler/Bengal game Ben's worst game? 1797695198

I know the rain had a lot to do with it but the key is that Ben, unlike Eli, just doesn't have stinkers very often.

The awesome part is that Ben had a bad game (for him) and the Steelers still dominated!
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Ben's worst game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's worst game?   Ben's worst game? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 9:42 am

When I think of the worst game Ben has had, Super Bowl XL sticks out in my mind.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

Ben's worst game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's worst game?   Ben's worst game? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 10:52 am

This one is mediocre. 3 TD but 2 INT in a victory is hardly a terrible game. I'd chalk up that Raiders game he came back too soon and stunk it up as one of the top bad games.

SBXL was pretty bad, but 2nd year QB in his first super bowl and the team getting the ring takes the sting out of that for me.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

Ben's worst game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's worst game?   Ben's worst game? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 11:21 am

He came through when it mattered most...on that long drive that padded our lead.
As Gonzo stated, 3 TD's and 2 INT's to get a win....that's not terrible.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Ben's worst game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's worst game?   Ben's worst game? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 12:15 pm

it was a meh game but not terrible
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Ben's worst game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's worst game?   Ben's worst game? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 1:28 pm

Ben's scramble though!! I was laughing and cheering at the same time. He almost took it to the house.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

Ben's worst game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's worst game?   Ben's worst game? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 2:27 pm

People always point out SB XL as his worst game which admittedly it just might be, but we always forget about the 3 previous games.
Without Ben they don't even sniff that game.

His worst game?
hmmmmm '06 against the Raiders when he threw 4 picks and they lost 20-13 against Andrew Walter when he chucked it for a whopping 76 yards I believe lol
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Ben's worst game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's worst game?   Ben's worst game? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 3:08 pm

SteelersNorth wrote:
People always point out SB XL as his worst game which admittedly it just might be, but we always forget about the 3 previous games.

Exactly. I hear a lot from non-Steelers people about how they won XL despite Ben. I always say they got there and won because of Ben's QB play in the playoffs that year, and not to mention his game saving tackle in Indianapolis
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

Ben's worst game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's worst game?   Ben's worst game? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 3:20 pm

jak341 wrote:
When I think of the worst game Ben has had, Super Bowl XL sticks out in my mind.

I agree that Ben didn't look good statistically in Super Bowl XL, but he did come through when it mattered most. A lot of what he has done on the field over the years doesn't show up in the stats. For example, if it wasn't for him scrambling, extending the play, and completing that long pass to Hines Ward on 3rd and 28, the first TD would have never happened. I will take a QB who rises to the occasion in big moments over stats any day.

solardave

Ben's worst game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's worst game?   Ben's worst game? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 3:35 pm

Every HOF QB has had his bad games. The thing we've come to know about Ben is it's not over til it's over. Even his bad games almost always have that one "Holy shit did you see that play" moment. I grew up watching Bradshaw to Swann and Stallworth and at this point I think I'd take Ben because he makes WRs look great even when they might not be yet when he is not in even the great ones (AB) struggle.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

Ben's worst game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's worst game?   Ben's worst game? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 5:42 pm

ill take a bad day that he tosses 3 tds any day

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

Ben's worst game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's worst game?   Ben's worst game? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 6:29 pm

SteelersNorth wrote:

His worst game?
hmmmmm '06 against the Raiders when he threw 4 picks and they lost 20-13 against Andrew Walter when he chucked it for a whopping 76 yards I believe lol

We have a winner Ben's worst game? 2276209185

I also would probably go with the 2006 game in Oakland as a sometimes overlooked Bad Ben performance

1 TD - 4 INTs (with two pick sixes, one of which was a 100 yard runback)

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2006102911/2006/REG8/steelers@raiders#tab=recap&recap=fullstory

Of course Ben had received a major concussion the week before in Atlanta - even in those times when "getting your bell rung" was still just part of the game he should not have played - but Cowher had checked out by that point in his last season and let him play
Back to top Go down
Craziaskowboi

Ben's worst game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's worst game?   Ben's worst game? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 7:01 pm

His worst passer rating in a game was back in 2008 against the Redskins:

5/17, 50 yards, INT -- 15.1 rating.

Coincidentally, that game was played on Monday Night Football at Washington as well.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

Ben's worst game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's worst game?   Ben's worst game? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 7:33 am

Every QB is going to have an off game.
I would say Brady has the odd one but its hard to figure that out because he skirts the rules.

Heck, even GOD himself had an 'off' game Sunday Night Ben's worst game? 1549491426
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

Ben's worst game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's worst game?   Ben's worst game? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 6:59 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
This one is mediocre.  3 TD but 2 INT in a victory is hardly a terrible game.  I'd chalk up that Raiders game he came back too soon and stunk it up as one of the top bad games.  

SBXL was pretty bad, but 2nd year QB in his first super bowl and the team getting the ring takes the sting out of that for me.

Yea Oakland was brutal...

Banned

Ben's worst game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's worst game?   Ben's worst game? EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 8:24 pm

SteelersNorth wrote:

Not according to a mod here.  He only gave Ben credit for the Denver game.  

The Bengals and Colts were the defense and running.  Rolling Eyes

I would say at Ravens 2006, Jags 2006 was bad also. At home? Colts 2008, Bengals 2012.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ben's worst game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's worst game?   Ben's worst game? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben's worst game?
Page 1 of 1