Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDon't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?

Go down 
+13
solardave
steelcrazy
JPPT1974
effyou515
Fire Arians
Jazzo
Steel Peon
OX1947
FrancoLambert
kan_t
El-Gonzo Jackson
SteelersNorth
Steelcitian
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? Empty
PostSubject: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 9:06 am

I think it won't be easy, but I think its a winnable game. Its at home and Ryan Fitzpatrick has thrown nine interceptions over the past two games.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 10:01 am

I'm not sure what to expect.
Off to a good start with a massive DUD.
2011 we started with a real barn burner when we got thrashed by the Ravens 35-7. We started overall 6-2 after the half way point.
and oddly enough that was our last really solid start to a season.

Should they win yes, should it be handily...probably, but I expect it to be a bit tougher due to the Jets having a fairly solid D-line.

Hopefully we're 4-1 and rolling into the sauna known as Miami, Florida! :)
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 10:46 am

Yup, that D line can be disruptive, especially if they have to start both Hubbard and Finney. The Jets secondary is getting torched, but they have talent in Skrine and Revis on the corner, but that will be what dictates the game. If the offense puts up 30 points again against a struggling secondary of the Jets it should be a W.

Likewise, if the Steelers can get pressure on Fitzpatrick, he is in for a tough week again. If the Jets protect him, he also has weapons. I like the approach of the past few weeks of not giving up the big play and just tackling the ballcarrier effectively. Eventually Fitzpatrick will make another mistake and we may see the secondary find a INT this week.
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 11:32 am

The Steelers defense is not good enough to win the game on their own yet. The game would be decided by the Steelers OL and the Jets DL. The Jets run defense is one of the best in the league and Ben can't throw when he gets crushed.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 11:42 am

Jets and their coaching staff are getting buried in the press and on the airwaves in the metro NY-NJ area.
"Season on the brink...." "Bowles is a D-coordinator and not a head coach." "Fitzpatrick is a backup."
"Revis is done."

Sounds like the team will be very desperate for a win.

We should come out of this game with a win....but it won't be like last week.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 12:14 pm

Tomlin Era has shown that the Steelers barely win these games. I hate all the front running for the Steelers. I hope 24-10 game and let's go to the next game.
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 12:52 pm

I seem to remember the Jets always being able to find a few holes in our defense, and I think we've got quite a few more of those these days.

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 2:47 pm

OX1947 wrote:
Tomlin Era has shown that the Steelers barely win these games. I hate all the front running for the Steelers. I hope 24-10 game and let's go to the next game.

That is what my intuition was telling me and usually when I don't bring it up, it comes true. So now I have to break the jinx by saying that loss to Philly is still fresh in the minds of Tomlin, the rest of the coaches and players. I think our Steelers will come out to make another statement this Sunday! You already know Ben, AB, Bell and the rest of the offense will be on top of their game. I am still a little worried about our injuries on defense. Hopefully, our 2nd string shows up like last week!

Let's hope this Sunday's game isn't as close like this one below, lol. Anyone remember this crazy playoff game that went into overtime against the Jets in 2005? At least we still won it though...

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 4:22 pm

I'm a little worried, trap game. I'm not taking this one for granted, actually I been telling myself we're going to lose.

Reverse psychology has worked last year when playing bad teams Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 5:57 pm

is the national media gushing on the Steelers?

Ryan on his way out as a headcoach.

Steelers by one on a Boswell 54 yard field goal in swirling wind and a heavy down pour.

offense and defense looks like they just showed up for the game.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 10:08 pm

With Ryan F that is not playing really well. And that really he had that off season drama.Really that is hurting him big time.

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 2:44 am

effyou515 wrote:
is the national media gushing on the Steelers?

Ryan on his way out as a headcoach.

Steelers by one on a Boswell 54 yard field goal in swirling wind and a heavy down pour.

offense and defense looks like they just showed up for the game.
not being a know-it-all jerk or anything effyou..but you meant Ryan FITZPATRICK-the QB right??...Rex Ryan the head coach was fired after the 2014 season..regardl Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? 2287965686 ess thinking this game might be kinda close but homefield gives us needed advantage..PIT 28 NYJ 13

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 5:12 am

This game is where I think Bell and DW have to play a major roll in helping Ben get the ball out fast.
I don't see him having a lot of time back there with there front 4.
Maybe this is the week we see us not play down to our competition.

We need to wrap up and tackle well on D plus get pressure on Fitzpatrick. It might come down to Boswell kicking a bunch of field goals. I'm OK with that as long as we win.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 8:15 am

I'm thinking the team is still feeling the effects of the whoopin' they took from the eagles.

The chiefs beat down was just the tip of the ice berg in repayment. I believe the jets will receive a similar beat down despite the current view (and I tend to agree) this is a trap game.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 12:13 pm

Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? Giphy
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 12:13 pm

The game will be won or lost up front. If Heyward, Tuitt, Hargrave, Matthews can control the line of scrimmage and Jets O line, then I see the Jets scoring 16 points.

If the Steelers can get thru this game with Hubbard at RT and nobody else getting injured and they play well, then the Steelers can score 30.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 1:10 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? Giphy

Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? 3562723908

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 2:22 pm

Two times the jets(who had much less talent than their team this year) have spanked us....when we were favored to win.

No one should take their DL lightly...they are monsters and certainly have the ability to choke us out of the game if the steelers aren't fully prepared and focused.

Last edited by SteelerSpartan on Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 2:40 pm

SteelerSpartan wrote:
Two times the jets(who had much less talent than their team this year) have spanked us....when we were favored to win.

No one should take their DL lightly...they are monsters and certainly have the ability to choke us out of the game if the steelers aren't fully prepared and focus.

And that is why the phrase "Any Given Sunday...".

But if you had to wager, you take into account that Eric Dekker and Revis are out. Its Ben, Brown, Bell vs. Fitzpatrick, Marshall and Forte on offense. A Jets solid D line and beleaguered secondary vs. Heyward, Tuitt and an improving secondary.....I take the hometeam with better talent in this one.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 11:13 am

I smell trap game as well, IF it weren't at home, and IF we hadn't just gotten a dose of reality in Philly, and IF they didn't have Fitzpatrick as a QB, and IF the Ben to Coates connection was not working...those things combined, even with the slew of injuries we are dealing with SHOULD keep us up.

But I'm still at little concerned dealing with a team on the brink...

Geordie

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 12:39 pm

This game isn't live in the UK, seriously considering getting game pass for £140 which at the current exchange rate is abour $43,741. I wish there were another way to watch.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 2:28 am

Not bad.. I had around 30-16 and the Steelers win it 31-13. Still a bit of a messy win, but its a victory. Moving on to Miami....movin on.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 11:56 am

Geordie wrote:
This game isn't live in the UK, seriously considering getting game pass for £140 which at the current exchange rate is abour $43,741. I wish there were another way to watch.

WTF? $43,741? My calculations say 140 British Pounds equals roughly $161 USD. Am I missing something or is that a mistype?

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 12:23 pm

this game was a tell of two halves. The first half, the Steelers played down to the jets as if they didn't know what to expect. In the 2nd half, they played at a much higher level with a sense of urgency and intensity.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 1:31 pm

Jazzo wrote:
Geordie wrote:

WTF? $43,741? My calculations say 140 British Pounds equals roughly $161 USD. Am I missing something or is that a mistype?

I thought so too. Maybe some kind of devaluation post Brexit vote that we don't know of. Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?   Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets? Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't see it, Are we talking about the upcoming Jets?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next