Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins

Go down 
+15
Hawaii 5-0
jak341
Jazzo
Vis
SteelersNorth
solardave
kan_t
IowaSteeler927
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelersYak
Fire Arians
stlrtruck
FrancoLambert
El-Gonzo Jackson
Steelcitian
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins Empty
PostSubject: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 9:14 am

The Dolphins aren't scary at all, but we all now about playing down to the opponent.
I see Tannehill throwing a pair of ints.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 11:37 am

Steelers again should win this one if they prepare and don't turn the football over. No Heyward means that Matthews likely gets the start and Hargrave will work in rotation. Basically need to stop the Dolphins run, make Tannehill beat them, which wont happen unless he forgets he is Ryan Tannehill.

Lack of takeaways is a bit concerning so far with the defense, but at least they tackled well and challenged passes strongly.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 11:45 am

We should be fine as long as it's not 92 degrees with 80% humidity.
Something tells me we will be wearing our home uniforms.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 12:26 pm

Steelcitian wrote:
The Dolphins aren't scary at all, but we all now about playing down to the opponent.
I see Tannehill throwing a pair of ints.

I'll 'Price Is Right' you, and go with 3.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 12:40 pm

I have a feeling they're going to continue this streak they're on. This looks like a different team than the ones in the past, they're playing more inspired
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 2:07 pm

Hasn't BR7 historically done well in playing in Miami?

According to my count... BR7 is 6-1 vs. Miami with the one loss coming at home.

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 2:30 pm

Who remembers that 2007 game where the Steelers won 3-0? I remember the turf being a torn up mess.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 3:29 pm

Steelcitian wrote:
Who remembers that 2007 game where the Steelers won 3-0? I remember the turf being a torn up mess.

yeah i remember a kickoff where the ball didn't even bounce after hitting the ground, it got stuck there and wedged lol

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 2:50 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Steelers again should win this one if they prepare and don't turn the football over.  No Heyward means that Matthews likely gets the start and Hargrave will work in rotation.  Basically need to stop the Dolphins run, make Tannehill beat them, which wont happen unless he forgets he is Ryan Tannehill.

Lack of takeaways is a bit concerning so far with the defense, but at least they tackled well and challenged passes strongly.
tannehill shouldn't be overlooked.  is our defense any better than new englands ? tanney lit them up for 387 yards ...32/45 ...71.1%...2 tds...0 sacks...take away the 2 picks and he had one hell of a game. if his oline keeps him clean , he is capable of putting up some numbers. the steelers aren't exactly terrorizing qb's so far this year.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 4:13 am

This should easily be the worst offensive line unit we've gone up against so far this season. Brandon Albert is injured, Tunsil is injured. They're playing with a swiss cheese offensive line and Tannehill is one of the most sacked QBs in the league. If I'm Keith Butler my gameplan would consist of blitzes, blitzes, and more blitzes. I'd throw every blitz at them I could think of. Jail breaks, OLB blitzes, safety blitzes, corner blitzes... If we can pressure Tannehill, we can win this game. The Dolphins could easily be winless right now, they barely managed to beat the hapless Browns. We can and should win this game.

That being said sometimes a team that's backed into a corner is the most dangerous. Tomlin needs to tell our guys that we can't go into this game thinking they are pushovers. Need to take things one game at a time and take every opponent seriously, no matter their record.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 4:50 am

The Dolphins have given up 150.8 rushing yards per game this season (Ranked last in the league). Le'veon Bell and DeAngelo Williams should have a field day.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 5:11 am

kan_t wrote:
The Dolphins have given up 150.8 rushing yards per game this season (Ranked last in the league). Le'veon Bell and DeAngelo Williams should have a field day.

The whole offense should, if Bell and Williams can run the ball, that's going to make things even worse for the Dolphins secondary. On paper we should blow these guys out, but it has all the makings of a trap game.

I'm more worried about the game next week. We get the Patriots*, thankfully at home. I'm hoping the Bengals are pissed off after Dallas smacked them in the mouth and they take out their frustrations on the Patsies.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 6:21 am

Some of us looked at the Jets as a trap game and they took care of business. I hope this is a new trend and we go into this game with the "any given Sunday" mentality.

I agree with Iowa that we need to finally Blitz. If ever a game this is it. Establish a strong run game early so Ben can light them up. (Coates has to have a higher catch percentage). This could be AB's best game so far.

If we play smart and up to our potential I see us winning by at least 14. If we don't we loose by 3.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 8:00 am

Fire Arians wrote:
Steelcitian wrote:

yeah i remember a kickoff where the ball didn't even bounce after hitting the ground, it got stuck there and wedged lol

I was actually at this game!

It's remembered for all the wrong reasons lol
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 8:39 am

Steelcitian wrote:

I was there!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 9:27 am

The articles are right - this game is a trap game. We still win but look flat. 27-13

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 1:06 pm

Vis wrote:
The articles are right - this game is a trap game.  We still win but look flat.  27-13

This definitely resembles a trap game for Tomlin's Steelers teams in the past, so let's hope he finally has learned from it. Anyone remember back in 2013 when the defense had trouble containing Tannehill and the Fins edged our Steelers out in the snow? Then there was that crazy lateral play at the very end of the game and AB barely stepped out of bounds or else Pittsburgh would have won.

Just a note. We are 6-8 all time in Miami, so after Sunday let's please make it 7-8!

jak341

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 3:52 pm

Not liking the injury report so far.

http://m.steelers.com/news/injuryreport/article-1/Week-6-Injury-Report-Dolphins/79da811b-391e-4976-9da1-27557d54b806
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 7:38 pm

How good is Miami's run defense? If we win this one it's gotta be on the back of Le'Veon Bell. Our WR corps is basically nonexistant after AB
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 7:48 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
How good is Miami's run defense? If we win this one it's gotta be on the back of Le'Veon Bell. Our WR corps is basically nonexistant after AB

the Dolphins are dead last in the NFL in rushing yards allowed/game at 150.8 yds/gm

https://twitter.com/davidmtodd
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 10:17 pm

jak341 wrote:
Not liking the injury report so far.

http://m.steelers.com/news/injuryreport/article-1/Week-6-Injury-Report-Dolphins/79da811b-391e-4976-9da1-27557d54b806
Not good if both Wheaton and Coates are out. Fortunately Eli Rogers and Nix will be back. In addition Bell could line up as a WR and Brown is always there. The offense should still be able to overpower the Dolphins.

Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 10:26 pm

Bad news is that Ryan Tannehill will be QB all the way for the Fins. Unless Adam Gase will change his mind, team could be 1-15!

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 3:50 am

Just concentrate on the fins. Steelers have gone through this business before so they should know that they can get beat if they come out flat. I think the 27-13 prediction is pretty spot on. Game will be close and the steelers get some separation late, again.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 2:47 pm

I'm hoping that the Steelers come in, put up points early (and a lot of rushing yards) and then coast to a victory. The key will be not getting anymore injuries. Hopefully we can get to Danny Tannerhill a couple of times.

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 7:29 am

Wanted to add that everyone's camp favorite Anthony Chickillo will be starting this game.

Moats was demoted.

PostSubject: Re: The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins   The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins Empty

Back to top Go down

The Thread To Start Talking About The Dolphins
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next