Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWho's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?

Go down 
+23
Rick5895
El-Gonzo Jackson
Bays
JPPT1974
Steelcitian
effyou515
Geordie
kirklandrules
LambertWardSteel
schillah
muncher
Mach1
jak341
SteelersYak
Steeler-in-west
kan_t
Hawaii 5-0
WVABE
IowaSteeler927
Jazzo
stlrtruck
SteelersNorth
Fire Arians
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? Empty
PostSubject: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 2:42 pm

I won't. I don't see what's the purpose of torturing yourself watching a 3 hour public execution, while the announcers gobble tom brady's nuts the entire time.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 2:49 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
I won't. I don't see what's the purpose of torturing yourself watching a 3 hour public execution, while the announcers gobble tom brady's nuts the entire time.

same as watching anything to do with the Packers they still hobble gobble Rodgers.

But I'm a true fan and I'll subject myself to it like I did last year when Vick and Jones played. Although I fully expect this to be extra painful as in I wouldn't be surprised if the Cheatriots slap up a 60 burger urghhhhhhh

FWIW - Ben is to be back November 6th from what I've read
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 2:50 pm

I'd watch if it was anything but the Patriots*, i can't freakin stand losing to them and the media's love affair with tom.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 2:55 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
I'd watch if it was anything but the Patriots**, i can't freakin stand losing to them and the media's love affair with tom.

They all don't want to admit he's a cheat (yes I believe he is even if others don't) but again its the same exact blowhards that do the same with Rodgers. They dream up all the excuses in the world to say hes still amazing when in actuality he's pretty good just not THAT good.

I hate Cheatriots just as much as anyone but this isn't the Super Bowl or AFC Title game so let's all just get ready for Ravens week in 3 weeks when 7 returns!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 3:50 pm

I'll be watching. Got a friend and his birthday is the same day. Yes he's a Patriots* fan, but is a good friend and our friendship is much bigger than one game.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 4:18 pm

Fire Arians wrote:

Of course I will be watching! I've watched every game I could during the 85', 86', 88', 91', 98', 99', and 2003' seasons. What did those years have in common? The Steelers had losing records. I am far from a bandwagon, fair weather fan and I am not going to start being one now! I still have much faith in our Steelers! Its not like the 80's or early 90's when everything was lopsided. The parity in the NFL has increased ever since the salary cap was implemented in 1994.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 4:26 pm

I'll watch, but if it gets to blowout point I'll change it, no sense in watching then.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 4:38 pm

I'll be watching but I got a feeling its going to be closer than anyone realizes.

27-24 tossup

Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? 2573146105
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 4:39 pm

Jazzo wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

Of course I will be watching! I've watched every game I could during the 85', 86', 88', 91', 98', 99', and 2003' seasons. What did those years have in common? The Steelers had losing records. I am far from a bandwagon, fair weather fan and I am not going to start being one now! I still have much faith in our Steelers! Its not like the 80's or early 90's when everything was lopsided. The parity in the NFL has increased ever since the salary cap was implemented in 1994.

Oh I did too (at least from 91' on), but there hasn't ever been a team/player in the history of the NFL that I hate more than NE and Brady. It's gotten to the point where I didn't watch the last 2 SB's the Patriots** were in. I did watch the replay of the one they lost though, just because I knew I'd take pleasure from seeing that.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 7:22 pm

my wife has been wanting to go to Europe for a long time now. this might be the week to take her...
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:56 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
my wife has been wanting to go to Europe for a long time now. this might be the week to take her...

Lol, the exchange rates in some of the European countries are pretty low right now too.

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:05 pm

It's the Steelers. I watch them whenever I could. It's doesn't matter how bad or how good they're.

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 12:10 am

Patriots* Listed As 7.5-Point Road Favorites Over Steelers With Roethlisberger Out

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/10/Patriots*-listed-7-5-point-road-favorites-steelers-roethlisberger/
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 1:02 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Patriots** Listed As 7.5-Point Road Favorites Over Steelers With Roethlisberger Out

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/10/Patriots**-listed-7-5-point-road-favorites-steelers-roethlisberger/

If Shazier and Heyward play and Landry Jones plays mistake free, i could actually see the Steelers winning this game.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 7:05 am

Bellicheck  might be thinking. No Ben...we won't even have to cheat.Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? 2981382511  This could very well be a trap game for them. I would watch it anyway because it will be on here. I will record it too but if we get blown out I will delete it. Watching us get beat live is one thing. Keeping it so I can torture myself is just wrong. Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 8:31 am

How can people say they won't watch the game? How can you not support a team only because of 1 player? Holy cow, even Browns fans subject themselves to the torture every week.

This thread is incredibly disheartening. I am ashamed for anyone that would not support the team no matter what.

I am going to end this here before I get on a soap box and really let it rip.

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 9:26 am

SteelersYak wrote:
How can people say they won't watch the game?  How can you not support a team only because of 1 player?  Holy cow, even Browns fans subject themselves to the torture every week.

This thread is incredibly disheartening.  I am ashamed for anyone that would not support the team no matter what.  

No please. Get on that soapbox.

It's not healthy to keep things in. Vent your frustrations. Just let it out, like an emotional enema.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 11:44 am

SteelersYak wrote:
How can people say they won't watch the game?  How can you not support a team only because of 1 player?  Holy cow, even Browns fans subject themselves to the torture every week.

This thread is incredibly disheartening.  I am ashamed for anyone that would not support the team no matter what.  

Can we say I'll agree to disagree and we're all happy lol

First, plain and simple you're 100% right. If you're a fan of the team its ride or die no matter who's on the field.

Having said that, I do see the other side of it due to the fact that we're playing the Cheatriots and pretty much everyone outside of that shithole fan base known as New England despises/hates Brady and they don't want to watch him run up the score which I personally think will happen. Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? 2744185472

Regardless, I will watch it just like I suffered through the pasting in Philly and the debacle in Miami; I lasted until the clock hit 00:00 in the 4th quarter.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 11:47 am

I'll watch I like pain. No

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 1:51 pm

SteelersNorth wrote:

Having said that, I do see the other side of it due to the fact that we're playing the Cheatriots and pretty much everyone outside of that shithole fan base known as New England despises/hates Brady and they don't want to watch him run up the score which I personally think will happen. Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? 2744185472

I will never be able to understand it from the other side.  My fandom is like a marriage:  for better or for worse, richer or poorer, good health and in bad, and to death do us part.  I will watch every game that I can (I've taken radios to family Christmas and made plans on international trips to watch the game).  Why be a fan if you can't root for them when things get rough?  Having Ben out for a few weeks is hardly a struggle.  So what it's the Patriots**?  Did anyone think that Eli and the Giants stood a chance against them?  

I just will never understand someone being a coward and not watch a game because they don't think winning is possible.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 1:55 pm

it's not an issue of cowardice, i guess i look at football as entertainment. when it stops being entertaining i say fuck it and do something else fun, like go surfing lol

on the flipside i never understood the point of watching a game when it's already well out of reach (like the philly game) till the end. you're not getting paid to watch, you're not a member of the team, you really have no stake in the outcome of the game. Matter of fact, we're investing our money and time into something that means jack sh*t in the grand scheme of things. Hence why I turn the game off when it's no longer entertaining or interesting. It's like paying for a shit sandwich. F that, if i'm going to invest time and money I better be getting something worth it, or I'll spend my resources elsewhere.

With that said, steelers for life. But I guess the game itself to me is nothing more than just pure entertainment and nothing else.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 2:11 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
it's not an issue of cowardice, i guess i look at football as entertainment. when it stops being entertaining i say fuck it and do something else fun, like go surfing lol

on the flipside i never understood the point of watching a game when it's already well out of reach (like the philly game) till the end. you're not getting paid to watch, you're not a member of the team, you really have no stake in the outcome of the game. Matter of fact, we're investing our money and time into something that means jack sh*t in the grand scheme of things. Hence why I turn the game off when it's no longer entertaining or interesting. It's like paying for a shit sandwich. F that, if i'm going to invest time and money I better be getting something worth it, or I'll spend my resources elsewhere.

With that said, steelers for life. But I guess the game itself to me is nothing more than just pure entertainment and nothing else.

I have an athletic background. I've been on good teams and I've been on bad teams. I always gave as much effort on the good teams as I did the bad ones. I was loyal to the team and put in the time to be committed. I often paid to play these sports, to be entertained. I would never allow something to get between me and my loyalty to the team, no matter how much the cards would be stacked against winning that game.

To me, I wouldn't deserve to get to enjoy a Super Bowl win if I didn't give my 100% during the season. Again, it's just my two cents and how I choose to view it. People can do what they want (their choice) and I can view them how I want (my choice).

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 2:30 pm

Like I said, huge difference between playing for the team, and watching the team. I also come from a similar background and always put 110% into everything if I played for the team. Playing for the team is a commitment in itself and I agree. Watching sports, on the other hand, is entertainment.

I categorize entertainment / games as in the category of stuff to put down when it stops becoming fun. I guess everyone's different in that aspect, but I'm not one for self torture

In any case, I do this out of necessity. I've gotten in fights, kicked out of bars, and thrown into drunk tanks over Steeler losses. I used to take the game way too seriously and over half the fights i've gotten into in my life were from people talking crap about the Steelers. Eventually i had to look at how ridiculous it all was and not take it that serious anymore.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 3:12 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
SteelersNorth wrote:

I will never be able to understand it from the other side.  My fandom is like a marriage:  for better or for worse, richer or poorer, good health and in bad, and to death do us part.  I will watch every game that I can (I've taken radios to family Christmas and made plans on international trips to watch the game).  Why be a fan if you can't root for them when things get rough?  Having Ben out for a few weeks is hardly a struggle.  So what it's the Patriots*****?  Did anyone think that Eli and the Giants stood a chance against them?  

I just will never understand someone being a coward and not watch a game because they don't think winning is possible.

You nailed it! That is exactly how I have always felt over these past 35 years. Its embarrassing to know that we have so-called Steelers' fans out there running their mouth about not watching the game, because they think we have no chance of winning. I may be wrong, but I don't remember ever meeting any Steelers fans throughout the 80's, 90's, and even 2000's who acted like sissies. I remember all the fans I met were just happy to see our Steelers play on Sundays no matter what. Please don't tell me we have a bunch of fair weather bandwagon fans that have jumped on board recently. I see that enough up here in Washington with Seattle's fan base.

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 5:33 pm

why all the outrage for the fans that say they wont watch it?
why should the fans always be loyal to a team that isnt always loyal to the fans?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next