Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWho's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?

Go down 
+23
Rick5895
El-Gonzo Jackson
Bays
JPPT1974
Steelcitian
effyou515
Geordie
kirklandrules
LambertWardSteel
schillah
muncher
Mach1
jak341
SteelersYak
Steeler-in-west
kan_t
Hawaii 5-0
WVABE
IowaSteeler927
Jazzo
stlrtruck
SteelersNorth
Fire Arians
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
schillah

schillah

Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:49 pm

I'm curious to see Keith Butlers gameplan. Lebeau got it right one year and played tight man to man and blitz...then forgot about it after that. Brady torches our zone...every time

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 8:58 pm

I'll watch, I always support my team. We get into blowout territory though, then I'll probably change it. Hoping our guys show up Sunday and tear apart the Patsies even without Ben. If we could beat the Patriots* with our back up QB, that'd put the rest of the NFL on notice that the Steelers are far from done. We're at two losses, with a litany of injuries, a lot of times in the NFL it's just getting healthy and playing well at the right time that makes all the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 2:08 am

Fire Arians wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
I won't. I don't see what's the purpose of torturing yourself watching a 3 hour public execution, while the announcers gobble tom brady's nuts the entire time.

Of course I will be watching! I've watched every game I could during the 85', 86', 88', 91', 98', 99', and 2003' seasons. What did those years have in common? The Steelers had losing records. I am far from a bandwagon, fair weather fan and I am not going to start being one now! I still have much faith in our Steelers! Its not like the 80's or early 90's when everything was lopsided. The parity in the NFL has increased ever since the salary cap was implemented in 1994.

Oh I did too (at least from 91' on), but there hasn't ever been a team/player in the history of the NFL that I hate more than NE and Brady. It's gotten to the point where I didn't watch the last 2 SB's the Patriots*** were in. I did watch the replay of the one they lost though, just because I knew I'd take pleasure from seeing that.

That stretch in the 80's was particularly bad, but I watched all the games. I will watch this one. These games build the enjoyment for when they do win against teams that they've had a bad run against...and they will kick cheater ass where it counts in the future. It just may not be this week.

I remember some bad runs against the Bengals and Browns in the 80's, losing games and their idiots fans. I still remember that every time they beat the Browns or Bengals. It doesn't matter if the Browns are 2-14....I don't forget how I felt then, the idiots in the Dawg Pound, the bungles cleaning their cleats with Terrible Towels...the bungles stupid blaring 'Welcome to the Jungle'....

Watch the game...you'll enjoy the wins that will come all the more.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 3:47 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
I won't. I don't see what's the purpose of torturing yourself watching a 3 hour public execution, while the announcers gobble tom brady's nuts the entire time.

Of course I will be watching! I've watched every game I could during the 85', 86', 88', 91', 98', 99', and 2003' seasons. What did those years have in common? The Steelers had losing records. I am far from a bandwagon, fair weather fan and I am not going to start being one now! I still have much faith in our Steelers! Its not like the 80's or early 90's when everything was lopsided. The parity in the NFL has increased ever since the salary cap was implemented in 1994.

Oh I did too (at least from 91' on), but there hasn't ever been a team/player in the history of the NFL that I hate more than NE and Brady. It's gotten to the point where I didn't watch the last 2 SB's the Patriots**** were in. I did watch the replay of the one they lost though, just because I knew I'd take pleasure from seeing that.

That stretch in the 80's was particularly bad, but I watched all the games. I will watch this one. These games build the enjoyment for when they do win against teams that they've had a bad run against...and they will kick cheater ass where it counts in the future. It just may not be this week.

I remember some bad runs against the Bengals and Browns in the 80's, losing games and their idiots fans. I still remember that every time they beat the Browns or Bengals. It doesn't matter if the Browns are 2-14....I don't forget how I felt then, the idiots in the Dawg Pound, the bungles cleaning their cleats with Terrible Towels...the bungles stupid blaring 'Welcome to the Jungle'....

Watch the game...you'll enjoy the wins that will come all the more.

I couldn't agree more @LambertWardSteel! Most recently, I remember the 2003 season when we went 6-10 under Cowher and I watched every game to the very end thanks to the Sunday Ticket. Then the next 2004 season ended up being just what you mentioned. Pittsburgh went 15-1 during Ben's rookie season after he filled in for Maddox who got hurt. What's even funnier is how some folks at the time were saying that Ben was a lousy 1st round pick and wouldn't be any good. It's similar to all the shit I had to listen to about Shazier these last  couple of years. Anyway, my point is our Steelers built off those two seasons and won Super Bowl XL in 05'-06' season. That victory felt so damn great mainly because Pittsburgh hadn't brought the Lombardi Trophy back to Pittsburgh for 25 years up until that point.

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 12:05 pm

I watch as much of every game I can because:

1. I love the Steelers
  2. The offseason is so long that I need to get more than my fill to get through it.

I'll watch every bit of this game even if the Cheaters are winning big. You never know when someone like Tuitt or Hargraves pulls a Von Oelhoffen and rolls across Brady's knees, turning them into sausage. I would hate to miss that. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 4:50 pm

muncher wrote:
why all the outrage for the fans that say they wont watch it?
why should the fans always be loyal to a team that isnt always loyal to the fans?

"A team that isn't always loyal to the fans"

What are you talking about? Please explain how this team is disloyal to us. Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 2087824411
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 4:52 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
I watch as much of every game I can because:

1. I love the Steelers
  2. The offseason is so long that I need to get more than my fill to get through it.

I'll watch every bit of this game even if the Cheaters are winning big. You never know when someone like Tuitt or Hargraves pulls a Von Oelhoffen and rolls across Brady's knees, turning them into sausage. I would hate to miss that. Twisted Evil

YOU ARE PURE EVIL!!!! Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 3798349058 Don't forget Blount. I'd like to see some go Burfict on him out of bounds. Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:39 pm

Great. Kaboly wrote on Twitter that Hargrove and Tuitt were injured at practice today; saw them laying on the ground and said it doesn't look good.

Have to see how / if this develops.
Back to top Go down
Geordie

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 7:27 pm

It's the live game here in the UK. 9pm so I have lots of time to drink myself into a stupor to mumb the pain.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 7:50 pm

if its on local tv
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 8:10 pm

effyou515 wrote:
if its on local tv

Oh, it will be on unanimously in all 50 states across the country, except for the city of Atlanta.

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2016&wk=7

Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 07-CBS-L

For future reference, below I posted a link which is a great source for if you don't have the Sunday Ticket. It tells you what games will be shown in your local area every week.

http://506sports.com/nfl/

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 8:30 pm

Jazzo wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
if its on local tv

Oh, it will be on unanimously in all 50 states across the country, except for the city of Atlanta.

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2016&wk=7

Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 07-CBS-L

For future reference, below I posted a link which is a great source for if you don't have the Sunday Ticket. It tells you what games will be shown in your local area every week.

http://506sports.com/nfl/

I live in the Atlanta area so I won't be watching the game.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 2:17 am

effyou515 wrote:

That sucks! Sorry to hear that.

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 9:46 am

Heres a game plan thought to start with-maybe they should cover Gronk this time?
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 9:49 am

jak341 wrote:
Great. Kaboly wrote on Twitter that Hargrove and Tuitt were injured at practice today; saw them laying on the ground and said it doesn't look good.

Have to see how / if this develops.

Nothing came through on my Bleacher Report and that usually seems to be pretty accurate and fast to the jump so maybe it was actually a non-issue? Maybe they were playing tickle monster with each other? (That REALLY wouldn't look good but maybe would do something for moral)

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 1:24 pm

Ok I guess I'll watch the game, I was angry while posting this. I did pick the wrong week to quit drinking ugh lol
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 3:06 pm

Really just hope the Steelers can pull it off. Now that Big Ben is out for 2-6 weeks. Hope he gets better!

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 3:16 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Ok I guess I'll watch the game, I was angry while posting this. I did pick the wrong week to quit drinking ugh lol

Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 139rxc
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 3:31 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 1664291743
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 4:14 pm

solardave wrote:
muncher wrote:
why all the outrage for the fans that say they wont watch it?
why should the fans always be loyal to a team that isnt always loyal to the fans?

"A team that isn't always loyal to the fans"

What  are you talking about? Please explain how this team is disloyal to us. Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 2087824411

the players dont give their best effort on the field every game. they smoke dope and get suspended. they fake injuries so they dont have to play. hold out. etc.
ownership sold out to ticketmaster instead of allowing season ticket waiting list fans first shot at single game tickets. etc.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 4:15 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 4:54 pm

Jazzo wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

Sorry he won't be able to watch the game or sorry he lives in Atlanta? Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 1549491426 Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 3562723908

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 8:57 pm

No watch for me. Will have a house full of kids.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 12:51 am

Honestly I was upset when the station moved to a more competitive game during both the Eagles and Dolphins broadcast...I'll probably watch every game I can as long as i'm earth. Love my Steelers even when they're getting pounded Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 1797695198

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 12:52 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

Sorry he won't be able to watch the game or sorry he lives in Atlanta?  Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 1549491426 Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 3562723908

Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 1647293567

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next