Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWho's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?

Go down 
+23
Rick5895
El-Gonzo Jackson
Bays
JPPT1974
Steelcitian
effyou515
Geordie
kirklandrules
LambertWardSteel
schillah
muncher
Mach1
jak341
SteelersYak
Steeler-in-west
kan_t
Hawaii 5-0
WVABE
IowaSteeler927
Jazzo
stlrtruck
SteelersNorth
Fire Arians
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 1:38 am

Jazzo wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
I won't. I don't see what's the purpose of torturing yourself watching a 3 hour public execution, while the announcers gobble tom brady's nuts the entire time.

Of course I will be watching! I've watched every game I could during the 85', 86', 88', 91', 98', 99', and 2003' seasons. What did those years have in common? The Steelers had losing records. I am far from a bandwagon, fair weather fan and I am not going to start being one now! I still have much faith in our Steelers! Its not like the 80's or early 90's when everything was lopsided. The parity in the NFL has increased ever since the salary cap was implemented in 1994.

Oh I did too (at least from 91' on), but there hasn't ever been a team/player in the history of the NFL that I hate more than NE and Brady. It's gotten to the point where I didn't watch the last 2 SB's the Patriots***** were in. I did watch the replay of the one they lost though, just because I knew I'd take pleasure from seeing that.

That stretch in the 80's was particularly bad, but I watched all the games. I will watch this one. These games build the enjoyment for when they do win against teams that they've had a bad run against...and they will kick cheater ass where it counts in the future. It just may not be this week.

I remember some bad runs against the Bengals and Browns in the 80's, losing games and their idiots fans. I still remember that every time they beat the Browns or Bengals. It doesn't matter if the Browns are 2-14....I don't forget how I felt then, the idiots in the Dawg Pound, the bungles cleaning their cleats with Terrible Towels...the bungles stupid blaring 'Welcome to the Jungle'....

Watch the game...you'll enjoy the wins that will come all the more.

I couldn't agree more @LambertWardSteel! Most recently, I remember the 2003 season when we went 6-10 under Cowher and I watched every game to the very end thanks to the Sunday Ticket. Then the next 2004 season ended up being just what you mentioned. Pittsburgh went 15-1 during Ben's rookie season after he filled in for Maddox who got hurt. What's even funnier is how some folks at the time were saying that Ben was a lousy 1st round pick and wouldn't be any good. It's similar to all the shit I had to listen to about Shazier these last  couple of years. Anyway, my point is our Steelers built off those two seasons and won Super Bowl XL in 05'-06' season. That victory felt so damn great mainly because Pittsburgh hadn't brought the Lombardi Trophy back to Pittsburgh for 25 years up until that point.

True Dat.

Remember the 98 season and the great Ray Sherman at OC commanding the Steelers to the #28 ranked offense in the NFL? Drafted Troy Edwards the next season. Turning the TV off because Ben is injured is a bitch move IMO. If we can make it thru those years, the wannabe fans can sack up and support the team Sunday.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 1:59 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

True Dat.

Remember the 98 season and the great Ray Sherman at OC commanding the Steelers to the #28 ranked offense in the NFL?  Drafted Troy Edwards the next season.  Turning the TV off because Ben is injured is a bitch move IMO.  If we can make it thru those years, the wannabe fans can sack up and support the team Sunday.

I concur. I support this team no matter what, I don't selectively support them only when they're winning. They're still my team regardless of their record. Doesn't mean I won't turn a game off when it turns into a train wreck to save my mental health, but I will at least have the game on unless it gets absolutely out of hand (I.E. The Eagles Game).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 8:20 am

Jazzo wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:
SteelersNorth wrote:

Having said that, I do see the other side of it due to the fact that we're playing the Cheatriots and pretty much everyone outside of that shithole fan base known as New England despises/hates Brady and they don't want to watch him run up the score which I personally think will happen. Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 2744185472

I will never be able to understand it from the other side.  My fandom is like a marriage:  for better or for worse, richer or poorer, good health and in bad, and to death do us part.  I will watch every game that I can (I've taken radios to family Christmas and made plans on international trips to watch the game).  Why be a fan if you can't root for them when things get rough?  Having Ben out for a few weeks is hardly a struggle.  So what it's the Patriots*******?  Did anyone think that Eli and the Giants stood a chance against them?  

I just will never understand someone being a coward and not watch a game because they don't think winning is possible.

You nailed it! That is exactly how I have always felt over these past 35 years. Its embarrassing to know that we have so-called Steelers' fans out there running their mouth about not watching the game, because they think we have no chance of winning. I may be wrong, but I don't remember ever meeting any Steelers fans throughout the 80's, 90's, and even 2000's who acted like sissies. I remember all the fans I met were just happy to see our Steelers play on Sundays no matter what. Please don't tell me we have a bunch of fair weather bandwagon fans that have jumped on board recently. I see that enough up here in Washington with Seattle's fan base.

I am 54 years old, Have been a fan since 1972, being from Canada, in those days all you heard was Franco and Mean Joe, I became a rabid fan when I started playing football in 1976 and haven't looked back.  I've never missed a game that I could watch, never turned off a game I was watching because they were getting beat, THIS IS THE FREAKEN STEELERS we are talking about here.  IMO no self respecting, true, die hard fan would ever not watch the STEELERS if the opportunity to watch was there.  This is the NFL and anything can happen.  
Do I expect the Steelers to win, not really, too many injuries to key players other than Ben, but I'll watch just the same because anything can happen, my Sundays or whatever game day is revolve around the Steelers.  As a person in Law enforcement I work weekends, but I take vacation days for every STEELERS game day.  
If you can't/won't watch because you think we'll lose or your hatred for the other team is stronger than your love of the Steelers go cheer for someone else!!
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 2:04 pm

Rick5895 wrote:
I am 54 years old, Have been a fan since 1972, being from Canada, in those days all you heard was Franco and Mean Joe, I became a rabid fan when I started playing football in 1976 and haven't looked back.  I've never missed a game that I could watch, never turned off a game I was watching because they were getting beat, THIS IS THE FREAKEN STEELERS we are talking about here.  IMO no self respecting, true, die hard fan would ever not watch the STEELERS if the opportunity to watch was there.  This is the NFL and anything can happen.  
Do I expect the Steelers to win, not really, too many injuries to key players other than Ben, but I'll watch just the same because anything can happen, my Sundays or whatever game day is revolve around the Steelers.  As a person in Law enforcement I work weekends, but I take vacation days for every STEELERS game day.  
If you can't/won't watch because you think we'll lose or your hatred for the other team is stronger than your love of the Steelers go cheer for someone else!!

That's awesome Rick! I hope you get like 4 weeks of vacation a year. So that means after our Steelers win the Super Bowl, you will have used up 19 days (assuming we get a first round bye) of your vacation time? Oh wait, we did have one Monday night and a Thursday Thanksgiving game coming up. So 17 then? lol

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 3:11 pm

Jazzo wrote:
Rick5895 wrote:

That's awesome Rick! I hope you get like 4 weeks of vacation a year. So that means after our Steelers win the Super Bowl, you will have used up 19 days (assuming we get a first round bye) of your vacation time? Oh wait, we did have one Monday night and a Thursday Thanksgiving game coming up. So 17 then? lol

Thanks Jazzo. I work 7 shifts in a 2 week period so every other weekend, and because I'm an old bastard, lol, been doing this a long time get 6 weeks vacation. Can't imagine ever missing a Steelers game, in fact I've been to 9 straight home openers and love those weekends with my son and we'd go even if they were 0 fer!

Can't wait for Sunday vs Cheatriots. Here's hoping for a couple of touchdowns from the D, and LeVeon having a 250 yards day from scrimmage Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 2287965686
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 9:30 pm

I would never miss a Steelers game.  Period.

Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 445499957 Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 1650858226 Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 1620455514 Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 707368081 Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 2978081658
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 5:42 am

I have a Steeler Helmet tattooed on my left arm. I did it because I knew I'd never want to root for any other team then them. If I ever have a reason (they move them to Russia) to quit rooting for them I would not watch football again. It's genetic. I was born in PA. I graduated from the same High School as Joe Montana. I was born in Ken Griffey and Stan Musial's home town.
Back in 96 or 97 I went to a sports bar to watch us beat the Browns. We were losing so bad I went home only to find out Stewart threw for I think 3 TDs in the second half and we won. Lesson learned.

I will be watching this game with hope that we pull off the upset. Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 1647293567
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 10:02 am

of course im going to watch the game. there is no way in hell i would miss it. the best thing about the game is the built in excuse if we lose... no ben Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 3798349058

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 12:10 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

True Dat.

Remember the 98 season and the great Ray Sherman at OC commanding the Steelers to the #28 ranked offense in the NFL?  Drafted Troy Edwards the next season.  Turning the TV off because Ben is injured is a bitch move IMO.  If we can make it thru those years, the wannabe fans can sack up and support the team Sunday.

I concur. I support this team no matter what, I don't selectively support them only when they're winning. They're still my team regardless of their record. Doesn't mean I won't turn a game off when it turns into a train wreck to save my mental health, but I will at least have the game on unless it gets absolutely out of hand (I.E. The Eagles Game).

Agreed - but I am setting the over/under on when I turn the game off tomorrow at 10 minutes to go in the third quarter Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 1797695198

Not a good sign for the 2016 season when I probably will have bailed on two games in the third quarter (Eagles and Pats*) by week 7 of the season
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 3:21 am

Quote :
I am 54 years old, Have been a fan since 1972, being from Canada, in those days all you heard was Franco and Mean Joe, I became a rabid fan when I started playing football in 1976 and haven't looked back.  I've never missed a game that I could watch, never turned off a game I was watching because they were getting beat, THIS IS THE FREAKEN STEELERS we are talking about here.  IMO no self respecting, true, die hard fan would ever not watch the STEELERS if the opportunity to watch was there.  This is the NFL and anything can happen.   Do I expect the Steelers to win, not really, too many injuries to key players other than Ben, but I'll watch just the same because anything can happen, my Sundays or whatever game day is revolve around the Steelers.  As a person in Law enforcement I work weekends, but I take vacation days for every STEELERS game day.  

Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 1647293567 awesome post. Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 2276209185
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 5:02 am

I've been watching since the late 70's. I'm not going to stop now. Win or lose, that's my team. but i will shut it off if it gets out of hand, i don't need that torture. But i'll be back to watching the Ravens game, and hoping for a win.

I'm assuming the steelers will be fired up for this one. Everyone is counting them out and expecting the Pats* to come into their house and embarrass them? I'd be surprised if the Steelers don't put up a huge fight and the coaches put together a solid game plan.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?   Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who's actually gonna watch the Patriots*** game?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3