Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGame thread V Cowboys - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Game thread V Cowboys

Go down 
+16
FrancoLambert
Wallace108
Atlanta Dan
schillah
solardave
Shalieve5090
Steelcitian
IowaSteeler927
jak341
Steeler-in-west
SteelerFreak58
Drizztbob
SteelCity4Life
Fire Arians
OX1947
Geordie
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game thread V Cowboys   Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 9:50 am

This is where we thin out the fair weather fans and see who is still really a fan. Were just going through a rough time right now and we can't expect them to win all the time or for everything to go smoothly. The NFL is a highly competitive league. The no discipline just killed the defense on making a stand. I actually feel sorry for the Browns next week.
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: Game thread V Cowboys   Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 11:08 am

Steelcitian wrote:
This is where we thin out the fair weather fans and see who is still really a fan. Were just going through a rough time right now and we can't expect them to win all the time or for everything to go smoothly. The NFL is a highly competitive league. The no discipline just killed the defense on making a stand. I actually feel sorry for the Browns next week.

Honestly, your statement cannot apply to this team right now. Why would you feel sorry for the browns? Granted they have qb issues but when has that mattered when playing the steelers? Someone on the browns offense is going to make plays. And who knows what steeler offense shows up in that game. Its no guarantee. You can still be a fan and highly critical of this team and rightfully so. The steelers are wasting talent on the offense. Reminds of when we had ward, burress, and randle el...those three never won the superbowl together and should of. As it seems now Ben, Bell, and Brown are heading that way

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Game thread V Cowboys   Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 11:28 am

stlrtruck wrote:
I'm calling it now, the Steelers win out the season.

come on man
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Game thread V Cowboys   Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 11:30 am

Steelcitian wrote:

The thing that's alarming is that this trend of 'no discipline' has been around for at least a couple years. Now, a trend can be tradition if it continues unfixed for long enough. When a lack of discipline becomes tradition, you become the browns / raiders / bengals and become perrenial losers.
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Game thread V Cowboys   Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 11:44 am

schillah wrote:
Steelcitian wrote:

Honestly, your statement cannot apply to this team right now. Why would you feel sorry for the browns? Granted they have qb issues but when has that mattered when playing the steelers? Someone on the browns offense is going to make plays. And who knows what steeler offense shows up in that game. Its no guarantee. You can still be a fan and highly critical of this team and rightfully so. The steelers are wasting talent on the offense. Reminds of when we had ward, burress, and randle el...those three never won the superbowl together and should of. As it seems now Ben, Bell, and Brown are heading that way
Because I'm hoping the Steelers are so pissed off that they demolish the Browns...
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Game thread V Cowboys   Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 12:19 pm

Steelcitian wrote:

It's not about being "fair weathered" it's about expecting more from a team that is loaded with so much talent and watching it get squandered by a plethora of inept coaches.  The 2 point conversion catch up game, the poor clock management, the AWFUL play calling and in game decisions especially on defense, the inability to properly prepare for shit squad opponents, the constant beating on long yardage gains....etc etc etc.

It's asinine, and yet we as "fair weathered" fans are expected to accept it all?  Bullshit.  I hold myself as a fan, and this team, to higher standards where clearly the ONLY standard is sub-par coaching.

Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Game thread V Cowboys   Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 12:43 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Steelcitian wrote:

It's not about being "fair weathered" it's about expecting more from a team that is loaded with so much talent and watching it get squandered by a plethora of inept coaches.  The 2 point conversion catch up game, the poor clock management, the AWFUL play calling and in game decisions especially on defense, the inability to properly prepare for shit squad opponents, the constant beating on long yardage gains....etc etc etc.

It's asinine, and yet we as "fair weathered" fans are expected to accept it all?  Bullshit.  I hold myself as a fan, and this team, to higher standards where clearly the ONLY standard is sub-par coaching.
I'm talking about the fans that are only around when they win. Its perfectly fine to be upset at the play calling, coaching, discipline etc.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Game thread V Cowboys   Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 2:12 pm

Steelcitian wrote:
schillah wrote:
Steelcitian wrote:

Because I'm hoping the Steelers are so pissed off that they demolish the Browns...

Not gonna hold my breath, we were all hoping for that for 3 weeks in a row
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Game thread V Cowboys   Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 2:35 pm

At least Pitt beat Clemson.

Anyone rootin' for the Girls next week? I am. I hope its a f-ing thrashing.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Game thread V Cowboys   Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 3:36 pm

WVABE wrote:
At least Pitt beat Clemson.

Anyone rootin' for the Girls next week? I am. I hope its a f-ing thrashing.

It's going to be a good game. I'm thinking Big D pulls it out late. Ravens run D is tops in the league [http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/position/defense], but Dallas has the 2nd best run offense [same source].

I'm thinking Dallas's line will wear down the B-more D-line by the 4th quarter. Dak Prescott will be the key as well. If he completes passes, it's going to be a long day for Baltimore.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Game thread V Cowboys   Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 4:06 pm

There's only one word to describe our defense and I'm gonna spell it out for ya....

S A W F T....
SsssssssssssAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffTttttttttttttttttttttt

@Wallace108

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Game thread V Cowboys   Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 4:44 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
There's only one word to describe our defense and I'm gonna spell it out for ya....

S A W F T....
SsssssssssssAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffTttttttttttttttttttttt

@Wallace108

Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 1664291743

At times, the defense looks like sh....

Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 Mqdefault  IT

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: Game thread V Cowboys   Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 7:08 pm

You know what happens when the steelers lose 4 straight?

*takes out pen*

Tomlin! You just made the list!
Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 2Q==

PostSubject: Re: Game thread V Cowboys   Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 8:28 pm

The Steelers built there teams from the ground up to stop the run. Then teams started spreading us out and throwing EVERY down. So we tried adapted and draft fast LB and pass rushing DL men, now teams are running right down our throats, and we're still having trouble getting to the QB and stopping the pass. We have no identity. Our defense is lost.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Game thread V Cowboys   Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 9:37 pm

schillah wrote:
You know what happens when the steelers lose 4 straight?

*takes out pen*

Tomlin! You just made the list!
Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 2Q==

Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 1647293567

Whatta we have here?

Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 68527320

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Game thread V Cowboys   Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 8:46 am

When you can derail the Game Day thread in to a wrestling thread...

Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 145311802 Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 1162051252

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game thread V Cowboys   Game thread V Cowboys - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game thread V Cowboys
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4