Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread

Go down 
+34
Chaotic Zen
rellimie
njsteeler87v2
OX1947
Steeler-in-west
zcoop
SteelCity4Life
Scottish Steeler
kirklandrules
FrancoLambert
steelcrazy
Steelcitian
StainlessStill
Drizztbob
schillah
Shalieve5090
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
SteelerSpartan
solardave
Mach1
IowaSteeler927
LambertWardSteel
Atlanta Dan
jak341
Wallace108
Rick5895
El-Gonzo Jackson
SteelersYak
effyou515
Lokki
SteelerFreak58
Fire Arians
Jazzo
stlrtruck
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread Empty
PostSubject: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 3:19 pm

No reason to not keep this going.

We've got all week to predict the outcome, list our fears, and voice our expectations.

Right now I'm feeling good about Sunday.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 3:27 pm

What concerns me about the Patriots*****:
Lewis - RB, WR, and ST player. Speed to burn and while we handled Hill, there's no rest for the wicked
Brady - he cries like a bitch when he gets hit and constantly sad eyes his face to the refs trying to get a flag
WRs - they're a talented bunch and certainly given us problems in the past
Coaching - even though there are levels of cheating scandals, the one thing the Patriots***** coaching staff is able to do is make great in game changes

On the Steelers side of the ball:
Secondary - while they've improved I would consider them the weak link of the defense
Roughing the Passer - Brady's a puss and hit him too hard and we'll be giving them chunks of field without them earning it
Tackling (specifically RBs) - certainly an area of concern considering Blount will probably be desiring to duplicate his efforts from the first game we played
Red Zone Offense - while we put up 30 against the Dolphins, we should've put up more against the Chiefs and didn't.

Bottom line:
Must whine, can no lose

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 3:29 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

Right now I'm feeling good about Sunday.

Amen to that! I haven't been this excited since our run in 2008-2009. I have been wanting revenge since the 2001 and 2004 AFC Championship games.

Last edited by Jazzo on Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 3:31 pm

Article about Belichick furious at the unsportsmanlike penalty they received against the Texans.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-Patriots*/belichick-sounds-hes-still-hot-about-rowe-unsportsmanlike-penalty?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo&yptr=yahoo&ref=yfp

Here's the kicker quote of them all:
Quote :
You can't do things that are defined by the rules as illegal. You can't do them. Period. There's no right thing to do. The rule's the rule. You have to play the game by the rules. Obviously we have to do a better job of coaching it.

He must've forgotten about Spygate and Deflategate. Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread 2829330259 confused

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 4:29 pm

fuck the Patriots*, that's all i really got to say
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 4:31 pm

Charley Casserly (on ESPN) is already stating Tom Brady will have a field day on our secondary come Sunday.

Starting the week off right as the underdog

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 4:37 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Charley Casserly (on ESPN) is already stating Tom Brady will have a field day on our secondary come Sunday.

Starting the week off right as the underdog

I think the media is overrating the Patriots*** defense, they haven't faced an offense nearly as good as ours all season. Matter of fact, the last time they faced a good QB was against russell wilson at home, which they lost.

Since then?

Kapernick
Fitzpatrick (x2)
Goff
Flacco
Siemian
Moore
Osweiler

Uh, yeah. How hard would it be to have the top scoring defense when you're facing this?

Color me unimpressed with their #3 rush defense also, when the best qb's you faced all season was Russell Wilson, Andy Dalton, and Joe Flacco, it's safe to stack the box and sell out on the run. Try that against us and AB will break 200 yds and 3 TD's. Don't and Bell will do what he did all season lol.

The Pats* have had a cupcake schedule all season, and I haven't seen them win any games through adversity. The current Steeler team appears hungry and doesn't seem to fear them like the past. I have a feeling the current Steeler team is going to Foxborough and is going to punch them in the mouth, and hard.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 4:56 pm

It's going to be the toughest game of the year for the Steelers but I really think this team can beat the Pats* if they execute and limit their mistakes. They are going to have to score TDs when they get in the red zone. Long controlled drives keeping Marsha off the field and putting 7s on the board. The defense will give up points the Cheatriots have a way of doing that but if we can keep them under 21 points they will have a great shot at winning the game.

The Pats* defense is over rated hell Osweiler moved the ball on them and that offense is nothing compared to what we have.

If we don't shoot ourselves in the feet like we seem to do lately (fumbles, INTs, etc, etc) and play our game of ball control this game is very winnable.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 5:45 pm

Start drinking now?
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 5:51 pm

Steelers win Steelers win I'm liking it the talking heads are all up the Patriots* ass. you know we'll all be sitting on the edge of are seats biting bullets sweating it out until the defense gets the key turnover that wins the game.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 6:01 pm

I hate the Patriots* with a fiery passion. I want this win so bad. So so so bad.

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 10:02 pm

Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread Brady_10

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 10:49 pm

Lokki wrote:
Start drinking now?

You mean you actually stopped?? Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread 2829330259
Back to top Go down
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 11:05 pm

This team has the look of the 2005 team. That year in playoffs we beat blew out the Bengals in the wild card game (same as Dolphins) Tight game vs Colts in divisional round in which they missed FG to tie ( Chiefs missed a convert attempt to tie) then blew out a favored home team, Broncos, in AFCCG, Patriots* ......who knows.
I expect the Falcons to beat the Packers, the Falcons are the highest scoring team in league. In 05 we held the highest scoring team in league (Suck hawks) to 10 points in the SB
Very similiar.....
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 11:50 pm

Jazzo wrote:
Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread Brady_10

Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread 82260280

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 12:15 am

Rick5895 wrote:
This team has the look of the 2005 team.  That year in playoffs we beat blew out the Bengals in the wild card game (same as Dolphins) Tight game vs Colts in divisional round in which they missed FG to tie ( Chiefs missed a convert attempt to tie) then blew out a favored home team, Broncos, in AFCCG,  Patriots** ......who knows.  
I expect the Falcons to beat the Packers,  the Falcons are the highest scoring team in league.  In 05 we held the highest scoring team in league (Suck hawks) to 10 points in the SB
Very similiar.....  

Yeah, it looks like the 2005 team but without great defensive players like Smith, Hampton, VonOlhoffen, Porter, Farrior, Polamalu and Taylor. Offensively I think the lines were similar with Faneca, Marvel Smith, Jeff Hartings, Kendall Simmons but Heath Miller, Hines Ward and Randle El were a deeper group of receivers.

The 2016 Steelers have a great O line, QB, RB, WR, but are thin on TE/WR depth. Thin on D line, young in the secondary and their best player is 38 years old. This current team is not a top defense like the 2005 team.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Tecmo Super Bowl Prediction: 2017 AFC Championship Game   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:49 am

I wouldn't mind this outcome at all. Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread 1797695198

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:58 am

Jazzo wrote:
I wouldn't mind this outcome at all. Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread 1797695198

That's a surprising outcome since it's highly likely cheat codes were being used. Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 7:12 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Rick5895 wrote:
This team has the look of the 2005 team.  That year in playoffs we beat blew out the Bengals in the wild card game (same as Dolphins) Tight game vs Colts in divisional round in which they missed FG to tie ( Chiefs missed a convert attempt to tie) then blew out a favored home team, Broncos, in AFCCG,  Patriots**** ......who knows.  
I expect the Falcons to beat the Packers,  the Falcons are the highest scoring team in league.  In 05 we held the highest scoring team in league (Suck hawks) to 10 points in the SB
Very similiar.....  

Yeah, it looks like the 2005 team but without great defensive players like Smith, Hampton, VonOlhoffen, Porter, Farrior, Polamalu and Taylor.  Offensively I think the lines were similar with Faneca, Marvel Smith, Jeff Hartings, Kendall Simmons but Heath Miller, Hines Ward and Randle El were a deeper group of receivers.

The 2016 Steelers have a great O line, QB, RB, WR, but are thin on TE/WR depth.  Thin on D line, young in the secondary and their best player is 38 years old.  This current team is not a top defense like the 2005 team.

I agree, however, Tuitt is very similiar to Smith, we will never see another player like Casey on the DL, the game isn't played that way it seems, Hargrave is a great add.  Harrison is a better player than Porter and at 38 is providing the D with "Porter" type leadership that Joey had back in 05.  We will never see another Troy, he's a once in a lifetime player, true we don't have a shut down like Ike was and as much as I loved Farrior I'll take Timmons and/or Shazier. No, we don't have the WR depth but we have a veteran Ben. That all being said, you can't compare individual talent to that team, just like those guys didn't compare to the super bowl teams of the 70's ( I was in high school then and I remember how great those players were).  Point I'm making is they are jelling as a team and coming together as that team did.
With the way Davis, Burns and Hargrave have come along, with the way Shazier and Dupree are we may well have the start of a great run moving forward.  If not tis season in future seasons.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 7:27 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Lokki wrote:
Start drinking now?

You mean you actually stopped?? Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread 2829330259

Well, I was trying to figure out the transition point from where I stop drinking from the KC game and start drinking for the Pats** game.  I guess Wednesday would be the transition point.  Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread 1549491426
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 9:15 am

Lokki wrote:
Start drinking now?

Slacker, you should've started drinking Sunday night right after the Chiefs game for this one. Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread 1664291743

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 12:19 pm

Listening to the Tomlin presser, no notable injuries except the following: Harrison has a shoulder injury. Not practicing until late in week, and participation will be his guide for Sunday.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 12:34 pm

Someone asked Tomlin if #7 needs to be great, not just good, to win against the Pats*. Tomlin said the team needs to be great, not just the QB.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 12:36 pm

Tomlin also just shut down any further questions about the AB video.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Liked this salty comment by Tomlin in response to being asked about not having needed to beat the Pats* in the 2008 and 2010 playoff runs to the Super Bowl

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next