Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread

Go down 
+34
Chaotic Zen
rellimie
njsteeler87v2
OX1947
Steeler-in-west
zcoop
SteelCity4Life
Scottish Steeler
kirklandrules
FrancoLambert
steelcrazy
Steelcitian
StainlessStill
Drizztbob
schillah
Shalieve5090
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
SteelerSpartan
solardave
Mach1
IowaSteeler927
LambertWardSteel
Atlanta Dan
jak341
Wallace108
Rick5895
El-Gonzo Jackson
SteelersYak
effyou515
Lokki
SteelerFreak58
Fire Arians
Jazzo
stlrtruck
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 12:39 pm

TollingtheBell26 wrote:
Green should be a go, and that will make this offense even more dangerous then it already is

I don't know what to think anymore, I thought when he had 2 full practices in dolphins week that he'd play for sure. I'm not holding my breath on a green comeback, but with the way James has been playing, I'm ok with whatever happens.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 1:41 pm

Green is a better deep threat and I hope he plays but JJ has turned into a good blocking TE in the short pass game.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 1:54 pm

solardave wrote:
Green is a better deep threat and I hope he plays but JJ has turned into a good blocking TE in the short pass game.
Which I believe was the biggest knock on him coming out of PSU.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 4:06 pm

Greens brain is scrambled eggs. JJ has been getting shit done just fine and should be the go to guy now.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 4:19 pm

Green and Harrison didn't practice today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/19/james-harrison-ladarius-green-dont-practice-thursday/

Bell excused from practice for personal reasons.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/19/leveon-bell-excused-from-practice-for-personal-reasons/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 5:41 pm

green = free agent bust
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 7:45 pm

Cover page for the Post-Gazette's AFC championship section.

Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 C2ipGN6WQAAlCPD
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 10:00 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Cover page for the Post-Gazette's AFC championship section.

Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 C2ipGN6WQAAlCPD

Shouldn't the ball be deflated and the death star cannon be a huge camera instead, defended by a squadron of burning tapes Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 1797695198
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 12:42 am

I sure hope Butler comes up with something to stop Edelman on crossing routes. Last game he only had Timmons to cover it

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 2:37 am

Mike Tomlin says flu bug won't slow Steelers' preparations for Patriots*

PITTSBURGH -- A 24-hour flu bug has permeated the Pittsburgh Steelers locker room and affected several players leading up to the AFC Championship Game on Sunday.

Tight end Ladarius Green missed practice Thursday with an illness, and wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey was one of four players to sit out Wednesday. Wide receiver Cobi Hamilton said up to 15 people in the Steelers facility have suffered a setback this week.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18512755/mike-tomlin-says-pittsburgh-steelers-ready-new-england-Patriots*-battling-flu-bug

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Patriots* Fans Stomp on Terrible Towel   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 5:45 am

Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 1153444892 "WATCH: Patriots* fans stomp on Terrible Towel, risking the wrath of the curse.  Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 2625562446

New England fans are feeling good about their team's chances against the Steelers in the AFC Championship, but they're playing with fire by disrespecting Pittsburgh's beloved Terrible Towel.

The Twitter video below, which was posted Wednesday, shows a group of Patriots* fans stomping on one of the yellow towels beloved by Steelers fans worldwide."

Twitter Video

"They're just fans, not Patriots* players, so who knows if the Terrible Towel curse will be invoked in this case. Regardless, it's not a wise move to even go there.

In a December game, Cincinnati running back Jeremy Hill was seen pretending to rip apart a towel on the Bengals' sideline. The Steelers rallied from a 14-point deficit to win.

Videos of Miami and Kansas City fans stomping on the towel were seen on social media before the Steelers played -- and defeated -- both of those teams in the AFC playoffs."

http://www.wtae.com/article/watch-Patriots*-fans-stomp-on-terrible-towel/8615663

Drizztbob

PostSubject: SHOCKING Revelation:   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 9:31 am

Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 Bill10

Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 9:42 am

BTW, let's take a look at who the Tom Brady led Patriots* have beat this year:
Charlie Whitehurst, Andy Dalton, Landry Jones, Tyrod Taylor, Kapernick, Fitzpatrick, Goff, Flacco, Siemian, and Matt Moore...

Any of those names striking fear into the hearts of the NFL?? I didn't think so.

This is a different team, a different time of year, and a future Hall of Fame quarterback who knows it's time to play the best football of his career.

Keep the faith, I think we are going to have a surprise in store for the Foxboro faithful...

Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 9:50 am

Sorry, I practically repeated what has already been said in this thread, so I merged it...

Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 9:56 am

Enter Flugate:
http://dailysnark.com/Patriots*-15-steelers-players-24-hours-come-flu-days-afc-championship/

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 11:25 am

Must whine, can no lose!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 6:48 pm

I sense Belichick playing games here - worth watching (and watching out for a deep pass early)
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 7:00 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
BTW, let's take a look at who the Tom Brady led Patriots** have beat this year:
Charlie Whitehurst, Andy Dalton, Landry Jones, Tyrod Taylor, Kapernick, Fitzpatrick, Goff, Flacco, Siemian, and Matt Moore...

Any of those names striking fear into the hearts of the NFL??  I didn't think so.  

This is a different team, a different time of year, and a future Hall of Fame quarterback who knows it's time to play the best football of his career.

Keep the faith, I think we are going to have a surprise in store for the Foxboro faithful...

No Gronk, Hogan limping, Amendola banged up. I like our chances. The Flu bug has me worried though. Hope our guys are over that by Sunday.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 7:29 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
The Flu bug has me worried though. Hope our guys are over that by Sunday.

I trust in Aaron Rodgers

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 12:39 am

Green and Harrison listed as questionable although still doesn't seem likely for Green. Hines Ward named honorary captain....I was hoping they'd bring a retired player back to inspire the troops

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/20/james-harrison-ladarius-green-steelers-injury-report-Patriots*-afc-championship/stories/201701200225

Xtreme Newb
StainlessStill

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 11:30 am

Out of all the previous years we've faced the Pats*, I feel this is our best team to matchup against them. I'm actually glad we lost to NE in the first matchup because God forbid if Belichick or Brady ever lose to the same opponent TWICE in a season. We're a completely different team from top to bottom in comparison to the first matchup. The obvious is Big Ben in the lineup, but Marcus Gilbert and Eli Rogers didn't play. Robert Golden, Anthony Chickilo and Jarvis Jones were your starters and it was Shazier's first game back from injury. I actually have a good feeling. Something I've NEVER had against the Patriots* and Brady.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 7:46 am

Steeler Nation rise!

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 7:55 am

False fire alarm causes Steelers hotel to be evacuated

The Steelers had their night of sleep interrupted early on Sunday morning by a fire alarm.

Alarms began going off at the hotel where the team is staying ahead of Sunday evening’s AFC Championship Game around 3 a.m. and Rich Walsh of KDKA reports that the entire building had to be evacuated while the fire department responded. The ringing continued for 30 minutes before everyone was allowed back to their rooms.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/22/false-fire-alarm-causes-steelers-hotel-to-be-evacuated/
----------------------------------

Alan Faneca‏ @afan66

Never played a game in NE where that did not happen. Every single time

Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 9:06 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Green and Harrison listed as questionable although still doesn't seem likely for Green. Hines Ward named honorary captain....I was hoping they'd bring a retired player back to inspire the troops

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/20/james-harrison-ladarius-green-steelers-injury-report-Patriots**-afc-championship/stories/201701200225
Hines Ward isn't retired?
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 9:46 am

Tweet from Trey Wingo of ESPN:

Trey Wingo wrote:
As Bell and Brown go so go @steelers : Bell & Brown have accounted for 76 percent of Pittsburgh's yards from scrimmage this postseason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next