Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMadden 18 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Madden 18

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Madden 18 Empty
PostSubject: Madden 18   Madden 18 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 8:06 am

Anyone else picked up Madden 18? It's the first I've purchased in a few years. I must say I'm enjoying it, although I kind of suck. Still trying to figure out all the intricacies of running the football. Seems difficult to move the ball on the ground. Getting better in the passing game, figuring out how to throw the different kinds of passes. So much rust right now it's unreal.

Played through the new Longshot story mode, have to say it was a fun and interesting distraction even if it was a bit cookie cutter, and full of cliches. Kind of nice to have something new like that in the game. Presentation is definitely top notch.

Loving the graphics as well. Easily the best looking Madden game that I've seen so far.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

Madden 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 18   Madden 18 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 10:42 am

I like the story mode too. Nice they tried something different. I hear you about the running game. Though I have found like real life, if you stick with it, it can improve. Like I had Le'veon on my franchise (I like to do fantasy draft and then build a team), and he started out sluggish averaging just under 3 yards at half time but I stuck with him and I eventually got him over 4 YPC. It's a good game though. I do wish EA didn't have an exclusive agreement with the NFL though because I think some competition would be good. I don't mind Gaudin and Davis as the broadcasters but I wish they had bigger names but I guess it beats when they had Nance and Sims. Series was at its best when they had Madden and Summeral way back in the day.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Madden 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 18   Madden 18 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 6:42 am

I miss ESPN NFL 2K5, actually just ordered a copy for my original Xbox to add to my collection. That game still holds up to this day.

vasteeler

vasteeler

Madden 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 18   Madden 18 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 7:59 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I miss ESPN NFL 2K5, actually just ordered a copy for my original Xbox to add to my collection. That game still holds up to this day.

I liked that WAY more Madden

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Madden 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 18   Madden 18 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2017 3:54 am

vasteeler wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I liked that WAY more Madden

Yeah I think the NFL killed that series off because they didn't like when Sega brought it out for $19.99 new. Undercut Madden's top shelf price and sold like hot cakes. Only time I've ever seen a company do something like that, and probably the last time we'll see anything like that unfortunately. $20.00 and it was better than a $60 game. Still better in my opinion, a little dated, but the presentation was ahead of it's time. The graphics even hold up decently well despite that game being 12 years old.

Sponsored content

Madden 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 18   Madden 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Madden 18
Page 1 of 1