Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeUPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team

Go down 
+9
SteelerSpartan
LambertWardSteel
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Stella Nation
Lokki
Wallace108
solardave
IowaSteeler927
BKAnthem
13 posters
AuthorMessage
BKAnthem

UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team Empty
PostSubject: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 8:37 pm

So long Kniles, and Fitz

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2017/9/1/16243228/steelers-roster-cuts-keeping-tabs-on-the-players-who-have-been-released-updates-free-agent-rumors
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 4:04 am

Love it, Watson looked sharp this preseason. Has a good burst to him, decent vision, he is always falling forward, and he's got a little bit of power to him for a back that doesn't appear to be all that big from a physical standpoint. I like the kid and I'm glad they think enough of him to cut Toussaint, and Davis.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 5:53 am

When we signed Davis I went back and looked at the game we played against K.C. His kick returns in that game did not impress me and I thought signing him was a stretch. I'm not surprised Toussaint and Davis got released. I'm wondering who will be gone as far as WR and CB.

I can't believe I'm saying this but we have surplus talent at CB for the first time in years. We also have some WRs who could start for other teams who might not make ours.

As good as our O-line is we're not that deep and middle LBer scares me a little.

All in all if we avoid major injuries I see no reason for us going all the way this year.
We do have considerable talent on both sides of the ball and STs seems to be playing better on punt/kick defense. Question is who will return kicks? Sutton? Coates? (if he makes the team)

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 12:24 pm

Cobi Hamilton and Demarcus Ayers cut.

-Steelers Depot

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 1:24 pm

Sammy Coates traded to the Browns for a 6th round pick.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 2:38 pm

Lokki wrote:
Sammy Coates traded to the Browns for a 6th round pick.

Our own 6th round pick that we used to get Gilbert. So basically the Browns get Coates and a 7th round pick (that we also traded with Coates) for free.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 2:39 pm

Glad we kept Watson, I would 've been furious if they 'd cut him. I hope they also keep Hilton.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 2:52 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
Glad we kept Watson, I would 've been furious if they 'd cut him. I hope they also keep Hilton.

Yeah Hilton looks like he could be the next UDFA Colbert diamond. Kid makes plays and seems sharp.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 3:08 pm

Stella Nation wrote:

x2
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 4:17 pm

Cockrell Traded to Giants....for a pick

jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 4:22 pm

Colin Holba has also been cut, per Mark Kaboly

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly/status/904076421424926720
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 4:23 pm

Full list of cuts here:

http://www.steelers.com/news/transactions/article-1/Steelers-trim-roster-to-53/1611796e-088e-41cb-97f4-8a08469496f1
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 4:26 pm

jak341 wrote:

Why was he cut? Did anyone notice any bad snaps during the preseason?
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 4:28 pm

Steeler-in-west wrote:
jak341 wrote:

I can remember one high one that caused Boswell to shank one. That's the only one I can remember in a game situation.

The bigger question is: who is handling the long snapping?
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 4:34 pm

jak341 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:
jak341 wrote:

I can remember one high one that caused Boswell to shank one. That's the only one I can remember in a game situation.

Didn't they have a second LS on the preseason roster? Or bring Greg Warren back from retirement.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 4:40 pm

Steeler-in-west wrote:
jak341 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:
jak341 wrote:

Didn't they have a second LS on the preseason roster? Or bring Greg Warren back from retirement.

Here's our answer: Kameron Canaday.

https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/904079489952571392
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 4:43 pm

A couple of reports that the steelers may look to sign TJ Ward...not sure theres a starting spot for him....is mitchells injury more serious than they thought???

then again maybe these reports are nothing

OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 5:19 pm

I haven't seen this much activity from the Steelers in years. With Tomlin's non-varsity comment the other day about his tight ends and seeing how the team played in the preseason, it's looking like the Steelers know where they are deficit and they are trying to address it quick before the season starts.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 5:29 pm

SteelerSpartan wrote:
A couple of reports that the steelers may look to sign TJ Ward...not sure theres a starting spot for him....is mitchells injury more serious than they thought???

then again maybe these reports are nothing

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Steelers-will-look-at-acquiring-TJ-Ward-106811673
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 5:40 pm

We're definitely in win now mode. Would love to win it all this year including a stomping of a certain NE team along the way.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 5:43 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
We're definitely in win now mode. Would love to win it all this year including a stomping of a certain NE team along the way.

Oh yeah UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team 184121345
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 7:58 pm

Steelers Roster Cuts: 4 surprises and 4 disappointments on cut down day

The Pittsburgh Steelers have trimmed their roster from 90 to 53, and we cover the biggest surprises, and disappointments, after the dust settled.

by Jeff.Hartman@BnGBlitz Sep 2, 2017

In one day, the Pittsburgh Steelers, along with the rest of the NFL, had to make some extremely difficult decisions when it came to trimming their roster. Unlike the past when teams could trim their roster from 90 to 75, and then 75 to 53, this year it was one cut down from 90 to 53.

In other words, a lot of players got some bad news Saturday.

As for the Steelers, it is worth looking at some surprises, and some disappointments, when it comes to the team’s decisions which were made to get the roster number to 53.

Just for clarification, a surprise would be someone who wasn’t necessarily expected to make the roster, while a disappointment would be someone who should have made the roster, but for whatever reason didn’t.

Here we go...

Surprises

Daniel McCullers — The biggest reason this was a surprise was how L.T. Walton, and Tyson Alualu, could both play nose tackle if Javon Hargrave got injured. Nonetheless, McCullers plays special teams and goal line situations, and the team must value that enough to give him a roster spot.

Terrell Watson — It isn’t as if I haven’t been rooting hard for “the nightmare”, but how many times have fans seen a player who performs well in the preseason get cut based on the number game, and the depth chart above them. Nonetheless, Watson steamrolled his way through Fitzgerald Toussaint and Knile Davis to make this team. A pleasant surprise.

Xavier Grimble — Maybe I just didn’t recognize the reported strides Grimble was making as a blocker, but it seemed as if Grimble and Vance McDonald were both the same type player. Good size and speed, lacks consistency as a pass catcher. Nonetheless, Grimble lives to play another game, and it will be up to his blocking to prove his playing time.

Mike Hilton — Similar to Watson, fans have been pulling hard for the former Ole Miss cornerback, but he left the team no choice but to keep him. The small, but big, Hilton did nothing but make plays, and his next challenge is to continue his style, and productivity, into the regular season.

Honorable Mention: Justin Hunter, Jerald Hawkins, Coty Sensabaugh, Cameron Sutton (injured), Brian Allen

to read rest of article:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2017/9/2/16247434/steelers-roster-cuts-biggest-surprises-and-disappointments-on-cut-down-day-dan-mccullers-colin-holba
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 11:26 am

A few late moves. Sutton to IR and Dangerfield waived.

https://twitter.com/steelers/status/904725310381416449
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 11:43 am

jak341 wrote:
A few late moves. Sutton to IR and Dangerfield waived.

https://twitter.com/steelers/status/904725310381416449

UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team 2913999526

I really hoped they would 've waived Golden. I know he's a ST, but he brings absolutaly nothing at S.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 7:48 am

Stella Nation wrote:

Hilton has been taking snaps ahead of William Gay with the 1st Team in practice so far. Hoping they start him. Just need to get younger, faster, and more versatile in our secondary. Hilton has shown well throughout the preseason in run support, and when called on to blitz. Could add another dimension to our defense. We need all the weapons we can get if we want to compete against the Patriots*, and let's face it, they're the class of the AFC until we beat them.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team   UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team Empty

Back to top Go down

UPDATED CUTS ... Even S. Wonder could see that Terrel Watson was making this team
Page 1 of 1