Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWeek 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears

Go down 
+17
Shalieve5090
Lokki
Steelcitian
Geordie
SteelerSpartan
Rick5895
OX1947
effyou515
IowaSteeler927
solardave
Steeler-in-west
LambertWardSteel
Wallace108
vasteeler
Fire Arians
SteelerFreak58
jak341
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 7:16 pm

This for me summed up the game...first play of game a pass to Bryant 10 yards behind the defense, and dropped. Punt, force a Bears 3 and out, Eli drops the punt, Bears recover then score 6 plays later ....all on the freaken ground. It was apparent from the start the Bears weren't going to throw as it's much easier to run block than pass block with a new OL. We weren't disciplined on D at all, reckless pursuit etc. For the life of me I don't understand why Harrison wasn't in the damn game, he may lack the great cloing pass rush speed but he's still an absolute beast in the run game setting the edge, Chickillo and Dupree aren't.
All that being said we still should have won the game, When I coached I said it to my D and I'll say it here, drop a pic and bad things happen...Mitchell dropped a pic late in the 4th which would have put us inside the Bears 40. The game isn't on Mitchell but that is the way the game was today...comedy of errors!
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 8:15 pm

Your Right....The defense blew critical chances to get off the field...willcox was dreaming of the endzone while trying to scoop and run instead of falling on the ball...costing us a fumble recovery just a few plays before Mitchell blew his chance.

But Still....In a hard Cap League....I look at where are all the dollars tied up in......and that's Ben Roethlisberger. Cant be spending that much of our cap on costly misfires.

Hes getting elite money to be elite game in and game out....and the defense doesn't have the resources to bail this offense out everytime they throw up a stinker like today.

Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 8:24 pm

So glad I missed this travesty today. Once again a team they should beat and take over 1st, they lose to. And the QB has 100yds passing for fuck sake. It doesnt get much worse than that. This team needs to get their heads out of their asses quick, hopefully stomping Baltimore next week will help
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 8:42 pm

In the grand scheme of things....
its just one game....
If you were going to lose youd want it to be to an NFC team...
The Rest of the AfC North lost Today...

The problem is....in the past, these arnt just isolated things....these things always fester and keep this team from having a dominant 13-3 or better record....A record that theyll need to get through the increasingly more competitive AFC.

No I don't want anyone fired or kicked off the team....but I think Steelers Fans are right to bitch about the possibility that the Steelers will again squander a chance to have a dominant record/bye....Yes its that important.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 8:58 pm

I'm really not that upset about the loss today. It seems like every year we lay at least one egg and lose to a team we should trounce. What upsets me is that this was the 3rd straight subpar performance.

I think most of us came into the season thinking this was going to be a Super Bowl year. But I've seen nothing that suggests this is a Super Bowl team, even in the two games they won.

On the bright side, there's plenty of football left to play, and we know this team is capable of getting hot. Next week should tell us a lot about this team.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 1:05 am

The Bears offense against our improved defense was better then our lightning offense pitted against the Bears defense. Still can't wrap my head around that one.

Guess we'll be going to New England again this January - this team always has to do it the hard way. That's why I love the chuck noll teams. They always played up to they're potential.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 1:09 am

What a sickening miserable freakin game. I watched the thing and kept thinking they'd get it at the end. At the coin toss, even though the Bears won it, I figured Steelers had the advantage because Bears didn't seem like they'd get a TD. Obviously I was very wrong. All losses are bad but to a team like this it ruins my whole week.

I was shocked to see rats get blown away like that by the Jags, and the cheats almost lost at home to the Texans. Browns and Bengals drop to 0-3...be interesting to see who gets win #1 next week when they play

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 1:30 am

Steeler-in-west wrote:
The Bears offense against our improved defense  was better then our lightning offense pitted against the Bears defense. Still can't wrap my head around that one.

Guess we'll be going to New England again this January - this team always has to do it the hard way. That's why I love the chuck noll teams. They always played up to they're potential.

Team keeps playing like this we won't be making the playoffs. They need to put on their big boy pants and stop thinking that they're going to win on talent alone. Start treating every game like it matters, they obviously don't because they wouldn't keep struggling against mediocre teams if they did. To be quite honest I thought the whole sitting out the Anthem thing didn't help them either. It was a major distraction, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. While I agree with trying to stay neutral it would've been far less of a distraction had they simply came out and stood for the anthem as they've been doing in the past. Anything else other than that is a direct response to Trump in that situation regardless of how neutral they were trying to be. Standing for the Anthem isn't about the President, it's about our country and the people who've fought and died protecting it. That's why Villanueva was out there by himself, he fought and bled for that flag and I'm sure he lost brothers and sisters who did the same and he wasn't going to stand in the locker room while the Anthem was going on. He has my utmost respect for what he did.

Either way, back on topic, it distracted the team. Not that they've been nearly focused enough to begin with, but all the political crap was a major distraction because they let it be.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 1:38 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:
The Bears offense against our improved defense  was better then our lightning offense pitted against the Bears defense. Still can't wrap my head around that one.

Team keeps playing like this we won't be making the playoffs. They need to put on their big boy pants and stop thinking that they're going to win on talent alone. Start treating every game like it matters, they obviously don't because they wouldn't keep struggling against mediocre teams if they did. To be quite honest I thought the whole sitting out the Anthem thing didn't help them either. It was a major distraction, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. While I agree with trying to stay neutral it would've been far less of a distraction had they simply came out and stood for the anthem as they've been doing in the past. Anything else other than that is a direct response to Trump in that situation regardless of how neutral they were trying to be. Standing for the Anthem isn't about the President, it's about our country and the people who've fought and died protecting it. That's why Villanueva was out there by himself, he fought and bled for that flag and I'm sure he lost brothers and sisters who did the same and he wasn't going to stand in the locker room while the Anthem was going on. He has my utmost respect for what he did.

Either way, back on topic, it distracted the team. Not that they've been nearly focused enough to begin with, but all the political crap was a major distraction because they let it be.

Very true. If I try to look for a silver lining it is that you have to figure they start clicking at some point with the talent they have. They certainly aren't peaking too early. Maybe this is a wake up call and they start improving and are really clicking by the second have of the season when the schedule gets tougher.

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 1:48 am

It is uglier when you see this:

Quote :
That ran the Steelers record in their past 18 games on the road against teams with losing records to 5-13. It dropped them to 10-7 under Mike Tomlin in games which they were favored by at least a touchdown on the road.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/09/24/On-the-Steelers-14-Chicago-Bears-Upset-Ben-Roethlisberger-Mike-Tomlin-Antonio-Brown-Le-Veon-Bell/stories/201709240200

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 1:52 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:

Agreed. I don't want to veer off topic from the gam thread but yeah, I was surprised at the decision the players took regarding the anthem. I mean they have a combat vet on their team. Was it too much to expect them to all join Al and stand with him.. for real team unity? but that's just me. I kind of blame the coaches too for not keeping these guys focused in this situation. I think they'll recover and rebound. too much talent not to.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 4:41 am

Steelcitian wrote:
I am really disappointed in the loss ans the protest. I thought the Steelers were the one team that doesn't get involved in protests and things like that. Iv'e been a fan for over 25 years and I don't know if I can jump ship like some fans are doing over this.

Just for the record. If I get to the point where I quit on the Steelers( and I've never been as close as I am now) I quit on the NFL,period.

I'm seeing things this FO has not done in the past. The trading for and signing of free agents to shore things up. Contract extensions after the season has started. All this to win number 7 and our coaches are pissing it away!

I personally think the "neutral" thing turned out to be the theme of the game. It was one great big distraction and like so many times before we lost to a team we should have easily beaten Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 3067078418 ,because WE DIDN'T SHOW UP.

We should have stayed in the locker room for the entire fucking game. I know at the end of the day "it's just a football game" but this was a disgrace to the fans.

I never thought I'd say this but we're not in the same league as the Patriots*,Falcons etc. We are far from an elite team and I agree Ben looks washed up.

I'm pretty sure next weeks game is not televised here but even if it is I'm not watching the Ratbirds hand us our hats.Who is their RB. I want to know who the leading rusher is gonna be next week.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 5:16 am

solardave wrote:
Steelcitian wrote:
I am really disappointed in the loss ans the protest. I thought the Steelers were the one team that doesn't get involved in protests and things like that. Iv'e been a fan for over 25 years and I don't know if I can jump ship like some fans are doing over this.

Just for the record. If I get to the point where I quit on the Steelers( and I've never been as close as I am now) I quit on the NFL,period.

I'm seeing things this FO has not done in the past. The trading for and signing of free agents to shore things up. Contract extensions after the season has started. All this to win number 7 and our coaches are pissing it away!

I personally think the "neutral" thing turned out to be the theme of the game. It was one great big distraction and like so many times before we lost to a team we should have easily beaten Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 3067078418 ,because WE DIDN'T SHOW UP.

We should have stayed in the locker room for the entire fucking game. I know at the end of the day "it's just a football game" but this was a disgrace to the fans.

I never thought I'd say this but we're not in the same league as the Patriots**,Falcons etc. We are far from an elite team and I agree Ben looks washed up.

I'm pretty sure next weeks game is not televised here but even if it is I'm not watching the Ratbirds hand us our hats.Who is their RB. I want to know who the leading rusher is gonna be next week.

Javorious "Buck" Allen, and Terrence West. We'll make them look like Walter Payton, and Eric Dickerson.

Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 5:57 am

Just look around the NFL yesterday, the Skins beat the Raiders ( a team expected to challenge the Pats*), The Hapless Jets beat the Dolphins the Bills, let me repeat the Bills beat the Broncos, The Vikings beat the allegedly NFC South leader Bucs and the 0-2 Saints beat the 2-0 Carolina.  Just a goofy weird Sunday and our Steelers just added to it.  On to week 4 and the Ratbirds.  If that doesn't get these guys attention then nothing will.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 6:01 am

Rick5895 wrote:
Just look around the NFL yesterday, the Skins beat the Raiders ( a team expected to challenge the Pats**), The Hapless Jets beat the Dolphins the Bills, let me repeat the Bills beat the Broncos, The Vikings beat the allegedly NFC South leader Bucs and the 0-2 Saints beat the 2-0 Carolina.  Just a goofy weird Sunday and our Steelers just added to it.  On to week 4 and the Ratbirds.  If that doesn't get these guys attention then nothing will.

A good point. Definitely a weird day around the league.

Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 6:20 am

I don't agree with the comments that we played down to a lesser opponent or that this was one of our typical trap game show ups. Imo we just played at the same level of our two previous games which is far more concerning. Big Ben isn't playing at an elite level. In fact he was already declining last year. People forget it was Bell who was carrying the workload of the offense in the second half of last season to lead us to the play-offs and to two play-off wins. Once he was out against the Patriots*** the game was basically over. Bell himself is looking rusty this season, just as he was the first 5 games of last season after he came back from suspension. On top of that he isn't helped by the o-line who hasn't been been able to open any running lanes these three games. Our only offensive player living up to his potential is AB so far.

To be honest there are very few teams looking good so far. In the AFC it's only the Chiefs, in the NFC the Falcons and the Lions. All other teams are either inconsistent or just plain bad right now. Will we make the play-offs? We probably will because we're still the "best" team in the AFC North and none of the other teams have the players to reach the play-offs imo (Ravens because their team is decimated by injuries). How far we get will probably depend on which teams will improve their level of playing by then (hopefully we) and which won't.

Last edited by Stella Nation on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 9:36 am

I think from the start of the game, we were out of rhythm, and I think that has everything to do with how they handled the anthem.  A lot of skill sports revolve around muscle memory and timing, and this threw us off completely.  Not to mention the rain of boos that they received when running out of the tunnel.  Not because the Steelers were the opposing team, but because they disrespected our flag  by opting out.  

That's my blanket excuse.

The obvious failures lie with our porous run defense and Ben throwing like Mike Glennon all game.

Here we go again fans.  Lofty expectations for a team that on paper should roll up everyone but comes up woefully short on shit squads.

SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 10:59 am

I am a Vet (Combat Corpsman attached to my Marine unit) and served in the military for Desert Storm/Shield, my wife is a Vet (Air Force Medic) and served from 2000 to 2006 and deployed twice during that time in Afghanistan. I can tell you with out hesitation we fought for this country so those players could take a knee. It doesn't bother us one bit. It actually gives us heart that we know America is working because people have the right to protest and aren't forced to stand or salute the flag.

So when you say it disrespects Vets you would be wrong. Now I may not kneel, I may stand and salute but that's my choice and I would grab my rifle once again if called on to defend their right to do so. Although I am older and I may not be able to do a 16 mile hump as fast as I used to I can still carry a 70lb ruck and fire carry a wounded Marine if I had to.

America is about being free not being forced to show your patriotism. That's a personal choice. Nazis Germany citizens were forced to salute. This isn't Nazi Germany.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 11:04 am

AV seems to understand my point and I will tell you everyone of my military brothers and sisters I know have said the same thing I said above. Not one of us has felt disrespected that's out of over 140 Vets Marines, Navy, Army and Air Force that my wife and I know. They may not agree with Kap but they know they fought for his freedom to kneel.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/sports/football/villanueva-steelers-anthem.html
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 11:21 am

Rick5895 wrote:
Just look around the NFL yesterday, the Skins beat the Raiders ( a team expected to challenge the Pats**), The Hapless Jets beat the Dolphins the Bills, let me repeat the Bills beat the Broncos, The Vikings beat the allegedly NFC South leader Bucs and the 0-2 Saints beat the 2-0 Carolina.  Just a goofy weird Sunday and our Steelers just added to it.  On to week 4 and the Ratbirds.  If that doesn't get these guys attention then nothing will.

Ruined my fantasy roster Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 2913999526

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 8:47 pm

To really put our game in perspective, Green Bay just took a 14 point lead on the Bears within the first 6 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 9:03 pm

Anyone else thinking we go 2-2? The Ravens haven't looked good this year, but neither have us. And in the last few years they've had our number.

Also making me less optimistic is Ben isn't looking like an elite QB anymore, and Bell certainly isn't even looking like a top 15 running back.

Bryant is showing some flashes, but definitely isn't where he was prior to suspension. On offense, AB is the only guy showing up every week. Defense does look improved from last year, but they're not dominant enough to win it on their backs. They are going to need some help in the points department.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 9:08 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Anyone else thinking we go 2-2? The Ravens haven't looked good this year, but neither have us. And in the last few years they've had our number.

Also making me less optimistic is Ben isn't looking like an elite QB anymore, and Bell certainly isn't even looking like a top 15 running back.

Bryant is showing some flashes, but definitely isn't where he was prior to suspension

At this point 8-8, 7-9 wouldn't surprise me.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 10:08 pm

jak341 wrote:
To really put our game in perspective, Green Bay just took a 14 point lead on the Bears within the first 6 minutes.

You're the guy who shows up to the party and pisses in the punch bowl, aren't you? Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 3798349058

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 1:29 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
I am a Vet (Combat Corpsman attached to my Marine unit) and served in the military for Desert Storm/Shield, my wife is a Vet (Air Force Medic) and served from 2000 to 2006 and deployed twice during that time in Afghanistan. I can tell you with out hesitation we fought for this country so those players could take a knee. It doesn't bother us one bit. It actually gives us heart that we know America is working because people have the right to protest and aren't forced to stand or salute the flag.

So when you say it disrespects Vets you would be wrong. Now I may not kneel, I may stand and salute but that's my choice and I would grab my rifle once again if called on to defend their right to do so. Although I am older and I may not be able to do a 16 mile hump as fast as I used to I can still carry a 70lb ruck and fire carry a wounded Marine if I had to.

America is about being free not being forced to show your patriotism. That's a personal choice. Nazis Germany citizens were forced to salute. This isn't Nazi Germany.

To touch on your point, there's a divide among vets as well. I've seen quite a few say they fought for the right for people to peacefully protest, and I've seen a lot of vets saying that that they shouldn't be protesting because it's disrespectful to the flag, the country, and the men who've fought and died. I was personally attacked on my facebook page by a friend who is a Vietnam Vet because I pointed out that the Steelers weren't protesting last weekend, and that they were trying to be neutral and keep out of politics. I was told "Fuck the Steelers", and that my watching football still despite the protests showed that I don't support our troops or his brothers and sisters that died... I thought it was pretty uncalled for but it goes to show how there is a divide in almost every group that has an opinion on the whole situation.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next