Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWeek 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 6 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears

Go down 
+17
Shalieve5090
Lokki
Steelcitian
Geordie
SteelerSpartan
Rick5895
OX1947
effyou515
IowaSteeler927
solardave
Steeler-in-west
LambertWardSteel
Wallace108
vasteeler
Fire Arians
SteelerFreak58
jak341
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 1:50 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
AV seems to understand my point and I will tell you everyone of my military brothers and sisters I know have said the same thing I said above. Not one of us has felt disrespected that's out of over 140 Vets Marines, Navy, Army and Air Force that my wife and I know. They may not agree with Kap but they know they fought for his freedom to kneel.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/sports/football/villanueva-steelers-anthem.html

As I mentioned in the anthem thread, my father is a disabled Vietnam vet, and he has a much diiferent view. I have other family and friends who have served, and most of them agree with my father. But not all. Like Iowa said, even veterans are split on the issue.

No one I know of is suggesting that Kaepernick and others don't have the right to kneel. But there's a saying ... just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 8:04 am

Wallace108 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
AV seems to understand my point and I will tell you everyone of my military brothers and sisters I know have said the same thing I said above. Not one of us has felt disrespected that's out of over 140 Vets Marines, Navy, Army and Air Force that my wife and I know. They may not agree with Kap but they know they fought for his freedom to kneel.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/sports/football/villanueva-steelers-anthem.html

As I mentioned in the anthem thread, my father is a disabled Vietnam vet, and he has a much diiferent view. I have other family and friends who have served, and most of them agree with my father. But not all. Like Iowa said, even veterans are split on the issue.

No one I know of is suggesting that Kaepernick and others don't have the right to kneel. But there's a saying ... just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

I just think there's a better time to be protesting. If people want to stand arm-in-arm go right ahead, you're still standing and to me that speaks to unity which this country desperately needs. But kneeling during the Anthem obviously doesn't go across well with a majority of Americans. I'm sure other countries out there have their issues but do you see them protesting during their Anthems? No.

The way I look at the whole situation is that we are incredibly lucky to live in the country we live in. The majority of us have roofs over our heads, three square meals a day, the freedom to do what we want, when we want, and we can be as successful as we want to be when we put our minds to it. There are many places in the world that don't have what we have, I think it's pretty insensitive to use the Anthem as a medium for protest as if we have it so bad here in our country... We could be like Syria where children are killed in bombings and families blown to pieces in a ruthless civil war. I'm sure they watch their TVs and see us on the news and say to themselves "Boy we have it it pretty good here compared to those millionaire athletes that are protesting social injustice". I used to wonder why other countries have such a deep-seated hatred of us, and now I look at how people act here nowadays and can see some of the reasoning as to why they hate us. The proper thing to do would be to be active in your communities, to speak to the people across the aisle, to share your opinion openly and let others share theirs without stooping to the level of personal insults and derogatory remarks.

We as a people here can always be better. We're all human beings, we all bleed the same color, and we're all imperfect. If we work together we can achieve amazing things, but so long as we feed into the mainstream media and politicians that want to drive a divide between us... We will continue to be a laughing stock to the rest of the world. The police aren't out systematically killing people, but there are wrongful shootings and there are incidents of police brutality which can and should be abolished, and the people who commit wrongs while wearing a badge can and should be prosecuted. At the same time we need to do better as a people as a whole of raising our kids better, keeping them away from crime, and drugs, and the kinds of decisions that lead them down the wrong path in life. At the same time I believe strongly in personal accountability and holding people responsible for their actions or lack thereof depending on a given situation. America needs to be less about what can you do for me, and more about what can I do for you. Everyone, and I mean everyone can do better. There is no one party to blame for society's issues.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 9:35 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I just think there's a better time to be protesting. If people want to stand arm-in-arm go right ahead, you're still standing and to me that speaks to unity which this country desperately needs. But kneeling during the Anthem obviously doesn't go across well with a majority of Americans. I'm sure other countries out there have their issues but do you see them protesting during their Anthems? No.

The way I look at the whole situation is that we are incredibly lucky to live in the country we live in. The majority of us have roofs over our heads, three square meals a day, the freedom to do what we want, when we want, and we can be as successful as we want to be when we put our minds to it. There are many places in the world that don't have what we have, I think it's pretty insensitive to use the Anthem as a medium for protest as if we have it so bad here in our country... We could be like Syria where children are killed in bombings and families blown to pieces in a ruthless civil war. I'm sure they watch their TVs and see us on the news and say to themselves "Boy we have it it pretty good here compared to those millionaire athletes that are protesting social injustice". I used to wonder why other countries have such a deep-seated hatred of us, and now I look at how people act here nowadays and can see some of the reasoning as to why they hate us. The proper thing to do would be to be active in your communities, to speak to the people across the aisle, to share your opinion openly and let others share theirs without stooping to the level of personal insults and derogatory remarks.

We as a people here can always be better. We're all human beings, we all bleed the same color, and we're all imperfect. If we work together we can achieve amazing things, but so long as we feed into the mainstream media and politicians that want to drive a divide between us... We will continue to be a laughing stock to the rest of the world. The police aren't out systematically killing people, but there are wrongful shootings and there are incidents of police brutality which can and should be abolished, and the people who commit wrongs while wearing a badge can and should be prosecuted. At the same time we need to do better as a people as a whole of raising our kids better, keeping them away from crime, and drugs, and the kinds of decisions that lead them down the wrong path in life. At the same time I believe strongly in personal accountability and holding people responsible for their actions or lack thereof depending on a given situation. America needs to be less about what can you do for me, and more about what can I do for you. Everyone, and I mean everyone can do better. There is no one party to blame for society's issues.

Well said. Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 6 1647293567

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 10:05 am

Wallace108 wrote:
jak341 wrote:
To really put our game in perspective, Green Bay just took a 14 point lead on the Bears within the first 6 minutes.

You're the guy who shows up to the party and pisses in the punch bowl, aren't you? Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 6 3798349058

Maybe... Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 6 1797695198
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 1:36 pm

jak341 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
jak341 wrote:
To really put our game in perspective, Green Bay just took a 14 point lead on the Bears within the first 6 minutes.

You're the guy who shows up to the party and pisses in the punch bowl, aren't you? Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 6 3798349058

Aaron Rodgers showed up Ben last night hope Ben was watching Rodgers showed how to dice up the Bears defense. Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 6 469886443
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 11:04 pm

effyou515 wrote:
jak341 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
jak341 wrote:

Aaron Rodgers showed up Ben last night hope Ben was watching Rodgers showed how to dice up the Bears defense. Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 6 469886443

Yeah, the steelers as a whole should've been watching the game tonight. Glad GB put the Bears in their place. Hope this Bears type game doesn't happen again this season...but can't help but worry that it might,with our easily distracted team and brilliant coaches.

As a side note to the discussions above, it would take more than this locker room silliness and anthem stuff to keep me from watching the steelers.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 5:04 am

Steeler-in-west wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
jak341 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
jak341 wrote:

Yeah, the steelers as a whole should've been watching the game tonight. Glad GB put the Bears in their place. Hope this Bears type game doesn't happen again this season...but can't help but worry that it might,with our easily distracted team and brilliant coaches.

As a side note to the discussions above, it would take more than this locker room silliness and anthem stuff to keep me from watching the steelers.

As far as not watching, if they signed Colin Kaepernick I would refuse to watch based on my own principles. He has every right to protest, but he doesn't need to insult all of law enforcement based on the actions of the few. So if they signed him, I wouldn't watch until he was gone, but that's just me. Talented or not, no matter your opinion on the guy he would bring an absolute media circus and a lot of people in Steeler Nation would be up-in-arms. I remember when we signed Mike Vick how divisive that decision was, I think Kaepernick would be a million times worse.

As far as anyone else on the Steelers kneeling, I'm not going to hold it against the few players that would kneel because we have guys like Villanueva who will be standing, and I stand with him.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6