Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics

Go down 
+8
stlrtruck
effyou515
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
jak341
IowaSteeler927
FrancoLambert
Stella Nation
solardave
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics Empty
PostSubject: Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics   Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 2:20 am

PITTSBURGH (AP) — Mike Tomlin understands Antonio Brown's competitiveness is what helps make Brown one of the best wide receivers in the NFL.

The Pittsburgh Steelers coach just wishes his star would do a better job of channeling it properly when things don't go Brown's way.

Tomlin mildly chastised Brown for a brief sideline eruption during last Sunday's 26-9 victory over Baltimore.

Brown took his frustrations out on a water cooler after quarterback Ben Roethlisberger failed to see Brown running free down the sideline in the second quarter. Roethlisberger instead threw an incomplete pass intended for Le'Veon Bell.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/10/03/steelers-want-antonio-brown-to-quiet-sideline-histrionics/106280912/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomnfl-topstories

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics   Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 3:51 am

I can understand his frustration and I don't think we'll see that again. It's not like he was giving fans the finger.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics   Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 4:06 am

Much ado about nothing imo.

First, you can expect this from competitive players. Look at Brady. He's always pissed on the sideline if things don't go his way or fired up during a comeback.
Second, it was a rough week for all the players after all the media/anthem distraction. Look at AV headbutting that Ravens player twice.
Third, it didn't cost us anything. It wasn't a penalty or anything like that.

Btw I hope BB would stop doing his radio show. That's a far bigger distraction than AB's antics imo.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics   Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 6:24 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Much ado about nothing imo.

First, you can expect this from competitive players. Look at Brady. He's always pissed on the sideline if things don't go his way or fired up during a comeback.
Second, it was a rough week for all the players after all the media/anthem distraction. Look at AV headbutting that Ravens player twice.
Third, it didn't cost us anything. It wasn't a penalty or anything like that.

Btw I hope BB would stop doing his radio show. That's a far bigger distraction than AB's antics imo.

Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics 1647293567
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics   Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 7:44 am

Another thing getting blown way out of proportion, and it doesn't help that certain players (BEN) feel the need to call him out in the media. I think Brown knows he messed up. He's a fiery, passionate guy, and he knows how much a missed opportunity like that can mean in a divisional rivalry match-up. He works is ass off to be successful, so I understand him being emotional. Ben, and Tomlin in my opinion should have kept discussion about the issue in-house rather than speaking to the media about it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics   Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 9:15 am

There was a good discussion on the radio morning show today during the weekly segment with Merrill Hodge.

Merrill said players really do not get distracted by this type of thing, no matter how much the media hypes it up. It just doesn't happen.

No matter what AB, Ben, and Tomlin said publicly, that doesn't change the game plan for Sunday. If AB is open, Ben is going to him.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics   Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 10:30 am

I think it's much ado about nothing too. AB's a competitor and he's really never lost it like that before. Got frustrated when Jones was QB for an extended period of time sure. I really think this is being blown way out of proportion.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics   Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 2:03 pm

AB just doing his Odell Beckham Jr. impression. Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics   Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 2:11 pm

I want to agree with all of you, and in the end I hope you're right. But I do have some concerns.

Consider the source of the following tweet, but I don't think it's beyond possibility...

Quote :
Mark Madden @MarkMaddenX
I'm told the rift b/w Ben& Brown now runs very deep, &won't get better. What happened b/w Sunday &Tuesday?

And there's this ...

Former Antonio Brown teammate: He’s done “extremely good job of tricking people”

Antonio Brown‘s default facial expression is an ear-to-ear smile. Not far below the faςade, a fire rages.

“Antonio has done an extremely good job of tricking people,” former teammate Ryan Clark said on ESPN Radio. “He’s done a very good spin job of having us think, or making people think who don’t know him, that it’s all about the Pittsburgh Steelers, [Brown is] just a hard worker who’s here to win football games. No, Antonio Brown loves Antonio Brown. If you listen to people talk about him. If you listen to the media, a lot of time the fans, they have an adoration for him that is not necessarily a depiction of who he is. He’s like most receivers. He’s selfish.”

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/former-antonio-brown-teammate-done-135533938.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics   Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 2:14 pm

How the hell did the offense become the drama queens of the league?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics   Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 2:23 pm

And then there is this...

https://sports.yahoo.com/antonio-brown-apologizes-noise-distractions-163356872.html

Quote :
Roethlisberger called Brown’s behavior “a distraction that none of us really need” during a radio interview while Tomlin said things like that “shouldn’t happen.” On Wednesday, Brown responded to those comments via Twitter.

Follow
Antonio Brown ✔️@AB84
Apologize for all the noise and the distractions Steeler nation let's stay focus #Pushfor7
12:03 PM - Oct 4, 2017 · Pittsburgh, PA
371 371 Replies 1,208 1,208 Retweets 5,244 5,244 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Roethlisberger was talking about Brown again on Wednesday and said he hadn’t spoken to the wideout since the radio interview, but that he was “sure” Brown had gotten the message that Roethlisberger feels he was responsible for delivering.

Quote :
Roethlisberger chose the public forum as the way to communicate his feelings about Brown in this case and Brown’s tweet suggests he’s right about the wideout getting the message he was trying to send.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics 3056903510

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics   Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 4:30 pm

I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but I have a feeling there's more to this than we know ... and it's not just about the sideline incident. If that's all it was about, I don't think Ben or anyone else would still be talking about it. One comment after the game or on Monday morning, and that should have been the end of it. There's just too many things being said over an incident that, in itself, wasn't a big deal. Again, I want to be wrong on this one.

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics   Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 5:08 pm

You have to love Bryant's attitude in this article:

The “other” prominent wide receiver in the Steelers offense has nothing against water coolers. Even when he’s been wide open and Ben Roethlisberger did not hit him, he never took it out on the Gatorade.

“No,” Martavis Bryant said. “I don’t do that.”.....

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/04/martavis-bryant-antonio-brown-tantrum-gatorade-cooler-ben-roethlisberger/stories/201710040159

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics   Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 5:33 pm

At least he didn't beat the crap out of a paper towel dispenser Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics   Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 6:30 pm

anyone see the after game locker room interview ? you'd think they lost the game by browns interview. his attitude was very "james harrison after a loss" , like. one word answers. seems his mood is affected by the number of receptions he has. he was definitely pouting like a little bitch.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics   Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 1:06 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
anyone see the after game locker room interview ?  you'd think they lost the game by browns interview.  his attitude was very "james harrison after a loss" , like.  one word answers. seems his mood is affected by the number of receptions he has. he was definitely pouting like a little bitch.

yes AB can be a little diva at times but you got to give him credit putting the hard work in becoming a 6th round draft pick to being one of the best WR in the game. maybe he is calling out Benj about his diva about retiring or playing another year.

AB might be saying "Ben I've worked my ass off to become one of the best WRs in the league and it seems so far this season you're not really trying hard enough to be the best QB you can be".

imo, AB knows to get the double coverage off of him Ben has to use all of his receivers in the passing game and so far imo Ben been mailing it in and playing Bruce Arians when he was the OC not looking for anything under 15 yards.

bet the biggest frustration for AB is watching the game films and seeing the wide open receivers Ben missed trying to force the ball down field.

talking bad about Ben  Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics 1841364231

AB is not all diva about himself when you'er upset one word answers to twist the words reporter is the best answers. imo

don't get me wrong I've talked shit on AB before but I got his back on this one.

Ben the Steelers are paying you 20 million this season AB thinks you need to step it up to take this offense to the Super Bowl.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics   Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 11:37 pm

Brown is now saying the right things. Publicly, at least ...
-------------------------

Brown says 'I've got to do better at controlling emotion'

Hanging just to the right of Antonio Brown's locker at UPMC Rooney Sports Complex is a photograph of the Steelers All-Pro receiver smiling with Ben Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger autographed it under a message that reads: “AB, we are unstoppable.” Near the bottom is a caption: “The Dynamic Duo.”

On Friday, the receiver showed his appreciation for his quarterback in after-practice remarks that were one part apology and one part a display of admiration for Roethlisberger, who criticized Brown for his sideline tantrum in last Sunday's win at Baltimore.

“I never want to make a quarterback feel like I'm being a distraction or I've got any negativity toward him,” Brown said during his first time speaking with media this week, “because he's the guy who gave me the opportunity. He's the guy who's been in my corner since I got here, and I want to let him know I how grateful I am for him.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/12808851-74/contrite-steelers-all-pro-antonio-brown-says-ive-got-to-do-better-at

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics   Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 9:21 am

Antonio Brown's Week 4 sideline tirade had roots in Steelers' Week 3 anthem decision

Steelers receiver Antonio Brown made waves last Sunday after attacking a cooler on the sidelines and yelling at coaches and teammates early in the victory over the Ravens, an incident that wasn't solely rooted in football, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Brown has been at odds with quarterback and team captain Ben Roethlisberger recently in the aftermath of a highly-charged series of events dating back to the Steelers' decision to stay off the sidelines for the national anthem in Chicago two weeks ago. Roethlisberger spearheaded a decision to reverse course and have the players remain in the tunnel rather than on the sidelines as originally intended, which was the topic of an emotional team meeting the following day. During that meeting, sources said, Brown expressed his displeasure with how Roethlisberger and others handled the matter, and there was some lingering resentment through the week.

Sources said Brown has felt strongly the urge to kneel in protest during the anthem, but the Steelers have been in unison standing or remaining off the field during the playing of it. Sunday, when the quarterback did not throw to him early in the game,when he was wide open for a possible TD, Brown took it personally and believed it was related to his recent dispute with Roethlisberger, according to the sources, which led to his sideline blow-up.

Read more: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-browns-week-4-sideline-tirade-had-roots-in-steelers-week-3-anthem-decision/

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics   Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 11:35 am

A follow up to the earlier post ...

Quote :
A meeting between Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown this week addressed any misunderstandings over Brown's sideline flare-up and the Week 3 national anthem, according to a source. "They squashed it," the source said. CBS Sports reported Roethlisberger and Brown were at odds over these issues the past two weeks.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0708699705885855909-4

Knowing Ben and AB, they're going to look to prove that everything is settled by hooking up early and often today. I expect a big game from both of them.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics   Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics EmptyMon Oct 09, 2017 8:04 am

For years the Steelers have avoided a lot of the dramatic sequences associated with today's NFL. Unfortunately we can no longer claim to be a drama free zone.

Ben has drama
AB has drama
Bell has drama

And on the field yesterday I saw some of our defensive players with high levels of drama.

And yet on paper, this team has the potential to win it all, but on the field they can't even put it together for a solid 60 minutes.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics   Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers want Antonio Brown to quiet sideline histrionics
Page 1 of 1