Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeM. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage.

Go down 
+6
Steeler-in-west
IowaSteeler927
Fire Arians
LambertWardSteel
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
jak341
10 posters
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. Empty
PostSubject: M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage.   M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 5:39 pm

Well, shit.

https://twitter.com/LisaSylvester/status/932723790282412038
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage.   M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 6:22 pm

Agh. What was he thinking? We did well with Hubbard replacing him but still.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage.   M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 6:36 pm

Well, we really could have done without this happening. He says it was inadvertent:

Quote :
"I apologize to my teammates, coaches and the entire steelers family," Gilbert wrote. "Regretfully I inadvertently took a banned substance. I promise to come back in great shape and will be ready to play when my suspension is over."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21492593/marcus-gilbert-pittsburgh-steelers-suspended-four-games-violating-nfl-performance-enhancing-drug-policy
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage.   M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 7:21 pm

Well shit is right

Well maybe this suspension will allow him to get 100% healthy
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage.   M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 9:10 pm

M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. 294855916

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage.   M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 3:28 am

I can’t remember so much crap hitting a steeler team in one season before this,

https://youtu.be/F1Oy00cEnpY
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage.   M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 6:21 am

Inadvertent????? C'mon. M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. 1505004552
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage.   M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 7:11 am

Yeah Right! Inadvertently my ass.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage.   M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 7:38 am

bet his hamstring is a career ending one he injured his hamstring pre draft at the combine and the schools pro day.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage.   M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 7:47 am

so he comes back after the Patriots****** with the Texans and Browns remaining.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage.   M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 4:30 am

stlrtruck wrote:
so he comes back after the Patriots******* with the Texans and Browns remaining.

Just in time to hopefully rest some starters. M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. 1505004552
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage.   M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 1:56 pm

Interesting stats from Gerry Dulac at Pittsburgh Post Gazette:

Quote :
Just FYI: Steelers average 112.3 yards rushing and have allowed 5 sacks when Chris Hubbard is RT starter. They average 90.2 yards rush and allowed 8 sacks w Gilbert. Numbers based on splitting stats in KC after Gilbert aggravated hamstring injury in 2nd qtr and did not return.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage.   M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 2:38 pm

Tbh I'm not worried about Hubbard, he's done a good job while in. Gilbert has been playing hurt all year. Maybe 4 weeks off and he'll be in top form again
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage.   M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 1:42 am

I don't doubt he could've taken it inadvertently. I know that's a common excuse, but honestly it wouldn't be too hard to do just that. These guys are always taking supplements, anything they can to help improve their performance. Anything to give them that extra boost. I work around a lot of guys that used to be athletes, and some are bodybuilders, they're always pounding down new supplements and trying new ones. With the market so proliferated with supplements from a billion different companies I think it'd be easy to take something and mistakenly take something you shouldn't have. Gilbert's been around for awhile now, and to my knowledge he's never taken anything before, so I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage.   M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 9:53 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I don't doubt he could've taken it inadvertently. I know that's a common excuse, but honestly it wouldn't be too hard to do just that. These guys are always taking supplements, anything they can to help improve their performance. Anything to give them that extra boost. I work around a lot of guys that used to be athletes, and some are bodybuilders, they're always pounding down new supplements and trying new ones. With the market so proliferated with supplements from a billion different companies I think it'd be easy to take something and mistakenly take something you shouldn't have. Gilbert's been around for awhile now, and to my knowledge he's never taken anything before, so I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

In the age of cell phones, and agents with multi-million dollar clients, shouldn't they simply pick up the phone and call their agent or at least a team doctor before trying something?

The question I have is: how long has he been using this substance? Was it something he just started taking to perhaps help heal, or has he been juicing all season and just got caught?
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage.   M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 10:27 am

How about checking with the team doctors and trainers before ingesting any supplement.....just to be sure.  

Nowadays with all of the product info available at your fingertips there are NO legitimate excuses.  M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. 2087824411
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage.   M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. EmptyMon Nov 27, 2017 8:13 am

So I inadvertently put hops, barley, malt, and rice in my water, consumed it and some how I got drunk!

I didn't mean it! M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. 1549491426

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage.   M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage. Empty

Back to top Go down

M. Gilbert Suspended For 4 Games For PED usage.
Page 1 of 1