Steelers Xtreme Forum

Hometargeting  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

targeting

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

targeting  Empty
PostSubject: targeting    targeting  EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 4:37 pm

for next year the NFL most likely going to put ejection rule on targeting like in college. ESPN reported.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

targeting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: targeting    targeting  EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 7:45 pm

Put them in skirts!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

targeting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: targeting    targeting  EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 6:01 am

I'm all for hard hitting if it's clean but head hunting is another issue all together. The problem is it is up to the referees and they have proven to be as inconsistent as Goodell's staff.It's like they huddle up and flip a coin or worse yet my suspicions about games actually being fixed will be taken to the next level. I can see someone sneezing on Brady and having to sit a game & a half.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

targeting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: targeting    targeting  EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 1:29 pm

Sigh, welcome to the NFFL

You know, with the pussification of these rules, which is already bad, this may be the final straw for me to stop watching the game. Even from 10 years ago the rules have made this game unrecognizable from what it once was.

Ray Lewis brought a good point up, the danger of this game is what made it alluring. We watched because of players like Ronnie Lott, Hines Ward, and Dick Butkus. Yeah it's unfortunate about injuries and CTE but honestly, these guys get paid the big bucks because of the risk, and they know what they're getting in to. It's part of football! Imagine if they made it illegal in boxing to hit another fighter in the chin? Yeah the sport would be 'safer' but I can guarantee ratings would go down big time. Goodell is ruining the sport, if he hasn't already.

And those people running the NFLPA are a bunch of goddamn hypocrites. Many of them were players that made a living off of blasting people with hard hits, now all of a sudden that's dirty? Come on man!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

targeting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: targeting    targeting  EmptySat Dec 09, 2017 6:22 am

Fire Arians wrote:
Sigh, welcome to the NFFL

You know, with the pussification of these rules, which is already bad, this may be the final straw for me to stop watching the game. Even from 10 years ago the rules have made this game unrecognizable from what it once was.

Ray Lewis brought a good point up, the danger of this game is what made it alluring. We watched because of players like Ronnie Lott, Hines Ward, and Dick Butkus. Yeah it's unfortunate about injuries and CTE but honestly, these guys get paid the big bucks because of the risk, and they know what they're getting in to. It's part of football! Imagine if they made it illegal in boxing to hit another fighter in the chin? Yeah the sport would be 'safer' but I can guarantee ratings would go down big time. Goodell is ruining the sport, if he hasn't already.

And those people running the NFLPA are a bunch of goddamn hypocrites. Many of them were players that made a living off of blasting people with hard hits, now all of a sudden that's dirty? Come on man!

I don't agree that trying to take a guy's head off is part of the game. Or at least IMO it shouldn't be.
There are plenty of ways to keep the game intense by hitting hard but not in the head.

Ryan Clark asked a legitimate question. "Should I be penalized because the QB threw a bad pass?" No but if you have the chance to not go helmet to helmet you should Ryan! There are a lot of bad calls in this regard but on the other side there are a lot of bonehead hits.

I just believe the game can be "dangerous" without head hunting. FA are you saying you'd like to go back to watching Burfict try to take AB's head off going across the middle. Because if that was a legal hit we lost that game and AB for the following game. For the record I didn't think the JUJU hit merited anything more than a taunting 15 yd penalty.

Boxing is not a sport to compare the NFL to IMO. Those guys get paid to hit each other in the head. They also don't fight every week and never have a "short week". They don't catch passes or run around holding a ball.And my final point is they are allowed to hit back without drawing a penalty.

I do agree that Goodell and the spineless NFLPA is ruining the game.
They need to be consistent in doling out punishment but as long as "I'll make the rules up as I see fit" Goodell is in office and the NFLPA is controlled by him and the owners this will not change. IMO the commissioner of this league should be someone who actually played the game.

I don't know if the NFLPA is represented at the annual owner's meeting but if they aren't they should be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

targeting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: targeting    targeting  Empty

Back to top Go down

targeting
Page 1 of 1