Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAlex Smith trade: QB headed to Washington, to receive 4-year extension, reports say  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Alex Smith trade: QB headed to Washington, to receive 4-year extension, reports say

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

Alex Smith trade: QB headed to Washington, to receive 4-year extension, reports say  Empty
PostSubject: Alex Smith trade: QB headed to Washington, to receive 4-year extension, reports say    Alex Smith trade: QB headed to Washington, to receive 4-year extension, reports say  EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 6:27 am

Quote :
It appears Alex Smith is unseating Kirk Cousins as the starting quarterback in the nation's capital.

The Chiefs have agreed to trade Smith to Washington, the Kansas City Star reported Tuesday. The deal cannot become official until the start of the NFL's 2018 league year on March 14, the report noted.
MORE: Ranking Cousins' best options in free agency
ESPN's Adam Schefter first reported Tuesday that Kansas City would receive at least a second-round draft pick. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport later reported the return will be a third-round pick and a player to be named. Further reports Tuesday said cornerback Kendall Fuller was the player, but Fuller tweeted that he had not been dealt.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/alex-smith-trade-qb-headed-to-washington-to-receive-4-year-extension-reports-say/ar-BBIunCj?OCID=ansmsnnews11

the bidding war will soon be on for Kirk Cousins.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Alex Smith trade: QB headed to Washington, to receive 4-year extension, reports say  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith trade: QB headed to Washington, to receive 4-year extension, reports say    Alex Smith trade: QB headed to Washington, to receive 4-year extension, reports say  EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 8:10 am

I can see Cousins going to Cleveland. They'll be willing to pay for someone to solidify the QB position for them, who is also use to getting hit constantly. I also think Cousins will bring a different mindset to their offense and could actually help them win a few games (as well as lose a few).

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Alex Smith trade: QB headed to Washington, to receive 4-year extension, reports say  3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith trade: QB headed to Washington, to receive 4-year extension, reports say    Alex Smith trade: QB headed to Washington, to receive 4-year extension, reports say  EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 4:37 am

I cannot believe they made this trade. They had a young, promising QB in Cousins and should've built the team around him instead of bringing in Alex Smith who is what? 6 or 7 years older than Cousins? I swear Dan Snyder and the Redskins are like a slightly better version of the Cleveland Browns when it comes to decision making. I mean look at how well Cousins played this season with minimal talent around him. His best receivers are Pierre Garcon, and Jordan Reed... Garcon is old, and a very hot/cold kind of player. Reed is always hurt. His running backs were OK, but not world beaters by any means. They tried to get him a #1 receiver by getting Terrelle Pryor and that obviously didn't work out at all, Pryor couldn't of been a bigger disappointment.

So it's not like Cousins was playing with a full deck all season and he still managed to put up good numbers. 4093yds, and 27 TDs against 13 Interceptions. If I was the Redskins GM, or Dan Snyder I'd be building the team around that kid instead of bringing in an older QB in Alex Smith.

Then again, this is the same team that paid Albert Haynesworth ludicrous money to do absolutely nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith trade: QB headed to Washington, to receive 4-year extension, reports say    Alex Smith trade: QB headed to Washington, to receive 4-year extension, reports say  EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:01 am

Interesting stat on the bottom line on ESPN is Redskins will franchise Cousins in hope to trade him.

Well grab your Alex Smith trade: QB headed to Washington, to receive 4-year extension, reports say  2893009358 this is going to get interesting.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Alex Smith trade: QB headed to Washington, to receive 4-year extension, reports say  3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith trade: QB headed to Washington, to receive 4-year extension, reports say    Alex Smith trade: QB headed to Washington, to receive 4-year extension, reports say  Empty

Back to top Go down

Alex Smith trade: QB headed to Washington, to receive 4-year extension, reports say
Page 1 of 1