Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers cap issues  - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers cap issues

Go down 
+6
Wallace108
SteelerFreak58
IowaSteeler927
effyou515
solardave
Crash
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

Steelers cap issues  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Steelers cap issues  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 3:33 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
Even if Bell stays they need to bring in another decent back-up RB. Right now, we only have Conner and he has a history of injuries. Even this year with limited snaps he was done for the season.

I liked the little I saw from Ridley. I think we only signed him for last season though. I agree we need someone fast enough to get around the corner that runs hard every time.If Connor gets healthy and stays that way I think he could be the guy. We may find out if Bell goes.

I like Ridley too, he got limited touches but that guy runs hard. I think they definitely need to keep him on board. Let him and Conner fight it out in camp to be the #2 back.

I watched the last game against the Brown's. They said Cleveland was #7 against the run and Ridley ran well against them. I hope he stays too. Even if Bell goes I think we can stand Pat with Connor , Ridley, and Fitz. Maybe pick up a RB in the later rounds.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Steelers cap issues  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 12:53 pm

Quote :
NFL Free Agency 2018: Some hidden gems lurking in free-agent linebackers crop

The modern-day linebacker is a different beast, and the free-agent class reflects as much. Some positional groups feature a free-agent unicorn like Kirk Cousins while others have a couple young, productive pass rushers. The linebackers don't have a headliner and they don't exactly have a massive list of stars sitting their either. These guys are not going to command insane money in the market.
A lot of these guys are returning to the market after signing one-year deals last year in free agency. There's plenty of depth at the position, but there isn't any especially high-end talent and expecting any massive contracts from this group would be asking a lot.
There is still, however, a couple of interesting names on this list who could
We're not going to include pass-rushing outside linebackers here (you can find those guys here), and we're lumping together off-ball and inside linebackers in one group and breaking them out into tiers and some of the bigger names you could see buzzing around the league in terms of possible signings.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-free-agency-2018-some-hidden-gems-lurking-in-free-agent-linebackers-crop/

Quote :
2018 NFL Free Agency: DeMarcus Lawrence headlines crop of free-agent pass rushers

After a franchise quarterback and maybe a Pro Bowl left tackle, the most important player on an NFL roster is the pass rusher. The other positions, in general, are relatively easy to fill; you can find replacement-level-or-better talent at running back and receiver, along the interior line and in the secondary. But without a competent and consistent pass rush, everything else defensively breaks down -- even the best cover cornerbacks aren't expected to blanket receivers for more than three seconds
So with free agency only a few weeks away, we'll look at some of the most important players on the field: edge rushers.
And if you didn't share that opinion before Super Bowl LII, surely Brandon Graham changed your mind in the two seconds it took for him to get to Tom Brady and change the complexion of the game.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-free-agency-demarcus-lawrence-headlines-crop-of-free-agent-pass-rushers/

found a list of free agent ILBs and pass rushers.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Steelers cap issues  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Updating the Steelers’ salary cap situation after making several moves

Behind the Steel Curtain
2/18/18

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/d0bd7f4f-2ee1-3946-88bd-a656d07e96b5/ss_updating-the-steelers’-salary.html
Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Steelers cap issues  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 4:13 pm

Wearing pads to class. LOL
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Steelers cap issues  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 7:09 pm

Crash wrote:
Wearing pads to class. LOL  

Steelers cap issues  - Page 2 DWaHf2jXkAI1lOo?format=jpg

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Steelers cap issues  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 4:40 pm

effyou515 wrote:
Quote :
NFL Free Agency 2018: Some hidden gems lurking in free-agent linebackers crop

The modern-day linebacker is a different beast, and the free-agent class reflects as much. Some positional groups feature a free-agent unicorn like Kirk Cousins while others have a couple young, productive pass rushers. The linebackers don't have a headliner and they don't exactly have a massive list of stars sitting their either. These guys are not going to command insane money in the market.
A lot of these guys are returning to the market after signing one-year deals last year in free agency. There's plenty of depth at the position, but there isn't any especially high-end talent and expecting any massive contracts from this group would be asking a lot.
There is still, however, a couple of interesting names on this list who could
We're not going to include pass-rushing outside linebackers here (you can find those guys here), and we're lumping together off-ball and inside linebackers in one group and breaking them out into tiers and some of the bigger names you could see buzzing around the league in terms of possible signings.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-free-agency-2018-some-hidden-gems-lurking-in-free-agent-linebackers-crop/

Quote :
2018 NFL Free Agency: DeMarcus Lawrence headlines crop of free-agent pass rushers

After a franchise quarterback and maybe a Pro Bowl left tackle, the most important player on an NFL roster is the pass rusher. The other positions, in general, are relatively easy to fill; you can find replacement-level-or-better talent at running back and receiver, along the interior line and in the secondary. But without a competent and consistent pass rush, everything else defensively breaks down -- even the best cover cornerbacks aren't expected to blanket receivers for more than three seconds
So with free agency only a few weeks away, we'll look at some of the most important players on the field: edge rushers.
And if you didn't share that opinion before Super Bowl LII, surely Brandon Graham changed your mind in the two seconds it took for him to get to Tom Brady and change the complexion of the game.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-free-agency-demarcus-lawrence-headlines-crop-of-free-agent-pass-rushers/

found a list of free agent ILBs and pass rushers.

I like Zach Brown, Nigel Bradham and Tahir Whitehead in that order. They should find a MLB in free agency.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Steelers cap issues  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers cap issues
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2