Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeLe'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers

Go down 
+12
effyou515
LambertWardSteel
stlrtruck
Lokki
Drizztbob
IowaSteeler927
jak341
Master_Of_Puppets
Crash
solardave
Mach1
Hawaii 5-0
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptyFri May 25, 2018 4:21 pm

Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million per year from the Steelers

By: Curt Popejoy

If you are as tired of talking about the national anthem as we are, let’s change the subject. It’s probably not a happier topic, but we did get some information about the contract demands of Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell. He’s currently holding out while his team participates in OTAs.

According to NFL Insider Tom Pelissero, a huge roadblock in the negotiations between Bell and the Steelers is that Bell is asking for $17 million per season on a new deal.

to read rest of article:

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/25/leveon-bell-reportedly-asking-for-17-million-per-year-from-the-steelers/
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptyFri May 25, 2018 4:27 pm

Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers And-the-lord-sayeth-unto-thee-bye-felicia

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptyFri May 25, 2018 10:28 pm

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptySat May 26, 2018 6:21 am

I can name the 3 or 4 rap songs I like. One should be played for Bell concerning his 17 mil per year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5X5zh00rdg
Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptySat May 26, 2018 11:38 am

He must still be smoking the wacky tobaccy!
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptySat May 26, 2018 1:24 pm

they should have just pulled the tag offer and let him walk. no team is going to pay him $17 million. i'm really starting to believe he wants to go else where and is just paying lip service about wanting to stay in pittsburgh so he doesn't look like a selfish douchebag.
i'm starting to change the way i look at tom brady. he is one of the few guys willing to take less money so they afford to build a super bowl team. all these other ass clowns say that winning the super bowl is there ultimate goal , but it's really all about the pay day.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptySat May 26, 2018 8:13 pm

No way, no how.
Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptySun May 27, 2018 2:49 am

Brady's wife makes a fortune compared to Tom. That's why he can do what he does.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptyTue May 29, 2018 1:54 am

Bell isn't worth that kind of money. Is he a special player, a special talent? Yes. He however wants to be paid out of market for the most short lived, and injury prone position in the NFL.

After this season it's next man up for me, let some other team overpay him for his services and draft a guy that's a little less egocentric than Bell.

The Steelers are about winning championships, not over-paying guys that put themselves ahead of the team and create distractions all throughout the offseason.

Bell says he wants to stay a Steeler, well maybe take a page out of Antonio Brown's book. Shut up and play. Don't be an idiot and write up rap songs about how much you think you should be getting paid... Show up to Minicamp, OTAs, and Training Camp instead of being a distraction for everyone all offseason and endear yourself to the front office and your teammates. That's why Ben and Brown have been paid, and paid well. Bell obviously has very little understanding of how the Steelers have done business historically.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptyWed May 30, 2018 3:10 pm

Read this article to know everything you need to know about the type of person Bell is:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/5/29/17403532/steelers-alejandro-villanueva-leveon-bell-show-different-priorities-memorial-day-opinion-commentary

Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptyThu May 31, 2018 1:27 pm

Franco Harris: 'Best interest' for Steelers to sign Le'Veon Bell

Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

PITTSBURGH -- As a standard-bearer for Pittsburgh Steelers running backs, Franco Harris has grown to appreciate Le'Veon Bell.

"I think he's the best all-around back in the game," Harris said Wednesday at Heinz Field from the Steelers' throwback uniform unveiling honoring the Super Bowl XIII team.

to read rest of article:

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/27986/franco-harris-best-interest-for-steelers-to-sign-leveon-bell
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptyThu May 31, 2018 7:20 pm

Nobody is disputing the fact that he is the best back in the league. There is no way that he will get 17 million a year though unless some bottom tier team gives it to him. Go enjoy playing for a trash team while rolling around in your money, Bell.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 5:11 am

Bell is a great player, but I'm sure there's plenty of other running backs that would look pretty good playing behind our offensive line as well. Bell hasn't done it all by himself, that O-Line never gets enough credit for the work they put in.

17 million is ridiculous for a running back. No need to mortgage the farm on the shortest-lived position in the NFL.

Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 11:54 pm

The Steelers won't give him his money
Management just isn't a believa
So Le'Veon is left with no other choice
But to rap with Wiz Khalifa.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/06/10/pittsburgh-steelers-running-back-leveon-bell-has-been-spending-time-in-the-studio-with-wiz-khalifa/
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 7:46 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Bell is a great player, but I'm sure there's plenty of other running backs that would look pretty good playing behind our offensive line as well. Bell hasn't done it all by himself, that O-Line never gets enough credit for the work they put in.

17 million is ridiculous for a running back. No need to mortgage the farm on the shortest-lived position in the NFL.

From what I read Connor might be that guy and don't forget Ridley. That's 17,000,002 reasons to not "pay the man".
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 8:38 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/06/10/pittsburgh-steelers-running-back-leveon-bell-has-been-spending-time-in-the-studio-with-wiz-khalifa/

I wonder what else he is doing with WK outside the studio?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 12:02 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

I wonder what else he is doing with WK outside the studio?

Yeah proably setting himself up to fail another random. Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers 2913999526
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 7:42 pm

14.5 mil. That's Bell's lowest number. That's still a big nope on my part.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/06/report-leveon-bell-wont-accept-contract-worth-less-than-14-5-million-per-year/
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 3:09 am

jak341 wrote:
14.5 mil. That's Bell's lowest number. That's still a big nope on my part.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/06/report-leveon-bell-wont-accept-contract-worth-less-than-14-5-million-per-year/

The question I ask myself is would Bell be as good as he is now behind another team's offensive line? Depends on the team, obviously, but if you put him behind some mediocre offensive line unit I think he honestly wouldn't be that great. The way he plays the game, that kind of hesitation style, where he waits for the blocks to develop... I think our offensive line doesn't get enough credit for the great work they do maintaining their blocks and opening up holes. If he was playing behind some mediocre line he'd be having to hit the holes earlier because a lot of guys playing OL in the NFL aren't as good at run blocking as our guys are.

Bell is acting like he's doing it all himself and the market should be changed because of him. While I think Bell is a great player, and a very talented player, I don't think he is looking at the bigger picture of how well he has it where he's at right now.

Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 12:03 am

Le'Veon Bell has 'confidence' he will sign deal with Steelers

JOE RUTTER | Monday, June 25, 201

Three weeks before the deadline to sign a long-term contract with the Steelers, running back Le'Veon Bell is optimistic the two sides will come to terms on a deal.

If the Steelers and Bell do not agree to a deal by July 16, he must play the 2018 season under the terms of the $14.55 million franchise tender the team applied to him in March. It almost certainly would be his final season with the Steelers.

“We're a lot closer than we were last year at this time,” Bell said Monday night on NFL Network. “That's what I'm happy about. None of that matters if we don't get it done. Hopefully, we'll try to get something done. That's what I'm looking forward to. I've got confidence we'll get it done.

“I want to do it.”

to read rest of article:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13801632-74/bell-has-confidence-he-will-sign-long-term-deal-with-steelers?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:%20tribunereviewsteelers%20(Steelers%20Stories)
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 1:30 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

JOE RUTTER  | Monday, June 25, 201

Three weeks before the deadline to sign a long-term contract with the Steelers, running back Le'Veon Bell is optimistic the two sides will come to terms on a deal.

If the Steelers and Bell do not agree to a deal by July 16, he must play the 2018 season under the terms of the $14.55 million franchise tender the team applied to him in March. It almost certainly would be his final season with the Steelers.

“We're a lot closer than we were last year at this time,” Bell said Monday night on NFL Network. “That's what I'm happy about. None of that matters if we don't get it done. Hopefully, we'll try to get something done. That's what I'm looking forward to. I've got confidence we'll get it done.

“I want to do it.”

to read rest of article:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13801632-74/bell-has-confidence-he-will-sign-long-term-deal-with-steelers?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:%20tribunereviewsteelers%20(Steelers%20Stories)

Seems pretty optimistic about getting a deal done. I hope they do so I don't have to hear about his contract situation anymore. Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers 1797695198

Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptyWed Jun 27, 2018 3:17 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

“I want to do it.”

to read rest of article:

Seems pretty optimistic about getting a deal done. I hope they do so I don't have to hear about his contract situation anymore. Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers 1797695198

oh hell no. if bell says they are getting closer, to making him happy, then that means the steelers are raising the numbers. sorry but no RB is worth 12 million, let alone what he thinks he is worth. i wouldn't pay a dime over 10 million. the way i see it , the Oline accounts for 70% of a RB's success. (unless you're barry sanders).
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptyWed Jun 27, 2018 10:58 pm

I suspect this is nothing more than posturing by Bell to make it look like to the fans and any future suitors that he is trying to work with the team and get things done. My feelings have really moved around a lot on this the last 2 years. At first there was no way I wanted them to lose him but that turned into there was no way I wanted them to tie that much money up on him.

I have to admit when I saw the most current story that I felt a little hope something might still get done. The only way I'd like a deal now would be if he takes less than the Steelers originally offered. This probably is very unlikely but maybe he's waited long enough, saw he's not getting what he wanted, and will lower his demands. I think he probably plays out the franchise this year, gets signed by someone like Cleveland, then turns into another Mike Wallace.

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptyThu Jun 28, 2018 4:20 pm

one more year tag him then lets see what team will pay him in 2019. bet it won't be close to 17m. he trying to shake down the Steelers.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers EmptyFri Jun 29, 2018 3:31 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

“I want to do it.”

to read rest of article:

oh hell no. if bell says they are getting closer, to making him happy, then that means the steelers are raising the numbers. sorry but no RB is worth 12 million, let alone what he thinks he is worth. i wouldn't pay a dime over 10 million.  the way i see it , the Oline accounts for 70% of a RB's success. (unless you're barry sanders).

Oh no MoP, I agree with you buddy, I definitely don't think they should pay him as much as he wants. Force him to play under the franchise tag this season, and let some other team overpay for his services.

I was just saying that it would be nice to not have to hear about his contract situation anymore, but I concur, I think a big contract to him would be more detrimental than helpful at this point.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next