Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Thank you Le'Veon Bell

Go down 
+8
Master_Of_Puppets
LambertWardSteel
Lokki
Mach1
Great Randino
effyou515
solardave
Stella Nation
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 4:14 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
Somebody wrote that he doesn't have to report by next week's deadline in order to become a free agent, because he's already put in 4 years.  Do you guys know anything about this?  I've heard, for all season now, that if he didn't sign by the 10th week, he would be in the same situation next year and still not be a free agent.

Regardless, the Steelers could also transition tag him this offseason, regardless of him signing.  Personally, I think we trade him the first chance we are legally aloud to do so.

If he doesn't show up the Steelers can place the franchise tag on him again for the same price. But I don't think they will do that given Bell's hold out and Conner's season, so he will probably be a free agent next season even when he doesn't show up. Steelers can use the transition tag like you said and hope someone offers a first or second round for him depending on what round they chose for the transition tag.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 4:27 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
It's going to be interesting if/when Bell comes back to sign his offer sheet.

Can he let spoken words be water under the bridge?
Can the current roster forgive him and welcome him to the locker room?

and...

can he beat out Samuels to be Conner's backup?

Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 2573146105

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 5:05 pm

I kinda hope he doesn't sign at all this year.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 6:00 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
I kinda hope he doesn't sign at all this year.  

You may get your wish. If the article is correct it surprises me they are thinking of putting transition tag on him.

As deadline nears, Le'Veon Bell and Steelers not in contact

Le'Veon Bell has not had contact with the Pittsburgh Steelers this week, sources tell ESPN, and barring an unforeseen development in the next few days, is not expected to report to the team in time for Thursday night's game against the Panthers, increasing the possibility that the star running back will not play at all this season.

Bell faces a deadline of Nov. 13 to report in order to play at all this season. Under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement, Bell must report to the Steelers by 4 p.m. ET next Tuesday or he will be ineligible for the remainder of the season, a source confirmed to ESPN.

The collective bargaining agreement mandates that any player on a contract or on a tender must report by the Tuesday after the 10th week of the season if he wants to play that year.

But one source pointed out to ESPN that it "doesn't make any sense for [Bell] to play now."

"If he doesn't want to play for $14.5 million, why would he want to play for $5 million?" the source told ESPN, referring to the prorated balance remaining on Bell's $14.5 million franchise tender.

Bell told ESPN in early October that he is staying away to preserve his long-term health for his next contract but intends to play football this season. Bell has been working out in Miami this season, but on Monday he tweeted "Fairwell Miami" without further explanation.

Bell said the Steelers told him they plan to place the transition tag on him this offseason, and a source confirmed to ESPN that the tag would be worth approximately $9 million to $10 million.

The transition tag would allow Bell to negotiate with other teams and allow the Steelers to match any offer. If the Steelers match, regardless of the offer, Bell would have to sign that deal with Pittsburgh.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25187177/leveon-bell-talked-steelers-unlikely-report-week

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 6:36 pm

I just want to see us get a high draft pick out of him.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 8:27 pm

Interesting ESPN article. The article above has been amended.

ESPN wrote:
Bell does not have to report to the Steelers by a certain date to get an accrued season to become eligible for free agency, contrary to what ESPN and others previously reported. Bell already has played the four-plus seasons he needs to become a free agent after the season.

This is the first I've heard of this.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 11:30 pm

Yeah, we've been hearing the opposite all season long.

Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 11:22 am

You spelled "F**k You, Le'Veon Bell", wrong.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 1:22 pm

OX1947 wrote:
You spelled "F**k You, Le'Veon Bell", wrong.

Seriously?!

I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this!

Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 1549491426 Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 1549491426 Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 1549491426 Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 1549491426 Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 1549491426 Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 1549491426

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 9:31 am

Unconfirmed rumors that Bell is back in Pittsburgh. He was spotted shooting hoops at a local gym.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 11:49 am

Maybe he's picking up a new sport?
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 2:09 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
Maybe he's picking up a new sport?

B-ball in Clown Town?

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 3:07 pm

he'll be showing up the day before the last day.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2018 3:30 pm

Le'Veon Bell appears in Pittsburgh but no word on contact with Steelers

PITTSBURGH -- Le'Veon Bell is back in Pittsburgh.

The Pittsburgh Steelers running back played basketball at L.A. Fitness club in North Pittsburgh on Tuesday night, a manager with L.A. Fitness confirmed to ESPN.

Pictures and videos circulated online late Tuesday of Bell in the club. Pittsburgh resident John Maus, who posted a video of Bell on his Snapchat story, said the subject in his video is "110 percent Le'Veon" and his video was shot live.

Full story: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25206637/leveon-bell-back-pittsburgh-no-word-meeting-team

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 1:16 am

Who cares? I don't. I'm fully behind Conner at this point. He's done nothing to indicate that he shouldn't be the starting running back from here on out. Bell if he's lucky, would be spelling Conner if he comes back. If I were Tomlin, I wouldn't even let Bell spell Conner. I'd still roll with Samuels and let him continue to develop.

Some team is going to be stupid and pay Bell the stupid amount of money he's asking for and they'll end up regretting it. It'll be just like when the Dolphins overpaid for Mike Wallace.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 6:06 am

Since he doesn't need to show up to be a free agent next year, I have a feeling he won't.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 6:30 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Since he doesn't need to show up to be a free agent next year, I have a feeling he won't.

I actually hope he doesn't. At this point, I think the team is actually better off without him coming in and causing a disruption of the chemistry they've started to develop with James Conner.

Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 6:39 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

I actually hope he doesn't. At this point, I think the team is actually better off without him coming in and causing a disruption of the chemistry they've started to develop with James Conner.

The only reason that I want him to show up at all, is to be insurance if something happens to Conner. We have a lot of tough games coming up.

Other than that, I can't wait until the daily media distraction of him not being here is over with. Also, I hope that he severely shot him self in the foot in terms of a new contract with another team after they see how he will act. It was a blessing to us though. It gave us the opportunity to really see what we had in Conner.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 7:47 am

Lokki wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

The only reason that I want him to show up at all, is to be insurance if something happens to Conner.  We have a lot of tough games coming up.  

Other than that, I can't wait until the daily media distraction of him not being here is over with.  Also, I hope that he severely shot him self in the foot in terms of a new contract with another team after they see how he will act.  It was a blessing to us though.  It gave us the opportunity to really see what we had in Conner.  

I wonder though, if something happened to Conner, if we'd even really see Bell put forth his best effort. I feel like he'd just half-ass it through the rest of the season and hope for a big paycheck from some other team next year.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 7:56 am

There are conflicting reports about Bell. One is because he has 4 years in he is automatically a FA and can't be tagged again. He doesn't even have to show up.

The second is if he doesn't show by 11/18 the FO office can place the transition tag on him. If a team makes an offer we could match and he'd have to play for that amount. If we didn't I think the league would determine our compensation. Most likely a #1 pick.

For what it's worth I say don't let the door hit you in the ass. Seeeeeya.Wouldn't wanna beeeya.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 8:20 am

I want Bell on the roster, and I want him spelling Conner. Hell, I'd even like to see them have a split backfield.

Not because Bell has deserved it, but because it adds a dimension to our offense which would be difficult to defend.

Bell has mentioned he wants to play this year. I believe he's going to play this year, but it's going to be situational plays and backup (IMO). Anything more than that is a slap in the face to Conner.

Bell has held himself out to make an impact next year. I believe he will make an impact next year, but it won't be with the Steelers.

My advice to Bell - You better make the best of whatever touches you get if/when you do come back, because they won't be many and with minimal touches, you'll be getting minimal money!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 8:21 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/le%E2%80%99veon-bell-%E2%80%9Cnot-apologizing-for-what-i-believe-is-right%E2%80%9D/ar-BBPsK5p?li=BBnbfcL

Bell still believes he's doing what's right. That's fine, this is a business and right now he's on the business side of it.

Good Luck in Miami next year.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 9:48 am

stlrtruck wrote:
I want Bell on the roster, and I want him spelling Conner.  Hell, I'd even like to see them have a split backfield.

Not because Bell has deserved it, but because it adds a dimension to our offense which would be difficult to defend.

Bell has mentioned he wants to play this year.  I believe he's going to play this year, but it's going to be situational plays and backup (IMO).  Anything more than that is a slap in the face to Conner.

Bell has held himself out to make an impact next year.  I believe he will make an impact next year, but it won't be with the Steelers.

My advice to Bell - You better make the best of whatever touches you get if/when you do come back, because they won't be many and with minimal touches, you'll be getting minimal money!

If he signs in time and gets some touches it would absolutely be in his best interest to play his heart out. If he is here for the remainder of the season and does not "ball out" he's only screwing himself. I believe teams will be at least a little leery to sign a guy who proves to not be a team player as much as a poor BIDNESS man.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 5:14 pm

this is the butt crap story Le'Veon Bell will be using here on out

Report: Le'Veon Bell's agent didn't understand franchise-tag rules

A former NFL running back has alleged that Adisa Bakari, the agent for Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell, didn’t understand until recently that Bell could receive a franchise-tag tender in excess of $25 million in 2019 even if he does not report this season, Joe Rutter of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports.

http://theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/73397/Report--Le-Veon-Bell-s-agent-didn-t-understand-franchise-tag-rules
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2018 9:35 pm

If we let him go without a tag, we get a 3rd. Hmmm...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thank you Le'Veon Bell
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2