Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs. Saints - Page 6 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs. Saints

Go down 
+10
Great Randino
jak341
Lokki
stlrtruck
Stella Nation
solardave
IowaSteeler927
effyou515
LambertWardSteel
Wallace108
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 8:21 pm

towards the end of the game as usual Ben gets stuck on AB with a little of JUJU here and there.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 8:24 pm

One of the saddest things about this season is Ben is very likely going to surpass 5,000yds Passing and already passed his personal best of 32TD passes in a season and is currently sitting at 33. Likely the best season of his career and we're most likely going to miss the playoffs.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 8:34 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
This probably won't be a popular opinion, but I don't have a lof negative things to say about the team's performance. They played well enough to beat the top seed in the NFC. But the Saints also played well enough to win. There are always two teams playing, and sometimes you have to give credit to the other team. And the refs.

I'm with you Walleye imo the Steelers played a better game today then they played last week and the Steelers are close to being a great team.

I'm starting to see the difference the new DB coach is making on the so so DBs on the team and imo a couple of bad pass inter. calls in the Saints game. when the Saints whined the flags came out. Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 124247948
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 8:46 pm

what if the Ravens lose next week and the Steelers beat the Bengals?

I'm seeing the Browns beating the Ravens next week.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 8:47 pm

effyou515 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
This probably won't be a popular opinion, but I don't have a lof negative things to say about the team's performance. They played well enough to beat the top seed in the NFC. But the Saints also played well enough to win. There are always two teams playing, and sometimes you have to give credit to the other team. And the refs.

I'm with you Walleye imo the Steelers played a better game today then they played last week and the Steelers are close to being a great team.

I'm starting to see the difference the new DB coach is making on the so so DBs on the team and imo a couple of bad pass inter. calls in the Saints game. when the Saints whined the flags came out. Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 124247948

The thing is if you told me 5 weeks ago they go 1-1 against Saints and cheats I'd figure we had a successful end of season. It wasn't this game...it was the Browns game, Oakland, Denver and Chargers. This game should have only mattered in the race for the #1 seed and been inconsequential in the division race or playoff berth. The last seasons of a HOF QB are being wasted by constant playoff failures and this year probably not making it

Browns could still beat rats next week but probably more likely we're drafting higher than the last 12 spots in the 2019 draft.

Happy Holidays and New Year to everyone here.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 8:49 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

I agree.

And on another note:  I agreed with the fake punt - and everyone on this forum would be too, if it would've gone for one more yard.

JuJu was amazing - it sucks that his fumbled ended the game.  He's a terrific young talent.

I still disagree with that fake punt. If the idea was to play defense, and it obviously was since Tomlin didn't let them score to preserve timeouts, then you need to make Brees drive the length of the field. Yeah everyone would've been happy had Nix picked up the 1st Down but I still disagree with the call.

Agree on Juju, that is just awful. It was a bad break. Just ended up on top of the guy otherwise he probably would've been down. Bad luck. Hope he keeps his chin up.

If we had punted, the punt would have went into the end zone like always, and it would have been about a 25 yard difference from where the saints got the ball. Brees still would have driven in for a score (he probably would have made up the difference in yardage in just a few passes, and would have left us with less time).

Too many times, this team has built a lead and then took its foot off the pedal, allowing other teams to make a comeback. On the fake punt, tomlin was playing to win instead of playing to not lose. I'm fine with that. My complaint is tomlin putting ridley in during a critical drive with the season on the line. He's the 4th string running back for a reason.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 8:56 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:

Right back at ya. Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 230572241

I learned long ago not to allow Steelers losses to affect my life. There are so many things that are more important.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 8:58 pm

effyou515 wrote:

In that scenario Steelers win division.

Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 9:00 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

If we had punted, the punt would have went into the end zone like always, and it would have been about a 25 yard difference from where the saints got the ball. Brees still would have driven in for a score (he probably would have made up the difference in yardage in just a few passes, and would have left us with less time).

Too many times, this team has built a lead and then took its foot off the pedal, allowing other teams to make a comeback. On the fake punt, tomlin was playing to win instead of playing to not lose. I'm fine with that. My complaint is tomlin putting ridley in during a critical drive with the season on the line. He's the 4th string running back for a reason.

My issue is that it wasn't 4th and short. If you are going to keep your foot on the pedal and go for it, at least keep the offense out there and call a better play. 4th and 2 or 4th and 3 and that fake punt would've worked, but 4th and 5 is a huge stretch.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 9:00 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

Right back at ya. Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 230572241

I learned long ago not to allow Steelers losses to affect my life. There are so many things that are more important.

Thanks. I look forward to following the Steelers with all of you in 19.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 9:01 pm

The way this season is going, the Browns will help us out by beating the Ravens ... and we'll lose to the Bungles. Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 4275664633

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 9:09 pm

Lokki wrote:
My issue is that it wasn't 4th and short.  If you are going to keep your foot on the pedal and go for it, at least keep the offense out there and call a better play.  4th and 2 or 4th and 3 and that fake punt would've worked, but 4th and 5 is a huge stretch.  

Fair point. You're not wrong, but I'm still OK with the call.

LambertWardSteel wrote:

Regardless of what happens next week, stick around throughout the offseason. We've neglected the off topic forums for way too long. It's far past time to get back to who we are ... which really isn't a Steelers forum despite the name. Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 1797695198

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 9:17 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

In that scenario Steelers win division.

no problem the Steelers always do things the long drawn out way.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 11:51 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Lokki wrote:
My issue is that it wasn't 4th and short.  If you are going to keep your foot on the pedal and go for it, at least keep the offense out there and call a better play.  4th and 2 or 4th and 3 and that fake punt would've worked, but 4th and 5 is a huge stretch.  

Fair point. You're not wrong, but I'm still OK with the call.

LambertWardSteel wrote:

Regardless of what happens next week, stick around throughout the offseason. We've neglected the off topic forums for way too long. It's far past time to get back to who we are ... which really isn't a Steelers forum despite the name. Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 1797695198

I didn't mean that to sound as a farewell for the year Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 2981382511 I just meant to say this year's about over and we'll still be doing it 2019 playoffs or not.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 11:55 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
The way this season is going, the Browns will help us out by beating the Ravens ... and we'll lose to the Bungles. Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 4275664633

I didn't want to be the one who wrote that Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 2981382511 but, yeah. The rats are due for a letdown, the Browns got them earlier, and every game for the Browns is one where they want to prove themself. I could see Browns winning next week. But, as you say, Steelers likely lose to the Bengals Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 294855916

All that being said...Browns may lose just to make sure Steelers stay out.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 4:20 am

Wallace108 wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 5:21 pm

Not that I think we will do much in the playoffs, but the Browns have a pretty high incentive to fight hard for a W on Sunday. If they beat the Ravens, the Browns would finish at 8-7-1. That would be their first winning season in a very long time. So we would need to demolish the Bengals in the process. I hate backing into the playoffs like that, but it would be sweet to have the Browns help us get there. :)
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 5:44 pm

I absolutely believe the Browns could win against the Ravens. In fact, they should be favorites in this game.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 1:26 am

I think the Browns have every chance to win, they've actually got a pretty damn decent defense. I think Gregg Williams could definitely draw up some stuff to deal with Lamar Jackson and force him into some mistakes.

I'm happy if we make the playoffs, every loss we've had this season has been pretty damn close or absolutely down to the wire. This team has shown it can hang with any team in the league and we've done that despite some absolutely horrible officiating going against us. If we get into the playoffs we're just as dangerous as any other team, and we've got a pretty healthy roster to boot.

I mean yeah I'd of preferred we'd of just locked things up on our own, but I still want to see my Steelers in the playoffs even if we need a little luck to get there. It's about time something breaks our way.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 3:26 am

Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 48427310

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 1505004552
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 10:26 am

We lost to the 2-10 Raiders... lol come on man!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 10:54 am

SteelCity4Life wrote:
Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 48427310

Mr. Mayfield be my hero and beat the original Browns Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 11:13 pm

Get your jerseys ready..

Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 Ab_bro10
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 11:45 pm

Copied this from the Tweets at Post Gazette:

Quote :
The Pittsburgh #Steelers head into the last week of the season needing help in order to make the playoffs. In the 9 previous occasions that PIT needed help in the season’s final week in order to make the postseason, they made the playoffs 4 times (1977, 1989, 1993, 2015).

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 1:21 am

We should just tell Baker that Hue Jackson just got hired by the Ravens. He'd lead them to victory for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Saints   Steelers vs. Saints - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Saints
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next