Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBlack Monday Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Black Monday

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Black Monday Empty
PostSubject: Black Monday   Black Monday EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 10:49 am

Marvin Lewis is out.
Todd Bowles is out.
Vance Joseph is out.
Adam Gase is out.
Steve Wilks is out.
Dirk Koetter is out.

Plus Mike McArthy and Hue Jackson already being out. There are a lot of teams in need of new head coaches.

Raiders hire Mike Mayock as GM.  

Steelers haven't done anything yet.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Black Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Monday   Black Monday EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 4:54 pm

This is too funny.....Jackson 11-44-1 as a head coach and is getting endorsed to take over Bengals.

CINCINNATI -- The Bengals have parted ways with longtime coach Marvin Lewis, who endorsed his friend Hue Jackson as his replacement.

Lewis had one season remaining on a contract extension he signed last year. In a statement, the team said the decision was mutual.

The 60-year-old Lewis coached the Bengals for 16 seasons and had a 131-122-3 record with them. Although he leaves with the most wins in franchise history, his 0-7 record in the playoffs and 8-26 record against the Pittsburgh Steelers looms large over his tenure.

EDITOR'S PICKS

NFL head-coaching carousel: Tracking firings, openings and candidates
Eight coaches have been fired, topping the seven from last year. Here's what you need to know about each opening.

"I didn't deliver what the No. 1 goal is, and that's to be world champions, and we did not get that done,'' Lewis said at the news conference. "A lot of positives, but that's the one goal as a coach you look forward to doing. Mike and I both decided it's time. I think it's a tough moment for both of us, but we both realized.''

The Bengals brought back Jackson as a special assistant after the Browns fired him during the season. Jackson is close to Lewis and has spent three stints on his staff, including a two-year stretch as offensive coordinator before he took the Browns' head-coaching job in 2016. Given Jackson's failure in Cleveland -- three wins in two-plus seasons -- many fans would view his elevation to head coach as more of the same

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25653722/bengals-coach-marvin-lewis-part-ways-6-10-season

effyou515

Black Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Monday   Black Monday EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 8:53 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
This is too funny.....Jackson 11-44-1 as a head coach and is getting endorsed to take over Bengals.

CINCINNATI -- The Bengals have parted ways with longtime coach Marvin Lewis, who endorsed his friend Hue Jackson as his replacement.

Lewis had one season remaining on a contract extension he signed last year. In a statement, the team said the decision was mutual.

The 60-year-old Lewis coached the Bengals for 16 seasons and had a 131-122-3 record with them. Although he leaves with the most wins in franchise history, his 0-7 record in the playoffs and 8-26 record against the Pittsburgh Steelers looms large over his tenure.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Eight coaches have been fired, topping the seven from last year. Here's what you need to know about each opening.

"I didn't deliver what the No. 1 goal is, and that's to be world champions, and we did not get that done,'' Lewis said at the news conference. "A lot of positives, but that's the one goal as a coach you look forward to doing. Mike and I both decided it's time. I think it's a tough moment for both of us, but we both realized.''

The Bengals brought back Jackson as a special assistant after the Browns fired him during the season. Jackson is close to Lewis and has spent three stints on his staff, including a two-year stretch as offensive coordinator before he took the Browns' head-coaching job in 2016. Given Jackson's failure in Cleveland -- three wins in two-plus seasons -- many fans would view his elevation to head coach as more of the same

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25653722/bengals-coach-marvin-lewis-part-ways-6-10-season

though my black and gold colored Steelers glasses the hiring of Hue Jackson by the Bengals would be great.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Black Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Monday   Black Monday EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 11:21 pm

effyou515 wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

EDITOR'S PICKS

though my black and gold colored Steelers glasses the hiring of Hue Jackson by the Bengals would be great.

Black Monday 3562723908  we should write Bengals ownerships masquerading as Bengals fans and say how much we'd love a Hue Jackson hire  Black Monday 2981382511

Black Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Monday   Black Monday Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Monday
Page 1 of 1