Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homeunclear on Bell status Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

unclear on Bell status

Go down 
+4
effyou515
solardave
jak341
Master_Of_Puppets
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

unclear on Bell status Empty
PostSubject: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 6:51 pm

so what's the deal ? is bell still obligated to the steelers or is he a free agent ? did the steelers some how lose the rights to him after he held out ? will they get a comp pick for him ?

according to this article the steelers can still tag him

Le'Veon Bell, Steelers may still have a happy ending
ByBryan DeArdo Jan 22, 11:15 AM

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/LeVeon-Bell-Steelers-Art-Rooney-II-options-128165881/

Quote :
The Steelers certainly aren't out of options if Bell decides to pass on negotiating a longterm deal with the Steelers. In this (most likely) scenario, Pittsburgh will place the transition tag on Bell, which means that the Steelers will have the option to match any offer an NFL team makes to Bell after the league's new year begins on March 13. This could actually benefit the Steelers if Bell doesn't receive his desired offer. Let's say teams are scared of the fact that Bell may not be the same player after sitting out an entire year. They also may bulk at Bell's injury history that includes knee surgery in 2015 and groin surgery in 2017. Bell may also get dinged on the open market for his past suspensions for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

Regardless, there's still a long way to go before Bell and the Steelers would eventually part ways. My guess is that Pittsburgh will transition tag Bell and will then have to decide whether or not to match another team's offer. If a team offers Bell a number that the Steelers fell comfortable matching (and the fell that investing in Bell is the right thing to do moving forward), he will be a Steeler for the next several years. If a team blows any offer the Steelers would have made out of the water, Bell will be on another NFL roster in 2019. It's as simple as that.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 7:11 pm

No. Just no. Run the F away.

Don't quote me on this, but if he simply walks, we get a compensatory pick. If we tag him and he leaves, we get nothing.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 4:52 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
so what's the deal ? is bell still obligated to the steelers or is he a free agent ? did the steelers some how lose the rights to him after he held out ? will they get a comp pick for him ?

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/LeVeon-Bell-Steelers-Art-Rooney-II-options-128165881/

Quote :
The Steelers certainly aren't out of options if Bell decides to pass on negotiating a longterm deal with the Steelers. In this (most likely) scenario, Pittsburgh will place the transition tag on Bell, which means that the Steelers will have the option to match any offer an NFL team makes to Bell after the league's new year begins on March 13. This could actually benefit the Steelers if Bell doesn't receive his desired offer. Let's say teams are scared of the fact that Bell may not be the same player after sitting out an entire year. They also may bulk at Bell's injury history that includes knee surgery in 2015 and groin surgery in 2017. Bell may also get dinged on the open market for his past suspensions for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

Regardless, there's still a long way to go before Bell and the Steelers would eventually part ways. My guess is that Pittsburgh will transition tag Bell and will then have to decide whether or not to match another team's offer. If a team offers Bell a number that the Steelers fell comfortable matching (and the fell that investing in Bell is the right thing to do moving forward), he will be a Steeler for the next several years. If a team blows any offer the Steelers would have made out of the water, Bell will be on another NFL roster in 2019. It's as simple as that.
I'm pretty sure I heard that if we tag him and don't match an offer we get nothing. So I think the smart move is to let him walk and take the 3rd rd pick in 2020.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 12:36 pm

i guess they don't mention the nonexclusive tag , because they know nobody would give up first rd picks for him unclear on Bell status 2829330259
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 6:07 am

F it sign Bell, Ben and keep AB I want to see this dumpster fire go nucular bomb blast radiation fire. unclear on Bell status 344726530
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 11:47 am

effyou515 wrote:
F it sign Bell, Ben and keep AB I want to see this dumpster fire go nucular bomb blast radiation fire. unclear on Bell status 344726530

i would love to see it if it meant tomlin leaving
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 3:57 pm

muncher wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

i would love to see it if it meant tomlin leaving

what I thinking.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 6:18 am

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Quote :

I'm pretty sure I heard that if we tag him and don't match an offer we get nothing. So I think the smart move is to let him walk and take the 3rd rd pick in 2020.

You're right about that. If we don't match the offer we get nothing. Otoh if we let him go it's absolutaly not guarenteed that we get a 3rd round compensation pick, we might even get nothing. It depends on a lot of factors: how much will Bell earn in 2019, how much will Bell play in 2019, how much money will we spend in FA,... and that's something I never read. Every article goes about that 3rd round compensation.

Like for example: Chris Hubbard is now a starter with a good contract for Cleveland so this year we should get a decent compensatory pick for that, but because we signed Burnett to a good contract that might negate that.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 8:58 am

IMO Burnett was a mistake. Little value for an over priced guy who doesn't even want to be here. The way the FO has bungled so many deals lately I won't be surprised if we get nothing for Bell and they just let AB walk. unclear on Bell status 2913999526

I find myself questioning every move they make now.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 3:26 pm

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 6:26 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

unclear on Bell status 1505004552
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 4:16 pm

Little bit of explanation of why the Steelers would use the Transition Tag. I don't like this explanation at all. It carries risk.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/02/07/le-veon-bell-transition-tag-steelers-news/stories/201902070124
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 4:59 am

jak341 wrote:
Little bit of explanation of why the Steelers would use the Transition Tag. I don't like this explanation at all. It carries risk.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/02/07/le-veon-bell-transition-tag-steelers-news/stories/201902070124

"Ideally, the Steelers would find a team interested in Bell, place the transition tag on him, sign him and trade him to that interested team the same day. That way, they are guaranteed compensation for the former All-Pro running back, whether in the form of a player or a draft choice."

But that would involve the Steelers getting cooperation from Bell and his agent, Adisa Bakari, to work out a deal — an unlikely possibility given what has transpired the past two seasons.

Yeah like this will happen. I mean the part about Bell cooperating.
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 10:24 am

theyll tag him, that money will be tied up so it cant be spent on real FAs. the real FAs will be signed by other teams. tagging bell will blow up in our face. steelers will sign a few scrub FAs. steelers will tell fans they their backs were against the wall cap wise. certain fans will drink the kool aid. steelers will go nowhere again next year.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 1:34 pm

The Bell status is now crystal clear. I just got the NFL app notification. The Steelers are not using any tags on Bell. He is now an unrestricted free agent.

One of the Steelers sagas has come to an end.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 5:41 pm

Bell tweeted “Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty I’m free at last” a few hours ago

unclear on Bell status We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 2:48 am

Good, one distraction less to deal with.
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 9:32 am

Gingerchip wrote:
Bell tweeted “Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty I’m free at last” a few hours ago

lol..........................how disgraceful
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 10:04 am

Report: Jets concerned Le’Veon Bell let himself get out of shape

The Jets have frequently been mentioned as a potential suitor for free agent running back Le'Veon Bell, but there may be at least one reason the Jets are hesitant.

Or possibly 260 reasons: According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, there was “word on the street” that Bell got up to 260 pounds during his year off, and the Jets are concerned about what kind of shape he’s in.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/21/report-jets-concerned-leveon-bell-let-himself-get-out-of-shape/

Ben LOL

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
muncher

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 10:27 am

those damn munchies will catch up to you
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 11:36 am

muncher wrote:

Yeah they will. unclear on Bell status 1797695198 Maybe they sign him then convert him to o-line since he can do it all.unclear on Bell status 1549491426
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 9:45 pm

muncher wrote:

him and snoop be eatin all those cheetos while they work on his tracks.

i hope he fails another drug test.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: unclear on Bell status   unclear on Bell status Empty

Back to top Go down

unclear on Bell status
Page 1 of 1