Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIs JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?

Go down 
+9
Stella Nation
Great Randino
Mach1
effyou515
IowaSteeler927
SteelerFreak58
solardave
Wallace108
jak341
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? Empty
PostSubject: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 9:39 am

JuJu is listed as questionable with a toe injury. However, JuJu was healthy enough to Party at IUP (https://twitter.com/5thYear/status/1180537214897463296?s=19) and crash a wedding (https://twitter.com/Miranda_Fish22/status/1180383903334486016?s=19). JuJu has hardly shown he is capable of being a #1 WR this far.

Full credit to Mark Madden for staying on top of these stories. On his Twitter thread, I've seen more and more people saying the same thing about JuJu. Public opinion is turning.

Is JuJu Becoming exactly what the team said they were trying to rid themselves of?

Also, if a team comes with a 1st rounder offer for JuJu, should we consider it?

Last edited by jak341 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 9:54 am

I see a few people trying to compare JuJu to AB. While there's definitely a "look at me" aspect to both, the difference is in the motivation. AB wanted people to look at him, and no one else. He had to be The Guy. JuJu loves being in the public eye, but I never get the sense that he has to be The Guy. He seems to enjoy being One of the Guys. This was evident last week when he encouraged Johnson to "keep eating" while JuJu was being double teamed.

From everything I've seen, JuJu cares more about the team winning than his individual stats. He's happy to be One of the Guys. Whereas AB cared more about his stats than the team winning. He has to be The Guy.

Another big difference is that JuJu seems to genuinely care about his teammates, and would likely tone it down if asked to. AB cares only about AB.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 10:19 am

First of all Mark Madden loves controversy more than life itself. I think he is anti-Steeler personally.
JU JU is young and will make his share of mistakes but saying he isn't a team player is just nonsense IMHO. I also agree if he is asked to tone it down he will and I believe that unlike AB he is approachable. AB didn't care about anyone but AB. So.....this story gets my Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? 1401235891
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 10:32 am

Juju is 22 he is living a dream. Juju has a strong sense of team and what it takes to win. I had problems with my toe on my right foor one season for about 3 weeks and I can tell you it is impossible to really "work" through the pain. Everything you do when you run anatomically takes part because of that big toe without its full use you lose so much birst and acceleration. I am sure they are giving him the best therapy, medicine, shots, and "treatment" that money can buy but it still will slow him down. In todays NFL if your WRs are only 90% you are in trouble.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 11:56 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Juju is 22 he is living a dream. Juju has a strong sense of team and what it takes to win. I had problems with my toe on my right foor one season for about 3 weeks and I can tell you it is impossible to really "work" through the pain. Everything you do when you run anatomically takes part because of that big toe without its full use you lose so much birst and acceleration. I am sure they are giving him the best therapy, medicine, shots, and "treatment" that money can buy but it still will slow him down. In todays NFL if your WRs are only 90% you are in trouble.

To punctuate what you just said. Turf Toe ended Jack Lambert's career.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 12:28 pm

JuJu is playing today.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 2:24 pm

Mark Madden is a moron. Juju is a team player, humble, and a good positive force in the community.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 8:40 pm

Madden and his followers are hammering JuJu tonight.

What I've learned is this ... when the Steelers defense causes a fumble, it's a great play by the defense. When a Steelers offensive player fumbles, it's his fault.

I saw the following tweet, and I don't know if the numbers are accurate, but I don't see anyone correcting them ...

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 9:01 pm

That fumble wasnt Juju's fault it was a great heads up play by the Raven defender. Juju had just caught the ball and pulled it in that guy came in fast and put his hand on that ball pefectly. Juju didnt even see it coming. Bad break? Hell yes. His fault we lost the game? Nope.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 9:09 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
That fumble wasnt Juju's fault it was a great heads up play by the Raven defender. Juju had just caught the ball and pulled it in that guy came in fast and put his hand on that ball pefectly. Juju didnt even see it coming. Bad break? Hell yes. His fault we lost the game? Nope.

Exactly. I know it's hard, but sometimes you have to give credit to the other team.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 10:54 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Madden and his followers are hammering JuJu tonight.

What I've learned is this ... when the Steelers defense causes a fumble, it's a great play by the defense. When a Steelers offensive player fumbles, it's his fault.

I saw the following tweet, and I don't know if the numbers are accurate, but I don't see anyone correcting them ...

fuck you I'll shut the fuck up when I want to shut the fuck up. Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 10:58 pm

JU JU fumbled because hid toe be hurting him I don't know why he's even in the game. Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? 2087824411 Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? 2761542443 Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? 611739232 Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? 2981382511
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 3:35 am

I'd be willing to bet none of us could beat Ju Ju up like he's beating himself up right now.That's who he is. I told my wife that if I wasn't a fan of either team I would have to say that was one of the best games I've watched in a long time. There will be goats and gameballs but this was a slug fest on both sides.
I still can't get over Earl Thomas not being thrown out of the game. Fouts brought up more than once how he hit him right on the chin. They really need to take that moron out of the booth because he doesn't keep up with the rules and he is biased.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 4:05 am

solardave wrote:
I'd be willing to bet none of us could beat Ju Ju up like he's beating himself up right now.That's who he is. I told my wife that if I wasn't a fan of either team I would have to say that was one of the best games I've watched in a long time. There will  be goats and gameballs but this was a slug fest on both sides.
I still can't get over Earl Thomas not being thrown out of the game. Fouts brought up more than once how he hit him right on the chin. They really need to take that moron out of the booth because he doesn't keep up with the rules and he is biased.

even Cowher and the rest of the dummies on the CBS Football Today Show didn't say crap about the helmet to Mason Rudolph's chin face mask area hit. tow the company line and collect and keep your million dollar plus a year jobs.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 5:21 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I disagree. It was his fault. Ball security is the responsibility of the ball carrier. If he secured the ball and didn't think because he stiff armed him or anyone else earlier he could do it again we win that game.

Here's Ju Ju after the game. His face says it all.

https://www.steelers.com/video/juju-on-loss-to-the-ravens

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 12:11 pm

solardave wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I disagree. It was his fault. Ball security is the responsibility of the ball carrier. If he secured the ball and didn't think because he stiff armed him or anyone else earlier he could do it again we win that game.

If that's the case, then we can never give any defensive player credit for causing a fumble.

If you watch the play again, JuJu had the ball in his hands for just a split second before Humphrey punched it out. It was so quick, the announcers checked with the former official in the booth to get his opinion on if it was even a catch. It was. Barely. JuJu didn't have time to secure the ball. It was a well-timed, perfect punch by Humphrey the second JuJu caught the ball. It wasn't a lack of ball security on JuJu's part ... it was a great defensive play.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 1:58 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
solardave wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

If that's the case, then we can never give any defensive player credit for causing a fumble.

If you watch the play again, JuJu had the ball in his hands for just a split second before Humphrey punched it out. It was so quick, the announcers checked with the former official in the booth to get his opinion on if it was even a catch. It was. Barely. JuJu didn't have time to secure the ball. It was a well-timed, perfect punch by Humphrey the second JuJu caught the ball. It wasn't a lack of ball security on JuJu's part ... it was a great defensive play.

I went back and watched that play and I stand corrected. That was a fine defensive play. Perfect timing but that's not always the case.Had Ju Ju turned up field and taken 3 or 4 steps I would still say he was at fault. I believe when a WR or RB has time to secure the ball he should do that. I don't believe it's always a great defensive play.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 3:31 pm

It was a perfectly timed punch out. Not much can be done to prevent those kind of plays.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 5:24 pm

Mach1 wrote:
It was a perfectly timed punch out. Not much can be done to prevent those kind of plays.

It's just a shame that was a deciding factor in the game.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 1:00 pm

solardave wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
solardave wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I went back and watched that play and I stand corrected. That was a fine defensive play. Perfect timing but that's not always the case.Had Ju Ju turned up field and taken 3 or 4 steps I would still say he was at fault. I believe when a WR or RB has time to secure the ball he should do that. I don't believe it's always a great defensive play.

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? 230572241

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2019 10:21 pm

JuJu just posted video of himself going 100mph in Pittsburgh.

https://twitter.com/DKPghSports/status/1199519157521395712?s=19
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 7:12 am

jak341 wrote:
JuJu just posted video of himself going 100mph in Pittsburgh.

https://twitter.com/DKPghSports/status/1199519157521395712?s=19

Who knows for sure if this is real except Ju Ju? If it is it's plain stupid. I would like to think he knows better than this but I'm not sure anymore.Social media serves a purpose and that purpose is sometimes ugly.
Maybe this next CBA will address players posting and saying bone headed stuff.
There has to be consequences or it is only going to get worse. Maybe if you are banned for posting stuff like this they'll see no purpose doing it in the first place. Probably not.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 10:28 am

Sigh... if its true... these fucking kids... Tomlin needs to get his ass in the office with the GM and owner and tear him a new asshole. PERIOD.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptyThu Nov 28, 2019 5:15 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Sigh... if its true... these fucking kids... Tomlin needs to get his ass in the office with the GM and owner and tear him a new asshole. PERIOD.
Maybe Tomlin already has. You wouldn't know.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 2:18 pm

More media starting to turn on JuJu.

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2019/12/steelers-juju-smith-schuster-keeps-smiling-despite-poor-season-but-his-acts-getting-old.html?utm_campaign=pasports_sf&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next