Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIs JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?

Go down 
+9
Stella Nation
Great Randino
Mach1
effyou515
IowaSteeler927
SteelerFreak58
solardave
Wallace108
jak341
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 8:54 am

JuJu's replacement.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/28/steelers-2021-nfl-draft-anthony-schwartz-auburn/
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 1:09 pm

jak341 wrote:
JuJu's replacement.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/28/steelers-2021-nfl-draft-anthony-schwartz-auburn/

Really fast, unpolished receiver .. Raiders will take him in the 1st round. Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 3562723908

solardave and jak341 like this post

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 1:11 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
jak341 wrote:
JuJu's replacement.

Really fast, unpolished receiver .. Raiders will take him in the 1st round. Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 3562723908

Then, he will come here and resurrect his career as a dependable special teams player.

kirklandrules and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 1:24 pm

jak341 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
jak341 wrote:
JuJu's replacement.

Then, he will come here and resurrect his career as a dependable special teams player.

Your comment is funnier than mine Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 2276209185

But on a serious note, it shows what character DHB had to not squander his money from his Raiders days on hookers and blow and wash out with a lengthy rap sheet. Instead, he became a ST ace and one of the best in the league during that time.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 3:56 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
jak341 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
jak341 wrote:
JuJu's replacement.

Your comment is funnier than mine Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 2276209185

But on a serious note, it shows what character DHB had to not squander his money from his Raiders days on hookers and blow and wash out with a lengthy rap sheet. Instead, he became a ST ace and one of the best in the league during that time.

I have no issues with DHB. He did what he was asked to do and did it well. He should have never been a #1 draft pick, nor a #1 receiver. He found his calling as a ST ace and a lower depth chart receiver that caused just enough fear that someone had to cover him as he went downfield.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 5:38 pm

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 May-the-schwartz-be-with-you

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 11:26 am

Some serious shade being thrown by MM. 😅

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 12:12 pm

jak341 wrote:
Some serious shade being thrown by MM. 😅

agree 100%

Brand not so good? to me he was getting to the point he was putting the brand above the team football career l like juju the football player but juju the person was getting a little on the attention whore side of things.

NFL free agency 2021: Ex-Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster in talks with Jets, per report

could be where his brand would like to go and it could be where another talented ex-Steelers players career goes to burn out.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 6:10 pm

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 6:30 pm

So you had this earlier today.

And then this happened.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 4:20 am

Maybe now all these players who think Twitter and all the other social media outlets where they "build their brand" do not help their career. Just catch the damn ball when it's thrown to you and remember unless you're out in the community doing service (which in his defense Ju JU does) your #1 job is to play football. After your NFL career is over you can examine your "BRAND".

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 4:47 am

solardave wrote:
Maybe now all these players who think Twitter and all the other social media outlets where they "build their brand" do not help their career. Just catch the damn ball when it's thrown to you and remember unless you're out in the community doing service (which in his defense Ju JU does) your #1 job is to play football. After your NFL career is over you can examine your "BRAND".

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 1797695198

if you just catch the damn ball and be charismatic to the public and football fans something funny happens advertising endorsements.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 8:36 am

jak341 wrote:

And then this happened.

and the raiders signed john brown....the guy who got steeler fans excited because he mentioned pittsburg...got him for 1 year 4 million too.
the jags still got money to spend Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 3135543967
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 10:46 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
jak341 wrote:

And then this happened.

and the raiders signed john brown....the guy who got steeler fans excited because he mentioned pittsburg...got him for 1 year 4 million too.
the jags still got money to spend Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 3135543967

don't think Meyer will sign him Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 2087824411
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 12:42 pm

Lots of verified Steelers accounts Tweeting JuJu things today: pictures of him dancing and the like.

Something is up.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 1:44 pm

Juju resigns for 1 year 8M. Cheap deal!

https://www.nfl.com/news/juju-smith-schuster-agrees-to-one-year-deal-to-return-to-pittsburgh-steelers

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 1:52 pm

Also got offers from Chiefs 8M and Ravens 9M apparantly.

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 1:52 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
Juju resigns for 1 year 8M. Cheap deal!

https://www.nfl.com/news/juju-smith-schuster-agrees-to-one-year-deal-to-return-to-pittsburgh-steelers

Shocked I didn't think there was any way this was happening. ESPN reporting the rats offered him more but he decided to stay. We get to do this all over again next year but maybe they will be in a better spot to resign him then. The same article says they gave Steven Nelson permission to seek trade.

Quote :
Sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the Baltimore Ravens made a hard push to sign the receiver and that the Philadelphia Eagles also offered a multiyear deal with more money, but Smith-Schuster wound up taking significantly less money to stay with the Steelers on a one-year deal.

"This is my home, they're gonna need a wrecking ball to take me outta here! PITTSBURGH I LOVE YOU, LET'S GO!!!!!" he posted on Twitter.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31093963/juju-smith-schuster-opts-re-sign-pittsburgh-steelers

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 2:29 pm

With this and the Nelson story, there are a lot of hot takes out there. A. Lot. Of. Hot. Takes.

Lots of questioning if letting Nelson find a trade and if we did this to resign JuJu. We will never know the answer to this. However, here are some thoughts.

• If JuJu left, it was going to be a 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick next year. If Nelson is traded, I am assuming that we will get a 3rd or 4th this year for him.
  • Depth is really thin at CB, so why let him leave? We're assuming that the Steelers are the ones that initiated this, and not Nelson. Maybe Nelson wants a trade to somewhere that wants a realistic shot at a SB this year.

We've going to lose 5/11 starters to FA on the D: Alualu, Hilton, Dupree, V. Williams, and probably Nelson. That is a lot of talent walking out the door that we have unknowns to replace, or don't have a replacement. Combine this with the Offense, where 3/5 OL starters are gone: Pouncey, Big Al, and Feiler. One of 2 TEs is retired: McDonald. Our RB situation is unstable. All of this looks like it is leading to a really, really down year. With Nelson being 28 and CBs potentially falling off cliffs sooner than later, it makes sense to try and get something for him.

It is resigning ourselves to a fate we haven't seen in ages: this team may not be competitive in a competitive AFC North.

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 3:01 pm

jak341 wrote:
With this and the Nelson story, there are a lot of hot takes out there. A. Lot. Of. Hot. Takes.

Lots of questioning if letting Nelson find a trade and if we did this to resign JuJu. We will never know the answer to this. However, here are some thoughts.

• If JuJu left, it was going to be a 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick next year. If Nelson is traded, I am assuming that we will get a 3rd or 4th this year for him.
  • Depth is really thin at CB, so why let him leave? We're assuming that the Steelers are the ones that initiated this, and not Nelson. Maybe Nelson wants a trade to somewhere that wants a realistic shot at a SB this year. I'll talk more below on this.

We've going to lose 5/11 starters to FA on the D: Alualu, Hilton, Dupree, V. Williams, and probably Nelson. That is a lot of talent walking out the door that we have unknowns to replace, or don't have a replacement. Combine this with the Offense, where 3/5 OL starters are gone: Pouncey, Big Al, and Feiler. One of 2 TEs is retired: McDonald. Our RB situation is unstable. All of this looks like it is leading to a really, really down year. With Nelson being 28 and CBs potentially falling off cliffs sooner than later, it makes sense to try and get something for him.

It is resigning ourselves to a fate we haven't seen in ages: this team may not be competitive in a competitive AFC North.

4/11 starters on D, but I get your point. TJ, Heyward, Tuitt, Bush, Haden, Minkah and Edmunds are always going to start and that's 7. Depending on the system Alualu, VW or Hilton don't start. I don't see much of a drop-off (if any) from Hilton to Sutton and from VW to Spillane. Highsmith is good, but probably not at the level of Dupree yet this season. We need a better back-up there than what we have now.  Alualu could be replaced rather easy I believe. He's good but let's not pretend that he's some HQ starter. Losing Nelson worries me though. CB is now a high priority in the draft and even a possible first round pick. OL/CB/RB whoever falls to us at 24 should be that pick.

I believe they chose Juju over Nelson for a variety of reasons. The most important one is that it's strictly business. Juju chose to play below his market value, and if it was Nelson who asked for the trade then he wanted more money and he already has a higher contract than Juju now. Also, marketing wise Juju will earn them more money than Nelson. Juju will sell more jerseys than Nelson and will generate more publicity than Nelson. While Juju's popularity is declining, he's still the face of the Steelers for a certain generation and some fans. Nelson will never obtain that status.

Another reason why they've chosen Juju over Nelson is that both contracts are up in 2022 now. They both will demand a new longer and bigger contract next year. Who are you going to resign for 4 years? The then 29 year old who's at his peak but maybe won't be anymore when he's 2 years in his contract or the then 25 year old who will be at his peak during the whole span of that contract?

That's how I rationalise it, but I hate to lose Nelson anyway. His absence will be felt.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 3:26 pm

Just please don't go CB in the first round of the draft. We suck at drafting 1st round DB's.

I vote for Najee Harris if he's on the board.

I think the line will be alright, especially in Canada's offense. He will get more out of the talents they have and put them in more of a position to win than Fichtner did.

I am concerned that this is the year ben could fall off a cliff. Hope Mason is ready to play. That said, the running game has to be substantially better or we go nowhere. If that happens, it takes a lot of pressure of the QB.

Defensive backs, definitely an issue now. Hope we have solutions for it in free agency. I don't expect to get someone in the draft who can step right in and make a difference.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 4:42 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Just please don't go CB in the first round of the draft.  We suck at drafting 1st round DB's.

I vote for Najee Harris if he's on the board.

I think the line will be alright, especially in Canada's offense.  He will get more out of the talents they have and put them in more of a position to win than Fichtner did.

I am concerned that this is the year ben could fall off a cliff.  Hope Mason is ready to play.  That said, the running game has to be substantially better or we go nowhere.  If that happens, it takes a lot of pressure of the QB.

Defensive backs, definitely an issue now.  Hope we have solutions for it in free agency.  I don't expect to get someone in the draft who can step right in and make a difference.

Shocked  OMG....thats why they did it.....so they could draft JayCee Horn Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 1505004552  colbert wanted one last shot at drafting a good cornerback. thats why he keeps signing just one year contracts to get the corner monkey off his back ... Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 1549491426  he dont want history books showing he completely sucked ass at drafting CB's.

anyone else see connor coming back for cheap ?  Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 190127080
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 4:59 pm

Mark Madden is having a bad day. Or a good day, depending on how you look at it.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 5:04 pm

jak341 wrote:
If Nelson is traded, I am assuming that we will get a 3rd or 4th this year for him.

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 2672159185 a player that is still under contract does not qualify for a comp pick.
had JuJu excepted an offer in the 8-9 million range with another team he might have gotten them a 5th round comp pick. this year 4th comp pick was for hargrave who's contract averaged 12 million a year. so JuJu's other offers were not even close to 4th round consideration.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 5:07 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
jak341 wrote:
If Nelson is traded, I am assuming that we will get a 3rd or 4th this year for him.

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 2672159185   a player that is still under contract does not qualify for a comp pick.
had JuJu excepted an offer in the 8-9 million range with another team he might have gotten them a 5th round comp pick. this year 4th comp pick was for hargrave who's contract averaged 12 million a year. so JuJu's other offers were not even close to 4th round consideration.

Not a comp. pick, but a plain, shiny, and new 2021 draft pick in return.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next